A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal just sent me an email asking me to - please apply for a job with

Posted: Apr 11, 2012

them.  What's up with that?  Are they desperate?  All I ever hear is how they suck.  

Job with M*Modal - Phoebe

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they are desperate. Yes they suck. They won't pay. That's why they have so many openings.

Phoebe, they won't pay at all or the pay is just - low?

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do they suck? Just everything in general?

[ In Reply To ..]
For me, the pay has gone down from about 10.50 an hour to 8.25 an hour doing the same stuff. Nothing extra for the really awful doctors that are always full transcription.

what are you talking about - they pay!

[ In Reply To ..]
Been here 16 years, always been paid....

Dont know about them being desperate and I dont think they suck, but what do I know.

MModal DOES pay their employees. - I have always gotten paid and on time.

[ In Reply To ..]
And for the record, they just recently started hire over the past month or so, unlike some of these companies who have an ad up every single week.

I think by they don't pay, she meant the pay is really low - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I should not have said they did not pay. They do pay, just not a living wage. I could make this flipping burgers and not have spent so much on school for this job.

Don't know about now - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them when they were Medical Record Corp, MRC and then Medquist....from '95 to '02. I never had any problems with them. Maybe now that they are so oversized, things have changed.

....and before that, Secrephone. I probably know you. - they were different then, loved secrephone SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Survived MRC merger - we kept everything benefit-wise with that one...not so lucky with the next merger. So found another company without losing anything.

Long ago - when companies were business and a cut throat was murder, not so much style.

Contrary to Opinion of Many - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how long it's going to last, and I don't know of other MT's experiences, but my salary has almost doubled since MModal took over by previous company. I'm working my same account and am very pleased with working conditions and pay.

In Reply To Just Me - I too am very happy with - my pay and working conditions - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Let them continue to slam MM if they want, but I wouldn't work any place else in this industry unless I could get back into hospital work, but they're all outsourced in my area.

Anywho, I am 100% content with my line rates. From what I have read on these boards and elsewhere, it could be a heck of a lot worse.

One thing I like about them, when we got outsourced all of us who chose to go with them got to keep our seniority and our pay was adjusted accordingly.

I'm liking it better here then I did at the hospital, and we worked from home for the hospital too. The only thing I miss about the hospital at this point is good insurance and yes, the pay was great.

But if I went with any other company, they probably would not want to match my line rates at MModal.

And did I mention I got to keep seniority?

And Too... - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I know the work is being more fairly distributed here than it was with my previous company. At the beginning of each shift I decide how much I want to make--if I'm feeling energized, I shoot for $120+; if I'm just feeling so-so, I determine to cruise to at least $90. It's so good to have the work available to allow us to earn what we want. The M is A-Ok in my book
you dont work on my accounts - thats for darn sure
[ In Reply To ..]
Must have came over with your account and have not been opened up to working the entire region yet. Just wait!

By the way, before MModal took over, when it was still MQ, I used to work 6 hour days and made a minimum of 150 a day. Kinda makes me sad to see you settle for 90 a day.
$90 a day is a GOOD Day now. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No problem per se, but I don't make much money.
Fine for me too - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not making gons of money, similar thought process of aiming for X amount as anything over wears me out. The work in MY experience here (and at other big MTSOs) is equally distributed, as far as a mixed bag of work. I was offered more here the last time I came back than any small MTSO and most of the large MTSOs, the difference being is some matched. But I felt Medquist never screwed me before and had direct deposits that always went through, so I went back to them (I've worked for them in some form. meaning different companies before being acquired, off and on for 20 years). I'm probably one of the few that every time my company was acquired (2x) for me it got better as far as benefits and pay. Right now I don't take the benefits though.

May I ask - what role your seniority

[ In Reply To ..]
plays in your employment here? I've been here 15 years and my seniority doesn't mean diddly squat. Since you mentioned it twice, I'm curious what your seniority gets you?

We have taken a 40% pay cut since 2005. Yes, the pay here is the same as everyone else, but only because MQ/MM started the ball rolling by cutting our pay; the other MTSOs followed suit.

no, you didn't - -

[ In Reply To ..]
-
No, you didn't - what
[ In Reply To ..]
??

M Modal... - shannontash

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious, how hard is it to get into this company? What is the testing like? I am a recent "grad" of a medical transcription program at the local community college. This company sounds like what I want to do. Thanks for anyone's input!
you have to test and pass... - usually they want 1 year experience
[ In Reply To ..]
MModal requires 99% accuracy. I doubt a recent grade of a program can handle that.
M Modal - shannontash
[ In Reply To ..]
Gee, thanks for the confidence.
You can send in you're resume. I think they hire - new MTs - shannontash.
[ In Reply To ..]
I would send in my resume and go ahead and test. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Not like MTs are born with a stamp on their head that says "I'm an MT".
M Modal - shannontash
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because that other person basically said" don't bother" makes me want to apply and get a job! LOL "Newbies' have to start somewhere! :)

and then your account will go to india and you will - bounce around the region

[ In Reply To ..]
and then you will be all bitter and angry and your pay will drop to 8 an hour, and then people will have to send you Marston e-mails and tell you to find a different profession, go to school, quit complaining....

What a cycle.

mmodal - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
Your pay doubled? Mine has been cut by 1/3. My account is good but I don't understand the pay cut at all...

I got an email from them also - Mountain MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I apparently applied with them 3-1/2 years ago when we first found out our jobs at the hospital were going away & I started sending out resumes. I completely forgot about it. Don't know if I applied with them or MedQuist or one of the other companies they absorbed, but they contacted me via email a couple of weeks ago. I said what the heck, I'm soooo less than happy with my current employer (making NO money). I applied, tested, went through the whole process, and I start with them next week. They offered me more than 2 cents a line more than I'm making on my current job for straight transcription & the VR rate is the same. Health insurance is the same carrier but is cheaper through M*Modal (probably because it's a bigger company). I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, just wanna stay with one company for the next 15 years until I retire.

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Better Read The New Email From M*Modal
Jan 27, 2012

Lots of changes!!  Including your email to @MModal.com All of these changes as of Monday, and this weekend it says you'll most likely run in to trouble accessing.    ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

New Email Regarding The "migartion" Of Email.
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...

M*Modal-SSN??
Oct 16, 2012

I am on the M*Modal website to apply, and they are asking for my social security number.  I have never provided this on a job application.  Is this legit? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me About M*Modal, Please?
Nov 30, 2012

I am thinking about testing for acute care transcription with M*Modal. But, when I went to their web site I see they are owned by someone in India? Is that for real? Also, I see posts here in this chat room "no work, no work, no work, paycheck sucks," etc. Can anyone fill me in on M*Modal, please. Also, do they supply you with the equipment? I do not want to work for a company owned by someone in India, that's for sure! Thank you in advance for your help! MT2 ...

New Job At M*Modal
Feb 05, 2013

I stopped doing medical transcription for a while and I am considering getting back into it.  I live in Green Bay, and no one is hiring in house.  I am considering taking a test with M*Modal.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Good, bad, and ugly. ...

Just Saw An Ad For PT For M*Modal???
Sep 08, 2013

I thought they got rid of all PT positions??  Here's the link:  http://www.getmedicaltranscriptionjobs.com/acute-care-medical-transcriptionist-home-based-phoenix-arizona-3026501.htm ...

M*Modal Going Under?
Sep 08, 2014

I heard that M*Modal is sinking fast and won't be in business much longer.  Has anyone else heard this?  They've been having problems getting investors and new clients, so it wouldn't come as any great shock.  ...

So M*Modal And
Sep 30, 2014

Both offered OT last weekend....hmmm..... ...

M-Modal
Feb 13, 2015

Our company recently outsourced us and we are being offered jobs w M-Modal.  I have seen all of the negative comments but I was wondering how bad the pay is.  I typed about 220 lines/hour doing straight typing and they are saying their average for voice rec is 220/lines per hour.  If that were the case you'd be making nothing!  Can anyone give me any input?  Thanks!  ...

M-Modal Feedback
Dec 16, 2009

Would appreciate feedback from anyone using M-Modal, especially Webmedx Enterprise MTs. Dreading the conversion and wondering if my fears are well founded. I'm pretty fast straight typing but rarely get more than 50 lines more an hour with current VR. Seems all it takes is just one lousy report to negate the lines made on the decent reports. Afraid it's just going to be worse with M-Modal and the whole drop-down heading thing. Anyone have any encouragement to offer? ...