A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Phil tells me that there are no plans to - (Windows XP)

Posted: Mar 06, 2014

send out new computers when Microsoft ends its support of XP in April.  Just curious if that's what anyone else with an XP computer is hearing?? TIA

They were supposed to upgrade you to a Windows 7 computer when they upgraded to Fluency 7. - got mine

[ In Reply To ..]
Although the computer they sent me was all screwed up and I had to fix it myself. Fortunately they had not paid attention to what was in the box and the recovery disks were in the box.

You could tweak something to cause it not to work anymore so they have to send you another one if you care about XP vulnerability which, in the end, is their problem.

So . . . . - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My company issued computer has XP. Does that mean the end of April I will get another company issued computer? I cannot afford to buy a new computer to download their software. Or,will those of us with XP be without a job? Interesting thought.

No, Phil seems to think - that Kaspersky

[ In Reply To ..]
will handle any problems that may arise. (?)I did have a Windows 7, but it quit and when they sent me a replacement, it was back to XP. I complained, but they told me it "should work fine."

I still have an xp computer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got a new computer and it had the same old xp on it.

They're continuing to use XP - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a Windows 7 and was having problems. It turned out the problem was due to a recent Windows Update I had installed. They removed that update, turned automatic Windows Updates OFF on my computer, and told me to manually install Critical Updates ONLY due to compatibility issues with some of the updates and Fluency. They told me if they were to send me a new PC it would be an XP.

Per an Internet search, Kaspersky is supposed - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
to be the only company remaining effective for XP after 4/8/14. We shall see. I went through heck trying to get a new MM computr, and could not. I have a dual boot with XP and W7, so if my XP side fails, I will use the W7 side, but I don't want to.

i was sent an M2 PC a few months back and got XP - whats the big deal

[ In Reply To ..]
not like we use Microsoft support anyway

XP computer as replacement - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
When the original computer they supplied me when I hired could not support Fluency, they sent me a replacement computer. I asked why they did not send me a Windows 7. Help Desk said they have to pay more in license fees for Windows 7, so that's why they sent me XP.

Similar Messages:

S/l Phil - Ee- Phaler Adenoma
Nov 29, 2009

Patient underwent a hemithyroidectomy for a thyroid mass.  His final pathology revealed a s/l phil - ee - phaler or phil - ee- pheeler adenoma.    TIA ...

S/l Hill, Pill, Phil, Abduction Splint
Jan 14, 2010

She is going to wean from her  (___) abduction splint at this time and go to a simple sling. Sounds more like phil abduction splint. Can anyone help me? Thanks! ...

Another One QA Tells Me One Thing The Other Another..
Feb 13, 2012

I cant do this much longer...So sick of this, last time I emailed the QA lead about a month ago I go no response on clarification.. ...

At Last!! Transcend Tells The Truth.
Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team le ...

S/L "tells' Ophthalmometry
May 14, 2012

Okay, here's what the doc says.   "Her (sounds like Tells) ophthalmometry 17 on the right, 18-1/2 on the left with a base of 99, for a significant change in the left eye. '   TIA ...

Need Advice. My Gut Tells Me It May Be A Scam - Sm
Feb 22, 2014

I recently received an E-mail to call a company who is hiring for a large oncology account.  The company's name does not sound like it would be an MTSO but rather a company that handles data for other companies.  I called the company, the person seemed very nice, but was not very informative about medical transcription or even the aspects behind hiring MTs.  There was no mention of a test.  Paperwork was sent to me.  Everything looked legit.  There was mention ...

Nuance Tells You You Can't Get Unemployment
Jun 12, 2014

Because they lie. The only way you can find out if you are eligible is through your state. Don't believe Nuance. Their insurance premiums go up if you get unemployment, as does any employer's, and that's why they say that as a knee-jerk reflex. Because they lie. Good luck everyone. ...

Everyone HAS To Choose One Of The 2 Plans? You Can't Opt Out?
May 18, 2012

x ...

Well.....just Compared Pay Plans
Dec 08, 2014

Approved time sheet for last week. Used the new pay plan to see the difference. I had over 99% and under 10%. Good thing because I MADE LESS MONEY with this new plan, almost $40. That's for 1 week. So multiply that by 4 weeks - $160 per month. I don't think so. Already took a pay cut by doing VR. Time to start sending out resumes. ...

Nuance's New Benefit Plans...
Jan 12, 2011

As you all may know, Nuance (formerly known as Focus) has acquired Encompass and OSI companies.  So, we get this email today stating a company who formerly handled OSI's HR dept, payroll, benefits, etc. is going to now be handling ours (Nuance).  Well as a result, we are going with a different ins company for health benefits.  We previously had Blue Cross Blue Shield.  I was paying approx. $450 a month for family coverage, and it was a good plan.  Now, they are ...

The Plans Of MModal In India.
Sep 15, 2012

Speaking on the company’s India plans, Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, “During the company’s growth this past decade, India has remained central to delivering high value clinical documentation services to our U.S.-based customers. As M*Modal's business continues its pivot to embracing technology advances as a natural evolution of its service offerings, we anticipate significant increases in the volume of work flowing to India as pa ...

CAREER STEP Payment PLANS?
May 09, 2010

If anyone has taken Career Step, do you feel you are being challenged and that it is worth the money? Do they have payment plans? ...

Transcend Plans To Offshore Even More Work
May 20, 2010

See article by AHDI:  [McGrogan] "... also reiterated Transcend's intention to increase the volume of work performed offshore." http://www.networkedblogs.com/3v3Dz?a=share&ref=nf P.S.  If the link doesn't take you directly to the article, look in the archives, post date 05/03/2010; "Transcend Services: Spheris Bid Attempt to Cost Additional $400K-$500K." ...

Anyone With A Recent Schedule Change Have Plans To -sm
Oct 27, 2014

try to get your old schedule back?  My change was "forced" on me and I was wondering with the new grouping and such, if I should try to get my schedule back.  It was kind of a bizzare change in that I already worked one weekend day and was told I needed to work the other weekend day instead, so now I dont even have 2 days off in a row...that could be remedied I am told, but switching my other day offf....that was optional and for now I said no. ...

Come On CCMs!! Review The Tgiving Requests So We Can Make Plans!!!
Oct 23, 2012

x ...

Oh "Phil" If Only You Truly Understood The English Language
Jan 29, 2015

So I finally decided to submit a remedy ticket about the months coming through not capitalized (have you all noticed this?). I explained that when a complete date is dictated it seems to do fine, but if the month is just used in a sentence, such as "in September" they are not capatlized.  When is a month not supposed to be capitalized?  These used to be correct but for many months now they haven not been. So I get a call from "Phil" who wants me to explain the problem. He doesn't ...

M*Modal Plans To Grow Its Presence In The City By Creating Hundreds Of New Jobs Over The Next 24 Mon
Dec 06, 2012

:( ...

QC/QA - What The "Reviewer Display Name" Tells You?
Oct 21, 2013

I've been curious for some time what the "Reviewer Display Name" listed in FIESA really tell us about who is reviewing our work.  For instance, I've heard if you have US in the name, so like "Jane Doe NTS-US" as the Reviewer Display Name, that would mean that the reviewer was in fact in the US and worked for Nuance.  I think there are probably ones that are reviewed by offshore, but I'm not sure how they appear. But what about other things in their names.  So, what ...

Limited Plans Which Are Not Discounts, But Limited Health Insurance?
May 23, 2011

Does anyone who cannot get major medical insurance have any of the limited plans which are not discounts, but limited insurance?  I cannot get major medical, but need something.  I have diabetes and am wondering if there are any good plans out there.  Thanks for any help you can give. ...