A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal plans to grow its presence in the city by creating hundreds of new jobs over the next 24 mon - betty

Posted: Dec 06, 2012

:(

http://www.ibtimes.com/press-release/20121206/mmodal-inaugurates-new-medical-transcription-center-my - betty

[ In Reply To ..]
India of course

Ugh...and why are people surprised the work is drying up? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
"Currently, M*Modal employs over 120 people in Mysore and plans to ramp up its headcount to 500 over the next 24 months."

M*Modal's India transcription delivery operations are currently comprised of 5,400 full-time employees in areas such as clinical documentation, quality assurance, software development and IT network operations. The company operates across 39 global delivery centers, including Mumbai, Mysore, Pune, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, and Nagpur, which are essential to its global operations."

"Head count". Pffftt! Yeah, to them MT's are just - warm bodies, not human beings. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Mysore, huh? - grits

[ In Reply To ..]
Something of mine is sore, too.

(disregard the Like on that link - my fingers have oppositional defiant disorder today, apparently)

makes me want to puke - no work for weeks

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate the life I thought I created for myself.

Such a sad thing! :( - sad

[ In Reply To ..]
not happy with losing work

wonder why they are still hiring - nowwhat

[ In Reply To ..]
I only worked for MQ for a couple of weeks after the Spheris buy-out but awhile back got an email asking me to test again for rehire. I tested again just for a hoot and now I'm getting 2 or 3 emails a day asking me to "self-schedule" a phone interview. Wonder what's up with that, if they have no work for their long-time employees?
Because - they
[ In Reply To ..]
are driving the long-time employees out of here at a quick rate and hiring new people that will work for anything and just be grateful for a job to edit their lousy ASR. They don't think they need us experienced folks, since they have India and VR. It's all about big profits for them. They don't give a rat's ass about quality, just quantity and big profits.
Yeah, why are they hiring? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It is odd that they are not only hiring but offering a sign-on bonus (yes, I know there is no way to actually get it), still it would indicate they really need people on the evening/night shift.

They pay production. Doesnt matter if 1 or 100 MTs do the - work, it still costs MM the same amt. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
it is odd in that - nowwhat
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't apply to them and never voluntarily would. I worked for Spheris for 8 years and pretty much bailed on MQ. Now they apparently scrounged up an old email and are kind of aggressively trying to get me to come back. It just makes me curious about why, if they've got everything so well covered, they are looking for rehires. Things that make you go "duh?"
I wonder why this sweatshop monopoly is even allowed - to do business in the US. ZERO morals!!
[ In Reply To ..]
MModal in India - outahere
[ In Reply To ..]
They aren't doing businees in the US, the US is doing business in India, Philippines and other countries in Asia. When all is said and done, what will Vern and his posse do for jobs? Of course, with a $1M bonus like Vern got a few months ago, he can do whatever he wants if, unlike those he threw under the bus (us) he doesn't have to do anything except go on a long, long vacation. I wonder if he and his posse get PTO?

What city? Bangalore? Shanghai? Manila? - (Snort, snort!) - Meerkat (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I strongly encourage everyone to use the ASK VERN link - and send him our concerns about this

[ In Reply To ..]
Even though in my experience he never answers the emails, we have a right to use that link and ask him questions about things that concern us.

If you never speak up or try to make a difference, you have no right to complain about what's happening.

ASK VERN - prissy

[ In Reply To ..]
I never heard of that. Where is that link?

Ask Vern...... - bshel

[ In Reply To ..]
I will and thank you for trying to make a difference.

Similar Messages:

Jobs At M*Modal
Jan 01, 2015

How do you apply to this company?  I do not see any space on their website.  Do they hire part time?  Is it possible to make $15 an hour here?  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Leftover Jobs From M*Modal
Oct 29, 2013

Is anybody else suspicious that their MTSO is getting leftover jobs from M*Modal?  ...

M*Modal (No Jobs Allocating)
Jun 09, 2015

I am a recent grad MT who just got hired on at M*Modal. All of a sudden the jobs dried up and now I'm sitting here on my hands waiting for something to download, but to no avail.  My anxiety is telling me that it is probably correlated to my doing a poor job, though I hope this is not the case.  Would anyone be aware of supervisors deliberately withholding jobs from lesser MTs, such as myself, in order to passively push them out the door? Feed my neurotic feeback loop! ...

Grow Up!
Jul 21, 2012

Given the increasing and ongoing trend to blast anyone who doesn't post a miserable comment/response, and thinking about the ADVICE given yesterday (which I obviously am having difficulty adhering to), I just want to tell those of you who persistently hold others accountable for YOUR stuff to just grow up. If someone posts they are doing well, just grow up.  Don't be so dang codependent that you can't have original feelings, that you can't imagine a world that exists be ...

New Job - Hundreds Of New Doctors For All Worktypes
Jul 17, 2012

I am an experienced transcriptionist and used to ESL and all work types.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed after being told I am going to be on a hospital account and will have to type 100s of doctors in all work types.  Is that really as scary as it seems to me?  I can imagine going all day w/o transcribing the same doctor twice.  Yet I'm supposed to meet production criteria.  If anyone has had an experience like this and ended up thriving, please share your wisdom ...

Hundreds Were Laid Off This Week.
Jul 26, 2013

Hundreds were let go this week.  One of the biggest weeks for layoffs.  Everyday someone is losing their job and has been going on since March/April, but this was the biggest week so far.  More and more accounts being offshored (like we did not know). Do not want to put fear in people or cause stress, but this is reality. ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

There Is Presence Of Mildly **cellulitic** Area Over The Left Knee
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Creating Normals In Meditech
Feb 01, 2012

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to create normals in Meditech?  I am trying to set up my normals for all the headings for each particular doctor so they will already be bolded.  It is time consuming bolding the headings.  Trying to figure out ways to be proficient, as my line minimum went up.   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   ...

Help Creating Jump Codes
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone help me set up a jump code in Word 2010? I knew how to do it in my Word 2003 but having trouble with the new version. I know its gotta be something simple I'm missing. I'm sooooooo frustrated! ...

New York City Or New York City
Dec 30, 2010

Patient traveled to New York City/city?  ...

Creating A Jump Macro On Radnet
Sep 20, 2010

I use Radnet...Can anyone tell me how to create and use a jump macro for this program?  I have asked at my company but no one knew what a 'jump macro' was.  Perhaps called something else?  I know how to do it in Word but havent figured it out yet for Radnet.  Thanks. ...

Creating Shortcuts In Fusion/Synernet
Jul 02, 2014

I am attemtping to create shortcuts for routinely used text (HPI - history of present illness...) in Fusion (Synernet), but the reference guide and card are not helpful. Can anyone please tell me (simply please!) how to create canned text in this program/platform? ...

Any Information On DTS Oklahoma City?
Sep 18, 2011

It says that the web site is under reconstruction. ...

Anyone From The Kansas City Area?
Mar 20, 2013

City Minimum Wage???
Jun 13, 2015

anyone out their getting city, not state minimum wage? ...

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Creating Jump Codes In Word 2010.
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to create a jump code in Word 2010? I downloaded the instructions for Word 2008 from this site and I can't get it to work. I normally have my jump macro as ALT-J which is supposed to jump to * and then delete it. Would be eternally grateful if you can help me with this. Hittin 30+ years in transcription . . . wish I could afford to retire!! :( Thanks again!!! ...

Lost State/city Listings Help.
Jan 17, 2010

I had trouble with my computer and have lost my listing site of states where I could get city names.  Does anyone have such a site and can you give me the site please.  Thanks ...

Everyone HAS To Choose One Of The 2 Plans? You Can't Opt Out?
May 18, 2012

x ...

Well.....just Compared Pay Plans
Dec 08, 2014

Approved time sheet for last week. Used the new pay plan to see the difference. I had over 99% and under 10%. Good thing because I MADE LESS MONEY with this new plan, almost $40. That's for 1 week. So multiply that by 4 weeks - $160 per month. I don't think so. Already took a pay cut by doing VR. Time to start sending out resumes. ...

Rigid Proctoscopy Confirmed The Presence Of A Lesion 4 Cm Above The "denty".
Jun 12, 2010

A colonoscopy demonstrated a 4 cm mass 2 cm from the anal verge.  Biopsy confirmed moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma.  Rigid proctoscopy confirmed the presence of a lesion 4 cm above the denty. ...

Tips On Creating An Online Medical Transcription Resume?
Nov 03, 2010

Can anyone give me tips on creating an online resume?  My first impression is important for this since I can't be there in person...Any help would be appreciated.  I am retired from my career, but took a course in medical billing and medical transcription so I could work from home in a rural area.  I have limited MT experience (1 year at a large company) but want to expand my workload a bit.  Help! ...

Nuance's New Benefit Plans...
Jan 12, 2011

As you all may know, Nuance (formerly known as Focus) has acquired Encompass and OSI companies.  So, we get this email today stating a company who formerly handled OSI's HR dept, payroll, benefits, etc. is going to now be handling ours (Nuance).  Well as a result, we are going with a different ins company for health benefits.  We previously had Blue Cross Blue Shield.  I was paying approx. $450 a month for family coverage, and it was a good plan.  Now, they are ...

The Plans Of MModal In India.
Sep 15, 2012

Speaking on the company’s India plans, Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, “During the company’s growth this past decade, India has remained central to delivering high value clinical documentation services to our U.S.-based customers. As M*Modal's business continues its pivot to embracing technology advances as a natural evolution of its service offerings, we anticipate significant increases in the volume of work flowing to India as pa ...

Phil Tells Me That There Are No Plans To
Mar 06, 2014

send out new computers when Microsoft ends its support of XP in April.  Just curious if that's what anyone else with an XP computer is hearing?? TIA ...

Coding Programs - Santa Barbara City College
May 20, 2010

I just registered for Santa Barbara City College's HIT program online.  Has anyone else taken their program?  I really needed to find a school that was accredited because I qualify for FAFSA to help me pay for it.  I looked into Andrews and also AHIMA, but all were WAY too expensive and you can't receive financial aid.  If anyone can give me information on the Santa Barbara courses, if you've taken it through them, please do!  Thanks!  (I'm ...

Professional/Social MT/Editor Groups In New York City
Dec 20, 2010

Hello, I am a medical transcriptionist and, lately, a medical editor who lives in New York City. I would like to meet fellow MTs/editors in my area for professional and social purposes. I am having a bit of trouble finding data on the Internet that points out MT groups (or even just individuals) in the NYC metro area. I was wondering if anyone had any information about such groups in NYC. Please let me know. Or, if you are an individual MT/editor who just wants to reach out and say "hell ...

CAREER STEP Payment PLANS?
May 09, 2010

If anyone has taken Career Step, do you feel you are being challenged and that it is worth the money? Do they have payment plans? ...

Transcend Plans To Offshore Even More Work
May 20, 2010

See article by AHDI:  [McGrogan] "... also reiterated Transcend's intention to increase the volume of work performed offshore." http://www.networkedblogs.com/3v3Dz?a=share&ref=nf P.S.  If the link doesn't take you directly to the article, look in the archives, post date 05/03/2010; "Transcend Services: Spheris Bid Attempt to Cost Additional $400K-$500K." ...