A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal's penalty charge for over 5% QA.... - wants to know

Posted: Apr 20, 2012

I do not work for M*Modal.  I am not especially wanting to either.  Not many companies will allow satellite internet though besides Transcend, which is being bought out by Nuance.  I am currently with Transcend, but Nuance does not allow satellite, sooo I need to find a place that allows satellite.  M*Modal is one place, so I figured I better get some info on this pay docking they do for over 5% QA. 

Ok, how many of you have this docked on a regular basis on your pay check?  And how much have you been docked before?  Is there a grace period until you learn the account sufficiently before they do this? 

I just really hate to have to work somewhere that penalizes my paycheck for sending to QA. 

Softscript supposedly allows internet BUT I have heard that a lot of MTs lines go missing overnight.  I don't know what that is about.  I have also heard they run out of work a lot. 

I just want some info on this penalty before I think about working there.  If there was anywhere else hiring part time that allowed sat., I wouldn't think of going to M*Modal, but other than Softscript, which is not good, I don't know any. 

Dang it!! I could have swore I was on M*Modal's board... - wants to know

[ In Reply To ..]
x

See message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all way too much extra information here.

Now to answer to your question: If you submit more than 5% of your work to QA during the course of a pay-period the LINES you submit to QA will be docked 3cpl.

None of your other work will be docked, only the lines you sent to QA.

This is based on a pay-period and it is NOT something that lingers on and on. If you submit LESS THAN 5% the following pay-period then obviously QA lines WILL NOT be docked because you did not go over the 5%.

With that being said I do believe you can send up to 10 reports (maybe more) per pay-period without having to worry about this 5% rule, of course that is based on how much you produce.

Personally I have never had a problem with this and dont believe many others do because I have yet to read a lot of ocmplaints about it.

As far as a "grace period" you get that for the first 30-45 days of employment if I am not mistaken.

Wait, how can you send 10 reports? - Unless they are short and

[ In Reply To ..]
fall under the 5%. I had to send ONE report the other day, ESL, long, bad audio cutting out, and that single report accounted for several days' worth of allowed QA lines.

Well you must be a very low producer if one report - put you over 5%.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I do my 1200 lines a day minimum or more. - One report of 120 lines is
[ In Reply To ..]
10%. I don't see how I am a "low producer" or I wouldn't still be here, but whatever.
Are you doing 1200 lines a day on ASR?? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering.
Yes, I used to type 2000 lines per day; however, - my ASR is so terrible
[ In Reply To ..]
I struggle to get 1200 lines of ASR at 60% line rate. I am making NOTHING. I guess I could highlight whole report and retype and get better line rate, but at 60%? I am not very motivated to do that either.

Question on your post. See below - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You said: None of your other work will be docked, only the lines you sent to QA.

I don't understand what this means. If you have a report with 2 blanks in it, do you get docked for the whole report? If you hit the 5 percent, is this determined by all the lines in a pay period? If so, what lines are then docked? All of the lines in the pay period? TIA

RE: Question on your post - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
It is based on your total lines per pay-period. For example: I usually do about 16,000 lines a pay-period which is anywhere between between 1600 to 1800 a shift.

There have been times where I may send 2 to 3 reports a week to QA so that would total anywhere from 4 to 6 reports for the entire pay-period.

I have never been docked. But for example, if I were to get docked they only dock you on the lines YOU SENT TO QA. So yes, that would mean all the lines in the particular reports you send to QA. NOT your other work.

If you do not want to work here, it is probably not - a good idea to apply.

[ In Reply To ..]
And why the question about lines sent to QA if you do not want to work here?

Makes no sense. I hear Accentus and TTD is hiring, maybe they accept satellite.

I have never heard GOOD things about M*Modal... - wants to know

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure you're aware that the M*Modal board is not full of happy MTs that are praising their jobs. So naturally, I am hesitant, but then again very few companies don't have MTs with complaints on here.

I asked about the QA because I wanted to know if this was a problem with MTs there or is it not a big deal. Seems it isn't that big a deal. Obviously, the dictators aren't bad enough that you have to send much to QA though. Another thing, some accounts (I've been on one at Transcend) allow no blanks sent to customer. That makes for more QA if you can't have any blanks at all.

I have already asked Accentus, and no they do not allow sat. internet. TTD pays 3.5 cpl. I am NOT working for 3.5 cpl unless I'm just starving or something. So I haven't bothered to inquire about whether they let you use sat or not. Also heard they are late with pay.

There is one account on my team that automatically - routes to QA even if there is just one blank and

[ In Reply To ..]
We are not held liable for that so it does not matter if you had 20 reports go to QA during the pay period for that account; it does not count against you because that is the way the account is routed. So the 5% rule does not apply in cases such as that.

Your original post stated that you really did not want to work for M*Modal and I just thought it odd that you would inquire about a company that you obviously do not want to work for.

I dont know a whole lot about satellite internet because I have DSL. Perhaps contact some of your local providers and see about getting cable internet services or something so that your options wont be so limited.

Don't work for a company with a rep for late with pay - Lenie

[ In Reply To ..]
this is crazy - don't work for a company with a bad reputation

why don't we get together and demand what we are worth?

5-6 cents per line for VR - no less!

why dont you just find another line of work - you are not cut out for this field
[ In Reply To ..]
And you obviously have no idea about "the global world" we have become.

PS... MModal (formerly known as MQ) pays on time and probably pays the highest right now of all the MTSOs!
I know my pay is up to par and I got plenty of work - to keep my busy.
[ In Reply To ..]
All glory be to the almighty...THANK YOU JESUS!!!

My account is mandatory send to QA if over 2 blanks. - Some on here swear they

[ In Reply To ..]
NEVER send anything to QA. Some of us have to.

I was happy then along came the Q - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
When my company was purchased by the Q (now M*Model)I came on here and read all the horror stories too, and just figured a bunch of lazy, unmotivated, whiners, etc. Things were okay for awhile, the they stuff started happening to me and my co-workers (loss of benefits, bonuses, then the pay cuts started, my account of 10 years went away, etc.) of many years who I knew were not slackers either. So believe it or not, because once M*Model or Q, or whoever they are calling themselves now gets hold of your MT life it's ruined.

Unless you're a pretty bad MT, the 5% QA submission - is not a problem.

[ In Reply To ..]
>

Not so - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
You must be on some good accounts. Years ago I almost never left a blank because I worked on good accounts. Today the work is 90% crap with background noise louder than the dictators, almost all ESL, speaker phones, cell phones. If not for the penalties, I would send much more to QA than I do. Almost nothing goes through without a blank.

Hmmm, well I have to send to QA even if 1 blank, if an addendum, sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
if the report is incomplete, and for many other reasons that are beyond my control. I have 1 account that is awful and just cringe when those reports come up because I know that through no fault of my own I will be sending to QA. Also, those reports sent to QA almost 100% of the time go on off to the client with the same blanks that I left in. I think that the First Time Right program not only sets the MT up for failure but it also lowers the quality of the reports. I know I am now guessing on things that I never would have before and so far so good but I'm sure I will fail an audit because of it (which I have never failed an audit in my 12 years of MTing). I feel like a child with punishment hanging over my head all the time. Pretty silly.....

Wait, what? Is Nuance going to phase out Transcend's satellite employees? - satellite Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Where did you hear that? News to me but I guess I need to start looking if it's true...

Similar Messages:

What Does M Modal Charge A Client?
Sep 28, 2012

Does anyone know what the hospitals are paying for their outsourcing? How many CPL? Just curious..... ...

HITECH Law Penalty
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone check with their employer to see how they will handle an MT performing a HITECH HIPAA violation after 02/2010?  Could be $100 fine for each occurence, up to $25,000/year.  HITECH HIPAA violation could be an MT putting an incorrect doctor in for a carbon copy.  I know the doctors are so very thorough in their carbon copy requests, so in that case, there should be very few problems...lol. ...

QA Penalty Now For Blanks
Jun 29, 2012

They are more and more following M*Modal.  Now if a report is QA'd with a blank, you will be penalized in your score for that blank, and this has been verified by a QA person, who received the new directions recently.  As I understand it, you are penalized if QA was able to find the blank either in old reports or by research, or just knowing the term.   So you have a choice, spend a lot of time on research and see your LPH plummet to minimum wage, or blank it and then be pen ...

Penalty For Refusing To Guess
Aug 01, 2013

Now that we can be dinged for leaving a blank that QA thinks we should have known, my % score has gone to the dogs (my apologies to all canines).  When I get a mush-mouth  or a really gnarly ESL, there are circumstances where I have no choice but to leave a blank.  I'm not talking about stuff that could be looked up.  Sometimes the blank in question can be interpreted as either one word or other other and either choice doesn't change the meaning.  But I can gu ...

DTS America (now Transend) Monetary Penalty Imposed
Jun 16, 2011

Is it legal for a supervisor to threaten the group of MT's with monetary penalty for making a very common error on a certain dictator's demographic info?  A DTS America supervisor said this was in place now due to repeated errors on demographic info/signature line.  Are we stupid?  Are we in kindergarten?  Are we in an old-fashioned factory setting from the 1800's and not being supervised by the Labor Board?  DTS is newly owned by Transend, so I wonde ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

IMEs - How Much To Charge
Sep 16, 2012

Hi!  Can anyone give me an idea on how much to charge to doctors for transcribing IMEs?  Also, going rate if working for service transcribing IMEs.  Thanks.   ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Unbelieable Charge
Mar 01, 2013

Just thought I would share this.  Back in September, I had to go to an Urgent Care Center for a nosebleed.  It just wouldn't stop.  I finally received the doctor's bill in February. Luckily my insurance paid almost all of it.  But there was a $10 charge for "Services provided between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m."  I just couldn't believe that.  I wonder sometimes how people get away with things. ...

What To Charge For Rad Reports?
Apr 08, 2013

I have been an IC MT for 10+ years but have always been compensated by CPL. I have been approached by a small clinic to transcribe their RAD reports.  What is the going rate per report these days?  TIA ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Need Help With CHARGE Syndrome Dx.
Jul 07, 2013

Hey all, I'm doing a psych report and one of the diagnoses is CHARGE syndrome. My question is--do I spell it all out?  Or is an accepted abbreviation for the diagnoses section? CHARGE stands for the following:   Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the  choanae, Retardation of growth and development,  Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hearing loss Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and development, Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hea ...

How To Charge For EMR Work
Oct 23, 2013

I currently transcribe from home for a  local ortho clinic.  When they switch to EMR and I can convince them to keep me to transcribe, what is the best way to charge for my work?  Per patient entry (how much?) or still do the per line thing using cut and paste from Word.  I need to keep it simple and relatively cheap in order to try to keep their work.  I certainly do not want them thinking they should be able to do their own starting at a keyboard while in the exam room ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...

Which Companies Charge A Fee To Use Their System?
May 19, 2010

Fast Chart, Silent Type and Transform I have read about on this board. Any others? Thanks! ...

Unsure Where To Post, But What Would You Charge Sm
Jun 28, 2010

per audio hour of dictation?  A company wants me to quote this fee to them and I have never calculated this as I usually charge by line or page, etc.  Thanks for any and all advice!  ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

What Would You Charge Per Line For A Doctor With
Jul 13, 2010

Is it legal to charge an hourly rate as an IC.  If I charged by the page, what would you charge?  I am thinking they are clinic notes.  I don't have a problem transcribing heavy accented dictators, but until I learn him, it will slow me down a bit. ...

Charge For PQME Reports
Aug 14, 2010

I have been approached by a doc to transcribe only pQME reports- up to four per month.  These will be anywhere from 20 to 60 pages long.  Does anyone currently do this?  I am trying to figure out a fair price to charge as they want a per line charge.  I cannot find any info on the net as to the going rate for this type of sporadic work.  Any help out there is greatly appreciated.  ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...