A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Okay, what's up with this auto save thing - CyberlandMT

Posted: Sep 17, 2010

Have had absolutely NO problems with the new 6.1 DQS until today and then right in the middle of a long staight type report (wouldn't you know) everything started locking up. I looked down at task bar and saw a message that said virus scan windows workstations (group task) was running and then auto-save kicked in every few minutes. Finally managed to struggle through it and then logged out. I can't afford to sit there and not be to perform adequately while the clock is ticking away. Anyone else with this problem? Saw an email about sending diagnostic reports (after I had shut down). Guess I was supposed to do that? hmmm. Everything was working so good!!

Autosave - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you figure out how to disable this Autosave thing, please let me know. It is driving me nuts. Only been since the 6.1 upgrade.

virus scan - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
this happened to me last night at about 7:15 p.m. my time and today, as of 5:45 p.m. it is still scanning. So, what is the deal?

Similar Messages:

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

OMG Think Of All The $$$ MQ Could Save If We
Nov 14, 2011

used those little emoticon thingies.  I don't know many of them, but I understand there are dozens.  These could obviously be used in our reports so we don't get paid for actual words... If prognosis is guarded, use that little frownie face. That heart thing could be used for dozens of things. Wow, docs could just use their "smart" phones to enter gibberish abbreviations and signs and MQ could just have us edit them for no money whatsoever. What's the world coming to ...

Please Help: Is There A Way To Save Your
Dec 08, 2014

the last time my computer crashed I lost them ALL and I am now in the process of re-entering them...wow it's so much work.  I am kicking myself for not figuring out how to save them before, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!  ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...

How Much Should Indendent Contractors Save...
May 14, 2010

From each paycheck? Is it 15%? I might be becoming one. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Save Something As Bolded In Shorthand?
May 21, 2010

I figure there must be a way.  Thanks for any help. ...

How Do I Save My Expansions So They Will Not Be Lost
Sep 07, 2010

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost.  I have some save on a thing I bought at Wal-Mart, but back in the days when 1-800 Dictate was a real help, they saved it for me.  I do not remember how to do it.  TIA. ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...

Multitasking.... To Save One's Sanity
Mar 10, 2012

"I was able to do 20 outstretched arm circles while waiting for my slower-than-molasses-in-Januay demographic field to load!"  That's what one lucky MT had to say after reading and implementing, Easy Tips from a Deranged Medical Transcriptionist. Yes, you can mix your work and exercise and other household chores whilst keeping your sanity at the same time with these nifty suggestions.  Who wouldn't want to keep her houseshold running smoothly whilst waiting f ...

Save Your Job- Sign This Petition
Nov 20, 2012

As many of you know, EMR companies charge fees upwards of 15,000 dollars to allow transcription companies to integrate with them. This barrier to entry will lead to us all being replaced by voice recognition or point and click unless we all do something. There is no reason transcriptionists can not co-exist with EMR's. Doctors still need someone to type their records up for them. It is simply a faster and a more efficient use of resources to keep us in the loop. Eliminating these EMR fees ...

Any Way To Save Shorthand Entries?
Aug 12, 2013

Is there any way to save all those entries that are now in the Shorthand system (which I suspect will be removed when my Nuance software is removed on my last day)? ...

They Are Trying To Save A 100% ESL Account I Work On
Mar 28, 2015

I have never been on an acct where every report is impossible to understand and the style is so reckless and non caring on the part of the dictator. I feel like I am in a Third World country. Please don't call me a bigot (as I have been before) for complaining about the sad state of dictating. I had an Asian pediatrician when my children were young and because I couldn't understand every word had to ask the nurse or receptionist to read from the file because I did not want to hurt his ...

Docuscribe Shortcuts-Do They Really Save Time
Apr 05, 2012

I am using some of these but still use the mouse.  Does everyone else do this or do you find that it is more productive to use all those shortcut keys? Thanks so much.  Going broke here. ...

Whitehouse Petition To Save Our Jobs
Jan 29, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

Way To Save Voice Files In EBTXT?
Jul 21, 2013

I work on eBTXT and am told there is no way for me to relisten to the audio after it goes to QA, but of course my TSM can, which gets me nowhere.  Is there a way to save the voice file to my computer?  I would of course delete any patient demographics.  I hate not being able to relisten to my reports that QA reviewed, especially since they're just guessing and changing what they want.  I haven't been able to locate anywhere on my computer where files are stored even ...

QCs, Save Your Grid-related Emails
May 20, 2015

to your desktop, save any old performance reports to show changes that happen before and after, anything showing changes in pay before and after, before you get locked out of email.  This "Grid Scandal" has Class Action Suit written all over it.  When you are finally forced out for "nonperformance" then you have a paper trail.  Nuance is going to unleash the full fury of QA upon us to catch every misplaced comma in order to dock our pay as much as they can, and when you are finall ...

Voice Recognition - What Shortcuts Can Be Used To Save Time?
Mar 06, 2010

I am now switching to cpl from an hourly rate.  What short cuts can be used to save time?  Wondering about voice recognition to be used by a transcriptionist! Has anyone heard of a transcriptionist using this type of software to complete reports faster and then editing these as you listen??? Just wondering!   ...

Fabulous Way To Save Money On Coding Books!
Aug 16, 2012

Now that I have your attention . . .it is THAT TIME of year again.  Before you order your 2013 code books, remember that there is only one ICD-9 diagnosis code change for 2013.  You do not need to buy a new book this year.  Just get the change from the CDC website and add it by hand.  Same with the procedures. There will be a gazillion CPT changes, sad to say, so get a head start on those.  The CPT books should be available soon, if not already.  The AMA publishes ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Changing From Office 2007 To 2003 And How To Save Autocorrect For That.
Jun 12, 2011

I am currently running microsoft professional 2007 and will be changing to MS professional 2003 due to a job change.  I did some searches on how to copy my current auto-text (but sounds too confusing to me) and transfer to MS professional 2003.  Is there a way to do this that is not too complicated to explain?  Also, I do not have a flash drive, so can I copy this on a CD and then transfer to 2003.  Thanks for any help. ...

How Do You Change/save Settings For The Default Document That Opens In Word 7?
Mar 14, 2010

I just installed MS Word 2007 & (an upgrade from 2002). I want the default document to be in a particular color & I can't seem to get it to work. I know I can just change the Page Color in Print Layout once the document opens but I want it to be my default color for every document & not have to make that change each time I open a new document. I have tried everything I can think of & I know it shouldn't be this difficult (& very well may not ...

To Do Auto Numbering In DQS,
Jan 20, 2010

I remember our CCM telling us a while back to do something like put the number sign at the beginning of each item and it would automatically convert to numbering when it uploads?  Does anyone know exactly what we're to put?  A number sign, period, and 2 spaces? ...

Please Help Me With Auto Correct....
Jan 22, 2010

It is suddenly not working. Is there some way it can get turned off?  Thanks. ...

DQS Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

How do you turn off auto correct in DQS. Starting a new job Monday and plan on using SH so do not want the Auto Correct.  Job not at MQ. Seems I've come full circle since working at home. Started out with a compahy bought by MQ, using DQS. Left and now back using it again 7-8 years later.  Not sure if that is good or bad. Thanks for the help. ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...

Turning Off Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Auto Correct. Will be starting a new job Monday and using SH, not Auto Correct.  Thanks! ...

Question Regarding Auto Correct
Feb 10, 2011

Is it possible to transfer/copy/move my auto correct entries from my Windows XP (2002 or 2003) desktop to my Windows 2010 laptop?  TIA very much.  ...

Transfer My Auto Correct
Oct 01, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my auto corrects from my computer to the computer of my employer? ...

Auto Back Space
Jan 21, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust this thing?  Thanks! ...