A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it just me or have MTSOs stopped the stupid testing? - notestformeagain

Posted: Oct 28, 2014

The last 3 job offers required no testing at all, just a casual phone interview. What gives?

lucky you - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Please tell me the secret and/or which company to apply to...

in reply - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to know too. Wanting to leave the horrible company "N". Have 13 years' in transcription for a hospital. They are terrible. Tests are not hard, just time consuming.

I will email you as I don't know if they woud - appreciate a shout out.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

in reply - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds good. Let me know when you do -

As we near 2015, I think anything they're hiring - for is short-term, not long-term.

[ In Reply To ..]
Also: Were you HIRED after the casual phone interview? If not, maybe the interview was just going through the motions, and what they REALLY want to hire are more offshore MTs.

Offers from 3 companies, took one. - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What's the pay like? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
0.05 for VR as IC. Others were at 0.4 - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wish I could say - the same

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not come across this at all. These tests are way too long. I would appreciate you emailing me as well with a company or two to apply with that doesn't have these anymore. Thank you so much!

Similar Messages:

Can This Stupid Company Find Anything More Stupid To Do?
Aug 29, 2013

Ugh, I never encountered this before.  I have some different accounts.  There is this INANE gender check which kicks out he or she if it is not the patient's gender.  OMG, the dumas people who have nothing better to do and set this up apparently do not realize males may have mothers or girl friends and vice versa.  I'm so sick of wasting my time fixing the worthless things they have set up to make things "easier" for us.  We'd be better off if maybe t ...

DO NOT Be Dumb Like Me.........stupid, Stupid,stupid
Jan 20, 2011

I had it all. The job I wanted through SOAP Transcription. One little thing got me fired and I don't want it to happen to any of you regardless if you're new or a veteran of the field. Most of us at home workers, with whomever we work for, have rules about the internet. That being said, I was towards the end of my shift last Sunday, and wanted to check the score of a football game. I figured it was only once, what could it hurt. Well, now I know, all too painfully.  I wasn't ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If MQ Stopped Matching
Mar 27, 2011

401k contributions?  I know they had a 50% match back a long time ago when I was first hired. I heard something about them not matching anymore?  Anyone know if this is true? I wouldn't be surprised with what they have already and continue to take from us.  Watching Suze Orman show; she says if your company doesn't match to stop contributing and start a Roth IRA.  ...

Has Anyone Stopped Doing MME Work?
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone been an MT, MME, and ASR and then quit doing the MME part and gone back to just MT and ASR work?   If so, did it make any difference in your paycheck for better or worse?  How did your workflow change?  Are you glad you quit doing MME work or would you like to go back to it again?    Also, has anyone actually switched positions within MModal or Medquist from being an MT to something like a virtual customer service representative or something that is still ...

Has Anyone's Company Stopped Using B.i.d.?
Jan 11, 2013

On a recent transcription test I was informed that it was not used by that facility anymore.  Just curious if it was particular to them or a new thing I have not heard of.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Coding Program Stopped
May 14, 2014

Just got an email from our manager saying they are stopping the program for the next week or so until they get the bugs worked out.   We are supposed to type until they figure out their next step.  Some of the students still don't have the encoder program.  I think a big part of it is because of the ruling to delay ICD9.  Who knows if it will start back up again.     Will keep you guys posted.  ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Finally Sick Of It And Just Stopped Typing...YAY! Nm
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Audio Stopped Playing On DocQScribe
Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine. Thanks in advance!! ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

My Windows Live Mail Stopped Working
Sep 22, 2013

I refuse to talk to Phil in India, does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up so I can reinstall it? Please ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Grammar Errors Stopped Checking In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

All of the sudden Microsoft Word 2007 stopped checking grammar.  I went to proofing and the box is checked for "Hide grammar errors in this document only."  However, the box cannot be unchecked.  It is like this for all documents, even new ones.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much. ...

Can They Be That Stupid?
Jun 14, 2010

They are chastizing us for making minimum wage "too often;"  can they possibly believe that after we were used to making $40,000+ a year that we have just become lazy and are happy with making minimum wage?  They don't see the irony that a job this difficult and that takes so much training and experience pays us the same as taking orders at Burger King?  I can't even wrap my head around such denseness.  Yeah, keep griping at us for making minimum wage, that ought to ...

Is ASR Getting Stupid.....er?
Oct 22, 2010

On every job I got tonight the doctors say exactly what they said in plain English... but Mr. ASR puts something different or leaves huge chunks out!  Every job!  I'm sitting here like.... really ASR?  Really???  You didn't catch the 6 words before he said "hospital" and he was speaking normal?  Is it just ASR being stupid or is this the MASTER PLAN of MQ? ...

I'm Sorry, This May Be Stupid..
Oct 01, 2011

This is something that has been bothering me. I feel stupid asking, but since it's rather important, I ask.   cpl   Currently, I am making 0.083 per line typed. I see people stating things like 7 cpl or .8 cpl. Does that equate to 7.0 per lined type (seems crazy!) and 0.8 per line typed? I'm currently being offered incentive pay for working on my days off. They stated 0.5 cpl extra per line typed. Since I have to enter my own pay and production, I'm just confused a ...

What's Up With This Stupid
Mar 03, 2014

For the last week or so, every time I try to read a thread on this site, the U-Verse ad throws me to the bottom of the page and back up about a dozen times.  I can't make sense of any of the postings.  I've tried opting out and changing my settings on "Tools," but it keeps coming back.  Help!!!!   ...

I Don't Mean To Be Stupid But
Aug 22, 2014

Did any of you get an email from MModal or your TSM on how to change your company code in Fluency Manager so that it would reflect the new code and allow you access to DEP?  Did your TSM have you check this and check for your expansions before the go live?  I can still access the DEP portion of Fluency and perform searches, see backlog, all the same functions I had before.  No one said anything about restricting our access.  She had us make the changes and test it before the ...

Oh Joy - Just Got NJA - SO STUPID!!
Mar 24, 2015

X ...

This Might Be A Stupid Question But.....
Sep 29, 2010

Is transcribing Acute Care notes that much different than clinical notes?  I currently transcribe for a family practice and gastro docs who do colonoscopies and minor procedures and have typed for oncologists and cardiologists, gyns, ophthalmologists.  Can it really be that much different?  I'm asking because I think I could do it. I am a fairly quick learner and have a good grasp of terminology and worked in a rehab hospital and was exposed to a lot of H&P, discharge sum ...

Feeling Stupid
Apr 05, 2011

Looking at an ad that says "Required skills are transcribing 1000 HIM lines (65 character lines) or 2000 MI lines per day."  Is there anyone who can translate HIM and MI for me?  Pretty sure HIM is standard transcription and thinking MI is somehow related to VR, but I guess I'm just too old school to understand new acronyms! ...

I'm Sure This Is A Really Stupid Question, But...
Jun 09, 2011

Does anybody ever get a raise or do we only get the amount we started at indefinitely?  Just curious.  It seems that the longer we are with a company and doing more work with better quality we would be compensated accordingly.  I'm sure that is not the case, but just wondering and kind of dreaming about maybe getting a different job where you can advance instead of go down in pay!!  Thanks. ...

Probably A Stupid Question
Nov 25, 2011

but I'll ask anyway.   I'm "old school" and think I need to give notice leaving a job, however if I accept a position elsewhere, will Medquist just cut me loose immediately the day or next day after giving notice? ...

Stupid Question About The
Nov 25, 2011

This probably sounds really dumb, but we click the "like" button on a post, is it to like the post or to like the ad choice.  Only reason I ask is on the left of "like" it says "ad choices" w/ an arrow pointing to "like."  Maybe I've had too many leftovers today. ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Probably A Stupid Question, But (sm)
Jul 02, 2012

My inactive time is HUGE. I just came over from another company that was pretty bad about training. I learned DQS on my own without any help whatsoever. Are we supposed to clock out each and every time we leave the computer for more than a few seconds? I'm talking about running to the bathroom and getting a drink or answering the phone. I can't imagine what else is making all this inactive time for me, and I honestly have no idea if I'm supposed to be clocking out each and ev ...