A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Way to save voice files in eBTXT? - Without px demos of course

Posted: Jul 21, 2013

I work on eBTXT and am told there is no way for me to relisten to the audio after it goes to QA, but of course my TSM can, which gets me nowhere.  Is there a way to save the voice file to my computer?  I would of course delete any patient demographics.  I hate not being able to relisten to my reports that QA reviewed, especially since they're just guessing and changing what they want.  I haven't been able to locate anywhere on my computer where files are stored even temporarily, not the voice files or the completed document. We need all the backup we can get!  Thanks!

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you! - ex-NN

[ In Reply To ..]
If I recall, there is a folder somewhere where you can access the wav file (/Nuance/temp maybe?), but the wav file disappears as soon as you submit the job. You have to copy the wav file to another location before you submit the job if you want to listen to it later while reviewing your QA feedback. Of course, you understand this practice WOULD be frowned upon. Not to mention it is also a hassle to do (but if you have a difficult dictator, there is no better way to learn than having the audio available with your feedback). Make sure to delete and permanently wipe the wav file as soon as you review your QA!

LOL! Thank you! - Will check it out! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Most welcome.... - ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Voice Recognition - What Shortcuts Can Be Used To Save Time?
Mar 06, 2010

I am now switching to cpl from an hourly rate.  What short cuts can be used to save time?  Wondering about voice recognition to be used by a transcriptionist! Has anyone heard of a transcriptionist using this type of software to complete reports faster and then editing these as you listen??? Just wondering!   ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Voice Files, Players
May 02, 2011

Hello, This is for the small MTSO or MT who serves a few clients: Which method are you using for accessing digital audio files?  If FTP. are the dictators downloading them on your website or are you accessing them from theirs?   Anyone here using one of the services for this?  If so, which one and how is the cost working out? Also was interested in info on transcribing/player software, particularly QuickScribe.  Thanks. ...

DSS And DS2 Format Voice Files.
Jun 14, 2012

Hi:  For those MTs using the above, what do you all use?   Thanks ...

DROPBOX VOICE FILES
Jan 06, 2015

I am testing for a company and not familiar with dropbox.  I have gear player and I am trying to get the voice file from dropbox to load into it but cannot.  How do I get voice files from dropbox top play.  Thanks!!! ...

Voice Files...dictation Line
Oct 18, 2010

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the easiest method to use for obtaining voice files. Would it be to have the doctor dictate and then upload to an FTP site? I think he was hoping for a phone line. Does anyone use a phone system in their home for the docs? If so, what is it? Thanks for any info. ...

Transferring Encrypted Voice Files
Feb 02, 2012

I transfer encrypted voice files with winzip through gmail. I am having problems getting them go through with their recent changes. Is there another HIPPA  compliant program or way to transfer these files? Thanks ...

SoftScript Voice Files Freezing
Oct 03, 2012

Anyone working at SoftScript having trouble with voice files freezing up.  Just trying to figure out if this is my PC or a global problem.  Thanks. ...

FTP - Send Digital Voice Files Safely?
Sep 05, 2012

I am looking for a way to have my docs send digital voice files safely???       ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Voice Files In Futurenet This Morning?? Nm
Apr 13, 2013

.. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

Testing Voice Files With Patient Information?
Jun 11, 2013

Anyone click on the Documed link for testing. They have voice files with patient's names and one even has date of birth, along with physician's city and state location. Doesn't this push the envelope for HIPAA regulations? Just seems wrong to me. ...

Synernet Testing.. Can't Get Voice Files To Play
Jun 10, 2015

One of those MTtest sites.  Called their help desk and they said a lot of people have trouble, not to worry and try this.   I tried that.  Nothing.  They said to call back and they would work it out.  I don't know if this is worth it.  The testing portions were fine, went quickly but just trying to get the transcription part up is time consuming and frustrating.  Anyone else have problems with this? ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Lph On Ebtxt
Apr 24, 2013

Is anybody meeting the required 186 lph? Is anybody exceeding it? If you are please tell me how you do it. I'm desperate. ...

Does Anyone Else Have Problems With EBTXT
Apr 22, 2013

running correctly with Windows 7.  For some reason, it won't upload jobs. ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Today Working On EBTXT Has Been Better Than The
Mar 26, 2013

practice job yesterday.  At least all of my hair is still intact, lol.  It does get easier as I go and, hopefully, will become second nature. ...

Does EBTXT Ever Get Better? Starting My Third Week
Apr 08, 2013

and dislike it more than I did the very first day.  Is anybody really making more than they did before? ...

Nuance MTs Actually Prefer The New EBTXT To The Old One? 
May 17, 2013

Do any of you Nuance MTs actually prefer the new eBTXT to the old one?  I definitely miss many of the features of the old platform.  Wondering if it's just me. ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

OMG Think Of All The $$$ MQ Could Save If We
Nov 14, 2011

used those little emoticon thingies.  I don't know many of them, but I understand there are dozens.  These could obviously be used in our reports so we don't get paid for actual words... If prognosis is guarded, use that little frownie face. That heart thing could be used for dozens of things. Wow, docs could just use their "smart" phones to enter gibberish abbreviations and signs and MQ could just have us edit them for no money whatsoever. What's the world coming to ...

Please Help: Is There A Way To Save Your
Dec 08, 2014

the last time my computer crashed I lost them ALL and I am now in the process of re-entering them...wow it's so much work.  I am kicking myself for not figuring out how to save them before, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!  ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...

How Much Should Indendent Contractors Save...
May 14, 2010

From each paycheck? Is it 15%? I might be becoming one. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Save Something As Bolded In Shorthand?
May 21, 2010

I figure there must be a way.  Thanks for any help. ...

How Do I Save My Expansions So They Will Not Be Lost
Sep 07, 2010

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost.  I have some save on a thing I bought at Wal-Mart, but back in the days when 1-800 Dictate was a real help, they saved it for me.  I do not remember how to do it.  TIA. ...