A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Uh oh - should I be scared now? - Chrissy

Posted: Sep 30, 2014

I work for a hospital that pays hourly and incentive.  Nuance has been our overflow service - as of late, they are getting more work than us hospital employees.  Work is being given to them in droves.  Should I start getting concerned that my hospital is getting ready to ax us or ship us out to NuiSance?  Good grief.

Thanks for any input or stories you have.

Yep. Definitely should. They're sending out more - and more because it is cheaper

[ In Reply To ..]
Gone are the good old days of in-house transcription. Good luck!

:( thanks - waiting for shoe to drop sm - Chrissy

[ In Reply To ..]
We get paid an incentive on line count too so guessing this is a way to keep that part down - pay NuiSance less, and then eventually lay us off or something. Oh fun.......:(

waiting - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Run, Chrissy, Run!!!! Don't wait. Get out while you can, save yourself.

A clinic I used to work for did just that: Outsourced - more & more to Nuance, then -

[ In Reply To ..]
one day they dumped all of us in the transcription department. I've read the same story over and over again on this board, so if I were you I would:

A- Be concerned,
B- Start looking at other jobs,
C- Go back to school, or
D- All of the above

Cheaper. The powers that be only care about money. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are going with Nuance, their last concern is about quality. They are only worried about their bonuses. The hospital administrators will go with Nuance because it saves them money. They don't care about you. They don't care about quality. They don't care about patients. They don't care about how you are going to pay your bills. They don't care if you have food on your table. Ditto that for Nuance. They don't care. They want their fat bonus checks. The only way to get that is to save money. Bottom line. Money.

Don't wait and see what happens. It's going to happen. Sorry to be blunt, rude and seem uncaring. I'm not. I've been there and so has everyone else here. You should find another career because this one is gone. Nuance killed it.

Thanks everybody - SM - Chrissy

[ In Reply To ..]
You all confirmed what I was thinking- and I needed that - to "hear it" out loud. I appreciate the feedback. Nuance truly is the albatross and evil of this industry.

Chrissy-if there is any other position in the hospital sm - honest advice

[ In Reply To ..]
you could possibly take, even if it's not a clerical job (like even environmental services or dietary), TAKE IT. You'll keep a decent wage and benefits and I'm positive your hospital has a far better health insurance, PTO and retirement plan than Nuance does.

Similar Messages:

I Am NEW And SCARED
Jul 30, 2013

with this company?   I have read soooooo much here that scares me.   Can a person pay rent, car note, insurance, utilities and still eat working for this company.   I just got passed to this company after 30 years of MT and a salary of 60,000.  I am quite aware after reading here that I will not make what I am used to, but can I SUPPORT MYSELF?    ...

I Am Scared I Won't Be Able To Support Myself...
Sep 14, 2010

as an MT with only my income. I live at a place where I don't have to pay any household bills right now. But I want to move out. It's not a good place for me to be living. I plan to get an apartment in about 5 months. I am just scared I won't be able to support myself. i can get an apartment for about $400 to 700 dollars. Along with groceries, cable/internet, and utilities, I'm just unsure. I guess I'm looking for advice/reasurance from MTs who support themselves ...

For The Newbies Who Come Here And Get Scared
Nov 10, 2010

I want the newbies who come here and read the complaints and get scared about "what have I gotten myself into" to realize that not everyone is unhappy at MedQuist.  Keep in mind that they have literally thousands of employees and only a handful come here to vent their unhappiness (which is fine, I understand, not everyone is going to be in an ideal situation).  I think it very much depends on your circumstances as to how life will be at MQ.  I was a new grad hire and once I ...

Want Change But Scared Of It
Jun 07, 2011

Started job searching...sick of company with low pay and inflexibility that is getting worse with time.  Now that job offers/testing offers are pouring in I am getting cold feet.  Don't want to jump from frying pan into fire.  Anybody ever been through this?  Words of advice? ...

Is It Normal To Be Scared?
Sep 14, 2012

Does anyone else get scared when they start? I'm shaking inside. Is it just me or is it normal? ...

Running Scared
Aug 22, 2013

Making myself sick.  Recently got an audit and made a critical error dropping be down below the required 99.  Worrying about whether I will keep my job.  This is not normal to worry like this.  Keeping my fingers crossed. ...

I Am Almost Scared To Say This, But I May Have Found
Jan 04, 2014

a nonMT job!!  It is at WM.  As much as I hated WM, if they give me a job and I can earn a straight, steady, hourly wage, I will be SO grateful.  After being dumped on and treated like an idiot for 18+ years, I am almost out.  I sure hope so.  I need this so bad.  ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Overwhelmed, Scared, Discouraged
Jun 11, 2010

I just went through training with a new company. They seem like very nice people. But I feel so overwhelmed with everything that we went through in training, in a way I've never felt before. I feel unprepared to do my job on my start date. (Thankfully, it's not today). I feel like I can log in, and that's it. My trainer just blazed through everything as if I knew what she was talking about, as if I had done it all before. Like I said, she was super, super nice. But I feel lik ...

Scared To Work 2 Jobs
Jul 23, 2010

I need to work 2 transcription jobs, but I'm kind of scared that I will burn out or get carpal tunnel from all the typing I would be doing. Any insight you can share? ...

Interview.. First One In 10+ Years. So SCARED!!!!
Jan 06, 2011

I have been an MT for 10+ years.  I have worked at home my whole entire career.  Tomorrow I have an interview for an MT/Secretary position with an orthopedic office (I LOVE orthopedics).  The doctor called me tonight to set up the interview.  I am also taking a coding course currently and am really hoping to get my foot in the door with an office, preferably orthopedics.  This opportunity is exactly what I have been waiting for!!!  Any interview advice?  Im so ...

Newly Graduated MT..and Scared
May 04, 2011

So the second week of April I got my graduation certificate in the mail from At-Home Profession's Medical Transcription Program. I am excited, I am ready for some MT work. I have been applying to places online and have sent out introduction letters to 20 different clinics and doctors offices with my information and business cards. Most places that are looking for MT's on this website require at least 1 year of experience and I can understand that. I am a newbie and no one likes to carr ...