A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Refuse to work today - me

Posted: Dec 25, 2012

The Indians do not work on their holidays because it is against their religion.  Well, working on Christmas is against mine, so I'm not working.

Refuse to Work Today - prissy

[ In Reply To ..]
How'd you get out of working today?

I'm not the OP, but.....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
Last spring, I couldn't take it anymore, so I gave myself a 2-week vacation. I actually told myself I quit, but after the 2 weeks were up, and nobody said a peep to me, I decided to go back to work. I worked another month and a half or so, started running out of work and the whole scenario of doing this detestable ASR crap was really getting on my nerves, so I just quit with no notice. More than a month went by and no one noticed! So, I don't think taking a day off is going to hurt anyone. Just my experience. BTW, I did apply for and won unemployment, as it was determined that MModal didn't hold up their end of the bargain because of the pay cuts, no work situations, etc.

Question? - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
You mean you didn't work for 2 weeks without putting in for PTO and no one called or emailed you? Then you just went back to work afterwards?
Question from MSMT....sm - mb
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. I took 2 weeks off, didn't notify anyone, didn't ask for PTO (because I didn't have any as it was eaten up by NJA) and NOBODY contacted me at all wondering why I wasn't working. I don't work for MModal anymore and am so glad!! I still come here, I guess, for the same reasons people drive slowly by a wreck on the highway, LOL. I want so bad to see this company GO DOWN and am waiting to see that.

I was refused PTO... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
which is against the federal labor law. A company with more than 15 employees cannot refuse to let you have a day off for religious observance of a holiday. I am Catholic and Christmas is one of the holy days of obligation. There is also a clause in the law that they cannot refuse to let you have the day off if it does not cause "undue distress" on the company. There are thousands of Indian employees who can cover for us here in the US. Also there cannot be a double standard. You cannot allow some employees, i.e. management, etc., to have the day off and not allow others. I have worked in-house doing transcription and never was a hospital transcription department open on Christmas. So why should we be? It all comes down to greed and lack of consideration for employees. In fact, Christmas is listed on the website as one of the observed holidays by the company. That should include everyone!

So what did you do since you were refused PTO? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I worked in-house as well and our transcription dept was always open on X-mas. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
People still get sick or in accidents and transfer summaries, etc., must be completed.

I have never heard of any hospital transcription department that was "closed" on any holiday.
Yup. - LeonaG
[ In Reply To ..]
I've also worked in-house.

At the very least, somebody is there to transcribe the radiology reports, and can do other stats if necessary.
This isn't a 9 to 5, M-F, holidays off gig and it never has been. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
One thing you always had to accept in this line of work was that you would be working most, if not all, of the major holidays.

It has been a fact of life from the beginning. Hospitals are a 24/7 business. If you want holidays off, go to work for a clinic but if you do acute care, you will be working holidays.

Most companies rotate or take volunteers rather than making - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
nearly EVERYONE work every holiday & sit here wasting precious family time when there's no work anyway. They could rotate or take volunteers, have plenty to cover the holidays, and we could still have some of our holidays off. They're just too lazy to bother with it. Don't defend them -- it certainly doesn't have to be this way.
Not defending anyone, just stating facts. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This is not a new policy and if you don't like it, work somewhere else instead of constantly whining about it.

People really should research the realities of an occupation before getting into it. Most MTSOs actually do rotate the holiday schedule. The OP made it pretty clear she wants EVERY Christmas off.
This company doesn't rotate. If you aren't a pet, with some CCMs, you're just - out of luck. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well, I guess that leaves 2 options available. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Find a different company or live with it.

It may not be fair, but life rarely is.

The best way to avoid working holidays is to get a job in an industry that is closed on holidays.

I simply do not see the point in complaining about something that is a fact of life in this biz and always has been.

And, just FYI, I haven't had Christmas or Thanksgiving off in YEARS. The only holiday I have gotten off was July 4th two years ago. I feel the pain of not being able to schedule family time and then not having any work. However, I also understand that is just the way it is.
Of course you have worked every holiday. - There is always your type pop up this time of year
[ In Reply To ..]
Work it and shut up about it and stop acting like you're doing us all a favor. You know they would give you off if you asked, but you don't ask because working all the holidays makes you feel important to your MTSO.

Do you think they care about you? Doubt it. You're the doormat kind. They love your kind actually. One who just believes every word they say.

Call one of the hospitals on a holiday and find out if you can come in for a scheduled appointment. Walk in one some day on a holiday and see how many people you see? Maybe one guy sweeping, one person at the front desk, one person in radiology, ER fully staffed. You won't find transcriptionists on-site at a hospital on a holiday. If you do, I'll eat my words.

MTSOs are another breed of animal. They could care less about you or your family. Isn't your manager off? Isn't the President of the company off? Of course they all are. Don't let them kid you.

As a matter of fact, CCMs can't be reached hardly at all even during regular shifts during regular days. What a crock of crap this is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation when the main people do not even work. Seems to be there is something wrong with that theory if it is so important and all.

Get off your high horse. A lot of us came from hospital and a lot of us were never required to work holidays. Save us the mantra of you've done it all when we know you volunteer with your hand up so you can feel important.
Wow, what a load of self-pitying garbage. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My type is an informed MT. I knew what I was getting into when I decided to do this job. I choose not to whine about the realities of life.

FYI, I have been denied holidays numerous times. Oh well, I put my big girl pants on instead of throwing a fit like a 5-year-old.

You need psychological assistance for your anger issues.
The reason you are turned down is the fact - that you are their scape goat. (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
You are their yes person. You are one that defends their stupid idiotic policies. You are the one to criticize other MTs and try to make them feel bad for wanting a holiday off which they rightly should have.

When I worked for this crappy company, we got e-mails asking to assist the Indian MTs for their holiday while they all take it off and MModal had the stones to ask this a week after taking my account that I had learned.

Keep defending the MTSOs. You sound just like them. I have no anger. I no longer work for this crappy company for minimum wage and nothing more.

You can defend it all you want. It will make you no more money. As a matter of fact, you look like an idiot on here defending such nonsense.

If this job was soooooooooooo important, it would pay a hell of a lot more than it does. But you just keep on letting them tell you how important it is and how important you are and you keep believing it. That's obviously what makes you tick.

I worked with one of your kind at every job. The "I do it all because I'm so important." blah blah blah

Keep doing that, but please don't make others feel they need be doormats as they do not. I don't need any kind of anger therapy. I'm not angry. I just tell it like it is and don't take any crap from these companies who ultimately make the big bucks. I haven't made good money since the MTSOs took over this profession and the hospitals decided to outsource.

These MTSOs think we're stupid. Well, I for one, am not and I will not resign to your attitude that this is a 24/7 job, because honey it is faaaaaaaaaaaar from it!
You need to get a grip and quickly. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This is very simple, anyone can understand this.

If you don't like the company (any of them or all of them), you have the option to quit. If you have been in this industry for a while, then you should have seen the writing on the wall a looooong time ago and gotten retrained and gotten out. If you chose not to do those things, then sit down and shut up. If you are new to the industry, you clearly didn't do your homework before jumping on board. What a shame and boo-hoo.

The whining about how "unfair" it all is has grown extremely tiresome. MTSOs are greedy profit driven scumbags. We all know this. This is not news and all of your boo-hooing on this board will achieve nothing. Spend your time productively by looking for another line of work if you are so miserable.

People can complain if they want to. - This board allows venting
[ In Reply To ..]
sick of this 'shut up or get out' attitude.
OK, then it allows posts that aren't venting as well?? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
because it sure does not feel that way.

If anyone says anything that is a statement of fact or god forbid says something positive, better get ready for multiple grenades to be lobbed.

Seems to me that people like yourself think the ONLY function of this board is "venting."
They are both - venting. -nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, didnt realize that you started this post - and were attacked
[ In Reply To ..]
Check yourself
To you need to get a grip and quickly: TROLL - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
NASTY TROLL. GO AWAY!
Truth hurts!!!! - You go away. I am entitled to post just like you
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Anon, does your first name start with a T? I think I know that nasty attitude. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
wow what a load of self-pitying - molleycat
[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't agree more! Everytime I come on here, it is so negative, that I have to wonder about some of these ladies. I believe that no matter where they work, they would have something to complain about. Way back when, when medical transcription was done on TYPEWRITERS, the pay wasn't that great either, no matter how fast you were. Yes, there are some things that could be made better but I don't see anyone doing it in a positive way. I suspect that no matter what company some people work at, they wouldn't be happy if they didn't complain.
I have been here for 20 years with this same STUPID - company. Went back to school.
[ In Reply To ..]
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE GO THROUGH. I WANT THE CEO TO GO ON UNDERCOVER BOSS... a program on TV.

THEN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL SEE THE TRUTH, THE TRUE FACTS OF THIS COMPANY.

NEGATIVE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? IT IS BEING REALISTIC, TRUTH AND IT HURTS.
Working holidays - eat your words - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
In the 34 years as a transcriptionist in a hospital setting - we were always required to work 3 holidays a year - we would take turns for Thanksgiving and Christmas - true Christmas was probably the quietest day of the year, but yup - transcriptionists do work holidays in hospitals... So get busy eating...
And they also rotate, unlike here... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Would you like salt and pepper with those words - Youre eating?
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been doing this 25 years and at 5 different in-house positions. Every year the transcription department is staffed. Every. Single. Year.

Before you set yourself up for failure on a post, I would suggest you know whereof you speak, because to claim NO hospital has the transcription staffed on a holiday is absurd. Unless you live in Podunk, Nowhere, you'll find that transcription departments are indeed staffed, even on major holidays such as Christmas.
Might as well pull up a chair... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
and join me in a meal because I have worked as an MT for over 30 years in 4 different hospitals, and not one of them was staffed on Christmas Day. I guess it all depends on where you work. I definitely did not work in Podunk either.
YOU ARE SUCH A BULLY! - INTIMIDATOR!
[ In Reply To ..]
Like the post stated above... JUST STATING FACTS!

My kid had to work on Christmas and Thanksgiving at the MOVIE THEATER! Christmas is the largest day of the year for movie goers. No complaints because they all like what they do and they get appreciated and have dinner brought in by corporate. WE HAVE NO JOBS WITH NO PAY!!!!! Such a bully!
you are the one doing the namecalling - other poster
[ In Reply To ..]
no one is intimidating or bullying you.
Disliking the facts of life, doesn't change them. Poor babies. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
No. Not every hospital make their MTs work holidays. - It is the MTSOs that took over that require that.
[ In Reply To ..]
Please do not confuse the two issues here. It has not always been this way that MTs were required to work. As a matter of fact even during snow storms, the MTs were considered non-essential personnel in our hospital and were told to stay home. The reports can be done between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. during regular business hours with enough staffing. Yes, this was acute care.

It is the MTSOs who created second shifters as a norm and even overnight MTs to impress the hospitals with TAT. The MTs that joined that chain gang most likely loved the flexibility of the shifts as opposed to the regular on-site hospital hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri.

I remember MTs at first liking the fact that MTSOs hired at-home MTs. Now, I see more and more the trend is that the MTs want back in the hospital to work Mon-Fri 9-5 and have holidays off. I've read a few posts even most recently as this month stating they love their new on-site hospital job and get paid for the holiday to stay home and do nothing.

Please be realistic. This is not a 24/7 job in reality. This is a 24/7 sweatshop to the MTSOs who created that monster. It does not have to be that way and we all know it. The ones posting that this is a 24/7 job and hospitals never close have this sort of self-importance thing going on that makes them feel better about themselves for working the awful shifts, weekends, and holidays when in fact they've been snookered and they realize it but just don't want to admit it.

The people that think they should be off for holidays are not whiners or complainers, they are realists and they are true to form and know that this business of MT is not that ultimately important for patient care on a 24/7 basis. The billing companies are the ones that should be bothered by the reports not being done but I'd bet if you called around, most if not all billing companies were also off on Christmas here in the US (not talking about offshored billing/coding) and also do not work second shift or weekends.

Finally, if this job was so important to be 24/7 including holidays, it would not be offshored to workers who cannot even speak our language. It contradicts itself by sending the work to people not properly trained just to save a buck on the backs of the patients. The patients suffer. You and I suffer. If this job was so super important, it would be right here in the US and paid at a better salary than $10.00 an hour, 4 cpl, and it would not be trusted to a quirky speech engine. It is similar to a cashier, a waitress, a janitor. It's just cleaning up the crumbs of what nobody cares to even look at. The doctors do not look at these reports. They could care less.
No. Not every hospital... - Lin
[ In Reply To ..]
Well said. My sentiments exactly. :o)
Then show us the work or pay us what we are - REALLY WORTH!
[ In Reply To ..]
You have no clue dude with the abuse we take!
Nope, but they run a skeleton crew rather making everyone sit there - twiddling their thumbs. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I worked at a hospital and the department was closed. - They saw no outpatients (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
and the inpatient studies waited until after the holiday. Very small skeleton crew for departments clerical wise and technician wise but the ER was fully staffed.

At first in radiology they did a rotating holiday schedule but then decided it wasn't worth to pay the time and a half plus give a day off for working the holidays and eliminated the staffing on the holidays for us MTs.

Every hospital is different. They are not all the same.

You might have some admissions and discharges, but the reports waited until the medical records department was staffed on a regular business day. The MTSOs decided to get these large hospital accounts it would be so nice to provide 24 hour TAT no matter what day it is, well of course except obviously the days the offshore MTs need off for their holiday, but then they had US MTs to pick-up the slack with the idea that everything is 24/7.

Who do you think invented physicians on-call on holidays? They are considered on-call and so were a lot of the staff on holidays. Techs for different departments stayed home unless the ER called them in and then they got paid big bucks for blocks of time. If they had to come in and do one patient that took 15 minutes, they got paid 4 hours of on-call pay that was very good money. Absolutely no outpatient services at all were available on any holiday.

I worked for you - Merry Christmas

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked off for Christmas Eve because that is when our family does our thing but I worked Christmas Day a longer shift so others like yourself could enjoy the holiday with their families. I just got up early and made sure the Christmas Dinner was going, had a list for the kids to help and then took a break and enjoyed dinner with my family. I had work the whole shift and got time and a half.

No it was not the ideal situation but I don't think it is fair for some MTs to work every holiday either. I wish they would do a volunteer thing or rotate.

Not against the labor law - get it right

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no federal/state law that says an employer has to let you off for a "religious" holiday.

It's actually under the federal anti-discrimination law, as is the employer's undue distress clause.

As for the Indian employees, there are many Indians who are also Christian and celebrate Christmas.
Just for facts' sake, Christians make up only a little over 2% of Indian - population. (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]

Admittedly, that's a lot of people, almost as much as the whole population of Canada, but it's not a very large percentage of Indian people/workers, so the impact would be minimal. 

If everyone had your BAD attitude, the hospitals would be closed - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
I suppose if your child tripped and broke his/her leg, or if you had a heart attack on Christmas, you'd just be SOL.

Hospitals work 24/7/365, and so do we. Period.

Using the Indians as an excuse not to do YOUR job is just plain irresponsible.

Again, they could run a skeleton crew rather than making us all sit - here twiddling our thumbs though. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No one has to sit here twiddling their thumbs. - Submit a remedy ticket and

[ In Reply To ..]
be free. It is really not that hard to have the day off if there is no work on a holiday.
Exactly, but the drama queens thrive on whining. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
When 1 job trickles in every 10-15 minutes, you can't submit a ticket and take off - yet make hardly anything all day. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you don't have to have 15 consecutive minutes. I go - by accumulative minutes.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to sit and wait and do 1 job every 15 minutes, as soon as I have 15 accumulative minutes, I submit a remedy for PTO or makeup time. Never had a problem with that so far.
Finally...somebody who does what I do! NM - cheated
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

No. You are wrong. Normally in the hospital setting. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the weekends and holidays are considered on-call for many. They might run a skeleton crew for clerical reasons but that's about it. It was always rotating and there was no fighting amongst the staff since they got time and a half and a day off to make up for it.

When was the last time the MTSO paid time and a half plus gave you a different day off to compensate the fact that you are working a holiday? Never. Period.

This has always been the way it is. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The point is, if you don't like the hours find a different job.

I agree that it would be lovely to have every holiday off, but that is just not how it works.

I am tired of all the moaning and complaining about a job requirement that hasn't changed in decades.

You should have researched the requirements of the job before getting into it. Holidays are part of the bargain unless you work for a clinic.
No, it is not the way it has always been - Before MModal, before
[ In Reply To ..]
MedQuist, back in the days of MRC and Medifax, they put up a holiday sheet and you signed up for it. One "summer" and one "winter" holiday. We never had to work every single one of the holidays until MedQuist. Period.

Hospital settings - Anon Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Until recently, I worked in a multispecialty ambulatory care setting. We had weekend staffing to cover stats and ER. We have some paid holidays but only because the facility is closed. I have also worked in acute care. We had to work weekends and rotated working Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving. The department was staffed until at least 11:00 at night. They never ran skeleton crews for "clerical reasons." The MTSOs do not staff to make themselves "look good." The client probably requested coverage for those days/times and that is why they ask people to work.
And you have the outsourced MTSOs to thank - for that lovely trend. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I am talking 20+ years ago with the hospital setting, there were no weekends and we rotated holidays for about 2 years where they offered time and a half and an additional day off. They also gave us a paid day off for our birthday. They did away with all that to save money. Then they outsourced and laid everyone off.

I once had a wise old nurse tell me "Everyone is an outpatient. If a patient is admitted it's because they can't figure out what the hell is wrong with them." She was so right.

Recent means lately and lately confers to the MTSOs offering weekend and holiday coverage for no extra charge. I was told by management what C-Bay offered and it looked good to management as C-Bay said "hey, why are you paying your employees vacation and sick time and leave for surgeries and deaths in the family when you could use us and you'll always have coverage for no extra charge?" Believe me, the MTSOs were the ones knowing that people would love to work from home with flexibility. It's turned into a cesspool mess where you make no money and you work harder than ever to make quotas and please QA and make their statistics look good to the next client they will reel in meanwhile throwing the employees that have been at the hospital for years right under a bus and they still sleep at night very soundly actually on your sweat and tears making millions.

The MTSO. The middleman. Who needs them? We didn't then and we don't now, but unfortunately, it looks so good to these hospitals to have it be out of their sight and out of their mind and have coverage 24/7.
Our sweat and tears, as you said, is really making - them millions and making
[ In Reply To ..]
us paupers.

What a bully! Tell that to the Indians when they - have their holiday.

[ In Reply To ..]
I sat around all day during Christmas for the last 20 years. Never complained because I had jobs to type.

I sat around this Christmas to work and guess what??? I HAD ONE REPORT! AND I DO NOT GET PAID TO SIT AROUND WAITING FOR WORK. I would have rather worked with my teenager at the movie theater that day because teenager got paid for the whole day and had fun!

you need to take nationalistic bias out of your equation - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
frankly, if you are willing to sit around all day waiting for work, that's on you, toots.

It used to be a "troll" was someone who was ultra negative and obnoxious. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
isn't it funny that on this board the only ones who are called trolls are people who cite facts or who may actually have a positive thing to say about anything.

Says a lot about what people on this site seem to want.

Enjoy your sandbox of whining children.

Then the term fits. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

While Drawing UE And You Refuse A Job (sm)
Sep 24, 2010

....maybe the pay was too low, etc, etc.  If you answer the weekly question on UE - did you refuse work this week and you answer yes, what can they do?  Lower your UE, stop it altogether?  ...

I Absolutely Refuse
May 09, 2015

I absolutely Refuse to do any more VR for less than what straight typing pays. Find another Sucker to fix your jacked up reports. This is not worth my time, I am an Educated Professional.  Do not take advantage of me, I will Not sell myself short! Note to transcription companies:  Speech recognition is Not ready for medical or legal reports. It is more suited for personal or small business use at this point. Continue to push this VR crap and you will lose the good scribes.  Wha ...

The Self Righteous MTs Who Refuse To Work For Less
Jan 19, 2010

someone will take it - beats 0.00 Posted: Jan 17th, 2010 - 2:17 am In Reply to: Just saw a new ad ... .07 cpl, without spaces, IC, no benefits and want (sm) - Just sayin ....Why shouldn't they bid low? There is always someone who will work for a few bits less than the self-righteous I'm-too-good-for-thatters.  http://forum.mtstars.com/184840.html Bringing this up from below, because I don't understand it.  In this post, the poster mentioned the self righteous I'm ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Oracle / OTI Pay Range? (I Refuse To Test First Without Knowing This)
Oct 05, 2010

Oracle does not reply to emails with questions.  They evidently only want you to fill in the blanks at their website. I refuse to spend my valuable time testing only to find out they start you at 7 cpl or some other ridiculous rate.  Can anyone tell me what they pay for an experienced IC MT?  0.09? 0.10? ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

30% Nuance Clients Refuse Offshore Transcription
May 17, 2015

and the other 70% are in for a very rude awakening. ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...

What's Up Today? Sm
Mar 20, 2014

I have not received 1 email with account status updates, stupid "joke of the day", tip of the day or error emails. Also, none of the TMs are on. ...

Today Was My Last Day As An MT
May 22, 2014

After over 25 years as an MT, I'm not going to lie, I am a little sad. However, MT is not what it used to be. It served me well for about 20 years or so before it started to go south. I did manage to avoid VR, but it was only a matter of time.  I recently completed school (again) and I am starting a new career. I know many people think it can't be done on the wages MTs have been reduced to, but I am living proof that it actually can! I continued working as an MT while I was in sc ...

Today Is
Nov 30, 2014

I am offically sick of inconsiderate dictator day. They are being held accountable for their poor dictations with blanks, blanks, and more blanks.. I am done!!! ...

Anyone Else OOW Today?
Dec 10, 2014

Suddenly my account has gone dry.  My TSM's excuse is they are too heavily staffed on 1st shift...yeah, right.  I just checked for the heck of it and still nothing.  The account I am on begins with an E and is a hospital in PA.  Wow, just wow. ...

I Just Don't Know If I Can Do This Today. Nm
Feb 25, 2015

nm ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...

Once Again, No Work Today....
Oct 19, 2009

Thi s is getting so old. I can't live off NOTHING. ...

Has Anybody Else Gotten Emails Today From Their CTL
Nov 16, 2009

Has anybody else gotten emails today from their CTL.  I have gotten 4-5 of them so far from both CTLs in my area.  I thought this position was suppose to have been eliminated.  I wonder if they had a change in plans? ...

Please Tell Me I'm Not The Only One Without Work Today? Sm
Nov 30, 2009

This is my first year working at home for a company (I worked as an MT for 6 years in a hospital) so I am new to all this not having work stuff.  No work over the weekend and today.  Is this normal?  This never happened to me at the hospital.  Now I am freaking out! ...