A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist? Good or Bad to work for?? - post

Posted: Aug 26, 2010

Any information on this company?  Good or Bad to work for??

re: good or bad - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
It's both, depending on the individual.

There are many MTs who on a daily basis have no work. No work = no pay...

There are also those who seem to have an abundance of work, hence what they consider "great pay".

I personally make a good living, 27,000 a year. Not bad. Husband works FT. I like my hours and the flexibility allowed in working at home.

(no flamers please, just MY story).

re: Medquist - EBV

[ In Reply To ..]
I like working here also. I work only PT, do MT and VR work. I've got a good supervisor. I don't get benefits though, too expensive, not worth it. Got those through DH.

I've been with MQ for 14 years and started FT. I also enjoy a certain amount of flexibility and have steady, predictable pay.

ALSO, this is JUST ME, I don't want flamers either!

Good or bad depends on expectations - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to work f/t and expect to make a living, you will be frustrated beyond belief. If you used to make a living as an MT/ME you will be frustrated beyond belief. If you want p/t and your financial health does not depend on this job, you probably will be okay. If you are a new MT/ME with no expectations and don't believe what you were told when you were hired you will probably be okay.

It is not a particularly friendly work atmosphere. Not as much flexibility as there used to be. If you don't start out on 100% ASR you will soon find yourself there, which means 40% drop in pay.

Beyond that, same thing we tell everybody who asks. Paychecks are on time. And there are benefits available if you can afford them.

I personally cannot wait to get out, after over 10 years. This company has gotten too big and has taken over the industry in terms of pay, policies, etc. Not healthy for one company to have this much control, especially when their own workers are, on average, not happy. It is a very big corporation with a very big corporate attitude. Everybody is busy trying to hang onto their job.

Again, if you are not counting on this income to pay bills and your expectations are not too high.....

how much hand holding do you need? - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Me, I just punch in, do my job as best I can when there is work and punch out. I don't send to QA and rarely hear from or contact my supervisor. Some people can't work like that and need constant feedback and contact with their supervisor.

If you are a newbie expect to make very little money and have some of that money taken from you for the FTR program. I have never recommended this company or profession to anyone, but especially someone just starting out. The QA program has drastically changed from when I started 10 years and now is very unfriendly to newbies. The QA are paid by the line too, not by the hour like they used to be and therefore the time factor just isn't there for mentoring. We all are doing what we can to keep our jobs and keep the creditors at bay and looking to see if something better is available.

I agree - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't need the money, if your husband works and you only do it for a little extra, fine. One can not make a living on what they pay. Their voice recognition is TERRIBLE and has to be edited word for word mostly, so those reports take forever to do and pay much less.

People, don't go into medical transcription, go into HIT. That's the growing sector. Managing EHRs. I don't think anyone has figured out yet what that's going to consist of once everybody gets transitioned, but that's where we will need to be.

RUN! - fromspheris

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not work for this company if I were you. I can't even understand why they are hiring. There is no work and my paycheck for two weeks was barely 325 dollars. Cannot live on that and am looking for a new job. Check out all the other companies before considering this one. They are awful and I can't believe that some of the things they do are even legal; in fact, I don't think they are! I am very happy for those of you that it is working out for, but it is not for most people here.

Bad company - you will be sorry - golden girl

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Medquist for almost 10 years. The first 7 years were great, but in the last 3 years since CBAY bought them, things have been going downhill. Pay cuts, bonuses disappearing, constantly being asked to work weekends and nights when hired for the day shift, punished for sending blanks to QA,account jumping causing lower pay. Many people have no jobs available on their shift even after switching to the undesirable weekends and nights while others have jobs and OT. They don't make sense. I always had work while I worked for them, most of the time,but if I did run out, you have to make it up on the weekend.

I quit 3 months ago and am glad I finally had the courage to make the move. After I sent my computer back about a month later Medquist calls and asks what they can do to get me to come back. I told them at this point there was nothing they could do that would make me return.

Similar Messages:

Is There Anything Good About MedQuist???
Aug 03, 2010

I have been sending and posting my résumé all over the place and yesterday got an e-mail from the recruiters at MedQuist. Everything i've seen about them is absolutely horrible, but I know too that when you leave a company you rarely have anything good to say about it. So, i'm just wondering if there are any pros to working with them, if it would be a step up for me maybe? Right now I have one year of experience, make 6 cpl and I make my own schedule. Any input would be a ...

Can Any Employee Tell Me Something Good About Medquist.
Apr 30, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT — But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including “the M,” and “the N” and (now to be included) “the T” following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Medquist HR
Jan 20, 2010

I was wondering if someone can give me the email address of human resources.  I used to work for Medquist and I left due to not having any work about a year ago.  I am looking at contacting someone someone in HR to see if I could possibly work for them again if possible.  Thanks ...

Gee, Thanks Medquist For Getting Rid Of MT's.
Feb 28, 2010

Yes, I know, THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ACCEPT CHANGE!  That is why I am getting out of this profession and going back to school. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations-associated-with-template-based-clinical-documentation-85476462.html MEDQUIST HAS THEIR OWN EPIC SYSTEM COMING OUT.  GETS RID OF DICTATION. MedQuist Launches EHR Integration for Dictations Associated with Template-based Clinical Documentat ...

Who Is New To Medquist?
Mar 01, 2010

How long did it take you to get up and running with the Q?  Why are they hiring?  I have been asked twice to test with them, but I always see NJA on this board!  Do you have plenty of work since you started, and how long has that been?  I don't want to go through the testing and hiring process and then sit there with no work available. ...

Medquist Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

I work for Spheris but was bought out by Medquist and I was wondering if anyone knows their cpl on TR and SR.   I have 2-1/2 years experience with Spheris.  THANKS!  ...

For MedQuist ASR, How Do You
Dec 09, 2010

synchronize text with speech/speech with text? I tried ctrl+M and ctrl+shift+M and nothing happens. What trick am I missing? I am trying to put yellow highlight in sync with the where I am at in the text on very long report.  Thank you ...

New To Medquist
Jan 10, 2011

Hi.  I am new to MedQuist.  Can people out there who do not hate the company please tell me if they have had a good experience or not?  So far, I am worried that I will not be able to make decent money, but I am hoping that when my speed improves, that will not be the case.  I have many, many years of experience, so that is not the issue.  Sound quality seems to be a problem, and I am finding that editing takes an inordinate amount of time.  I am a fast typist, so I ...

Job Op With Medquist
Feb 13, 2011

I currently work for a company that pays pretty much the same as Medquist.  I hardly have to deal with ESL docs and if I work my butt off I can make some decent money.  I'm very reluctant to quit my current job and work for Medquist after reading some of these posts.  I have no idea what kind of account Medquist is going to assign me to which has me nervous.  Also I'm about to be a single mom and I'm very worried about making the wrong decision.  ...

Medquist Pay
Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know if Medquist pay is by VBC lines? ...

My Former Job At Medquist
Mar 30, 2011

Good afternoon all.  I left for SoCal in early August to care for an elderly family member and let my supervisor know about 3 weeks in advance but never heard a word from her.  I was flex-part-time.  We got back to NC about 3 weeks ago, and I'm going nuts trying to find a job.  Would you believe I received a termination notice in late October after not having worked August, September, or October?  What took them so long?  I was going to ask if anything had imp ...

If I Ran MedQuist
Jul 10, 2011

If I ran MedQuist:  Pay Rate:  No Tier 1, 2, 3.  All MQ MTs would have to be Tier 3 and paid as such.  Starting off at 9cpl with cost of living increases.  ASR rate would be paid 25% less MT rate.  25%!!!!!!!  Minimums:  Minimums will be set up at $$ amount each day, ASR or MT lines, daily minimum must me met at least 4/5 days worked and will be set at $100.00 (based on the new pay rate would be doable). Incentive:  Absolutely floors me this is a p ...

What Medquist Is Doing To Us
Jul 12, 2011

I want everyone to think about what Medquist is doing.  It does not matter what your job is for this company, they are systematically getting rid of the US employees because it comes down to the almighty dollar for this company.   It is not a US based company, the upper echelon is India.  This company sold out to its US workers long ago.  Shame on Medquist, but that is what they did.  It will not matter if we stay or go, they will be fine.  What each of us has ...

About MedQuist
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone have anything good to say about MedQuiist? ...

Thank You Medquist
Aug 12, 2011

For once again proving to me how idiotic your polices and practices are. Heads up to all those who recently left the Q employment. Be wary of your exit interview. I received a phone call from a Private No., which I foolishly answered. Someone, who first off, I had trouble understanding, asked a gazillon questions, mostly YES or NO answers, or a Good, Satisfactory, Very Satisfactory, etc., to rate the company and my employment. Naturally assuming (when I heard the word Medquist), that it was ...

Medquist Really That Bad?
Aug 17, 2011

I was rather dismayed to see all the negative comments here about MedQuist. Hasn't *anyone* had a good experience? I was all set to sign on as an FT employee benefited but decided I should check on here.   I have had a big cut in pay due to staff reduction at my current job and have to hurry up and find something else before our wallet starts bleeding too much.   Thanks for any constructive feedback you can offer.   Penny ...

Medquist CCM
Aug 26, 2011

Work for Alltype, just bought out by MQ.  Any other ppl whose company was bought out, did your previous managers come along and stay?  I have a GREAT manager at Alltype and I wonder how likely I will get to keep working with her? ...

New PC Sent To Me From Medquist -- WHY?
Oct 29, 2011

Anyone know why Medquist is sending a new PC without any advanced notification to at least expect it by FedEx? ...

WHERE CAN I GET MORE $ THAN MEDQUIST?
Dec 13, 2011

WAS EARNING OVER 12 CPL AT MEDQUIST, BUT WITH RECENT CUTS, NOW DOWN TO THE MAX OF 10.5 CPL.  CONTEMPLATING LEAVING MQ, BUT WHERE CAN I GET THE SAME RATE AT ANOTHER MTSO, OR EVEN CLOSE TO IT?  HAVE 30+ YEARS EXPERIENCE, ALL IN ACUTE CARE. ...

Medquist W2
Jan 24, 2012

Will we be receiving W2 forms Medquist in the mail? ...

MedQuist
Mar 17, 2015

When I left MM over a year ago, they were increasing the accuracy requirement to 99.7%.  I see now it is back to 99.5.  What happened? ...

Working A Second Job While At Medquist
Oct 13, 2009

Does anybody else work a second transcription job while working for Medquist?  What happens when the job you're applying for wants to contact Medquist for references?  Does Medquist frown on people having a second transcription job?  ...

Sorry, Another Medquist Question
Oct 14, 2009

I have taken the tests, had a phone interview, and the person from the phone interview said my next step was to fill out an application on line. I am confused, as I thought I had filled out an application before I took the test? Can anyone explain the hiring process steps for Medquist? This is all very new to me. I have been at the same office for many, many years and have never tried to work for an on line company before.  Any help/comments would be appreciated! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...