A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal to double production in Mysore, India - anon

Posted: Aug 13, 2014

See link

sorry - link hopefully - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.pharmabiz.com/NewsDetails.aspx?aid=83490&sid=2

Such great news for us in the U.S. (not!). Thx for sharing, tho'. nm - Mysore bottom

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lol. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that's how you do it -- see msg - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Declare bankruptcy, get your debts erased, then spend the money you've been squirreling away to build new production facilities in India. When will the US learn????

Apparently - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The US is going to impose some kind of penalities for out of country businesses..But there is a 6 month timeframe, so your gonna see a mass exodous before that time. Why not just lower the corporate tax rate US Government and then the companies would stay here...
Corporations already get huge breaks. Now they want slave labor wages too. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That's why they're going overseas -- cheap labor. Since the huge tax breaks didn't work, the real answer is huge penalties for outsourcing work & big tariffs for companies that want to bring cheap foreign crap over here instead of paying US factory workers a living wage.
US corporate tax rate is 35% - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Highest in the world..lower the rate and the business will return..oh yea and leave the stupid min wage where it is also.
That's before applying all the intentional loopholes.... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The ones with the most money in this country pay barely any taxes, and the entire burden falls on the middle class. That's the problem. As far as minimum wage, if grocery prices keep rising like they are, only the wealthiest will be able to afford meat as well if they don't raise minimum wage. Nearly $4 for a pound of ground chuck...
and if the min wage goes up - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
then everything will necessarily go up..Gas to ship it, prices in the stores because they have to pay employees more and pay more for shipping..Raising anything, is not the answer...lowering tax rates OR a flat tax with NO loopholes is..Then you can cut out all the do nothings at the IRS as well
The wealthy people who control our gov't will never let us have a - flat tax w/ no loopholes unfortunately. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Agree there power corrupts absolutely - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and if anyone thinks one side of our government is better than the other is an idiot..too much power, too much control..We are the modern day slaves, to keep them at the lifestyle they so like..
I predict the day is coming when the middle - class will refuse to pay taxes at all.
[ In Reply To ..]
With so many of us already out of the traditional employment loop, and earning a living by cash jobs, it's already beginning to happen.
I predict - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that the country will come to another war within as well.
I agree with you. - smsg
[ In Reply To ..]
You keep hearing about how overly-armed and militarized our local police forces are becoming, and not just in the inner cities, but also in the little towns in the middle of nowhere. The government is giving them surplus tanks, grenade-launchers, armored vehicles that can withstand a hit from IEDs, etc.

Those things aren't for arresting the guy up the street for growing pot, or the one across town for not paying child support. I think it's because our government is fully aware that the day is coming where we citizens try to overthrow it. I'm on the side of the citizens.
govt - tlc
[ In Reply To ..]
If you overthrow the government, then what? What would you change?
intentional looopholes - phatty
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly. I simply don't see how people have been surviving. Gasoline still remains above $3.00 and well the price of food keeps going up, too. Something has gotta give here pretty soon. As for outsourcing, who is REALLY benefiting from this?

MModal - kittylady

[ In Reply To ..]
To the poster who wants to leave minimum wage at the present rate. Have you worked for minimum wage and were able to afford an apartment, car to get to work, insurance, clothing, supporting your child?? Were you able to buy yourself clothes and winter coats?? How about paying for fuel oil or gas to heat your apartment??

Minimum wage is not a career - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it was meant as a stepping stone for better things..I have worked minimum wage as a teenager, then I went to college and found a better job, which I retired from and am back no basically working minumum wage again here..But that will change, back to college so I can earn as much as possible in 8 hours of my day

and this is what will happen if you raise it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
companies will just fire people and use machines

http://www.caintv.com/mcdonalds-now-testing-automate
The way I see that is, if they're not willing to - pay you a decent, living wage, then -
[ In Reply To ..]
you don't want that job anyway.

I face that every day in my ongoing job hunt. I live in a small town with nothing available here employment-wise. Several jobs have come up that I qualified for, would have enjoyed doing, but which paid only $10/hour. They were 40 miles away. I can do math. My math tells me it would pay for my gasoline, but not my rent. Or vice-versa. Not factored in is wear, tear and upkeep on my car. In order for me to take a job 40 miles away, I have to have a minimum of $17/hour to START. Since I can't pull a rabbit out of a hat along those lines, I'm already going the service-for-cash route locally. No IRS middleman.

low pay jobs - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Minimum wage jobs can also be supplemental jobs. It's better to have a choice than to have our jobs/professions disappearing to other countries.

minimum wage - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly the point. You cannot live on mininum wage. Maybe if your house is already paid for, but what about utilities, doctors visits, school clothes. I feel for any and everyone trying to make it on low-paying jobs. I have had to work 2 in the past, and have also had food stamps (that's right) while working for an MTSO. Really.

Her hubby probably pays for all that. Less- - than-min. MT wage is her fun-money.

[ In Reply To ..]

If your talking about me - Im divorced

[ In Reply To ..]
I am divorced, have been for years, got minumum child support (none now)..Raised 2 boys on my own..I get no alimony, I get no help, I have no inheritence..this is a second career for me. It used to be a good paying second career, not anymore. So Im going back to school and starting something else, since I am too young to totally retire.

Similar Messages:

The Plans Of MModal In India.
Sep 15, 2012

Speaking on the company’s India plans, Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, “During the company’s growth this past decade, India has remained central to delivering high value clinical documentation services to our U.S.-based customers. As M*Modal's business continues its pivot to embracing technology advances as a natural evolution of its service offerings, we anticipate significant increases in the volume of work flowing to India as pa ...

Check Out MModal, India
Nov 11, 2012

Search MModal, India and read what they offer as incentives to apply.  It will really p___ you off. ...

MModal India FREE INSURANCE
Nov 12, 2012

Unbelievable.  They get free insurance for themselves AND their families until the age of 80?  Check it out, you'll be shocked.  Hope you 300 chosen few bombard the town meeting with questions about why India employees get treated so much better than we do.  Why can't MModal care about it's employees in the United States?  It's shameful, they should be ashamed of themselves.  But then again, anything to make a buck, right?  Not that they pas ...

MModal India Perks And Why Indians Should Want To Work There.
Jan 17, 2013

I found this insulting. Employee Perks and Benefits Offered at M*Modal India: Employee-friendly compensation, benefits and incentive policies. Free medical insurance coverage for self and family, complete with Parents of the employee till the age of 80 years Free transportation Subsidized canteen facilities Gymnasium & Recreation facilities Monthly Reward and Recognition with cash bonuses Conducive work environment for faster growth Personal and professional learning & ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Double Pay Cut
May 31, 2010

It seems to me that when you pay "weighted lines" which equal about two thirds of lines actually produced, and then pay less for those weighted lines, it is a double cut in pay. They would already be paying less because of the "weighted lines", and then to pay less per line seems criminal.  Twice as productive should equate to twice as much pay.....I'm about to go under..... ...

Double J Or JJ Tube?
Mar 27, 2010

nm ...

Double-J Stent
Apr 19, 2010

double-J stent, Princess (?)  4.8 x 26 cm stent    he's not saying "princess"....is he ? ...

Double Standard
Mar 29, 2011

Time and time again it is reiterated the importance for us to remain professional, as we are a reflection of MQ.  For example, never say "poor dictator" because this may be insulting to the holy than thou doctor, PA or RN.  What about the annoying PA that constantly insults me by saying in middle of her dictation, "note to my typist."  And this is not insulting?  All the training, years of experience and BS I have to put up with to be called a "typist" repeatedly.  ...

Why The Double Standard
May 20, 2011

I read the job description for a production MT on the CBay India website and here are a few of the interesting requirements they must meet: Transcribing the given data for the day i.e. 450 to 900 lines per day as per the specified capacity of the MT. Production at least 75-80% accuracy in terms of medical terminology, American English, grammar, spellings, punctuation and formatting. Work closely with his/her QCE and making efforts consistently to upgrade his/her skills in terms of m ...

Double Words
Mar 26, 2015

Has anyone noticed that double words are not coming up on spell check any longer?  I can't find it anywhere to make it stop again at double words -- does anyone know how to do that?  Thanks! ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

CT Angio--double Surge?
Aug 06, 2010

This is an ESL and it sounds like he is saying "performed in the double-surge CT scanner," but I can't verify this anywhere.  Is this correct?  ...

Double S/l Eliga Clipped
Dec 17, 2010

The cystic duct is noted at the inferior portion of the infundibulum and is very small. This is double _____("eliga") clipped near the apparent junction of the common bile duct. ...

Double Words And Other Things
Apr 13, 2011

Thanks to all who replied.  I wonder if my spellcheck is even turned on because the double words are not being caught.  I have even wondered if the software is putting words in.  I've been transcribing for many years but only started SR.  I'm also worry that my brain is getting too old to spot discrepancies, yet in other areas of my life, errors jump out at me to the point of being almost an obsession.  Otherwise, being with MQ has been fine.   T ...

Double Check Or Doublecheck?
Jul 13, 2011

It is always one way or the other? Or is it like followup? ...

Double Click Does 2 Different Functions At Once!
Nov 30, 2012

In ASR, it will highlight the word you double click and also it will put the audio back to that point. In straight transcription, it will highlight the word and take the audio all the way back to the beginning. And they won't fix it! - because I am never to take my hands off the keyboard???!! I find mousing quicker to follow ASR. I've tried cursor tracking, but it rarely ends up exactly where I want and I either end up having to use the keyboard or mouse (depending upon ...

Does Anyone Actually Even Double Their Line Count Doing SR Work?
Aug 23, 2012

I am new to SR and not doing any better line count wise then I do straight typing?  Am I doing something wrong...I heard that your line count should double....help!!! ...

Another Reason For Dr's To Double-check Their Reports
Jul 19, 2013

This woman underwent 7 months of chemo for breast cancer and didn't even have it!! The dr. misread the PET CT scan - and what, no one else caught it in 7 months? I think this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as medical malpractice goes, and I don't think her settlement was near enough!! ...

Has Anyone Else Double Checked Their Line Counts Lately?
Oct 11, 2013

I used to have no problems getting 200+, now have all I can do to get 150 and have been written up for same.  I do not see any change on the policy.  Anyone else? ...

Inlay Or Onlay Double-J Stent?
Apr 30, 2015

I can only find confirmation for a Bard Inlay Optima double-J stent. The doctor is clearly saying Onlay Optima stent. Is there an Onlay Optima stent? TIA. ...

WMX/Nuance Insurance DOUBLE Rate For Zip Code!!
Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical ce ...

S/L Double-stemmed Brace For Subtalar Nonunion
May 29, 2013

s/l he is saying double-stemmed brace for subtalar nonunion.  I haven't typed since Sept of last year and I hope it comes back to me quickly.. any input appreciated.. ty~ ...

Experience With Double-monitor Computer Setups?
Apr 16, 2014

Have any of you worked on a computer set up with double monitors?  What are the benefits/drawbacks?  Would you recommend it as a personal investment for a remote coder?  How did your screen sharing function work; what do you keep on each screen?   Thanks for letting me pick your brains a little bit.  ...

Spell Check Not Catching Double Words
Apr 09, 2015

The spell check in Fluency is not catching/correcting the double words...Help...Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - Double Spacing Issue
Mar 04, 2010

I hope I have this on the right board.  I have a test to take in Microsoft word and it's "double spacing" and I can't see how to get it to single space.  Anyone know how???  Thanks in advance everyone. ...

Double Nitrogen Freeze Slip, Slick, Or Stick For Actinic Keratoses?
Jul 01, 2011

xx ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Placement Of "double Power" Hickman.
Feb 22, 2011

:) ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...