A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Okay, if you were making .04/line with VR but offered 08/line with transcription . . . unlimited amt - would you quit VR and go with transcription?sm

Posted: Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think?

.08 for transcription - I do not know

[ In Reply To ..]
anything about those platforms, but I would take 8 cents a line for 100% straight typing as an employee in a heartbeat! I am definitely not making it on VR at MQ.

Just My opinion - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot make a living doing VR. Gave it a good try for 2 years and the going rates for this work are just way too low. If these VR programs are so great and productive, why should the MT's be the ones who pay for them through ridiculously low wages. Yeah, I know it's the future of MT, blah blah blah...I'll flip burgers first.

should let India do the VR work and BRING BACK the straight typing! - nufffffsaid

[ In Reply To ..]

Are there hospitals who use VR and (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are there any hospitals who use VR and pay MTs hourly to edit VR?
One of our local hospitals has VR and pay hourly and really nice benefit package. - IAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I think most of the larger hospitals will be going to VR mixed with transcription but just my opinion.
I retired last June from acute care hospital - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
that changed pay from hourly to 8 cents line for both VR and straight typing but increased line count to 185 lines per hour from 150 which came out to less than I would make with retirement and social security. Also, we were QA'd every week with 98% expected.Hospitals are facing increased pressure to cut costs and the first place they look now is Medical Transcription because they cut everywhere else previously. However, the benefits are very good at hospitals.

The problem is, straight typing is quickly becoming just the dregs of - what VR cannot handle. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Offered VBC Line Rate
Jan 07, 2011

I have been offered a position for 0.08 VBC line/65 characters.  I can obviously figure this is going to be less than with spaces.  Is there anyone here who DOES get paid this way and if so, how much of a difference overall is it?  I have not accepted the position and am not sure how offended I should be, or if I should be offended at all since "this is the new industry standard."  I have been in this buisness a long time and have apparently never dealt with this "new" way of ...

I Just Got Offered .50 Cents Per Line And Wondered
Mar 25, 2014

what is the going rate for most MT jobs per minute of dictation? Help! ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

RE: Post Below About New Hire With 30 Yrs Exp. Offered 4 Cents A Line
Nov 03, 2010

She says the offer was "set in stone."  This makes me believe that MQ is going to either try to cut everyone's ASR pay to 4 cents a line.  They will either get rid of the ones somehow (nit pitting followed by QA pay cuts, making "tweaks" to DQS that are annoying and slow us down, causing up to want to quit, etc) or we will accept their new "set in stone" rate.  They will sugar coat it by saying, "We are ONLY reducing your ASR pay not your regular transcription rate" and then ...

Making The Line Count
Dec 29, 2012

Does anyone else have problems sometimes making the minimum line count that their company requires?  Some days I make it & some days I don't.  The other day for example, I worked 2 hours (partied too hard for Christmas Day the day before) & I made 13 lines over the minimum requirement.  The 2 days after that, I've made a total of 56 lines less than the minimum & I've worked more hours than I did the day I went over the minimum requirement.  So when ...

Line Counts - Anybody Making Any Money Doing This?
Oct 19, 2009

I have been doing about half and half, VR and straight transcription for the past three months - is anybody making any money doing this? My line rate, of course, is half of my regular transcription rate (like that is fair, right?).  I am using all the keyboard shortcuts that I can find and have created some macros, but the bottom line is still that some reports really are bad and even with picking up the speed to 40%, I am just not making any money!  Just venting, I guess.  I was doing 1200 l ...

Is Everybody Still Making Decent Line Count With
May 17, 2012

Just wonderin'. ...

Worried About Not Making Line Coount
Oct 11, 2013

I i normally always meet my LPH with no problem but this is the second week in a row that I cannot meet it.  I am so low on work on the weekends but just don't have the available time or am so behind just can't seem to get it caught up.  So miserable.  ...

Saince ANYONE Making Their Line Count?
Dec 01, 2014

Is ANYONE making their line count?  Is anyone making OVER their line count? ...

How Long Do We Have To Get Up To Speed And Making Line Counts
Jul 24, 2011

account?  I hope it is longer than a couple of weeks  TIA ...

I Exceed My Line Count And Still Making Min Wage--Why?
Oct 24, 2011

I work my hours--exceed my line counts, but I am still making Min Wage.  I am so confused.  What does it take to make more money?  It seems like I keep making less each pay day.  And can anyone explain the 2 check stubs? ...

Accentus/Nuance - Anyone Not Making Line Count
Feb 24, 2013

Anyone not making line count for Accentus?  I am making about half required and will have 2 weeks to make line count.  Canadian accounts.  What happens if I cannot make it, will they let me go?   ...

Making Line Quota In 40 Hour Week? Sm
Apr 17, 2013

I can't seem to do it, crappy account with lots of ESL. Are other folks working off the clock or is it permissible to be on the system until you reach quota? ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Got Letter Saying "not Making Line Count"
Aug 18, 2010

I just got an e-mail from my supervisor saying this today. I have been having a hard time making 192 lines per hour on SR reports.  That is way over what I was hired to do at 127.5 lines per hour. Now they say SR reports are counted as 2/3 of a line, so we should really be doing 192 lines per hour if they are SR reports. In addition, one patient had the wrong birthdate on the patient panel. Next report, the patient's name, SS, & DOB missing.  I had to search through lookup. ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

10 Cents A Line For Transcription And 5-6 Cents A Line For VRE?
Mar 19, 2015

Are there any companies out there that pay at least 10 cents a line for transcription and 5-6 cents a line for VRE? This career is not what it used to be!  ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Best On-Line Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2009

I have worked for Spheris and MedQuist in the past (5 years ago).  Do these companies still provide computers to their new hires. What else is out there now. Any new or better companies to transcribe for  ...

Any Info On New Line Transcription
May 31, 2010

Would appreciate any info on this company. Thanks. ...

So NOBODY Pays Over .08/line For Ic Transcription Anymore?
Apr 12, 2010

nm ...

Now Different Line Requirements For SR Reports Vs Transcription
May 27, 2010

Spheris minimum line count was 127.5 lines per hour, and after taken over by Medquist, they had a meeting. They said this was nothing to do with Medquist's higher line requirement, but they said if we do only SR work, then we have to do 192 lines per hour. Straight transcription is still 127.5 lines an hour. They do pay less for SR lines than transcription, but still as long as we got our line counts in during our shift, they were happy. How do we keep straight our line count for SR and TR ...