A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OMG its NOT brain stem, its freaking brainstem - Im fed up

Posted: Apr 08, 2012

this is ridiculous

Same here - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this boils down to the personal preference of the MME. Which ever way I type it, I get dinged. Can't win.

No I fight every ding I know I am right on - Im sure QA hates me but

[ In Reply To ..]
whats right is right...This is just repeatedly printed out in ASR..another to add to the list of things that need to be corrected..belive it or not, they thanked me, actually fixed my last group, sent a CC to my manager who also thanked me..Maybe there is hope.

I have the same problem with disc/disk. I get - dinged for both. This garbage -s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
serves only one purpose - to keep our pay low, and to keep QA's employed.

OMG its NOT brain stem - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
It is brain stem in my Dorland's word book, which I have been using for the past 20+ years. Along with guide wire, which was changed by QA a few months ago. If I find it in my word book then I do not look any further. Maybe in the Style book it is brainstem, but I cannot possibly second guess everything I have typed and look in the Style guide. It has never been been corrected in 20 years, I will go with what I learned earlier on.

Stedmans has it one word,,it is a noun - you dont split nouns

[ In Reply To ..]
x

but further checking I see either is acceptable - how stupid

[ In Reply To ..]
Stedmans has a whole list of brainstem things, brainstem abnormality etc...but at the top it says brainstem and in red brain stem, which I assume means is acceptable? usually that slot is reserved for the plural form of words.

Similar Messages:

Brainstem Or Brain Stem?
Apr 29, 2011

It is 1 or 2 words?  I find data to support both.  The context in which it is used is "brain stem infarction." ...

Freaking Out...
Aug 31, 2010

About the "federally-mandated electronic medical record" - My transcription company of course is not saying anything about this, but I've heard the rumors about this taking effect in 2011 or 2012.  I've also heard that my MT job will be essentially "wiped out."  I really need to get some accurate info on this...I can't seem to find anything on it that a) I can understand, or b) can trust as a reliable resource!  Does anybody know anything about this?  Thanks so ...

Med-acto-stem?
Jun 02, 2014

Patient has left hip OA: "I put in the final polyethylene for 36 mm inner diameter head to match the 56 cup. A size 2 'med-acto-stem' was then carefully pounded into the femur and once it was fully seated I double checked my rotation, double-checked the axial stability, both of which were fine and ended up using a +4 36 mm ceramic head." TIA ...

I'm Freaking Ooooout!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2009

There is no work for me!  My company has had no work for me in about a month.  Nothing.  I have been applying online for transcription jobs and also out in the workplace for "regular" jobs.  No callbacks, just a few fishy e-mails.  I'm freaking out because I'm running out of money!!     Then there are people who post things like stop complaining...well I have to get this out or I feel like I want to die.  The only thing I have going for me righ ...

Kinda Freaking Out
Dec 16, 2011

I got a message from the boss asking me to call her. She never leaves a message like that.  She wants to talk to me about my work.  I am really anxious.  I know it will not be good news based on past conversations with her.  I hope I am not losing my job. ...

Bladder S/l Stem? Stim?
Jul 23, 2013

She does have a bladder (s/l stem? stim?) for diabetes-related neuropathy of the bladder, she describes.  Therefore, she has been unable to get an MRI. Pt is seeing a neurologist for movement disorder (shaking legs) and had gallbladder surgery. ...

Incentive-whoop De Freaking Do!
Oct 08, 2010

Same old stupid incentive, same old 3 cents a line above and beyond your magic number.  Think I will pass on this one too.  Good luck to those of you who choose to participate, I leave you all the work I won't be doing! ...

Coding Student, Freaking Out
Sep 12, 2013

I am a new coding student -- having taken three classes so far.  I was understanding everything, I thought, pretty well, and while I was not always able to get the right code, I always knew what I had done wrong.  But now V codes.  I can't find anything.   I don't even know what words to look up.   I feel like I'm lost.  Will this get easier?  I'm getting so discouraged.    ...

I Think It's Hilarious ...the POD Mistresses Are Freaking Out
Dec 29, 2014

I think it's hilarious for almost the entire POD management team to be begging so hard for extra help right now, with over *half* of our jobs out of TAT.  Each one of them have sent repeated emails this morning calling for "all hands on deck", and the POD mistress even sent one last night at midnight.  I'm just sitting here ... humming to myself, sipping my coffee, working at normal speed ... watching the entire team totally freak out.  It's kind of fun watching the ...

S/l Beedamitco Porous Coated Stem
Apr 21, 2010

Doing a total hip replacement and can't find this stem.  It sounds phonetically like beetamitco.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance! ...

Corail, Size 11, Coxivera Stem
Feb 28, 2011

Total hip replacement.  Under instrumentation he says: A femoral stem Corail, size 11, "coxivera" stem, press-fit The acetabular components is a Pinnacle cup, size 56 with "Altrex" Im at a loss. =( ...

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Can I Just Say What A Freaking JOKE Speech Recognition Is?
Mar 20, 2012

I work for a hospital that has been using the Dictaphone speech the last couple of years.  We were told how our production was just going to increase and how it was going to be WONDERFUL.  My production is still where it was two years ago and I would be better off typing each report.  Sorry for the ranting, but while working this evening, I just got set off by the following: "SOCIAL HISTORY:  He is down to 15 cattle formally worked as a strips all conservation engineer. &nb ...

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?! Mandatory OT ANOTHER WEEK?!
Apr 13, 2015

I'm about to snap, I'm so stressed & drained.  My arms and hands are killing me.  I just can't keep doing this crap, for God's sake.  Maybe it's a good week to call in sick. ...

I Still Don't See A Freaking Swap Board In Schedule Source
Mar 17, 2010

x ...

Previous Surgery - Appendectomy With S/l Stem-peed Extraction
Aug 25, 2011

x ...

Totally Randon Post -- Spring Has Sprung And I Am So Freaking
Mar 20, 2014

happy!  I absolutely hate winter and I live in the South!  I just feel better when the weather is warm and sunny!  Hope it is changing for y'all wherever you are!  Gettign all my flip-flops out ~ whoohoo ...

History Of Dilated Cardiomyopathy Of Unclear Etiology And S/L En-stem-y With Development Of CHF.
Oct 30, 2009

TIA :-) ...

"ANBL00P 0532 " Trial For Stem Cell Transplant. ??
Jun 09, 2011

PT with metastatic neuroblastoma placed on peripheral blood stem cell transplant, as enrolled on the ANBL00P 0532 and randomized to the single transplant arm.  ...

Hip Arthroplasty S/l "Ko-ri" Stem
Nov 10, 2009

s/l "Ko-ri" stem.  Thank you!! ...

Brain CT
Dec 16, 2009

the doctor is talking about CT brain and says "Dr. _____ did find evidence of fat densities within the falks." I cannont find this work anywhere. Does anyone know what this word should be? ...

From MRI Of The Brain......
Feb 09, 2010

There is adjacent white matter edema and _______ effacement. This sounds like sukel?  ...

Need A Brain, Please
Jul 30, 2010

I found a brain cell!! ...

Brain Fog
Feb 10, 2011

Total brain fog this morning...  Doc says "+1 pitting edema of the ankles". Doc is from south africa if that helps.  Do I write it as +1 or 1+? TIA ...

MRI Of The Brain Sm
May 05, 2011

Sounds like stesias in the right side of the body.  Questioning stesias. ...

Brain MRA
May 20, 2011

There is a _______ supply of the right posterior cerebral artery and a tiny retention cyst is noted within in the left maxillary sinus.   Blank s/l fetal or feeble.  Any ideas?  ...

Brain MRI
Jan 11, 2012

There were also (sounds like presenteric) signal changes involving the basal ganglia ...

Brain Rot?
Dec 26, 2012

me? I am working MT part time and another job part time and can't remember ANYTHING at my other job. I am wondering if maybe I am just too used to being able to look things up at my fingertips or if editing has made my memory more reliant on recognition versus more active remembering, or maybe I'm just overloaded. Anyone else noticed memory problems developing in this business? ...

Brain Dead Here
Nov 23, 2009

This is a burn patient.  The coctor states that the percentage of body area burned is 19 and a 1/4 percent.  How would you transcribe 19 and 1/4 percent?  19.25?  ...

Having A Brain Cloud
Dec 10, 2009

Ever have one of those days when you just cant think? Doing a report and for some reason I am not sure what header to put hypertension under in the review of systems. Help??? Thanks ...