A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When I have doubts about my decision to leave, - HappyAtLast

Posted: Apr 28, 2015

I just come to this site and all doubts fade away.  As long as you continue to work for this company you will be miserable.  Moaning and complaining never fixed anything.  They don't appreciate you and never will.  They don't care about their clients, just the bottom line.  You are a number making money for them.  You can make the change, it just takes courage.  Good Luck.  I am wishing better things for all of you.  (Start by sending letters to their client's HIM Department.  It works).

I never have doubts about leaving! It was the best day of my "work" life! I agree sm - escaped

[ In Reply To ..]
with everything you said. The abuse that MM MTs are going through is over and beyond anything anyone should put up with at work. The more you do, the more they want, and the less they want to pay you. If you cannot get out for whatever reason, at least stand up and don't take the abuse without a fight.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

Bad Decision....now What????
Nov 23, 2010

I made a poor decision in not researching medical transcription schools fully before starting and went through At-Home Professions, not very smart. I have now completed the course and have come to the conclusion that I am not as prepared as I thought I was to enter this field. I enjoyed what I did learn but am becoming very discouraged with the fact that I wasn't prepared to enter the job market. My dilema is I don't have the funds to take courses some where else as I already wasted mo ...

Decision Day
Dec 16, 2010

Well, the day has come where I need to decide whether or not to let MQ go.  I took a second MT job in September because I no longer want to work evenings (all that is available to me with the Q) and I can't keep up with both of them.  Problem is, I make more with MQ, believe it or not, although with time I am sure I will catch up in the other one. I think I am worried about putting all my eggs in one basket . . . . ...

Big Decision
Feb 10, 2015

How does flex work with Nuance?  If I know I need to type at least 1500 a day but I only get 1000, do they let you work over so I could possibly get 500 lines for that day?  They told us they had plenty of work but not quite so sure about that.   ...

Please Help Me Make A Decision
Mar 04, 2011

Landmark or Archivus?  (I already know what the archives say.   Am seeking information on what is going on with these companies currently.)  Which would you choose, and why?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. ...

I Can't Make A Decision
Apr 25, 2014

I know I want an RHIA eventually. But I don't know if I want to go straight for an RHIA or get a RHIT then an RHIA. With the RHIT, I'd be able to look for work in two years (or maybe less that that since I have some college credits). It may be as an ROI or medical records, but it would still be a job where I'd be making money, gaining experience, making connections, and getting my foot in the door at a hospital/clinic/doctor's office, etc. I just don't know what do do. ...

Business Decision
Jun 26, 2015

Okay, please don't yell, I know this has been brought up before, but I can't think of how to word it to find in the archives.  Scenario: You want to do it right, resign with 2 weeks' notice, leave all doors open, etc., but you have been offered a position that you need to accept immediately or lose the chance.  Some people think, just grab the new opportunity, it's just business, you know your current company can terminate you at will in one second, so don't th ...

To Webmedx Decision Makers
May 31, 2011

I don't have an MBA from Harvard, but it is just common sense to me that you don't continually punish employees with lower pay when they are the ones who are generating the money that pays your salary!  Plus, our work is PRODUCTION oriented.  A happy production employee is a high producer!  Doesn't that make sense to anybody but me?  What is the matter with you people?  My motivation is gone.  I have complete apathy towards my job ...

Medical Decision Making
Jan 16, 2012

Subheading: MEDICAL DECISION MAKING OR MEDICAL DECISION-MAKING. Please help! ...

Had To Make A Decision Today (sm)
Apr 18, 2012

Had to decide today between Nuance and Accentus.  After reading through recent and older archived posts on this thread, I took a leap of faith, followed my intuition, and went with Accentus. Now I am sitting here crossing my fingers that following my intuition was the way to go.  Something about the recent posts about the ambiguity of the incentive plan coupled with that 99% QA score really skeeved me out.  It's ironic, because every place where I've worked, QA was 98 ...

Decision To Go Back To School For Nursing?
Mar 02, 2010

Has anyone made the decision to go back to school for nursing?  I am 45 years old and am seriously considering going to school this fall.  I would be starting from scratch as I have no college education.  I am debating on whether to pursue an associates (RN) or bachelors degree (BSN).  I am wondering if anyone else near my age is doing this and how are they faring.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

This Newest Decrease In Pay Reinforces My Decision
Mar 02, 2010

to quit.  I gave my notice last week.  CCM called and talked me into staying.  I said I would try it out a couple of more weeks.  The next day I got 2 ASR reports, one a 9 minute report with over 200 corrections and a 4 minute report with 56 corrections.  I was so ticked off that I just logged off on Friday and haven't logged back in since.  I haven't checked my e-mail, so I don't know if I have been fired yet.  This newest screwing makes me ...

I Have Made An Excellent Decision For My Own Sanity...sm
Jul 27, 2013

I have thought about it, did some financial figuring for paying my bills, and researched different schools in my area that offer practcal nursing classes WITH the option to advance to R.N. once working and.... I AM QUITTING within the next 6-7 months.  I HATE HATE HATE NUANCE and everything it stands for, and I am tired of being kicked around and stolen from. There have been SO many MLS quit from just my team, and I can promise you I am going to be the next one to go AS SOON AS HUMANLY POS ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

I Am Ecstatic. Made The Decision Today I'm Out Of Here Tomorrow.
Aug 27, 2013

just plain tired of being treated like crap and expected to work for pennies.  Good riddance Nuance.   Just like you gave me no notice in cutting my pay, you get no notice from me.   I've spoken with several other of my team mates and they will be following.  More work for the Indians.  Soon their cup should be running over.    ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

You've Offically Pushed Me Into The Decision To Go Back To School, Nuance.
Dec 14, 2012

The latest pay cut was my final straw.  I'm starting my first classes in February for a new career in a field that has nothing to do with healthcare and working every single weekend and holiday for the rest of my life while watching my pay go down instead of up with the more experience I gain.  Thank you for destrying what I considered a career and turning into something I loathe getting out of bed and having to do. ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Why Would I Want To Leave MQ
Mar 21, 2010

In case any of the higher ups read this--here is the reason why I (and so many others like me) are leaving (I really think they don't see the big picture: 1.  Been with the company over 10 years, working more hours and making much less than the first day I joined the company.  No raise in over 8 years and 2 pay cuts. When you work at a job, you are supposed to make more money not less--we are going in the WRONG direction. 2.  No federal income tax taken out of my pay this y ...

Want To Leave MT
Oct 22, 2010

Hello, I am seriously considering leaving the field.  I have worked too hard all my life to subject myself to one more drop in pay.  Sometimes, we just have to make a stand and I think my time has come!  Luckily, my husband has a good job and I can afford to take some time off to take a class or two or start over in another field.  My question is what direction to go?  What field would make for the smoothest transition?  My friend who is also thinking of ...

When To Leave Your Job??
Dec 10, 2010

I like my job and the people I work for, but I just cannot seem to make enough money. I have worked for 2+ years as an MT and get 8 cents a line. My accounts frequently have new difficult ESL docs, so there is a major learning curve practically every day which of course brings down my line counts. The company I work for is regularly bashed on the boards here, but since pretty much every major MTSO is as well, I'm wondering if it's any better anywhere else. What have been other peo ...

Did Everyone Leave Their Job Sm
May 05, 2011

I am wondering if anyone quit the company they worked for, took time off and found another transcription job after a hiatus.  I am thinking about quitting the company I work for because there is no work.  I know the account managers have favorites and can control who they give the work to.  I heard this from an inside source.  Anyway I am finding it too depressing to sit here for very little work. If I quit do you think it will be any harder to find work in maybe a month. I a ...

Trying To Leave MT. Sm
Jun 19, 2014

Help with two underlined sentences below. Purpose and Scope:  The incumbent is responsible for data entry, record assembly/analysis for all in-patient and out-patient records deficiencies in Hospital system.  Notifications to physicians of the need for record completion. He/she may provide back up for the Record Completion Section and transcription process function.  I.          Position Requirements:      &n ...

Leave Of Absence
Jan 29, 2010

I'm at my wits end and so stressed out with all this NJA crud, struggling to pay bills, never knowing how much money I'll make from check to check, and wondering how long I'll even have a job.  I've decided to take a personal LOA to try to pull it together and destress.  I sent my CCM an email about doing it and why a couple of weeks ago. I've already put in for it at Hartford and they too sent CCM an email about it.  However, CCM has never gotten back to me yet a ...

Will EHR Leave MTs Jobless?
Mar 03, 2010

I just had a chance to see the NextGen EHR demo videos.  The incentives for using EHR from the insurances companies are huge.  It amounts to $3,000 per doctor per month. The doctor won't be able to fiddle with the computer to create EHR.  Even with the current dictation types, the doctor would make some sort of a note or something to remember the main paints to dictate.  This note is sufficient for the assistants to create EHRs.  Probably an assistant will be able ...

Wake Up: They Want You To Leave. Don't You Get It?
Jul 30, 2010

Why is it that MQ is still advertising on mtjobs that they have openings, yet the MTs already working for MQ have NO work?  Also, a friend of mine applied for clinic transcription there recently, and they put her through 2 interviews, only to tell her that they had no clinic openings.  I have heard that they are transitioning accounts to India as fast as they can (probably trying to catch up to that requirement that 80% of the work has to go to CBay/India).  So why are they still ...

When Is It Time To Leave
Sep 16, 2010

I work for a company whom I don't know anymore.  Like most I'm sure.  it was a good company at one time, but now I'm waiting for pay from July, August, and of course up to now in Sept.  I have had two pay cuts in the last six months.  People say go do something else.  I have been an MT for over 25 years and am now in my fifties. Not so easy to attempt to find something else in this economy and being single w/o another pay check coming in does not help.&nbs ...

How Much $ Would It Take For You To Leave MTing?
Oct 12, 2010

I love my job, I do well at it.  I am $45,000 give or take a couple thousand every year.  I am losing my account to VR, and I will have to switch accounts.  I will not be able to make as much on the new accounts, probably a 25% pay cut.  I have a job interview this afternoon for a job in a doctor's office doing routine front desk duties.  I don't know how much it pays.  What if they ask me how much I am looking for?  I don't know what to say.&nb ...

Maternity Leave?
Feb 16, 2011

It's pretty bad that I get a response on here faster than I would if I talked to my supervisor or human resources!  Anyways, I am only about 4 months pregnant but I can't help but wonder what kind of benefits there might be.  I mean they can't really think that I can sit upright and type right after I have the baby.  I don't think I would have enough PTO to cover it.  It looks like this time they are thinking C-section so the whole sitting up for hours wil ...