A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Finally sick of it and just stopped typing...YAY! nm - Happy ex-MQMT

Posted: Jul 11, 2011

nm

I quit last week and it feels great! - MTgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and I am sure you do too!

Best of luck to you!

Thank you - I do!!! Good luck to you!n/m - ex-MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You GO, girl! You inspire me! - No dinero, no trabajo!

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Can Anyone Tell Me If MQ Stopped Matching
Mar 27, 2011

401k contributions?  I know they had a 50% match back a long time ago when I was first hired. I heard something about them not matching anymore?  Anyone know if this is true? I wouldn't be surprised with what they have already and continue to take from us.  Watching Suze Orman show; she says if your company doesn't match to stop contributing and start a Roth IRA.  ...

Has Anyone Stopped Doing MME Work?
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone been an MT, MME, and ASR and then quit doing the MME part and gone back to just MT and ASR work?   If so, did it make any difference in your paycheck for better or worse?  How did your workflow change?  Are you glad you quit doing MME work or would you like to go back to it again?    Also, has anyone actually switched positions within MModal or Medquist from being an MT to something like a virtual customer service representative or something that is still ...

Has Anyone's Company Stopped Using B.i.d.?
Jan 11, 2013

On a recent transcription test I was informed that it was not used by that facility anymore.  Just curious if it was particular to them or a new thing I have not heard of.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Coding Program Stopped
May 14, 2014

Just got an email from our manager saying they are stopping the program for the next week or so until they get the bugs worked out.   We are supposed to type until they figure out their next step.  Some of the students still don't have the encoder program.  I think a big part of it is because of the ruling to delay ICD9.  Who knows if it will start back up again.     Will keep you guys posted.  ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Audio Stopped Playing On DocQScribe
Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine. Thanks in advance!! ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Is It Just Me Or Have MTSOs Stopped The Stupid Testing?
Oct 28, 2014

The last 3 job offers required no testing at all, just a casual phone interview. What gives? ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

My Windows Live Mail Stopped Working
Sep 22, 2013

I refuse to talk to Phil in India, does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up so I can reinstall it? Please ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Grammar Errors Stopped Checking In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

All of the sudden Microsoft Word 2007 stopped checking grammar.  I went to proofing and the box is checked for "Hide grammar errors in this document only."  However, the box cannot be unchecked.  It is like this for all documents, even new ones.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much. ...

I Finally Get It....
Mar 02, 2010

After receiving the infamous "no jobs available" for the upteen time today, it finally hit me.  What an amazing way to get rid of MTs without really having to get rid of them on your own.  Drive the MTs insane with no work, yet keep them locked to their computers in the hope that a job might become available.  It feels kinda like playing the lottery....you know it's a waste of money and time, but just maybe you might win...ughh.  Why is it that our "professional" jo ...

Now I Finally Believe The End Is Near
Jun 06, 2011

I must admit I've been reading this board for years, never posted until now, partly due to the probably unsubstantiated paranoia going around awhile back that those who posted here got the ax first, silly I suppose, but I used to care about keeping this job and didn't want to take any chances.  Now, finally, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle, and I know longer give ******.  I've been reading about you guys with NJA for days on end, etc., etc., and I guess I ...

I Did It.....finally! Sm
Jul 05, 2011

I finally told MQ goodbye!  I finally got another contract job and they needed me to start pretty much immediately, so I quit without notice.  In a way I feel bad for resigning without a 2-week notice, but I figure MQ would not give me a 2-week notice if they were letting me go.  I wish all my MQ co-workers well and I hope you find happiness either with MQ or elsewhere.  God bless you all! ...

Finally!!
Jun 15, 2012

Never thought this day would get here, but I'm finally gone!! I feel such peace just to know that I won't have to stress anymore about everthing this industry has become: Horrible dictators, low pay, off-shoring, and VR. Bless everyone who is sticking it out until the very end. ...

I'm Finally Out!
Dec 01, 2012

Finally out.  I start a new job in-house on December 10 in a medical office.  Not MT, just answering some phones and setting up appointments.   And I get to wear scrubs.  I guess in the morning I'll be taking off one pair of pajamas and putting on another.  Don't lose hope friends.... ...

Finally, I Got A Better Job!
Dec 20, 2012

I can't tell you how happy I am.  I was literally dancing around the house.  DS thought I was out of my mind, and I kind of was.  I have been trying to get out from under this oppressive company for a long time now, and I finally have.  I wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'm happy to say I won't be posting here anymore.  I've moved on and I'm not looking back. Best of luck to everyone who is in the same position I was this time yesterday. &nb ...

Well I Finally Did It!
Jan 23, 2013

I finally went ahead and filed for partial U/E.  I know I'm not in as bad of a situation as many I read on this board but I just can't live like this anymore.  It's bad enough that our pay has been to sharply cut with VR but now when they don't give us any work to do it's worse.  It humiliated me at my age to have to do this for the first time in my life at 59 years of age but I did it.  ...

FINALLY OUT!!!
Feb 11, 2013

Friday is my last day transcribing at a company that is about to lay off 10-25 people!  Unforunately that company lost its biggest account, but fortunately my last 6 months of hard word has paid off and starting a new career alltogether with the local county!  I will continue to pray for you that you find work to be satisfied with and compensated accordingly.  I have typed for 15 years and it is hard to say goodbye considering it brought me through many hard times raising my two o ...

Finally Got Out Of MT
Jan 01, 2014

I just wanted really to say for those of you still hanging on, worried about work in the outside world, I finally got out about 3 months ago and I haven't been this happy in YEARS and to be exact in the last 12 years that I was an MT.  Working as an MT, I don't think I ever felt good enough, because I would be torn apart due to missing a comma or not being able to understand a term well enough to find it.  I was so stressed about money all of the time and even dreaded holiday ...

FINALLY G-O-N-E!
Apr 11, 2014

I HAVE FINALLY LEFT - WHAT A FEELING!  I AM ELATED TO GET OUT OF THIS PRISON. ...

Getting Out Of MT Finally! Sm
Aug 01, 2014

After 25 years I am getting out of this biz for good!!  I finally found other employment. May not be the best pay to start out with and some people would look it as an odd job for someone my age, but that is okay too!  I can't wait to start!!!! ...

Finally!
Sep 16, 2014

I have been (as some of you all have) trying to get out of this transcription "hell" for years!  I finally, finally landed another job!  It it outside of transcription.  Its with Verizon!  Finally!  I know no job is heaven, but at least I'll get a raise every year.....................and not have to wonder in agony what is going to happen today......................what are they going to take away from me today............will I be able to pay my bills, will there b ...

FINALLY!!!! A Job
Oct 10, 2014

I have been watching the boards for so many months. I was laid off almost a year ago and sent "oodles" upon "oodles" of resumes to every company I saw on this board, the other board, the job servers...You name it, I sent it.  I even did Craig's list. Some were kind enough to respond, some did not bother.  But I still plugged away.  My unemployment ran out in July and thank God we have been making do.  I answered an ad on Craig's list for something out of t ...

I Am Finally Out!! =)
Feb 20, 2015

I am finally no longer a medical transcriptionist!  No more stress!! No more crappy shifts, crappy dictators, crappy PMs!! No more accounts specs! No more anything!  I read on here all the time how people say you can do it! you can get out of the field and find something else but I never believed it!  Now I am!  I accepted a job with an answering service making good money, benefits, PTO, 401 my own hours and I can do it from home!  so ya it can be done people!! ...

Finally Got Out
Mar 25, 2015

After being laid off at an in house job when they went to point and click and spending 3 months looking outside MT for a job, I've landed a position as a medical records clerk.   ...

What To Do If Sick?
Mar 19, 2011

If you get sick, as in in the middle of your shift, like asthma flaring, feeling worse than when I started this morning and will be lucky if stay out of hospital, kind of sick, CCM off, who do I contact?  regional team lead? ...