A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost - Nature

Posted: Sep 07, 2010

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost.  I have some save on a thing I bought at Wal-Mart, but back in the days when 1-800 Dictate was a real help, they saved it for me.  I do not remember how to do it.  TIA.

Same boat. Mine had on-line and help#. - Forgetful

[ In Reply To ..]
when I first set it up. I tried to do a backup to it recently and maxed it out. Think I removed some stuff last night from it. Mines a sandisk U3 and has tutorials and websites, and help #. You might be able to go a search and find your way to some help. or might just end going around in circles. You could send a message to QCare and maybe somebody will help you. I can't get my printer to work and I guess I have to fix it or buy another one cause they just kind of don't think that's important or their problem, but I have so many other problems with this system if I can just keep the basics operating I guess I'm OK with that. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Expansions Gone
Jan 05, 2010

Just back to work today after a couple of days off and found out we enter a new location to access work.  The problem is my expansions are not there anymore.  Anyone have any idea how to move the expansions when logging into a new area?  Thanks for any help.     ...

EXPANSIONS
Feb 19, 2015

Help!!! My expansions are not working.....Tried F2....please help as I don't want to call IT....Thanks. ...

Transfer Fo Expansions
Jan 03, 2010

Is there anywhere to get the instructions on transferring expansions?  I am in SA4, instructions did not transfer.....support is too busy, was told they will call me......yeah.....like whenever they get around to it......afterr all the other calls regarding the same problem.  I am trying to work without expansions and adding them as I go along!!!  Any help out there?  Would be appreciated!!!! ...

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

Expansions In Headings.
Sep 06, 2010

Has anyone else noticed that expansions do not work within headings??? ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Expansions In DocQscribe
Apr 13, 2011

I accidentally turned off expansions in DocQscribe and don't know how I did it.  Can anyone tell me how to turn them back on.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know How To Copy Expansions?
Apr 18, 2011

Would like to copy my expansions, if anyone knows how.  Thanks! ...

Disappearing Expansions
Apr 28, 2011

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing disappearing expansions? It seems that almost everyday I run across something that I could have sworn had an expansion, but it's no longer there. Is it my imagination?? ...

Expansions Not Working
Jul 28, 2011

I've been having trouble with DQS all morning, and now my expansions aren't working.  Does anyone know what could cause this and, more importantly, how to get them back?  Thanks!   ...

Suggestions For Date Expansions
Nov 12, 2009

I recently acquired a dictator who wants multiple dates in EVERY report.  In the past I had just typed out entirely.  I am sure there must be better short cuts for doing this than I am able to think of.  Any (alpha only)  suggestions appreciated.  IT is my expander.   Thanks! ...

Deleting Unused Expansions..
Nov 18, 2010

How does one delete the many unused expansions from old accounts when NOT working in DocQscribe??  Do you log in and check that little box that says something about no audio??  I have soooo many I don't use anymore just taking up space.... ...

Possible To Print Out A List Of Your Expansions
Oct 26, 2012

Would anyone know if it is possible to print out a list of your expansions ? ...

Anyone On Here That Saves A Ton Of Expansions, Etc. That Had Any Trouble Loading
Mar 30, 2014

your profile when you switched computers.  I have loads of things saved from different hospitals and hope they come back up okay when I switch over to a new computer.  I have my own computer. ...

OMG Think Of All The $$$ MQ Could Save If We
Nov 14, 2011

used those little emoticon thingies.  I don't know many of them, but I understand there are dozens.  These could obviously be used in our reports so we don't get paid for actual words... If prognosis is guarded, use that little frownie face. That heart thing could be used for dozens of things. Wow, docs could just use their "smart" phones to enter gibberish abbreviations and signs and MQ could just have us edit them for no money whatsoever. What's the world coming to ...

Please Help: Is There A Way To Save Your
Dec 08, 2014

the last time my computer crashed I lost them ALL and I am now in the process of re-entering them...wow it's so much work.  I am kicking myself for not figuring out how to save them before, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.  Any advice would be so very appreciated!!!  ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...

How Much Should Indendent Contractors Save...
May 14, 2010

From each paycheck? Is it 15%? I might be becoming one. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Save Something As Bolded In Shorthand?
May 21, 2010

I figure there must be a way.  Thanks for any help. ...

Okay, What's Up With This Auto Save Thing
Sep 17, 2010

Have had absolutely NO problems with the new 6.1 DQS until today and then right in the middle of a long staight type report (wouldn't you know) everything started locking up. I looked down at task bar and saw a message that said virus scan windows workstations (group task) was running and then auto-save kicked in every few minutes. Finally managed to struggle through it and then logged out. I can't afford to sit there and not be to perform adequately while the clock is t ...

Save Me From Myself! (Rant Ahead)
Feb 24, 2011

This particular doc is super-annoying. He word salads/mumbles/sputters/, says things he thinks are funny and then laughs at his own "joke" (as in "I told the patient not to set himself on fire again while smoking crack heh-heh-heh"), and tonight he clearly and deliberately enunciated a phrase and then said, "I thought you people would have gotten this by now." WTF??? Among other things, this guy could not key in the correct number of a report if there were only 1 button on hi ...

Multitasking.... To Save One's Sanity
Mar 10, 2012

"I was able to do 20 outstretched arm circles while waiting for my slower-than-molasses-in-Januay demographic field to load!"  That's what one lucky MT had to say after reading and implementing, Easy Tips from a Deranged Medical Transcriptionist. Yes, you can mix your work and exercise and other household chores whilst keeping your sanity at the same time with these nifty suggestions.  Who wouldn't want to keep her houseshold running smoothly whilst waiting f ...

Save Your Job- Sign This Petition
Nov 20, 2012

As many of you know, EMR companies charge fees upwards of 15,000 dollars to allow transcription companies to integrate with them. This barrier to entry will lead to us all being replaced by voice recognition or point and click unless we all do something. There is no reason transcriptionists can not co-exist with EMR's. Doctors still need someone to type their records up for them. It is simply a faster and a more efficient use of resources to keep us in the loop. Eliminating these EMR fees ...

Any Way To Save Shorthand Entries?
Aug 12, 2013

Is there any way to save all those entries that are now in the Shorthand system (which I suspect will be removed when my Nuance software is removed on my last day)? ...

They Are Trying To Save A 100% ESL Account I Work On
Mar 28, 2015

I have never been on an acct where every report is impossible to understand and the style is so reckless and non caring on the part of the dictator. I feel like I am in a Third World country. Please don't call me a bigot (as I have been before) for complaining about the sad state of dictating. I had an Asian pediatrician when my children were young and because I couldn't understand every word had to ask the nurse or receptionist to read from the file because I did not want to hurt his ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Docuscribe Shortcuts-Do They Really Save Time
Apr 05, 2012

I am using some of these but still use the mouse.  Does everyone else do this or do you find that it is more productive to use all those shortcut keys? Thanks so much.  Going broke here. ...