A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interview.. first one in 10+ years. So SCARED!!!! - No Name

Posted: Jan 06, 2011

I have been an MT for 10+ years.  I have worked at home my whole entire career.  Tomorrow I have an interview for an MT/Secretary position with an orthopedic office (I LOVE orthopedics).  The doctor called me tonight to set up the interview.  I am also taking a coding course currently and am really hoping to get my foot in the door with an office, preferably orthopedics.  This opportunity is exactly what I have been waiting for!!! 

Any interview advice?  Im so nervous!!!! 

Good luck! You'll do fine!....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't really have any advice but lots of encouragement for you! You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Please come back and let us know how it went!

Thank you!!! - No Name

[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

Fingers crossed for you. Don't forget to let them know - you love ortho. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Couple tips. - Good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Make eye contact.

Do not speak too fast, say um, or like.

Have an air of confidence.

Talk about ortho, sports, replacements, procedures, etc. Slip some of your knowledge in there.

Talk about "team work."

Do a little investigating into the practice, like number of physicians or whatever, to show them that you care about who you are working for.

SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!

Good luck. Try not to show that you are nervous.

interview - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll probably do fine. If you have the impression that your nervousness is showing (talking too fast, sweating, etc.), take that opportunity to level with the doc. Ex.: I think I might be bombing this interview. That's unfortunate because this is just the job opportunity I have been waiting for, etc. Tell him/her what you told us. If the doctor called you directly, then he/she is a hands-on type and should appreciate your candor. Doc offices are like families. It's okay to be yourself.

Similar Messages:

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

I Am NEW And SCARED
Jul 30, 2013

with this company?   I have read soooooo much here that scares me.   Can a person pay rent, car note, insurance, utilities and still eat working for this company.   I just got passed to this company after 30 years of MT and a salary of 60,000.  I am quite aware after reading here that I will not make what I am used to, but can I SUPPORT MYSELF?    ...

Uh Oh - Should I Be Scared Now?
Sep 30, 2014

I work for a hospital that pays hourly and incentive.  Nuance has been our overflow service - as of late, they are getting more work than us hospital employees.  Work is being given to them in droves.  Should I start getting concerned that my hospital is getting ready to ax us or ship us out to NuiSance?  Good grief.   Thanks for any input or stories you have. ...

I Am Scared I Won't Be Able To Support Myself...
Sep 14, 2010

as an MT with only my income. I live at a place where I don't have to pay any household bills right now. But I want to move out. It's not a good place for me to be living. I plan to get an apartment in about 5 months. I am just scared I won't be able to support myself. i can get an apartment for about $400 to 700 dollars. Along with groceries, cable/internet, and utilities, I'm just unsure. I guess I'm looking for advice/reasurance from MTs who support themselves ...

For The Newbies Who Come Here And Get Scared
Nov 10, 2010

I want the newbies who come here and read the complaints and get scared about "what have I gotten myself into" to realize that not everyone is unhappy at MedQuist.  Keep in mind that they have literally thousands of employees and only a handful come here to vent their unhappiness (which is fine, I understand, not everyone is going to be in an ideal situation).  I think it very much depends on your circumstances as to how life will be at MQ.  I was a new grad hire and once I ...

Want Change But Scared Of It
Jun 07, 2011

Started job searching...sick of company with low pay and inflexibility that is getting worse with time.  Now that job offers/testing offers are pouring in I am getting cold feet.  Don't want to jump from frying pan into fire.  Anybody ever been through this?  Words of advice? ...

Is It Normal To Be Scared?
Sep 14, 2012

Does anyone else get scared when they start? I'm shaking inside. Is it just me or is it normal? ...

Running Scared
Aug 22, 2013

Making myself sick.  Recently got an audit and made a critical error dropping be down below the required 99.  Worrying about whether I will keep my job.  This is not normal to worry like this.  Keeping my fingers crossed. ...

I Am Almost Scared To Say This, But I May Have Found
Jan 04, 2014

a nonMT job!!  It is at WM.  As much as I hated WM, if they give me a job and I can earn a straight, steady, hourly wage, I will be SO grateful.  After being dumped on and treated like an idiot for 18+ years, I am almost out.  I sure hope so.  I need this so bad.  ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Overwhelmed, Scared, Discouraged
Jun 11, 2010

I just went through training with a new company. They seem like very nice people. But I feel so overwhelmed with everything that we went through in training, in a way I've never felt before. I feel unprepared to do my job on my start date. (Thankfully, it's not today). I feel like I can log in, and that's it. My trainer just blazed through everything as if I knew what she was talking about, as if I had done it all before. Like I said, she was super, super nice. But I feel lik ...

Scared To Work 2 Jobs
Jul 23, 2010

I need to work 2 transcription jobs, but I'm kind of scared that I will burn out or get carpal tunnel from all the typing I would be doing. Any insight you can share? ...

Newly Graduated MT..and Scared
May 04, 2011

So the second week of April I got my graduation certificate in the mail from At-Home Profession's Medical Transcription Program. I am excited, I am ready for some MT work. I have been applying to places online and have sent out introduction letters to 20 different clinics and doctors offices with my information and business cards. Most places that are looking for MT's on this website require at least 1 year of experience and I can understand that. I am a newbie and no one likes to carr ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Interview With MQ CEO.
Aug 02, 2011

I encourage all MQ employees to register with this newspaper (link below)and voice your opinion of MedQuist. It is our chance to be heard and let the public hear the "other side" rather than the "rosy" talk of Mr. Davenport. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110731/BUSINESS/307310032/MedQuist-tip-health-records-evolution?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs ...

Job Interview?
Oct 30, 2012

Was wondering if Nuance is a reliable place to work for? If anyone else works for them?  I was emailed for an interview, and was just curious.  Any and all info appreciated.. ty~ :) Gina ...

Need To Interview An MT
Nov 14, 2013

I am looking for a Transcriptionist (whether recently employed or been working as a transcriptionist for years) to interview for my final semester to understand the changes and demands of the transcription filed. I also want to know how you feel about the way things have changed. You can either reply here or through my email Some questions: 1. What education and/or training did you go through to become an MT? 2. Where are you employed (hospital/clinic) and how long have you been working ...

Job Interview Help
Apr 09, 2014

I have an interview next week for a coder 1 position.  Have had my CPC-A for a few months, but not much luck getting a position.  This is the 1st interview I have even been offered.  Any tips on how to land this job?  I have many year experience as a medical secretary, transcriptionist, editor, but getting that 1st coding job in the area where I live is very difficult.  Small town, not much opportunity.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Got An Interview
Aug 04, 2014

for an ophthalmic scribe/technician position for Wednesday.  Fingers crossed it pays decently and I get it!! ...

I Have An Interview For A Non-MT Job....they Are Going To
Oct 28, 2014

of my former employer (MModal)--- can anyone tell me what this is?  I can't find it anywhere.  I have an address on my tax form that says New Jersey, but didn't they move to Tenessee or ? .  Also,  I see so many numbers for MModal....but which one would I give to the person who is interviewing me to call and check on my employment?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!   ...

Interview
Jan 26, 2015

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I'm on my way to a job interview for transcription. I'm a former MT wanting to get back into it. I have experience, but haven't worked in the MT business for 1 year now. I do know I am the only person interviewing because the job isn't posted.  I have my updated resume, nice dress outfit, hair and nails groomed, and shoes polished.  Any helpful advice to calm my nerves? I really want this job.    ...

PF Interview
Feb 03, 2015

Just found out today that I have an interview with Patient First on Friday!  Any idea what to expect for the interview?  I tested a few weeks ago and had given up hope!   ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Anyone Willing To Do An Informative Interview
Jan 20, 2010

I am about half way to getting my MT certificate. I have an assignment in my career development class where I have to set up a phone informative interview with somebody in the MT field. It would be about 15-20 mins. and I would basically be asking about your personal experiances, advice, ect. If anybody would be willing to help me out on this, it would be greatly appreaciated. Please let me know as I have to have something set up by Fri. The interview does not have to be by Fri. just have to hav ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...

As MTs, We Should Actually Interview The Companies!
Mar 03, 2010

If you are an MT with 10 or more years experience (actually a requirement with 1 company), and you are testing and interviewing, consider this.  When you do your research on a company that you are applying with, print all the negative posts such as "horrible platform, hardly ever any work, pay is slow, they offshored my account, VR problems, etc., etc."  If you score perfectly on your test and have good recommendations, land an actual interview, we should address these concer ...