A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WMX/Nuance insurance DOUBLE rate for zip code!! - anon

Posted: Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical centers???

Try shopping for a private policy - hoping for better times

[ In Reply To ..]
I went shopping for a private policy for my son a couple years ago when they make the group insurance unaffordable to me. I found him a policy for $100 a month. Just because coverage through work is offered doesn't mean you have to take it or its the best deal. I think its crazy with as many employees they have they can't get a better deal with better rates, but if you can't afford it, shop around and maybe only cover yourself through work (which is obviously what they're trying to make us do).

better insurance rates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on the phone all morning, and just found a plan at 1/3 the cost, and the deductible and co-pay is better! Of course, we do not have any pre-existing conditions, my heart goes out to those who do! It is just crazy that as large as this company is, and with all of their money, that they can't offer us any better insurance!

another thing, have to enroll by 11/30, don't know pay changes until 12/1!! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What is wrong with these people!! Last day of open enrollment 11/30, BUT we don't know our pay changes until 12/1!!! Don't they get that with their pay changes, probably most cannot AFFORD their insurance!! I am glad I have no pre-existing conditions, this is CRAZY!!

I know!! It makes me furious! Cruel and unfair! - hateful people!

[ In Reply To ..]
The takeover was in JUNE, and they can't tell us our pay rate until the week after they force us to select benefits?!? Knowing darn well we're locked into those benefits until September. What sadist thought this happy little game up? The same person that lays awake thinking of new ways to demand freebies from us?

Higher insurance due to zip code? NOT TRUE. - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]
I copied and pasted this to our person in charge of benefits at Nuance. She said this is absolutely not true. Just wanted to let you know, to be helpful.

You must be misreading. I would check with benefits. nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

benefit rates SORRY CORRECTION! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked, the rate quoted in the e-mail was double, but it was for the MONTH, whereas the other rates quoted were amount deducted by pay check! I am so sorry!! I did not read it completely, saw the double amount and freaked!! At least 1 less thing to worry about! Thanks for your responses!

Similar Messages:

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

OT Rate Nuance
Sep 12, 2012

On looking at my pay stub, it looks like the OT rate is not time and a half, is this correct or am I reading this wrong?  Thanks. ...

What Is The Nuance VR Rate?
Dec 11, 2012

x ...

Nuance - Rate Of Pay
Nov 10, 2014

Hello - I am a long time salary employee for an orthopedic group that is laying off all inhouse transcriptionists and outsourcing to Nuance.  Does anybody know the production line rate of pay offered by Nuance?  ...

Insurance/Nuance
Nov 29, 2011

On our new insurance plan for employee only, I am getting major medical, dental, cancer, critical illness, accidental for about the same I was paying or a little less than before for major medical, dental and vision. However the rate for adding spouse or family or child went up. So my son is going to get his own plan which is cheaper than adding him to mine.  Also disability insurance is paid by the company on this plan.  Deductibles went up, mine is 2500, but that is going on througho ...

Wmx/Nuance Insurance
Aug 15, 2012

Okay we HAD to change our insurance when Nuance bought us out...and it was horribly expensive with a $2500 deductible.  They changed us in January, and I have just met that deductible. Well, guess what?  They "think" they informed us that the anniversary date would be  in August, and then the deductible starts OVER, and they are oh so sorry for this, but that is the way it is!!!  and "oh, we are all so sorry."  Well, I can't afford my medicine and can't afford ...

Nuance Med Insurance. Can You Tell Me Who They Use
Oct 22, 2012

no msg ...

Does Anyone Else Get Insurance Through Nuance?
Jan 06, 2014

Does anyone else get insurance through Nuance? I had downloaded and kept my coverage information (what is covered, percentages, etc), but lost it. Can anyone help with this? ...

Wmx/Nuance Upcoming Rate Changes
Nov 05, 2011

Shall we make our guesses?  Wonder if the new pay scale will be an across the board percentage reduction in rates or will everyone be moved to the bottom rate of 8 and 4?  What about the people recently hired who make 8 and 4?  Will they go even lower? My personal opinion (pure speculation on my part) is they might just reduce all shift differentials and perhaps jack with the incentive plan some more.  I know they were going to roll out this new pay scale soon, but the anti ...

Does Nuance Pay Hourly Rate?
Feb 10, 2012

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  I'd probably make more money hourly than this 4 cpl editing I have to do.  ...

Nuance Line Rate
May 28, 2013

I'm new to this board but have been working as an MT for many years in a rather unusual pay structure. I started out years ago with Medquist at something like 8 or 9 cents a line I think. I'd love to know what the going line rate is now as far as working for Nuance? TIA ...

Nuance Line Rate?
Jun 19, 2014

With 14 years' experience, what would the average line rate be for Nuance? Are QA paid line rate or hourly? ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Nuance Health Insurance
Nov 09, 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard this insurance plan (BC/BS?) does not cover primary care office visits until you reach a 2500 dollar deductible, no copay anymore, paying for the whole visit??  I thought all insurance companies had us pay a copay, not the whole cost of the office visit.  What about prescriptions, do we pay the full price for them now too, or is it still about a 15 dollar copay?  I am left wondering how they got this kind of insuranc ...

Best Option For Insurance Is With Nuance
Nov 07, 2013

I'm wondering what the best option for insurance is with Nuance.  It looks as though there is no co-pay for office visits, so I'm guessing I should do a HSA?  I really like having an office visit co-pay :( ...

Nuance Insurance Question
Jan 08, 2014

Are medications and doctor visits covered or are they part of what you have to pay until you hit deductible? ...

What Nuance Charges For Insurance
Jan 29, 2014

Does anybody know what nuance charges for insurance, parent/child or family?   TIA! ...

Nuance Dental Insurance
May 22, 2014

I am a new hire for Nuance.  Can someone tell me about the Nuance dental insurance?   The deductibles, the waiting period, pay for major procedures? ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

Can Someone Tell Me Current Line Rate For Nuance??
Nov 22, 2012

Just wondering what the current cpl for editing and transcribing is for Nuance.  I know what I make with Transcend and would like to keep it that way.  Hubby is out of work and I cannot afford a pay cut of any kind.  Peanut butter and jelly - it's what's for dinner!!!! :( ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

Hourly Rate For Editors At Nuance
Mar 05, 2013

Anyone know what the hourly rate is for editors at Nuance?  I don't want to waste time applying if not good.  Do you run out of work there?  ...

What's The Starting Hourly Rate For QA At Nuance?
Apr 16, 2014

x ...

Can Someone Update Me On Focus/Nuance Insurance
Feb 27, 2011

They used to have decent and affordable medical insurance but I thought I heard in January the cost went up substantially.  Is this true? and if so, does anyone know how much it is now for individual and family? ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Was Hoping To Get Health Insurance With Nuance, But...
May 30, 2012

I have been part time with Transcend for over 5 years now and no health benefits and now they are having open enrollment.  I thought Nuance would take that over and give PT people health insurance.  I guess that was being too hopeful, right?? ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Know Nuance Editor Pay Rate? Work Steady?
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

What Is Nuance's Standard Cpl Rate For Straight Typing?
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...