A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Line quota and benefits - Pollyanna

Posted: Jun 09, 2010

It's an outrage to have your CPL cut in half with editing but for the company to expeCT scan the same quota (dollar wise per pay period) to maintain benefits is a kick in the teeth.   I'm not a newbie to this "career".    Now we have to have QUANTITY and QUALITY - no blanks.   If you can afford to stay in your desk 10-12 hours a day and watch your life slip by this may be for you.   How did we end up letting these companies rip us off like this?

I hear ya - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had my CPL rate go from 0.068 to 0.048 for ASR in January. I don't mean my transcription to ASR rate, but my actual ASR rate itself was decreased to 40% of my transcription rate. Sure, my required ASR lines are the same and yes I can get them in without a problem as long as I'm not dealing with NJA. However, now I've been told to get in more ASR lines to avoid getting PM'd for the minimum wage supplement thing. My ASR hourly rate figures out to be roughly $4.80 while my state's minimum wage is $8.55.

I don't see any reason why I should have to get in more than my required lines. If they don't like having to supplement my pay to bring it up to minimum wage level, THEN RAISE MY CPL EQUAL TO MINIMUM WAGE!!!!

I've decided I'm going to continue meeting my required lines as I've been doing.

I know they can't fire me just for having to pay me minimum wage. I already get audits about every 3 weeks and pass without problems. I also always work my scheduled hours and don't have variances in DQS/SS hours.

may I ask - when you received

[ In Reply To ..]
notice that you would be PM'd for earning minimum wage.

I am about 3 months into my paychecks being straight minimum wage. My state minimum wage is lower than yours, however. Maybe that is why I have not heard anything yet.

I am also PT and pass all audits with at least 98.5 or higher.

there's been no "official" PM- - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just "a heads up" from CCM to make sure the minimum wage supplement isn't exceeding $$$$ per company policy.

However, it's illegal for them NOT to pay me minimum wage so I'm not going to sweat it.

I'm just keeping all the other possible PM'd things under control including meeting my required lines/pay period.
thx I just know I am now - on the list
[ In Reply To ..]
CCM told me once that they are keeping track of those whom they are paying min. wage. I'm not sure if my min. wage supplement is "exceeding $$$$ per company policy." I just know that my entire paycheck is now min. wage per hour.

this is why I asked how they are figuring line counts - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm concerned about the difference I am finding between word/line count. Currently comparing DQS with MSWord what other programs do you use to track line counts?

Minimum wage - snowflake

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM told me the same thing. That Corporate was upset that they had to pay me minimum wage. I don't know why they are so upset, minimum wage would be less than what they would have to pay for LPH.
I find that statement towards you from corporate - to be literally disgusting
[ In Reply To ..]
That is why I am now typing the bare minimum line count and not killing myself anymore. I am concentrating on building my other home business so I can finally get out of this now god-forsaken field once and for all.
Wow unreal from corporate - MQ should be ashamed
[ In Reply To ..]
So let me get this straight: MQ cut the ASR rate, keeps MTs rotating accounts to avoid any sort of consistency, has QA that change the rules all the time and then cannot keep work for all the MTs during their shift and has the nerve to be upset because they are paying out minimum wage?!@# They are darn lucky that MTs are still working at all. I wish that the CCMs and corporate would look at WHY some MTs are making minimum wage and help them, mentor them, for God's sake give them a raise. Pathetic that this company treats their employees this way. We are not robots, we are human beings and deserve respect. You know if they really wanted to get away from this whole minimum wage thing, let us go back to statuatory status where we really did get paid on production and made a decent bonus!@!!!
Minimum wage - Just Me
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it works like this: If they have to pay you min wage, they are actually paying you MORE than they would by the line. You get min wage because you didn't make enough lines to get over that, so they have to "make up" to min wage, effectively, in their view, paying you for nothing, lines they didn't recieve. This is how I understand it.
Here's why they are upset ... - see inside
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are on the minimum wage report, it means you are not producing enough work for them to make any profit from and you are costing them instead.

I don't blame them. I would be upset, too. I would not want to keep employees on payroll who I could not make money from their services but had to pay them anyway.

You won't stay on minimum wage report for long. I promise. LOL

So, it's not that they are upset because you are making minimum wage and that seems too much to them. It's that you are not producing enough work to be profitable.

Profit is the name of the game for a business. It's why businesses exist. Profit is the name of the game for YOU as a worker, too. It is why you work.

So don't be upset when companies want workers who produce. You want money, too. If it doesn't fit here to get it, you need to find where you can get it.
More often than not, an MT "cant produce" because of - lousy MTSO software, NJA, ESLs - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
nit-picking by QA, account specifics that change daily, (oh wait - make that hourly!), slow system, 99% accuracy expectancy, FTR, and a whole slew of other little monkey-wrenches those people throw into the mix. Every day they make it harder and harder to meet our line requirements. Don't use QA, get dinged. Use QA, get dinged. Leave a blank because there was a gap in the dictation, get dinged. They also don't seem to have it figured out that no one stays on any one account long enough to really learn it. THAT's where production really comes in, you have to know your accounts. These people just don't get it, and they don't WANT to get it. CEO hires a bunch of middle-management, and tells them, "Get out there and make those people (us) more profitable. Do whatever it takes." And middle-management, liking their relatively large salaries, and not wanting to lose them, have become really ruthless in their own pursuit of the almighty dollar. And we MTs, the ones who actually produce the service that they're selling, who only want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay, are always scr3wed in the end.

If those people want MTs to "produce", maybe they should try making production increases actually possible. Right now, it's NOT.
To Here's Why they are upset - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Smells like management to me.
Nope. Just an MT like most on this board. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

ME TOO!!! - TNW

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been getting tons of ASR, and mine stinks!!! Also I had to deal with a breakup, a move, and pretty much being without a house. So about 3.5 months now I've been minimum wage about $7.25. Hopefully, I can turn it around this month!

work smarter not harder - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried to explain that to the CCM months ago, but she didn't seem to be able to do anything about it. The fact is that we get paid minimum wage no matter what our line count is. Figure it out and you will see this is true. Even if we lose 3 cents a line for QA over 5% - still minimum wage. In fact the only raise I got in the last 12 years was when minimum wage went up. Here's what I figured out - I work a 3-day 8/h per day schedule - but type 800 lines a shift - in less than 8 hours - yep that's how I get more for less work - work smarter not harder

Can't sit 10-12 hours with the lock-out. Has to be done in 8. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

I can't believe they think medical transcription - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
is worth less than working at McDonalds?

Similar Messages:

Line Count Quota ?
Oct 11, 2013

Does our line count quota change if most of our reports are straight typing? For example, the other day, 50%, yes 50% was straight typing!! Does the line count quota change for this, or am I just supposed to type faster, or make it up on another day - hopefully. ...

What's The Line Quota Per Pay Period At Landmark?
Feb 22, 2013

d ...

Making Line Quota In 40 Hour Week? Sm
Apr 17, 2013

I can't seem to do it, crappy account with lots of ESL. Are other folks working off the clock or is it permissible to be on the system until you reach quota? ...

Question About Line Counts And Benefits...
Jan 30, 2011

The one and only company that I have worked for (at home) made us have to type so many lines in order to get benefits.  Is that the same at every company?  Thanks for your help!  ...

What Are The Number Of Hour/line Requirements For FT Benefits? NM
Sep 09, 2010

X ...

Games Services Play Because They Can. High Line Counts So No Benefits.
Dec 11, 2010

Who invesitgates their turnover? ...

Quota Up, Pay Down.
May 09, 2014

I started working for the company and almost immediately (within a couple weeks) after I signed the contract, the weekly quota went up and the VR pay instantly dropped way down. How can this happen? ...

Can't Remember What The LPH Quota Is. Do You Know?
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone remember what the required lines per hour is?  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Quota
May 03, 2011

Thinking of applying to KS....does anyone know the daily number of  report requirements...if there any? Thanks---Ada ...

Does Precyse Have A Quota
May 31, 2012

Does Precyse have a quota, must you produce a certain number of lines per day?  I'm looking for part-time work.  If there is a certain expectation, what happens if you fall below it?  I'm thinking I would like to try Precyse but those are my main concerns.   ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Not Require A Quota?
Jan 20, 2010

I have 9 years' experience and can do about 150-180 lines an hour, but I hate having the feeling of I need to get to the particular quota and rushing myself along.  I want to do a quality report and would rather work for a company who represents that.  Anyone know of any companies out there like this?  TIA. ...

Impeding Making The Quota.
Sep 21, 2012

Here I am teetering around the production quota and why?? Because I have to do so much work that is not paid for and is time consuming (entering the ADT info, cc information that is beyond what is in their database) and trying to deciper a lengthy and convoluted CP, plus trying to figure out which, if any, document standard has to be used and finding it in a long list of standards for Ctl S. I had requested that that document format associated standards be put at the top of the list which is e ...

General ? About Meeting LPH Quota
Feb 19, 2015

Just a general question.  I'm not asking for and really don't want to start something.....I would just like to know......if you are working for a national company and their line per hour requirement is 260, do you make, or exceed, it?  And, if so, do you find it extremely difficult or fairly easy to achieve.  This would be on an average evening where you don't run out of work and most of the work comes easy but you still have a few honkers.  Thanks! ...

Meridian's Quota Is Daily Or Weekly?
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone know if Meridian's quota is daily or weekly?  If you have information please let me know.  Thanks! ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...