A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hundreds were laid off this week. - Who cares

Posted: Jul 26, 2013

Hundreds were let go this week.  One of the biggest weeks for layoffs.  Everyday someone is losing their job and has been going on since March/April, but this was the biggest week so far.  More and more accounts being offshored (like we did not know). Do not want to put fear in people or cause stress, but this is reality.

They were the - lucky ones.

[ In Reply To ..]
No matter what I do, I can never escape the damnation of MM!

I wonder if I'm next - no benefit letter, tons of errors recently

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I will be let go early next week. I'm scared to death.

I would not go there. Benefit letters were - ALWAYS late in my group.

[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, last one came in mail and then a month later received email about my benefit rate.

Sorry, but deleted post. Do not - want to cause fear.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is true though and it is a mess and backlogged for sending letters out.

i'm so confused. - what happened???

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yeah, kind of worried now! - What is going on?

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd rather know than not know, even if it is just a theory of what is going on!

Who cares - fancy pants

[ In Reply To ..]
Please let us know what you're talking about. We do care.

Where did you get your numbers/info? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That's what I was wondering. Only 2 people here said they were laid off - So would be interesting to know

[ In Reply To ..]
Where poster saw the info. If they really saw it at all.

Ha, do they even have "hundreds" of US MTs to - on the chopping block

[ In Reply To ..]
lay off.

do you really think that every employee posts here? - in reality, only a handful do

[ In Reply To ..]
So if a couple posted, it very well could be in the hundreds. The last time this happened in April, it seemed like under ten, but my TSM told me she had to let go of ten just in her BOB.

Hundreds? - No laid off

[ In Reply To ..]
I would also like to know where you are getting your numbers. I also wonder if you are aware that they are advertising form MTs on another job board. It makes no sense to lay people off and hire more, something is wrong with that picture.

I can - verify

[ In Reply To ..]
the person who posted knows what they are talking about. Many people post things and do not want to expose where they got the information. You can believe or not, but the information is true.

Give us a clue? Can you and/or the OP let us in - on where this comes from?

[ In Reply To ..]
We can be anonymous here, so can't someone in the know here just give us a teeny tiny clue as to source?
you - will
[ In Reply To ..]
just either have to believe it or not, but it was a reliable source.
doesn't surprise me - there are still
[ In Reply To ..]
There are still thousands of US MTs. Hundreds would sound about right. It really wouldn't make much impact to lay off 2 (or 20).

Of course - it

[ In Reply To ..]
does not make sense. You are dealing with MModal and nothing they do makes sense.

Yet they have a new job ad on the mt ad site.... - Doesnt make sense. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Makes sense to me. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Fire the top tier making the most money and hire new lower tiers making less money.

but look at posts below... - on the chopping block

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm making 10/6 and I'm still here. So are many others in this pay grade.

Makes more sense to ONLY KEEP tier 3 or just MMEs. Anything tier 1 and tier 2 can do, we can do. Why rely on a bunch of inexperienced newbies?

My bet is like what someone else posted earlier, eventually they will only have MMEs working for them.
I'm - a
[ In Reply To ..]
tier 2 and not an inexperienced newbie. I'm just not interested in tiering up to make even less money. I made more money as a tier 1 than a tier 2.
As did I, but I'm not calling all tier 1 and 2 MTs - on the chopping block
[ In Reply To ..]
newbies, I'm calling new hires newbies. I do understand a lot of tier 1 and 2 employees have great skills and years of experience, but I feel they all made a very grave mistake by not testing up when they could. Is a little more money for the short term better than less money for the long term? I still think that only tier 3 and MMEs, or even just MMEs will be working at Mmodal 12-18 months from now. As for myself, thank heaven, I'll be retired.
Do you do procedures, echos, EKGs, - tier 2 too
[ In Reply To ..]
and cardiac caths as a tier 2? I was always told tier 2 was no procedures or OPs but now my new TSM is having me do procedures and I am a tier 2. The only thing I don't do is OPs. The recruiter told me I wouldn't be doing procedures and OPs as a tier 2.
I do - everything
[ In Reply To ..]
except OPs. A long time ago I didn't, but that changed a few years ago.
Difficulty of ops is over rated. - on the chopping block
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll take an op over a genetics report any day.

I'll take an op over a mumbling mushmouth dictator any day.

I'll take an op over a very detailed, let's identify every single piece of equipment, cardiac cath any day.

If you think about it, if you do multiple hospitals, as we all usualy do, op reports will have fewer client specifications to worry about too.

Anway, I'm sorry for any tier 2s who are doing what they were told they would not be doing and now cannot test up. My word to the wise, when you can test up, do so.

I bet this current business may be about adding a tier 4 MT and lowering all the pay ranges for 1, 2, and 3.
I am - not
[ In Reply To ..]
saying I can't do ops or find them difficult, and I have no interest or intention on tiering up. I went from tier 1 to tier 2 and got a 10th of a cent raise, then they cut the pay across the board and I now make less as a tier 2 than a tier 1. The only thing I am interested in is getting out of this company, which I am working on. The big push for everybody to tier up makes me think they are going to cut rates again. They don't push people to improve themselves in order to help them.
OPs are the best work type out there. Those are where I make - my money. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Don't they already have a tier 4, its called MME. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure some fabulous surprises await us when they are finished "assessing" the tiers in 3 months.

Tier 4 was supposed to be for ops alone. - on the chopping block
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know what happened to that idea. I make most of my money on ops too. That clearly shows Mmodal has no idea what transcription is like, if they think ops are the hardest.

Similar Messages:

New Job - Hundreds Of New Doctors For All Worktypes
Jul 17, 2012

I am an experienced transcriptionist and used to ESL and all work types.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed after being told I am going to be on a hospital account and will have to type 100s of doctors in all work types.  Is that really as scary as it seems to me?  I can imagine going all day w/o transcribing the same doctor twice.  Yet I'm supposed to meet production criteria.  If anyone has had an experience like this and ended up thriving, please share your wisdom ...

M*Modal Plans To Grow Its Presence In The City By Creating Hundreds Of New Jobs Over The Next 24 Mon
Dec 06, 2012

:( ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

Those Laid Off From Webmx
Sep 26, 2010

Did you get a severence or any sort of financial support?  ...

Laid Or Lain? Help
Jul 15, 2011

I have this hint that normally helps me:  “lie, lay, lain” (to recline); “lay, laid, laid” (to place or put down). The sentence is:  "The patient was brought into the endoscopy suite and 'laid' in the left decubitus position."  I was thinking it should be lain, but the patient was technically "put" in that position, so it should be laid.  Correct?  I've gone and confused myself. ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

If You Are Fired/laid Off, Do You
Apr 06, 2013

or at the end of the month. I am making appts like crazy, just in case... ...

Laid Off From M-Modal
Aug 22, 2013

It was never my choice to work for Mmodal anyway, I was an acquisition.  But as I was perusing the help wanted lists, the horrible thought occured to me,  what if I got bought by Mmodal again? I think I am going to get out of this racket entirely, retire my foot pedal, hang up my earphones for good!  (And it has to be for good, it can't really get that much worse, can it?) ...

FOR ALL LAID OFF EMPLOYEES TTA (?)
Nov 08, 2013

First let me tell you I was laid off after 9 years last August.  I was told many lies like all part-time employees are being laid off, you won't be able to get unemployment, don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.  I applied for unemployment and have been getting unemployment ever since.  I got selected (yeah me) for a special project going on with the UE commision and the lady who I report to is wonderful.  She believes M@Modal made a plethora of errors a ...

Laid Off Question
Feb 12, 2014

Hi, I was laid off from MModal and I understand there is a federal program or a company that helps people possibly with going back to school and stuff and MModal already has an open case number. My computer crashed that had this information on it and if anyone can help it would be greatly apprecaited.  Thanks in advance. ...

Any Other ICs Get Laid Off From Medscribe In Florida?
Feb 20, 2010

Any other ICs get laid off from Medscribe in Florida? ...

You Are Not On The List Of Laid Off Employees
Mar 18, 2010

That is what I was told.  You are not on the list of Laid off Employees.  There is a list?  Medquist actually laid off people?  Yes.  There is a list.  Medquist sent it to us.  Really?  How many people did they lay off when CBay got 80% of the work? Drum roll please....................... 6 6? Yes, 6. You mean they got taken over by a company in India with 6,000 employees and they only had to lay of 6 USA transcriptionists? The point of the post..... ...

Does Anyone Know How Many People Webmedx Laid Off? Sm
Sep 01, 2010

I am afraid as I am not getting much work there lately.  I applied to a few companies but no one is hiring right now for what I need. Any idea if it was just a few or a few hundred? Where will we all go??? ...

Laid-off Webmedx MTs, Did They Call You?
Feb 03, 2011

I note that in the last week there have been many new MTs come on board at Webmedx. They are being hired for new accounts. I'm wondering of Webmedx kept their word by calling those they laid off and asking them to come back. If you were laid off, did you get a call? (I know, whether you'd consider going back is another question entirely) ...

Happy New Year - You've Been Laid Off
Jan 04, 2012

What's an IC to do?  As much as the company bragged about being in the local paper a month ago, they claim to have lost a huge account and have to let go all those working on it.  Not eligible for unemployment, 4 kids at home from 5 to 20, a mortgage . . . thank goodness I'm on Cymbalta!  I need to find another job - ASAP.  Can anyone out there recommend a company that offers employee status, where I won't have to work 1 weekend day????  My resume is prett ...

Laid Off By Nuance Due To Satellite Only.
May 09, 2012

I have heard that their transcription and editing platforms -- Escription will work with satellite internet.  I know I am not the only one who could no longer work at Nuance due to only having satellite internet.  I was working for awhile at my daughter's home, but that did not work out too well due to house overrun by all the kids and their friends.  If I could have had my own private office, I would have stayed there to work.   Anyway that is all beside the point ...

If You Were Laid Off From OptumInsight I Hope You
Aug 17, 2012

you are doing well.  I'm struggling a little today.  I hope the others have had time to catch their breath and go forward.   ...