A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do we get holiday pay for today - labor day

Posted: Sep 05, 2011

I know I will probably run out of work, but just wondering if what work I do get would be considered holiday pay.

Thanks in advance.

Holiday pay - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
You are supposed to get holiday pay. I am scheduled to work but NJA SO FAR! But then I figured that would happen! It has been this way for the last two weeks. I am in the north. Do any regions have work anymore? What happened? We used to have plenty up until a few weeks ago, and it just stopped!

Wondering same thing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am from the north too and wondering the same thing. Something happened a couple of weeks ago so we don't have work anymore like we used to, running out all the time. I have had only 4 jobs so far since 5 this morning!

I cannot find anything on the - company website

[ In Reply To ..]
Its almost as if they took that away and never told us! I looked everywhere.

This same thing happened only it was the south region - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
that said lots of work then suddenly none. Can't remember how long ago, maybe a year or a little less.

I'm in the west region and so far we have had plenty of work. I have a feeling they have started off-shoring in the east, then the south, then the north. I'm sure I'll be back here in a few months with constant NJA. MY Opinion is that the reason they are saving the West region for last is that California's labor laws will force them to have to pay benefit rate for NJA plus if they fire us they will have to still pay UI. So they are hoping most of us will just go ahead and quit after the pay cuts and BS so they will only have a few left to lay off or fire.

I sure hope none of you in the north are buying your CCM's "excuses" for why there is no work right now. Unless that reason is "the work is being sent to India," I am convinced they are not being truthful.

and another thing for those in the North with NJA.. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you are applying for partial or full unemployment for the weeks you have NJA that you cannot make up.
my CCM already took my benefits - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yeah, hating it here in the North. Two weeks in a row of working less than 39 and my CCM pulled my benefits. Not enough work during my first week and then slapped my hand the second week for working outside my schedule to make up the hours (no PTO left) because the RTLs apparently don't route work or send out notices when there are critical backlogs. So then I lost my benefits and got demoted to FT with limited benefits. So what is next? Probably going to get demoted to PT. Already have an appointment with unemployment Tuesday.
to: NJA Queen` - verla
[ In Reply To ..]
That is just wrong that you're penalized like that. This whole crappy picture of how we get treated because of circumstances beyond our control is just not right.

Good for you that you're going to the unemployment office -- you've got plenty of reasons to give them. I hope you get benefits without a hassle.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
to: NJA Queen - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
so sorry this happened to you.

that cant be right - because

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in the north region but do not live in the north. Also, the work I do is not in the north, it is from the east. So, I dont think it matters what region they do, I am sure there are people from California in the North region.

Work drying up - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
When I left the office a number of years ago to work at home things were fine for a while and then the work stopped suddenly on a holiday weekend. The regional manager had the nerve to tell me that doctors don't dictate on holiday weekends - only this was an ER account and they probably saw 1000 patients on a 3-day weekend. The lying is outrageous. Shortly after that, however, the hospital pulled its account so even though I lost out, so did MQ.
to: work drying up - verla
[ In Reply To ..]
they probably lost the account because the hospital figured out they were lying about stuff, as we all know they're so good at with all their glossing over of terms, etc., otherwise known as BS in the real world!

yep time and half for whatever work is there today - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, here in the North there is nothing so time and half of nothing is still a big fat zero not to mention I have to use my PTO or make up the hours. I hope others are able to get some work in today.

Couldn't work because of no work! - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to take PTO today. Last year I would have had work even if it was accounts from everywhere but today there was not a single job. I just wish they would tell us what the heck is going on.

NJA on holiday - oldmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I live in Virginia but am in the north region.
I think it's terrible nobody at MQ is answering your questions - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for MQ, but follow all the boards. I'm so aggravated for you all that no one at such a large national company is giving you an explanation. How do they get away with not giving you a truthful answer about why there is no work. How do they get away with this when people are paid on production? It's disgraceful.
NO WORK NORTH REGION - JJ
[ In Reply To ..]
have been only making about $5.00 a day for a couple weeks and for the past 2 days NOTHING. Manager says change hours but when I checked ALL DAY my account had next to nothing in it. Can it be legal to do this to people?

to: couldn't work because of no work - verla

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, oldmt, you know that "truth" is not in their vocabulary and why would they tell us - wouldn't want us all to quit on the same day and leave them stranded. Oh, but I forgot, they've got their backup in India, no worries - ha!!

Similar Messages:

Is Today HOLIDAY PAY?
Sep 01, 2013

Do we get holiday pay today??  I cannot even remember the website to access MModal/employee info...so bad.  ...

Does Anyone Else Have Today Off As A Holiday? Sm
Feb 17, 2014

There have been a lot of cons posted lately about this company, and I don't disagree, but I have to say this is the first company I have worked for that gave me President's Day off as a paid holiday. I was just curious if any other companies are doing that. I honestly just thought of it is a bank holiday, nothing more. ...

Is Today A Holiday?
Feb 16, 2015

If I can plan on running out of work or not.. ...

India Had A Big Holiday Today. Did Anybody
Feb 10, 2013

notice they had a lot more work than usual Sunday? ...

NJA -- So What's The Holiday Today - Fat Tuesday Or Perhaps Paczki Day??
Mar 04, 2014

Just ridiculous!!!  We ALL know something's going on.  ...

How Is Work Flow Today After Holiday Slow Down?
May 27, 2014

Can't figure if work is low or once again Nuance has overstaffed the accounts. ...

They Force Everyone To Work Their Holiday, And Then There's No Work Today.
May 29, 2012

x ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Does Anyone Know For Sure About Holiday Pay?
Apr 04, 2010

higher line rate, but I can not find anything about either holidays or line rate on MQ Central.  I assumed Easter would be considered a holiday. ...

Holiday Pay?
Dec 31, 2010

Is either today or tomorrow's work paid at holiday pay rate?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any responses and Happy New Year to everyone. ...

Does DSG Have Holiday Pay?
Jun 03, 2011

Just wondering....Does DSG provide holiday pay in addition to vacation PTO? ...

16 CPL Holiday Pay?
Nov 23, 2011

Which companies pay this rate for holiday lines? Mine only pays 0.13. Thanks, Reader ...

Holiday Pay...sm
Dec 30, 2011

Here's the deal...my company says if/when you work a holiday, they will give you the equivalent hours in PTO to use later on (you work 8, you get 8 PTO).  I checked with my state's DOL, and they said absolutely incorrect. You must be an exempt salaried employee for them to do this. They must pay regular employees cash money. The DOL also said that unless the company is a licensed health care facility in my state, which they are not--they only contract with ...

MM Holiday Pay?
Jun 08, 2012

15 PTOs full time per year. Do we get Memorial Day or any holidays on top of that? If I look hard enough I could probably see it in all the paperwork, but it is Friday and I am lazy. Thank you very much! ...

How Many Of You Who Had NJA Over The Holiday
Sep 03, 2013

weekend claimed "release from work without pay" on Remedy? I did. ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For
Nov 11, 2013

x ...

Holiday Pay -
May 26, 2014

I generally work every holiday, and most of the time the work is rather low, but today it has been rather brisk.  Thinking that I might actually make a decent wage today, I was trying to remember how our holiday pay was set up or if Memorial Day was counted as one of their "holdidays."  After searching my own files as well as ENRICH I finally found it:  It is.  We get the enormous increase of.... wait for it....  25%!  Wow.  So, for editing that's just ar ...

So Much For Holiday Pay
Jul 04, 2014

So here I am, on a holiday, OOW on all my accounts.  So much for that so-called holiday pay.  ...

Holiday Pay
Nov 26, 2014

Do we get holiday pay for working Thanksgiving?  If so, how much more?  I've only been with the couple a few months.  ...

MT Holiday
Dec 23, 2014

"Alot of companies had their Christmas Parties last night, only the employees could not make it because their company is in India" Jay Leno........ Bah ...

Is Columbus Day A Holiday
Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today? ...

Isn't There A Holiday Pay Differential?
Nov 26, 2009

. ...

Holiday Pay Differential
Nov 27, 2009

Last holiday (Labor Day) I was paid a differential.  It is usually time and a half so going by your base you will see an additional line on your paystub of holiday lines:  ex.  if your base rate is 0.08 you will see holiday pay 0.1200 x 1000 lines.  As far as I know, we have not received any notification that we do not get holiday pay.  ...

Father's Day Holiday Pay???
Jul 10, 2010

I swear Father's Day was on the holiday list, but there was no holiday pay on my check. Am I just going crazy? ...

Requesting Off For A Holiday..Can Someone Tell Me
Mar 28, 2010

me where to find the holiday request off rule --not more than 60 days or something like that.  I cant find it on MQ Central.  If you know the rule or how to find it on MQ Central that would be great!! ...

If You Don't Have PTO?  Does That Mean You Have To Work The Holiday?
May 28, 2010

Hi.  My CCM sent out an email saying that work loads were going to be low because of the holiday and that we could take PTO for Monday if we wanted.  My question is what if you don't have PTO?  Does that mean you have to work the holiday or can you still request it off and just not get paid for it?  I would ask CCM but she said she would be very busy and wouldn't be able to keep up with emails. Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Nuance Holiday?
Feb 20, 2012

Does anyone know if today is one of the 25% increase paid holidays for Nuance?  I'm working currently and none of my supervisors are on IM. :P ...