A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We're on mandatory OT for, what, going on 6 weeks, - sm

Posted: Apr 24, 2015

and she has time to attend her kid's school function during the workday?  I have nothing against her, she seems very nice, but you know they'd flip out if we asked to take off for something like that, especially when we're backlogged.  When's the last time you were able to take off to attend something for your kid's school?  How much do these supers and schedulers make anyway?  It seems like a dream job.  AND HOW MANY WEEKS IN A ROW CAN THEY DEMAND MANDATORY OT?!  I can't take much more.  They're shorthanded and backlogged, so yeah, it's probably a great idea to torture those left until they leave too.  Screw up our schedules, hire new people without restoring our original schedules, then weeks and weeks of mandatory OT.  I'm at my final straw & mandatory OT next week will probably be it.  I used to stay because I liked my schedule, but that's turned into a nightmare now.

Mandatory OT is getting old... - ANNE

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear that. The mandatory OT is getting old. We had a short respite, and they even said today we could go back half an hour (in an email yesterday), but then this morning, when I got on half an hour before my shift, there was an email stating they need an hour now. IN the end, those 30 minutes aren't much, but 9 hours of sitting here is getting old.

Tired of it too - lovemydane

[ In Reply To ..]
I am physically and psychologically sick. I am very, very, extremely tired I can hardly stay awake for more than 2 hours at a time. I can't do anything with my family and friends anymore. My daughter begs me to play with her all the time and I can't because "mommy has to work OT." Nothing like seeing an angelic face fall when mom can't play.

6 months - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the same POD as you are and I don't look forward to another week of MOT. I told my husband I thought it would go on for another 2-3 weeks. I was on another account few years ago where we had 6 months of MOT.

to answer your question - I think they make

[ In Reply To ..]
At least 50 thousand plus bonus for TAT

Yes I love hearing about her time with her child - when she has taken an hour

[ In Reply To ..]
of time everyday away from me and my child that we could be spending together. Way to rub it in!!

If you are working at a job because you want to spend - time with your child

[ In Reply To ..]
don't complain about it. There are LOTS of us older woman with grown children who would be more than happy to take your ALL of your hours.

No there aren't - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not working my tail off for half pay, aka, ASR, which was never meant to work in the first place, so that this company and my boss can get their TAT bonuses..My kids are out, I can work pretty much all day every day, BUT I will not be a slave to this place..

Similar Messages:

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...

Almost 7 Weeks Since My Last Day And Still
Jul 22, 2014

How long does it take? ...

Is EMR Mandatory?
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps I should know the answer but I do not.  What is the deal with the move to EMR?  Is it government mandated?  I just picked up a good side job transcribing for a cardiology group in my community and it's projected to last only until they go to EMR..the move isn't happening too quickly...are there penalties if they don't move to EMR?  Who is driving this? ...

Mandatory
Oct 10, 2012

Anybody enjoying the mandatory overtime.  Yea funny how we are on mandatory overtime and then get an email that states that if you run out of work, you are required to email them and flex your time and can only make it up after 5 p.m.  So again, you are required to check for your work throughout the day and if there is no work, sorry for your luck and if you want to be "lucky" enough to be employed w/ Nuance, you will then have to sign in and work on your off shift to make up your hour ...

Mandatory PTO?
Dec 09, 2012

Email received said basically,,,time sheet must be approved, make sure you have the required amount of time or PTO will be added to make up missing and you will need to re-approve it..I dont want to take PTO, I didnt run out of work, THEY DID..I put in my remedy ticket release without pay..How do they get away with that? ...

Mandatory OT?
Dec 20, 2014

Anyone else at SS wondering since when is OT mandatory?  Threats of pulling PTO and flex time already scheduled if normal days off during the holidays aren't spent working OT?  ...

MM, If You Want Mandatory OT, Then
Mar 16, 2015

only way I'd even consider OT.  period. ...

Still Mandatory OT
Mar 18, 2015

One hour required again today.  Too many people off on leave I guess. ...

Mandatory OT Over For My POD!
Mar 22, 2015

Finally some sense. ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Help.. S/l EPO Cretin Every 2 Weeks
Jun 19, 2010

Dictator also says EPO therapy 40000 units every 2 weeks.  ...

8 Weeks Training To Become An MT (sm)
Jul 20, 2010

Why do these "schools" continue to advertise?  There is NO WAY someone can learn what we do in 8 weeks.  I am amazed at advertisements such as these!!! ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

Few Weeks' Time?
Oct 19, 2010

This always gets me, is this correct? or is it a few weeks time ...

10 And 0/7 Weeks' Gestational Age?
Oct 20, 2010

What is the proper format for this gestational term? 10-0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10 and 0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10-0/7 weeks gestational age...? Please and thank you! :) ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...

Do You Think It Is Necessary To Give 2 Weeks?
May 30, 2012

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks notice if I am ALWAYS out of work. For example I should be done with my 8 hour shift in an hour and I am not even half way through the day due to being out of work on my primary and ALL of my back ups. I just do not see the point in it. What do you guys think? Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!! :) ...

2 Weeks With MM, Don't Like Cornerstone...s/m
Jul 10, 2012

ready to quit.  How much notice should I give?  I have an offer to transcribe Radiology reports from a local MTSO. and though I'm nervous about Rad, I think it's the better choice.  Thanks! ...

Yay!!! I Got My Paycheck For 2 Weeks. $48.00.
Dec 28, 2012

Worked here for over 20 years.  Been MT of the month 3 times with pay raises only to be grandfathered in to lose my raises and have the same pay I started working for this company.  Then I slowly get no jobs available for the past 3 months.  For these last 2 weeks??  I get on all hours of the day and night and this is what my pay comes too??  How the he)) am I supposed to pay for cable to stay on and electric bill. GOTTA LOVE MMODAL!  ...

It Is 2 Weeks Until Christmas
Dec 11, 2013

They surely can't blame the lack of work on Christmas yet, can they? ...

Two Weeks Notice
Jan 09, 2015

I put in my two week's notice and am now locked out of the system..........its this an usual tactic for MTSO services?  My boss asked me why I was quiting and I told her the truth, I got a job outside of transcription.  What gives?! ...

Mandatory Meetings - DSG
Apr 22, 2010

How can a company order you to attend mandatory conference calls and mandatory HIPAA training and mandatory platform training sessions and not pay you for your time?  Every time they send an e-mail for something such as this, they refuse to pay, even for an hour of time.  They tell you these meetings and conference calls are a bonus for you, and that they are saving you money by you not having to pay for them someday (do I look like I just fell off of the turnip truck?).  They mus ...

Mandatory Training Without Pay - Really?
Jun 03, 2010

Just informed that I have to take MANDATORY HIPAA training without pay because I can take it "anytime on my OWN time!"  LOL!!!  The course is 45 minutes long!  It is not enough that we have to learn account specifics "on our own time", read the constant silly e-mails "on our own time", but now we have to do mandatory training "on our own time."  Oh, yeah - and we have to pass the class with a test at the end too!  I feel like I am in a volunteer job!   Hmmmm, I ...

Looks Like Mandatory CMT Credentials Soon.
Aug 02, 2010

Just like the post below stated, House of Delgates known as (HOD) from AHDI is wanting everyone to ensure patient safety and the integrity of patient records, all persons involved in creating, editing, organizing, or transmitting protected health information should be formally trained and hold credentials relevant to those duties.  To that end, AHDI should move forward with the support of its leadership in actively advocating for mandatory credentialing by whatever means that can be accompl ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...