A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DTS America (now Transend) monetary penalty imposed - done-with-that

Posted: Jun 16, 2011

Is it legal for a supervisor to threaten the group of MT's with monetary penalty for making a very common error on a certain dictator's demographic info?  A DTS America supervisor said this was in place now due to repeated errors on demographic info/signature line.  Are we stupid?  Are we in kindergarten?  Are we in an old-fashioned factory setting from the 1800's and not being supervised by the Labor Board?  DTS is newly owned by Transend, so I wonder if Transend will tolerate this?  Their policy says it is not intended to create a hostile work environment.  Yipes!  Doesn't this qualify?  This isn't the first time I have experienced this strange attitude from this supervisor and not sure if it is the policy of DTS America either.  We all try to do a good job, but we don't deserve this.  We all need to pay our bills and sometimes feel timid to complain, but really!  I would quit, but will wait and see how Transend handles it.  I don't do all this work for free and I don't do torture well either.  I too just want to do a fabulous job and be left alone and get a nice fat paycheck--well even a medium paycheck would be nice, but they make that hard to get too these days.  Have a great day out there! Kiss         

PENALTY - angel2no1

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a very simple solution to that. STOP making the same mistake over and over.

Um, if it were that easy, don't you think they would? - amazed

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean really! Why put this as your comment? You didn't even answer the question. Anyways, I work for Transcend and I've not heard anything like this. If DTS is trying this, I would complain to someone in Transcend and see if this stops. I'm not sure they can penalize your monetarily legally anyway. Hope this helps. I'm sure it's better this the other person who responded before me.

To amazed - done-with-that

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much. You understood what I meant. I think Transcend has had a bug in their ear already...buzzzz

I made No mistakes! - done-with-that

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, but I did not make these mistakes. The point is that we were threatened and this is not proper behavior for anybody. I regret working for someone like this.

The problem is more likely than not dictator error - or software inadequacy. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

Team leader threatend to take MTs off account - June

[ In Reply To ..]
if repeat header mistakes were made. The problem was that it was really hard not to make a mistake once in a while on the header demographics on that particular account because the clients hardly ever entered everything or even dictated the date for which the visit was for and you always had to have a visit selected for the location the speaker was at. Some of those speakers worked at different locations, so we could not assume they belonged to only one location. Sometimes I would spend as much time trying to search for header information as I did editing the report. A lot of effort for not much reward. I got another account.

To June - done-with-that

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. I agree that on my primary account there are numerous dictators that do not put in any demographics and it takes up to 5 minutes each to get it searched and begin the report. This is all unpaid time and can waste a good hour of your day. This is my newer primary, but it is better than the old one. Thanks for your info.

Another account - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been trying to get another account for a month, get told they will get back to me, yet still nothing, as is my pay. Done with it, interviewing elsewhere with honor.

Sin City - America

[ In Reply To ..]
Your supervisor is threatening to punish a "group of MTs" with an illegal practice? (I only know the practice that you described in your post, i.e., financial punishment for creating an error, to be illegal; double-check with your state's DOL).

Hey Sin City - DTS/Transend

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your comment above on the illegal act of imposing monetary punishment for errors supposedly under the MT's control. Look just below where it says this person worked there 2 years ago and DTS did it then. Wow! Can't believe nobody put a stop to it with the Board of Labor, as you mentioned. We each fall under the Board of Labor for the state we live in, not where the company is. Maybe the state where the company is based doesn't care (?), but mine does! Hopefully, Transend will put a stop to it, but nothing has been retracted yet.

Used to be DTS too - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
About 2 years ago, when I was still with DTS, we got an email about not getting paid for a report we transcribed if we used the wrong template. The same wording too as you described, "numerous errors by MT make it necessary for us to take this step." Well, it wasn't the MT's fault really. The doctors would key in the wrong report (say H&P) and then say H&P. I would transcribe on H&P and THEN at the end the doctor would say, "Oh, sorry, this is a consult." Okay, you could NOT go back and change the template at all. Once you started transcribing, the only people who could change the template was QA.

So...This is what I did. I knew the doctors who were notorious about being haphazard with their dictation. So, I began to listen to dictation first for a few seconds at beginning and end. If I couldn't figure it out which template to use or wasn't sure, I declined the job, sent an email to the team leader, and moved on. Let them figure it out.

They got snarky with me a few times about doing this, but it seemed to settle the problem for me.

monetary penalty - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not the only thing that goes on there. I can't work for someone I cannot trust.

Similar Messages:

HITECH Law Penalty
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone check with their employer to see how they will handle an MT performing a HITECH HIPAA violation after 02/2010?  Could be $100 fine for each occurence, up to $25,000/year.  HITECH HIPAA violation could be an MT putting an incorrect doctor in for a carbon copy.  I know the doctors are so very thorough in their carbon copy requests, so in that case, there should be very few problems...lol. ...

QA Penalty Now For Blanks
Jun 29, 2012

They are more and more following M*Modal.  Now if a report is QA'd with a blank, you will be penalized in your score for that blank, and this has been verified by a QA person, who received the new directions recently.  As I understand it, you are penalized if QA was able to find the blank either in old reports or by research, or just knowing the term.   So you have a choice, spend a lot of time on research and see your LPH plummet to minimum wage, or blank it and then be pen ...

Transend
Jun 29, 2011

Does Transend lease you equipment with tech support. Thanks very much in advance. ...

M*Modal's Penalty Charge For Over 5% QA....
Apr 20, 2012

I do not work for M*Modal.  I am not especially wanting to either.  Not many companies will allow satellite internet though besides Transcend, which is being bought out by Nuance.  I am currently with Transcend, but Nuance does not allow satellite, sooo I need to find a place that allows satellite.  M*Modal is one place, so I figured I better get some info on this pay docking they do for over 5% QA.  Ok, how many of you have this docked on a regular basis on your p ...

Penalty For Refusing To Guess
Aug 01, 2013

Now that we can be dinged for leaving a blank that QA thinks we should have known, my % score has gone to the dogs (my apologies to all canines).  When I get a mush-mouth  or a really gnarly ESL, there are circumstances where I have no choice but to leave a blank.  I'm not talking about stuff that could be looked up.  Sometimes the blank in question can be interpreted as either one word or other other and either choice doesn't change the meaning.  But I can gu ...

Question About Transend
Mar 12, 2011

Thinking about applying at Transcend for third shift, can anyone tell me what they are now paying for transcription and for VR, I used to work for them so know the company in and out, good and bad, just not the pay rates anymore, please e-mail me if you are willing to share or give me at least a general idea of what VR is and if they offer any type of incentives anymore.  Thanks in advance. ...

DTS/Transend Supervisor/TL Both Not Available
Jun 01, 2011

I haven't worked for DTS long, but knew Transcend was taking over and so far that looks good.  I have had problems getting straight answers from DTS supervisor since hired, like when the supervisor, TL, and QA people were on duty.  The nice recuiter told me she would get me a list without my asking, but forwarded the request to my boss who said she didn't know why I needed this information.  Really?  Isn't this the first information eve ...

Nuance Or Transend ?
Jun 24, 2012

I have been offered a position with Transcend or Nuance.  I don't know which one to choose.  Any info is appreciated, although I have noticed on this website that MTs don't like to give good feedback on a company they work for because they don't want work taken away from them.    Thank you ! ...

Looking For Transend Web Site
Jul 21, 2012

Could someone kindly give me the link to the Transcend web site that has all that info on it including pay dates, etc?  Mainly what I am looking for are the dates we get paid for the rest of the year.  Thanks! ...

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Anybody Else Ever Worked For DTS-America?
Nov 02, 2010

Has anybody else ever worked for DTS-America? ...

MedServ Of America
Nov 02, 2010

Has anyone heard from MedServ?  I sent my resume, received an email and have heard nothing else.  TIA. ...

Does Anybody Work For DTS-America?
Nov 03, 2010

Does anybody work for DTS-America? ...

DTS AMERICA - 12/07/2010
Dec 07, 2010

DTS America is posting for Radiology Transcriptionists, full-time, 2 shifts.  What is the latest with DTS?  ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...

DTS America, TO ALICIA
Feb 06, 2011

I never run out of work, as a matter of fact, they call me almost daily to work extra.  I've never had any problems with them, I do my job and do it well and they leave me alone.  The only ones I ever hear from are the help desk, and again, it is always to work extra.  They often send e-mails offering OT for certain accounts that tend to get backed up quite often.  The pay is good and they offer incentive for both PT and FT.  Just curious, did you get a job with the ...

America's Pride
Feb 13, 2015

Anyone currently working for AP? Appreciate any info ...

Any Recent Info On DTS America? Thank You !
Oct 24, 2009

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

Medi-Tran America, Inc.
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company - good, bad?  TIA ...

MT Week Gift From DTS America?
May 18, 2010

Does DTS America give an MT week gift out?  If so, has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Thanks in advance. ...

......He Could Be Talking About Any MTSO In America.
Aug 20, 2010

Gotta love George Carlin; he doesn't mince words.   As I listened to his monologue, I felt like he was describing most MTSO's, not just corporate America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI ...

DTS America/TN Line Counts
Nov 15, 2010

Okay, another end of pay period with not enough work to make line count.  This is just not right.  Is there anybody working for DTS right now, working their scheduled shift and making their line count?   What is happening there? ...

Transcend Gobbles Up DTS America
Mar 02, 2011

Just received an email that Transcend has acquired DTS.  Perhaps this will help all those with no work find work.... (yes, I grinned when I typed that). ...

Merger Going Between DTS America And Transcend?
Apr 29, 2011

So how is the merger going between DTS America and Transcend?  Is Transcend keeping the promise that nothing will change - pay - accounts?  Just curious..... ...