A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This just irks me.....s/m - mt2

Posted: Jan 21, 2014

Rate Type / Statistical Type Entry level Median Experienced Annual wage or salary: $22,500 $29,243 $34,091 Hourly wage: $10.82 $14.05 $16.39 Wage Data Source: Labor Market Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics & Wages Program I have over 25 years experience but yet I make $10-12/hour on average.

well then dont go look at some of the professional jobs that - require 4 years of college

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in school for social work. some of the state jobs only start at 33K for 4 years of college. Some of the counseling positions start at $29.

If you want real money go into IT. 4 years of school can start you out at $59K a year. But my heart just isn't in it.

Similar Messages:

This Just Irks Me...
Jul 11, 2012

A couple months ago when we started getting the NSA message and the TL was insisting that we make up the time, I did some investigation. First, they OFFER us flex time when THEY need it, yet when we need our schedules flexed for something pertaining to us its a big no-no....I contacted HR and found out IT IS NOT MANDATORY that we MAKE UP TIME when there is NSA. It is simply AVAILABLE TO US should we want to make up the time. BUT, the TL's insist we make up our hours lost due to NSA...hence, ...

Something That Irks Me Today..........
Dec 09, 2009

So our CCM emails us saying when our work dries up there will be a certain account that we will help out on (as we have in the past).  She apologizes, saying she knows this is a very "difficult account, but we need to leave as few QA markers as possible."  This just rubs me the wrong way.  She's right--it's difficult alright--- but not in the way she is implying.  She implies it's difficult because of the "difficult" terminology used in all the cardiac cathete ...

It Still Irks Me That I Can't Ask For Another "ear" Without Getting Penalized!
Feb 10, 2011

How in the world are we supposed to learn anything new if we can't ask for help without the penalty of being docked and/or audited??  Are blanks supposed to be better than education? Do the docs truly like to see blanks in their reports? This company sucks big time! ...