A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

shortcut software - medtype

Posted: Aug 03, 2011

What is the best shortcut software?  I am looking at Shorthand, Sylvan Shortcut and SpeedType, etc.  Shorthand seems to take too long.  I need some good recommendations, thanks!!

Shortcut software - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I love Instant Text and also AutoHotKey. A lot of employers will offer shortcut software for you as well. I personally wouldn't buy ShortHand as many employers offer it for you to use for free. Some platforms also have built-in expanders that you can use.

Instant Text - mtmadness

[ In Reply To ..]
In my opinion, InstantText is the way to go. It is more expensive, but worth it in the long run and you can use it with multiple kinds of platforms. Remember, you can write it off. I have been using it for years and have tried others. It also has a 30-day free trial. I have full reports with formatting saved with just a few keystrokes. Its awesome.

Instant Text - threedogs

[ In Reply To ..]
GET IT!!! It is great! Have been using it for many years. There is so much great stuff you can do with it! It hitches up to all typing programs and platforms. It is actually fun to think up stuff you can do with it. The people at the company are great with support.

AutoHotKey - BP

[ In Reply To ..]
Can AutoHotKey shortcuts be saved and transferred to another computer?

Similar Messages:

Shortcut Key?
Dec 09, 2012

Does anyone know the shortcut for typing the same thing right below something else - such as preop dx, if dr says postop dx is the same. I remember being able to use 2 keys to insert the same thing again.  It wasn't copying and pasting but rather control (I think)+ something else - Took a break from working at home for a few years and now I can't remember this shortcut!  Thanks! ...

Shortcut With MQ Charts
Mar 04, 2010

I copied a short echo chart (similar to the repository) for a very difficult ESL.  I would like to add it to my shortcut as an expansion for this dictator.  Now I can't figure out how to insert the copied info into shortcut?  Any help?  tia ...

Escription Shortcut Help?
Apr 30, 2010

I have been on the job 2 weeks and my TL went into early labor and obviously is unavailable and trying to get help is close to impossible.  Do anyone out there have the shortcut keys for Escription platform, the newer version or old version.  Heck, anything right now would help me out---Thank you all so much ...

Shortcut Or Abbreviate?
Sep 10, 2010

Does anyone know if either Shortcut or Abbreviate expanders are compatible with Docqscribe?  I'm looking for something similar to Smartype.  thanks! ...

Shortcut Program
Jul 13, 2011

Does anyone know of a good shortcut program out there?  I am looking into part-time transcription to supplement my income from the Q.  Please let me know.  Thank you in advance.  ...

ShortCut Expander
Jul 08, 2012

I've just set up my new Windows 7 computer, and now my ShortCut won't work. Any suggestions? ...

Keyboard Shortcut
Mar 23, 2013

What is the escription keyboard shortcut that allows you to move the voice and the cursor to the jump markers in a template? I cannot find this anywhere. ...

Shortcut For Windows 8
Dec 30, 2013

I was using an old version of Shortcut for Windows and it was working nicely on my old puter.  I got a new puter for Christmas (Thanks to my hubby - I think he wants me to type faster/more!) and I can't find my disk to load the Shortcut software onto the new puter - I'm not even sure it would work on Windows 8.  Can anyone recommend a word expander similar to Shortcut?  I'm not finding Shortcut for Windows available online.  Anyone?  Thanks - Kathleen ...

Shortcut And EMDAT
Oct 13, 2014

Does anyone know if the word expander program Shortcut (by Sylvan) works with Emdat Inscribe?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Here Uses The ShortCut Expander
Mar 19, 2015

I have been provided a company computer for a PT job and ShortCut is downloaded as the expander program, but there are no instructions and I am needing to know if you can access or add entries to the program while in your document and if so, what are the key combinations to do this? TYIA ...

Extext Shortcut Keys
Jun 03, 2010

I am working in Extext and I need to center headings..etc.  Does anybody have a list of shortcut keys I can use so I do not have utilize my mouse so often?  Thanks!   Lisa ...

How To Assign Shortcut Key For Asterisk...
Jun 13, 2010

I am looking to somehow figure out assigning a shortcut key in Word so that every time I press it, it jumps to the next asterisk in the report.  Anyone have any ideas?  I did look in the macro how to, but that was no help lol.  Thank you in advance :) ...

I Finally Had To Do It: I Made A Shortcut Key For
Dec 29, 2010

the phrase, " it was not covered by insurance", which is dictated constantly. What a sad state of American healthcare.   I'm sure the doctors are just as sick of insurance non-coverage of medical treatments as the poor patients are! ...

ShortCut Into Medrite Glossary
Jan 13, 2011

I am currently working in Medrite and need instructions on how to import entries from ShortCut for windows into the glossary, if it is possible.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Many thanks in advance. ...

Any Ediscript MTs.... How Do You Use The Shortcut Keys?
Jan 22, 2011

Hi all, Any MTs who work on Editscript.  Do you use the shortcuts recommeded by the program or do you do your own workaround and remap keys or use Shorthand to map a different key to do the same or a combination of key commands.  I tried using shorthand to overide the other key commands in Editscript and it will not let me.  I like to use my ALT K and ALT J keys to move forward and back in the report rather than CTL right arrow or left arrow, but it will not let me create that in ...

Symanthec ShortCut Program
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know if Symanthec ShortCut entries can be imported or copied into autocorrect program and if so, can you tell me how?  Thanks for any input. ...

Shortcut For Windows And Meditech
Oct 04, 2011

Howdy....Anyone work for Keystrokes?   Do you know if Shortcut for Windows works on Meditech platform? ...

What Is The Shortcut For Inserting The CC Into The Report. Nm
Mar 09, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Using ShortCut Expansion Program?
Jun 11, 2012

I've used the ShortCut expansion program for 13 years so I'd hate to have to change now, but I'm having a problem with my expansions popping out ever since I installed Word 2010.  They actually come out in slow motion, so slowly that I have a paragraph typed and only two or so words will be expanded.  Is anyone aware of a problem with Word 2010, or if you use the ShortCut program, are you aware if an update is needed?  I do recall needing an update of some sort whe ...

Editscript Shortcut Keys
Mar 02, 2013

hi - just wondered if anyone out there knows a site where i can copy/paste a list of shortcut keys? OR if you could just type a bunch here? (for some reason, i can't find any lists online.) thanks! ...

Shortcut For Windows Update
May 03, 2014

I call the telephone number on my program disc and they said that the company that developed Shortcut for Windows had been bought out by Superior Global but that they were allowed to provide tech support for Shortcut.  They were able to get mine to work with Windows 7 and M/S Word on the new computer but said that Shortcut would not be able to go past Windows 7 and that I should start looking for another word expander and start transferring short forms or macros over now while I have time. ...

ShortCut For Windows And Escription
Nov 16, 2014

Does anyone out there know how to use ShortCut for Windows with Escription?  I've used ShortCut for 14 years, have like 46,000 entries.  When I ran it with Escription, the long form would print out, but it would back up 2-3 characters and delete the last 2 characters of the word before it.  For example: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:  The patient is... With Escription, it looks like this: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNthe patient is. Any and all suggestions would be greatly ap ...

Will Somebody Please Put The New Compensation Into A Shortcut So I Don't Get So Confused.
Dec 14, 2014

Hi all, I am a fantastic transcriptionist.  One thing I am not good at is math.  Can someone please explain to me in simple terms how to find your rate of pay for the week, day, etc.  I am just drawiing a blank when it comes to this.  I watched the Enrich presentation, but as soon as I clicked out of it I was unable to download the form that tells you how to configure your pay.  Also, can this be done by the day or does it have to wait until the week ends.  Thanks ...

Question On Shortcut/abbreviation Tools
Feb 03, 2010

I use Shorthand for my expander program on my full-time job working on M*Modal platform, but I  just started another part-time job on EditScript, and since I  downloaded EditScript to my computer, my Shorthand expander program is doing weird things, so I  finally had to turn it off, but it is a pain to not have an expander on my full-time job. For example: I have "rt" as a shortcut for the word "right" and it used to work fine, but now it expands as "rtight" and every time I  ...

Do Laptops Usually Have Shortcut Keys To Get To The Internet?
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

EScription EditScript And Sylvan ShortCut
Aug 16, 2011

I just started an account using EditScript today and I can't seem to get my Sylvan ShortCut program to work with it.  It works sometimes and not others and very slowly, showing one letter at a time.  I already tried excluding it from my Avast antivirus (I think I did it right) and it seemed better for a minute and then right back to the same thing.  I ended up closing it and working without it, but I can't do that all the time or my production will suck.  Has anyone ...

Transcenders - Anyone Use Shortcut For Windows Instead Of Shorthand
Sep 01, 2011

... just curious!  TIA!!!  ...

Shorthand (FastFox) Shortcut Program
Jan 07, 2013

Shortcut To Return To Beginning Of Audio?
Jan 24, 2013

Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back to the beginning of the audio?  With 6.whatever you just went back to the beginning of the text and then did control m to put the audio there and went to the beginning because of the skip markers, now with no skip marker, it only goes back to where the actual report starts, not the beginning of the ADT, if it will go back at all.  I like 7 way better in all other aspects, but having to manually slide the audio back over with ...

Is There A Keyboard Shortcut For Adjusting The Volume?
Aug 18, 2013

nm ...