A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This new software is going to KILL whatever is left - of our production potential

Posted: Dec 02, 2011

We're going to be "training" on this new software at a time we are all each fighting, kicking, clawing and biting to make ends meet with this company.  They will stop at *nothing* to force us all into the food stamp and welfare line. 

Just watch - I'll bet my next minimum-wage paycheck they are going to tell us how much more productive we will be and how much more money we will earn with the new software - same speech recycled from the VR switch. 

What new software? Oh great NOW what....... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
ANY change is a BAD change with this company.....Can't freakin wait

New software - is coming our way

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, you haven't heard? All of us at Medquist will be training on brand new software by the end of this month.

Seen it many times before. - WiseOldOwl

[ In Reply To ..]
Well you didn't state which company and which program, but it's not necessary.

This is the same template I have seen many times. And yes, they will sell it to you like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It will be great FOR THEM because it will cut your pay as you said and/or eliminate some jobs altogether.

Here's the email I got about it - the hard sell has - already begun

[ In Reply To ..]
To all DEP MTs/MMEs/QCs:

We are pleased to share that our next version of DocQscribe, version 7, is almost here. The DocQscribe 7 version is planned for release to all MedQuist DocQscribe users between the weeks of December 11th - December 18th, 2011.

Some of the new features to look forward to include:

â—¦Compatibility with Windows 7 64-bit systems - This will be a welcome benefit for those MTs that are using their own PCs with Windows 7

â—¦Client Profile Instructions "panel" now available from within DocQscribe - no need to toggle to the DocQmanage window

â—¦Standards "panel" with preview of the Standard text - no more extra steps needed to verify the correct Standard is being pulled in

â—¦More intuitive "look and feel" while retaining familiar key commands to minimize the learning curve

A notification will follow next week with information on how to access the training materials, DQS 7 install instructions as well as information on technical support guidelines.

The transition to DocQscribe 7 will be rolled out by CCM Book of Business between the weeks of December 11th - December 18th, 2011, so your CCM will notify you when it is time to start using DocQscribe 7.

I swear I saw this one time on a report - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if they were testing it or what, but I pulled up a report one time that had a panel on the left side full of all kinds of unnecessary confusing garbage... God I hope that's not what it's going to be...

DQS has this. Panel is list of preferred heading the client - wants used. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Boy you've got that right... - deepwoodsMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm lucky...and I mean lucky if I take home 500 a week and believe me that is rare. It is so depressing.....

"Tis the season - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How else would we know it was Christmas if they didn't do something bad to us? Just add this latest atrocity to shopping, wrapping, cooking, decorating, etc.

I don't see anything about "new software," just - JMO

[ In Reply To ..]
DocQscribe updated with a few new features. You make it sound like a new platform or something. This will be just like other DocQscribe upgrades with a few new features I am sure will not take long to learn and get used to. Waste of energy to get all stressed out over something you do not even know is going to affect your production/pay other than maybe a day to learn and get familiar with the new features, much like the last upgrade.

If I am wrong, so be it, but I am at least waiting for the upgrade before panicking.

What wrong with this update? - Not as big as 6.1

[ In Reply To ..]
The CP and standard panel are awesome. The MME/QAs have something very similar (if not the same as I haven't seen it yet) features to more quickly access the CP and to verify if standards are used correctly. Much faster than going to the DQM website or pulling in the standard for ASR and moving all the text around.

Windows 7 64 compatibility is a plus. The only thing questionable is the "more intuitive look and feel."

These are minimal compared to the 6.1 changes. Unless all who are complaining are on a different platform, I don't see what's the big deal.

Sorry this was supposed to be a reply to the OP. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

You all must be new - Docuscribe has been around for years

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just an update from 6.1 to 7. ALL software is updated. If it isn't, it gets passed up by something better. We'd all be stuck with DOS or Windows 3.1 if software didn't update. If you were part of the bunch that were bought out by the Q, then it makes sense that you train on the platform the Q uses. It really isn't as bad as you think. In fact, I believe Docqscribe is the only thing the Q has gotten right, well mostly right anyway.

exactly - love docqscribe

[ In Reply To ..]
It freaked me out like no mans business when I had to learn it back in 2006. Now, I LOVE IT. I would have left a million times over were it not for this program.

Where haave you been? Talking about the switch to - M Modal, not Docuscribe nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

all right then tell us what about M Modal - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's a better speech recognition engine, how can that be bad? I'm just asking - what am I supposed to be worried about now?
Lots of posts last couple of days, Scroll down or better yet - use MTStars search function for M Modal. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
oh, sorry I've been away sm - missindale
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'll tell ya, if I get to the point where I'm making less than I am now (ie slave wages), I'll just find another job. There are other places to work.

New software - SillySue

[ In Reply To ..]
How true. It will make it easier for somebody, but it won't be the transcribers. I just found out my CCM has never been a medical transcriber. How do you manage transcribers if you have never been a transcriber.

I think we have the same one - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you and I have the same CCM. Never typed a word a day in her life.

software - anom

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought Medquist just bought M-Modal from Webmedx???

From what I gather - ASR will now be M-Modal

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe the MQ ASR was developed by Phillips when they used to own MQ. Now it seems the Q is ditching ASR for a different speech wreck, M-Modal, which from other accounts is just as bad as ASR, if not worse.

DQS 7 will now have M-Modal integration instead of ASR integration. We'll see how this goes.

It's another way of slowing us down - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just the latest way that we can expect to have our pay slashed again. I've talked to people from other companies who use M*Modal and they say there isn't a snowball chance in hell of anyone ever making any money with it. It's GEARED to slow us down even further.

Any more cuts in pay from Medquist and I'll be homeless.
M*Modal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at Webmedx when they started with M*Modal. It is not a bad speech wreck program, as they go. Sometimes it does pretty well, but it did not seem to learn that fast (despite their claims) and I was making the same corrections months later. It was definitely better than what they were using before switching. M*Modal was its own company, and sold their speech wreck to many different companies. At Wmx, we were given huge spreadsheets to look at every pay period which detailed pause rates (amount of time your foot is off the pedal), use of highlighter, use of the keys they were pushing you to use, whether or not you used the Ctrl + arrow to navigate (a big no-no to them), if you used all keyboard shortcuts or if you used the mouse (another big no-no). Some received warnings about their pause rates being too high. I quit Wmx and am working for another company now that also uses M*Modal. Now, this company does NOT track any of the above things, so I think this is a feature that companies can choose to use if they want. Hopefully Medquist will not nitpick you to death over these things like we were at Wmx. Best wishes to all of you! Anytime you change platforms, it WILL slow you down, even if it is a better platform, until you get used to it. I have another job lined up at a hospital and out of transcription, I have had enough!
For ASR, I use ctrl + arrow all the time - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Since every other word needs to be fixed, I find it much more efficient. And the yellow highlighter is just annoying.

The problem with the developers/CEOs of these speech wreck programs is that they think they are sooo much better than they truly are. They need to start using these programs themselves in the real world and see how inadequate they can be.
asr/ctrl + arrow - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree about using the Ctrl + arrow, and they really bugged us that we were not being "efficient" and we needed to learn to use the highlighter. I DO have to say that on the occassional few I get that don't have more than 1 or 2 edits/line, the highlighter function is helpful. The problem is that usually there are at least 3 to 4 edits/line. These developers/CEOs have never tried to do what they are asking us to do!
what is this highlighter function - you mentioned
[ In Reply To ..]
I use Ctrl and arrow to move from word to word because they dont want us using our mouse. How else do you move around?
ctrl M and ctrl-shift M - to jump around
[ In Reply To ..]
I use this only for jumping large distances or to find where the voice is in the report, but not to correct every other word.
highlighter in M*Modal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The highlighter highlights the word that is being spoken in ISR, and you can have it run without your cursor being attached to it, or with the cursor attached. After a lot of practice, I have it attached, and with my right hand over the arrow button. As soon as I need to make a correction, I hit the arrow, which detaches the cursor, I make my edit, then use a key combination to attach the voice to where my cursor is. Once you get used to it, this IS faster and more efficient, UNLESS you have a LOT of edits, which of course happens pretty frequently! On the reports where there is 1 edit/line average, I have gotten up to 450-500 LPH with this method, so I DO like it, but it is useless when a lot of edits are needed.
to For ASR, I use ctrl + arrow - sm - wishin&hopin
[ In Reply To ..]
DOUBLE SECOND THAT -- that's been the whole problem with this company all along. People create these programs or whatever else they throw at us and think they've done something great and dont' even have a clue how it affects the transcriptionist, as the majority of them have never been a transcriptionist,and they don't care because they're not on production - either salary or hourly. If they were to be put on production and walk in our shoes, hopefully (but not counting on it as $$$ comes into to play as usual) then maybe they would go "oops, didn't realize the sna-fu."

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Okay I Now Know They Are Trying To Fast Kill Me.
Apr 22, 2010

So much for the slow death, we have now been given an account because of loss of work in my account I have had for 20 years.  Given an account that is total ESL residents and PAs.  No following style of dictation.  Absolutely NOT to be found or understood who they are, much less dictating on patients not even entered correctly by their MRN.   I have not had to send anything to QA but now it is to this.  They want me to fail.  So, guess what I will continue to w ...

Nothing Like ASR And The Crummy Pay To Kill The Spirit And Motivation.
Jan 28, 2010

I feel like quitting! ...

Another Lovely SR He Drinks To Kill Occasionally.
Jul 20, 2012

Should be: He drinks Tequila occasionally. ...

Lithotripisy Question: 2.3 S/l "kill-a-gels" Was Administered By The Holmium Laser.
Dec 22, 2010

x ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...

Need A Software
Sep 17, 2010

Hi!   I need a software for conversion of PC-Dart files to wav.can any one help me plz? ...

Which Software To Use?
Jul 25, 2011

What other programs besides Start/Stop and Express Scribe are out there. For various reasons, I am unable to use either of these programs and need to find something else... but whenever I google "transcription software" all I ever get is hits for those two... I know there must be other software out there. Please help! ...

Best FTP Software?
Oct 06, 2011

Just wondering what is the best FTP software? Possible job opportunity but they want me to have an FTP in place. TIA ...

What Software Is A Must For An MT?
Oct 02, 2012

I have been working as an MT out of the house for a while and am now coming back home to work.  Since I now have to supply my own research resources, etc., can someone tell me what I need to help me with medical terms, spellcheck, ASR short-cuts, etc.   Thanks! ...

Tax Software
Apr 03, 2014

Can anyone recommend a good tax program so I can do my own taxes as an IC? Need one that will figure profit/loss or schedule C I think it is and also home office deduction.  It is getting too expensive to have taxes done and would like to start doing them myself but not sure how complicated it is.  Any suggestions? ...

Software
Nov 18, 2014

What is the best free downloadable transcription software? Or is it all bad? Dictaphone I think won't work, because I don't have a phone line. I need something I can put on a laptop and travel if I have to. ...

Looking For Particular Software
Apr 26, 2015

Does anyone know what foot pedal software has a lightning bolt as its logo/desktop icon?  Any help would be appreciated!  TY! ...

Loading New Software
Jan 14, 2010

Does anybody know if I can download Word Perfect 10 on a Medquist Computer? I would like to compose letters, etc. but do not want to ask support. Thank you. ...

Scary Software
Feb 17, 2010

During my first visit with a new doctor yesterday, I wondered why I was not presented with the usual "book of history" to fill out beforehand.  As the nurse was asking questions, she was busy clicking on pull-down menus, etc.   On her computer screen was software called SOAPware, and there, formatted into SOAP format and all, I saw my replacement.  Later, in the exam room, the FNP was using the software as well as we went along, after exam, labs, etc.  I made a comment ...

MP Count Software?
Mar 17, 2010

I'm currently working as a new IC for a co. that just asked me to invoice them using MP Count software.  They had an .exe application for it on their ftp server, but of course when I transferred it to my computer and tried to load it, it didn't work.  Now when I go to mp word's website, I see that they charge for the software, and there doesn't seem to be any software that ONLY functions as line counting software. Any experience with the softwar ...

Proprietary Software
Apr 02, 2010

Do these companies want you to use their proprietary software on your PC, and how is it installed? ...

Antivirus Software
Jul 14, 2010

anone know what antivirus software is recomended by MQ? ...

Help With Linecounting Software
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Grammar Software
Oct 04, 2010

Is there such as thing as grammar/punctuation software?  I just use the Word grammar checker but it seems I spend a lot of time fussing over punctuation. ...

Punctuation Software
Oct 18, 2010

Hi! Could anyone tell me if they use (or have used) any software that helps with punctuation. I have to tell you that that's my weakest point. Any product names you can give me that you think are good, please let me know. I'd need the software to use both with a Mac and PC. Thank you.   ...

Accounting Software
Jan 20, 2011

Good morning everyone. I am a recent MT graduate with a pending job offer.  I'm very exciting to begin working in this amazing industry.  At this time I am thinking about the whole starting up your own business thing and preparing myself for when I have to start submitting invoices etc. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good (and user friendly) accounting software for MTs, or if there even is such a thing.  I was thinking of using something easy like Quick Books b ...

Software Vendors
Feb 11, 2011

For four months now I have been researching software vendors to upgrade my very small transcription business. So far it has come down to Medikin and Infraware. Has anyone worked on both of these and did you prefer one over the other? ...

Help! I May Need New Player Software...
Apr 18, 2011

Hi.  I've been using Express Scribe for years now and have never run into a situation where it couldn't play the files that I was working with.  Recently I got a new job and now .ds2 files are going to be used more often and I just found out that Express Scribe doesn't play those.  UGH! I don't have the kind of money to buy $100 software like Bytescribe.  Does anyone know of any other wavplayer programs that are free or very low in price? Or maybe someon ...

Software Programs
Jul 25, 2011

I've worked for 3 different MTSOs. each bought out by another. I was never aware of the type of software programs used by these companies as the work platforms were "proprietary." I'm currently looking for part-time work and notice that most all job applications are asking for the name of or type of software programs used. How do I find out this information? As an example, Webmedx used Enterprise, but I have no idea what software program was used to create this platform. How do I ...

Shortcut Software
Aug 03, 2011

What is the best shortcut software?  I am looking at Shorthand, Sylvan Shortcut and SpeedType, etc.  Shorthand seems to take too long.  I need some good recommendations, thanks!! ...

Software? Cassettes? What?
Aug 09, 2011

Hello all,  Here's a question not sure how to ask - maybe someone can help.  If I were to contact, as an IC looking for work, a doctor or clinic to provide services, would I just need to have a software package (for example DQS) and would it have a line counter attached to it?  --or would I ask the doc what he/she uses for dictation and then buy/install that?Back in 1981 when I was self-employed and typed for 3 different docs in Oregon, I was still using typewriters and tapes ...