A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It is 2 weeks until Christmas - Where is the Work?

Posted: Dec 11, 2013

They surely can't blame the lack of work on Christmas yet, can they? Wink

I'm swamped and getting overtime. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wish I could get added hours. - part-time

[ In Reply To ..]
The new law pretty much abolished that.

Dear Lord help us. It is apparently more advantagous for MM to pay overtime than chance paying extra hours for me.

One thing I have definitely seen over the years - a PT person will put in more added hours than a FT as it is so exhausting to edit MM ASR for 8 hours and then go for more hours. It certainly is a recipe for destroying your audit score.

Just wondering - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If only a select "few" are offered OT.
thats what i think - a select few
[ In Reply To ..]
Just the favorites... of which i sadly am not.
It goes according to your group, not select MTs - group lucky or not
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes there are parts of the country drenched in work, while others are dry.
That is not how it works. Offered to anyone in that - BOB that is busy. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Lucky you - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't remember the last time I was offered OT. Would take if if it comes my way.

No, but they can blame it on it being Wednesday - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL ~ they can always come up with a reason on why work is low!

Similar Messages:

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

My Christmas Wish
Dec 16, 2009

I am actively looking for another job and my Christmas wish is the day I get to say                 MQ take this sorry excuse for a job and shove it                                    I QUIT ...

Christmas
Dec 21, 2009

All of these people on here complaining about whether or not they are getting a Christmas bonus need to get a grip!  I would be extremely happy if the company I work for (or did at least until Friday when I quit) would just send my freaking paycheck!  Sorry, you guys, this has really put a damper on my Christmas spirit because I have done the job, worked my fingers to the bone and now can't get paid for it. ...

Did Anyone Ask For Christmas Off Yet?
Nov 29, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone requested Christmas off yet? I tried to request it the other day and it wouldn't let me??? It kind of has me worried. ...

All I Want For Christmas . . .
Dec 18, 2014

Please let me go back to accounts I am familiar  with.  I can't get any lines with this junk.  Or, maybe that is the reasoning. ...

Did QC Get Off For Christmas?
Dec 29, 2014

I noticed that none of the jobs I submitted to last week are in FIESA yet.  Did QC get off last week?  I thought they followed the same OOW procedures the MLS do (if there's work and you are scheduled, you work, if there isn't any work, you flex or don't work). ...

Merry Christmas Everyone!! :)
Dec 21, 2009

have a great one!! Abby ...

My Christmas Gift
Dec 22, 2009

First, I hope those of you who need to hear this will.  I am not by any means saying what I am to hurt anyones feelings, to be mean, to start a ruckus, as a means of causing some to say hateful things, or to seem "better than."  This, however, is something that those of you looking for work and unable to find a position, need to hear. I recently had an opening for a transcriptionist for my very small buisness and recieved many, many resumes.  Some were wonderful and I wish I coul ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

In The Spirit Of Christmas
Dec 16, 2010

In the spirit of Christmas, I just want to post something positive here. I have had an up and down rollercoaster year with the Q (as usual), but still in spite of it all (worry, frustration, financial woes over pay cuts, and even tears at times), I truly feel grateful that I am employed and have a job in these terrible times when so many are without.  It is far from a perfect job, but it is a job nonetheless.  I hope that everyone has an even better year in 2011 & a ...

Christmas Gift From MQ?
Dec 23, 2010

I started in July and was wondering if they ever give us anything at Christmas.  Are you all laughing now? ...

Here's Your Christmas Carol, MT's
Dec 03, 2011

To the tune of 7 days of Christmas:   On the first day of Christmas my employer gave to me a glimpse of our future, MT’s.   Continue...On the second day of Christmas my employer gave to me, no holidays... and so on.... No incentive pay, No overtime, 80 percent VR...No raise in the future, Awful clumsy platform, No communication, No QA feedback, No tech support, Flexing is encouraged, Keep up your production!    Wanna know where I work, or do you work ther ...

Christmas At Webmedx
Dec 17, 2011

Does anyone know if Christmas is actually on Sunday at Webmedx this year (last year it was on Friday instead of Saturday so the office staff could get the holiday time off)? Will we be paid our holiday time for Christmas or does the 25% differential go into effect before then? My mind is confused with all of these different dates and not really having anything in writing to go by. ...

No Christmas Bonus
Dec 20, 2011

It amazes me that we are getting no bonus gift card or anything for Christmas this year. We are owned by a "global corporation."  My son works for a large established country club golf course part-time, has been with them for 2 years and got a $100.00 bonus. ...

Mq Christmas Gift
Dec 21, 2011

Do any of you fellow MT's remember the Christmas gifts we used to get here at MQ?  Who can forget the lovely mouse pad, worth probably 5 cents.  Oh, but wait . . . don't forget the chapstick . . . what was it, on a chain, I believe?  How would they EVER be able to top THAT?  Guess that's why we won't be getting anything this year.  Too hard to come up with something bigger and better than THAT!  LOL  How I miss the days when this was&nb ...

Christmas Givt
Dec 21, 2012

Did anyone receive a Christmas gift from Transcend/Nuance this year. ...

No Christmas Card
Dec 23, 2012

I just realized this is the first year with no Christmas card or gift card from our employer since Nuance took over.  After all these changes, I would think we deserved something other than a decrease in pay. ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Dec 25, 2012

My Christmas wish for all of us is that we find great companies to work for and definitely make more money. (I believe in the tooth fairy and Easter bunny too!). Happy and healthy holidays to everyone. ...

Christmas In October!!!
Sep 11, 2013

Don't they usually wait until right before the holidays to give us our annual pay cut?  I guess they felt we deserved it early this year. ...

Merry Christmas To ME!
Dec 21, 2013

Bwahahaha! I am finally rid of this craphole! Quit right in the middle of my shift 2 nights ago, and I have to tell you.....I feel fabulous. Got the call from my supervisor today saying she would hold off putting my paperwork in on the chance that it was a split second decision and I'm rethinking it now plus the good old "no notice, no rehire" diddy they throw out.  My response: No offense to you in what I say, because you have been a really good supervisor.  It may have been a ...

No Mention Of Christmas
Dec 23, 2013

How cheap can a company be to not send their employees even a Christmas card or a FREE e-mail card for Christmas.  This company is so heartless!!! ...

Merry Christmas -- NJA
Dec 24, 2013

Scheduled to work today and NJA.  No surprise as it happens every year.  Hoping some work trickles in today.  I don't want to sit here all day as well as all you other MT/ME's.  I have tomorrow off and then back on Thursday and Friday with probably no work either.  This paycheck is going to hurt.  Hoping for a sock full of money from Santa.  Ha. Ha.  Hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy your time with your family/famili ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...