A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Requesting off for a Holiday..Can someone tell me - Cant find it

Posted: Mar 28, 2010

me where to find the holiday request off rule --not more than 60 days or something like that.  I cant find it on MQ Central.  If you know the rule or how to find it on MQ Central that would be great!!

Requesting Holidays Off - Top of CA

[ In Reply To ..]
Policy reads: "To request PTO that includes any major holiday you must submit your request no more than 60 days and not less than 45 days before the holiday. Managers and supervisors will formally approve or deny the request at least 35 days before the holiday."

In other words - the game is rigged

[ In Reply To ..]
You will work Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Have Fun because there will be NJA on every holiday, but they will want you checking in every so often. Don't bother calling in...
they have the day off.

That Policy didn't work at Christmas - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked off exactly 60 days ahead and was told all the spots were filled and I was scheduled to work Christmas. I was so angry. When I inquired about the policy, I didn't even get a response. Thankfully there were "No Jobs Available" all day.

PTO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a day off request for less than 2 weeks from now that has been sitting for a while "pending." I have tickets to a concert. Little does she know, I am going no matter what, but why she can't grant my time-off request, I have no idea.

Some CCMs not using ScheduleSource but just - change it in eTime

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a short cut for them. The ScheduleSource time cards are uploaded to eTime before they are processed, so guess she's making the changes there at the last minute, which cuts us out of the loop, can't approve our time cards. Also the new RTLs are supposed to be able to help the CCMs with payroll and time card changes.

Similar Messages:

REQUESTING OT -- I JUST GOT NJA!!
Jan 22, 2015

x ...

Requesting Time Off
Nov 14, 2013

Does anyone else having trouble getting an answer to requests for days off? Sometimes they aren't approved and it's 24 hours before! Then I have to email and wait for an answer.... Holidays are a nightmare. I think I make about 6 dollars an hour (seriously) Is that kind of pay really worth missing a holiday with my family? So sad, so stuck. ...

Is Requesting And Referring The Same Thing?
Oct 17, 2011

Is a requesting doctor the same thing as a referring doctor? ...

Looking For Policy On Requesting Time Off.
May 13, 2012

I am looking for the policy that will tell me how soon I can start requesting time off.  It seems like it is 60 days and 90 days for holidays???  Thanks. ...

Requesting Advice On Computer Specs
Mar 06, 2014

Since I'm still using Windows XP, I need to change to Windows 7 OS to be HIPAA-compliant.  I will either buy a new computer or have one built for me.  Since price is a huge factor, I would like to spend the money on only the most important features (RAM and sound card).  Could anyone please advise me on how much RAM, size of hard drive, best sound card without going overboard, etc?  Preloaded or built from scratch?  Desktop or laptop? Like I said, since money is so ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

Ejection Fraction Is Questionable Of 50% And Angle 40%. I Am Requesting A S/l Maga
Aug 05, 2011

TIA ...

Referring Physician Vs Requesting Physician
Apr 30, 2013

What is the difference between referring physician and requesting physician? ...

Does Anyone Know For Sure About Holiday Pay?
Apr 04, 2010

higher line rate, but I can not find anything about either holidays or line rate on MQ Central.  I assumed Easter would be considered a holiday. ...

Holiday Pay?
Dec 31, 2010

Is either today or tomorrow's work paid at holiday pay rate?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any responses and Happy New Year to everyone. ...

Does DSG Have Holiday Pay?
Jun 03, 2011

Just wondering....Does DSG provide holiday pay in addition to vacation PTO? ...

16 CPL Holiday Pay?
Nov 23, 2011

Which companies pay this rate for holiday lines? Mine only pays 0.13. Thanks, Reader ...

Holiday Pay...sm
Dec 30, 2011

Here's the deal...my company says if/when you work a holiday, they will give you the equivalent hours in PTO to use later on (you work 8, you get 8 PTO).  I checked with my state's DOL, and they said absolutely incorrect. You must be an exempt salaried employee for them to do this. They must pay regular employees cash money. The DOL also said that unless the company is a licensed health care facility in my state, which they are not--they only contract with ...

MM Holiday Pay?
Jun 08, 2012

15 PTOs full time per year. Do we get Memorial Day or any holidays on top of that? If I look hard enough I could probably see it in all the paperwork, but it is Friday and I am lazy. Thank you very much! ...

How Many Of You Who Had NJA Over The Holiday
Sep 03, 2013

weekend claimed "release from work without pay" on Remedy? I did. ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For
Nov 11, 2013

x ...

Holiday Pay -
May 26, 2014

I generally work every holiday, and most of the time the work is rather low, but today it has been rather brisk.  Thinking that I might actually make a decent wage today, I was trying to remember how our holiday pay was set up or if Memorial Day was counted as one of their "holdidays."  After searching my own files as well as ENRICH I finally found it:  It is.  We get the enormous increase of.... wait for it....  25%!  Wow.  So, for editing that's just ar ...

So Much For Holiday Pay
Jul 04, 2014

So here I am, on a holiday, OOW on all my accounts.  So much for that so-called holiday pay.  ...

Holiday Pay
Nov 26, 2014

Do we get holiday pay for working Thanksgiving?  If so, how much more?  I've only been with the couple a few months.  ...

MT Holiday
Dec 23, 2014

"Alot of companies had their Christmas Parties last night, only the employees could not make it because their company is in India" Jay Leno........ Bah ...

Is Columbus Day A Holiday
Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today? ...

Isn't There A Holiday Pay Differential?
Nov 26, 2009

. ...

Holiday Pay Differential
Nov 27, 2009

Last holiday (Labor Day) I was paid a differential.  It is usually time and a half so going by your base you will see an additional line on your paystub of holiday lines:  ex.  if your base rate is 0.08 you will see holiday pay 0.1200 x 1000 lines.  As far as I know, we have not received any notification that we do not get holiday pay.  ...

Father's Day Holiday Pay???
Jul 10, 2010

I swear Father's Day was on the holiday list, but there was no holiday pay on my check. Am I just going crazy? ...

If You Don't Have PTO?  Does That Mean You Have To Work The Holiday?
May 28, 2010

Hi.  My CCM sent out an email saying that work loads were going to be low because of the holiday and that we could take PTO for Monday if we wanted.  My question is what if you don't have PTO?  Does that mean you have to work the holiday or can you still request it off and just not get paid for it?  I would ask CCM but she said she would be very busy and wouldn't be able to keep up with emails. Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For Today
Sep 05, 2011

I know I will probably run out of work, but just wondering if what work I do get would be considered holiday pay.   Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Holiday?
Feb 20, 2012

Does anyone know if today is one of the 25% increase paid holidays for Nuance?  I'm working currently and none of my supervisors are on IM. :P ...

Okay, Holiday Is Over, Where's The Work???? Nm
Jan 03, 2013

.. ...