A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Running scared - anony

Posted: Aug 22, 2013

Making myself sick.  Recently got an audit and made a critical error dropping be down below the required 99.  Worrying about whether I will keep my job.  This is not normal to worry like this.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll offer this suggestion ... it may or may not help - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When I'm audited, even if my audit scores meet the requirement, I still take the time to call my QC Supervisor and just touch base with her about it. It's a really good opportunity to let her know you're concerned about your quality, and the steps that you'll take to improve. It's also a good chance to get a feel for if you have anything to worry about with your performance or your job. I always find that when I'm worried about something, taking a proactive approach instead of reactive, is best because if it comes down to you or someone else losing their job, it might boil down to who *cared* enough.

Also, one other thought. NO JOB ... not this one, or any other one is worth losing your peace of mind for. Always keep in mind that if it's time for you to go, no amount of worrying on earth will change it. So when you log on to work every day, log on with the intention of doing the best you can, producing the most you can, so that you can lay your head down every night and think, I did everything I could.

Hope this helps. :)

Anon - Draculaura

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for your encouragement and advice. I, too, worry if I fall short of passing an audit.

Running scared - Givemnopwr

[ In Reply To ..]
Anony, please, please, do not let that "failed" audit trouble you. The truth is they can FIND a reason to fire you at their discretion at any moment, or make one up. This is such an evil company that I hate to see you let them have your peace. If they are not going to pay rent, DO NOT LET THEM LIVE RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD!!! You should just concentrate on doing your best, and not worry about it. Seriously, how many files do you do a week, and 1 had a problem???? Anywhere else that would be an outstanding achievement. This place is TWISTED and do not let it tie you up in knots. I have failed several audits and nothing ever came of it except a few wrinkles and gray hair until I realized I should not let them into my head either. Good luck, I know it is hard as we are by nature perfectionists, but hang in there and shine them on!!! GOD bless you and HE will give them what they deserve some day, count on THAT.

I always wondered how they pick they jobs they audit - are they truly random or do they search

[ In Reply To ..]
for a major error? And how do you know you really typed it? anyone can go in and make corrections. Like the above poster said, it's not worth making yourself sick over.

Audit "criteria" - formerauditor

[ In Reply To ..]
When I used to have to do audits, the criteria was a certain length of file (3-5 minutes) and a reasonable line count (cannot remember that) for a "random sampling" of someone's work. It is very easy for an "auditor" to manipulate the audit to get the outcome "they" desire, pass or fail. The auditor picked the files, not the system.
tells me all i need to know. - thanks
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Givemnopwr - Draculaura

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for the encouragement and advice. I, too, tend to worry about falling short of passing an audit.

Mine is 99.5% requirement, not 99% - Sasha

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they have different criteria?

Similar Messages:

I Am NEW And SCARED
Jul 30, 2013

with this company?   I have read soooooo much here that scares me.   Can a person pay rent, car note, insurance, utilities and still eat working for this company.   I just got passed to this company after 30 years of MT and a salary of 60,000.  I am quite aware after reading here that I will not make what I am used to, but can I SUPPORT MYSELF?    ...

Uh Oh - Should I Be Scared Now?
Sep 30, 2014

I work for a hospital that pays hourly and incentive.  Nuance has been our overflow service - as of late, they are getting more work than us hospital employees.  Work is being given to them in droves.  Should I start getting concerned that my hospital is getting ready to ax us or ship us out to NuiSance?  Good grief.   Thanks for any input or stories you have. ...

I Am Scared I Won't Be Able To Support Myself...
Sep 14, 2010

as an MT with only my income. I live at a place where I don't have to pay any household bills right now. But I want to move out. It's not a good place for me to be living. I plan to get an apartment in about 5 months. I am just scared I won't be able to support myself. i can get an apartment for about $400 to 700 dollars. Along with groceries, cable/internet, and utilities, I'm just unsure. I guess I'm looking for advice/reasurance from MTs who support themselves ...

For The Newbies Who Come Here And Get Scared
Nov 10, 2010

I want the newbies who come here and read the complaints and get scared about "what have I gotten myself into" to realize that not everyone is unhappy at MedQuist.  Keep in mind that they have literally thousands of employees and only a handful come here to vent their unhappiness (which is fine, I understand, not everyone is going to be in an ideal situation).  I think it very much depends on your circumstances as to how life will be at MQ.  I was a new grad hire and once I ...

Want Change But Scared Of It
Jun 07, 2011

Started job searching...sick of company with low pay and inflexibility that is getting worse with time.  Now that job offers/testing offers are pouring in I am getting cold feet.  Don't want to jump from frying pan into fire.  Anybody ever been through this?  Words of advice? ...

Is It Normal To Be Scared?
Sep 14, 2012

Does anyone else get scared when they start? I'm shaking inside. Is it just me or is it normal? ...

I Am Almost Scared To Say This, But I May Have Found
Jan 04, 2014

a nonMT job!!  It is at WM.  As much as I hated WM, if they give me a job and I can earn a straight, steady, hourly wage, I will be SO grateful.  After being dumped on and treated like an idiot for 18+ years, I am almost out.  I sure hope so.  I need this so bad.  ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Overwhelmed, Scared, Discouraged
Jun 11, 2010

I just went through training with a new company. They seem like very nice people. But I feel so overwhelmed with everything that we went through in training, in a way I've never felt before. I feel unprepared to do my job on my start date. (Thankfully, it's not today). I feel like I can log in, and that's it. My trainer just blazed through everything as if I knew what she was talking about, as if I had done it all before. Like I said, she was super, super nice. But I feel lik ...

Scared To Work 2 Jobs
Jul 23, 2010

I need to work 2 transcription jobs, but I'm kind of scared that I will burn out or get carpal tunnel from all the typing I would be doing. Any insight you can share? ...

Interview.. First One In 10+ Years. So SCARED!!!!
Jan 06, 2011

I have been an MT for 10+ years.  I have worked at home my whole entire career.  Tomorrow I have an interview for an MT/Secretary position with an orthopedic office (I LOVE orthopedics).  The doctor called me tonight to set up the interview.  I am also taking a coding course currently and am really hoping to get my foot in the door with an office, preferably orthopedics.  This opportunity is exactly what I have been waiting for!!!  Any interview advice?  Im so ...

Newly Graduated MT..and Scared
May 04, 2011

So the second week of April I got my graduation certificate in the mail from At-Home Profession's Medical Transcription Program. I am excited, I am ready for some MT work. I have been applying to places online and have sent out introduction letters to 20 different clinics and doctors offices with my information and business cards. Most places that are looking for MT's on this website require at least 1 year of experience and I can understand that. I am a newbie and no one likes to carr ...

SA2 Running Out Of Work?
Nov 03, 2009

Has anyone else been running out of work in Sa2 the past few weeks?  I have been told to change my schedule and been offered crapola hours.  Just wondering how others have been doing lately.  It has been a while since I posted on here.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Else Running Out Of Work?
Feb 10, 2010

I'm so sick of having to hit the pawn shops up to pay my bills because the company I've been with for 7 years has overhired. I've not had any work now for 3 hours. ...

Not Walking But RUNNING!
Sep 30, 2010

After 10 years with Medquist I've decided to not walk but RUN!  Does anyone know how I can take the abbreviations I've spent 10 years developing on my own?  Is there a way I can copy them to a disk?  Any help would be so appreciated! ...

Running Out Of Work During The Day
Sep 11, 2012

I am running out of work every weekday.  I don't get work till around 11 am.  Are there accounts that are busy during the day? ...

Bonus Running Out
Feb 24, 2013

How many acquired Transcenders are going to quit/move on, once the grandfathered bonus runs out April 1 - and realizing that their bonus is never going to be achieved thanks to India QA? ...

Maybe Why We Are Running Out Of Work.
Jul 21, 2013

http://prnw.cbe.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/mxsecure-becomes-mmodal-2.html TIME FOR UNITED STATES MTs TO GET OUT OF THIS FIELD......NOW!!!! MModal will train 150 freshers from Philippines between now and December 2014, and will look at candidates having paramedical background. This offers an ideal opportunity for these candidates to start a successful career in clinical documentation with a leader in the industry." M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation and Speech Underst ...

Recommend Running
Aug 21, 2013

Ever since last week when problems opening this site, my system has been superslow.  I ran SpyBot and had 2 malicious bots BYPASSING my firewall. FYI.   ...

Running Out Of Work
Feb 22, 2015

Hi, this is my first time on this forum, so hope this post goes through.  The hospital that I work for is outsourcing the transcription department to Nuance Transcription Services.  We have been offered a job to move right over, etc. and everything sounds just wonderful.  LOL.  However, I see on the board many, many unhappy employees.  Is there anyone that is happy with Nuance? and about running out of work - is that mostly radiology or is it also medical records?  ...

Why Does TransPortal Keep Running Ads
May 12, 2015

It seems like they advertise a lot for their acute and ortho accounts.  Is something wrong with this company that they have to keep advertising for transcriptionists?  Are they an awful company and/or why are people leaving, or maybe they just keep getting new accounts?  Does anybody have a clue?  ...

Is Archivus Running Out Of Work?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone work for Archivus?  For the last couple of weeks it's becoming quite a pattern for them telling us not to log on and work until they give the okay with no explanation except that it's per the facility, usually ending up missing one or more days of work.  Not sure if they are running out of work or not.  Anyone know? ...

Congrats To All Who Are In The Running For MT Of The Year!!
May 18, 2010

Good luck ...

Anyone Else Running Out Of Work At Transportal?
Jul 17, 2010

Living on 400-500 lines a day is impossible. I 'm told there's no work.  REALLY? Why do you hire MTs if there's not enough work to go around? ...

Computer Running Slow
Aug 06, 2010

Is anyone elses computer running slower since they installed the new Email?  Also how often do you do disk defrag?  Thanks. ...

Running Out Of Work Low Lines
Aug 17, 2010

I will never understand why companies over hire, we were ontop of TAT.  In 2 weeks we have gone from 100s of files to 20 and fighting each other for them.   1200 lines to 400 a day ?  Amazing the amount of job hopping necessary to support our families as most of type long hours, low pay to support our families.  I am sickened by the thought of losing another job to no lines and the financial downfall it will have on my family..... I do not want to name company as I fear ...

Running Windows Programs On A MAC
Sep 25, 2010

I have an opportunity to get a brand new MAC as a gift.  My boyfriend has an extra one.  I work on the BeyondText platform and remember seeing someone on here had a MAC but had a way to split it so her Windows programs ran on the MAC somehow.  Tech support at Transcend says it won't work on a MAC. Or maybe I was wondering if an external driver could be used that was Windows and would run on the MAC.  Probably a pipe dream, but a MAC!  Oh I would love it!  Anyb ...

Need Help Running Lines In Meditech 4.0
Nov 05, 2010

I'm using Meditech 4.0 for the first time and can't figure out how to run transcription lines.  The facility typically pays by the hour and is paying by line for the first time, so they aren't familiar with how to do it either.  Their IT department is busy and not able to give me much help.  Anybody know how to do it? ...

Softscript Running Out Of Work?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone noticed Softscript suddenly has very little work? ...

I'm So Sick Of Running Out Of Work.
Feb 07, 2011

Today I managed to get a whooping 297 lines and then no more work.  Sat in front of this computer for 11 hours. ...