A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This newest decrease in pay reinforces my decision - mt

Posted: Mar 02, 2010

to quit.  I gave my notice last week.  CCM called and talked me into staying.  I said I would try it out a couple of more weeks.  The next day I got 2 ASR reports, one a 9 minute report with over 200 corrections and a 4 minute report with 56 corrections.  I was so ticked off that I just logged off on Friday and haven't logged back in since.  I haven't checked my e-mail, so I don't know if I have been fired yet.  This newest screwing makes me even happier about my decision. 

Amen to that! Wish I could quit right now! nm - OHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Wmx Newest
Apr 29, 2011

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about layoffs again with the loss of this last big account.  We will thin the herds out for them.  Such a cleaver move on their part. I was hoping to stay here until retirement but....  Medquist is even beginning to look good.  At least they don't try and flatter you as they stick it to you. The rewards for doing a REMARKABLE job are just endless, aren't they? ...

Newest BS--QC Grid
May 27, 2015

An email was sent to QC stating that even though we are pretty much just doing a second pass editing job now and on production only, it was stated they still expect us to send feedback to MLS.  So instead of using Fiesa for its intended purpose we are suppose to go back to sending feedback emails.  First of all, from reading posts on here it has been stated by many that QC error feedback doesn't count for anything with regards to pay, etc., so why waste time looking at it.  S ...

Here's ASR's Newest Take On PFO.. Patent Four Men Whiley
Mar 08, 2012

x ...

Re: The Newest Job Posting; No Contact Info, Sm
Sep 25, 2013

and when I tracked the company down and sent in a resume/cover letter, I was told by HR by e-mail that they are not looking for an MT right now, they are fully staffed.  Wazzup with that???????? ...

WebmedX'ers, Is The Newest Survey About Best In Healthcare Mandatory?
Aug 02, 2010

nm ...

Decrease In Pay!!!!
Feb 28, 2010

Has anyone received a raise lately from MedQuist? I've been working for Medquist for 9 years. I was roped into becoming a medical editor 4 years ago with the promise of making more money because I wouldn't be typing. They told me that I would be 80% of my base MT pay....then 1 year later they decreased it to 70% of base pay and then now 60% of my base pay. When I complained about this to my supervisor, she said that she was told that Medquist was going to somehow update the software wi ...

Rate Decrease
Nov 24, 2009

During this transition time I was trying to decide between IC status and employee status.  I was doing this because I thought that being an IC would save my 1/2 cpl decrease that you get with employee status.  However, in my packet, my rate is now 9 cpl, down the 1/2 cpl as mentioned, but the choices were still FT, PT or IC.  That makes me wonder if we all got cut down to 9 cpl and even if I would have decided to go with IC status, my rate would still have been cut.  Did any ...

Decrease In MT Salaries.
Sep 24, 2012

Husband just called, was listening to Dave Ramsey - A man called the show and stated his wife's income had decreased by $900/month.  Ramsey was astounded and asked why?  Man explained that his wife was a medical transcriptionist.  It's now been on national radio, not a secret anymore. ...

Any Folks From MDI Get Notified Of Pay Decrease?
Oct 16, 2009

Has anyone been notified that they are not producing enough so their cpl is being cut?  Have you been reduced/demoted to prn?  Is the reason you have not produced enough because there is seldom work available?  I see trouble ahead.  ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

Recommend Continuted Use Of Zan Acid To Decrease Heartburn.
Jan 10, 2011

? ...

Antibiotic To Decrease The *colony Counter* Ulcers In Her Foot ...sm
Apr 26, 2011

I would add an antibiotic to decrease the *colony counter* ulcers in her foot and try to speed up the healing with doxycycline. ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

Bad Decision....now What????
Nov 23, 2010

I made a poor decision in not researching medical transcription schools fully before starting and went through At-Home Professions, not very smart. I have now completed the course and have come to the conclusion that I am not as prepared as I thought I was to enter this field. I enjoyed what I did learn but am becoming very discouraged with the fact that I wasn't prepared to enter the job market. My dilema is I don't have the funds to take courses some where else as I already wasted mo ...

Decision Day
Dec 16, 2010

Well, the day has come where I need to decide whether or not to let MQ go.  I took a second MT job in September because I no longer want to work evenings (all that is available to me with the Q) and I can't keep up with both of them.  Problem is, I make more with MQ, believe it or not, although with time I am sure I will catch up in the other one. I think I am worried about putting all my eggs in one basket . . . . ...

Big Decision
Feb 10, 2015

How does flex work with Nuance?  If I know I need to type at least 1500 a day but I only get 1000, do they let you work over so I could possibly get 500 lines for that day?  They told us they had plenty of work but not quite so sure about that.   ...

Please Help Me Make A Decision
Mar 04, 2011

Landmark or Archivus?  (I already know what the archives say.   Am seeking information on what is going on with these companies currently.)  Which would you choose, and why?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. ...

I Can't Make A Decision
Apr 25, 2014

I know I want an RHIA eventually. But I don't know if I want to go straight for an RHIA or get a RHIT then an RHIA. With the RHIT, I'd be able to look for work in two years (or maybe less that that since I have some college credits). It may be as an ROI or medical records, but it would still be a job where I'd be making money, gaining experience, making connections, and getting my foot in the door at a hospital/clinic/doctor's office, etc. I just don't know what do do. ...

Business Decision
Jun 26, 2015

Okay, please don't yell, I know this has been brought up before, but I can't think of how to word it to find in the archives.  Scenario: You want to do it right, resign with 2 weeks' notice, leave all doors open, etc., but you have been offered a position that you need to accept immediately or lose the chance.  Some people think, just grab the new opportunity, it's just business, you know your current company can terminate you at will in one second, so don't th ...

To Webmedx Decision Makers
May 31, 2011

I don't have an MBA from Harvard, but it is just common sense to me that you don't continually punish employees with lower pay when they are the ones who are generating the money that pays your salary!  Plus, our work is PRODUCTION oriented.  A happy production employee is a high producer!  Doesn't that make sense to anybody but me?  What is the matter with you people?  My motivation is gone.  I have complete apathy towards my job ...

Medical Decision Making
Jan 16, 2012

Subheading: MEDICAL DECISION MAKING OR MEDICAL DECISION-MAKING. Please help! ...

Had To Make A Decision Today (sm)
Apr 18, 2012

Had to decide today between Nuance and Accentus.  After reading through recent and older archived posts on this thread, I took a leap of faith, followed my intuition, and went with Accentus. Now I am sitting here crossing my fingers that following my intuition was the way to go.  Something about the recent posts about the ambiguity of the incentive plan coupled with that 99% QA score really skeeved me out.  It's ironic, because every place where I've worked, QA was 98 ...

When I Have Doubts About My Decision To Leave,
Apr 28, 2015

I just come to this site and all doubts fade away.  As long as you continue to work for this company you will be miserable.  Moaning and complaining never fixed anything.  They don't appreciate you and never will.  They don't care about their clients, just the bottom line.  You are a number making money for them.  You can make the change, it just takes courage.  Good Luck.  I am wishing better things for all of you.  (Start by sending letter ...

Decision To Go Back To School For Nursing?
Mar 02, 2010

Has anyone made the decision to go back to school for nursing?  I am 45 years old and am seriously considering going to school this fall.  I would be starting from scratch as I have no college education.  I am debating on whether to pursue an associates (RN) or bachelors degree (BSN).  I am wondering if anyone else near my age is doing this and how are they faring.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

I Have Made An Excellent Decision For My Own Sanity...sm
Jul 27, 2013

I have thought about it, did some financial figuring for paying my bills, and researched different schools in my area that offer practcal nursing classes WITH the option to advance to R.N. once working and.... I AM QUITTING within the next 6-7 months.  I HATE HATE HATE NUANCE and everything it stands for, and I am tired of being kicked around and stolen from. There have been SO many MLS quit from just my team, and I can promise you I am going to be the next one to go AS SOON AS HUMANLY POS ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

I Am Ecstatic. Made The Decision Today I'm Out Of Here Tomorrow.
Aug 27, 2013

just plain tired of being treated like crap and expected to work for pennies.  Good riddance Nuance.   Just like you gave me no notice in cutting my pay, you get no notice from me.   I've spoken with several other of my team mates and they will be following.  More work for the Indians.  Soon their cup should be running over.    ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

You've Offically Pushed Me Into The Decision To Go Back To School, Nuance.
Dec 14, 2012

The latest pay cut was my final straw.  I'm starting my first classes in February for a new career in a field that has nothing to do with healthcare and working every single weekend and holiday for the rest of my life while watching my pay go down instead of up with the more experience I gain.  Thank you for destrying what I considered a career and turning into something I loathe getting out of bed and having to do. ...