A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you live in Oklahoma and worked for Medquist/MModal - you get trade benefits.

Posted: Dec 29, 2012

https://oklahomawelcome.com/news/state/91092-ex-workers-of-medquist-m*modal-approved-for-trade-benefits.html

that is for all workers of MModal, however, - you must be laid off first

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal only lays off hourly workers, like the recently laid off tech workers so they could ship it to India. We MTs wont get laid off and therefore dont qualify for this.

Some MTs were let go though for not making their - minimum wage like on WA or OR.

[ In Reply To ..]
Where these 2 states have the highest mininum wage and both are going up higher in minimum wage starting in a couple of days.

they were fired... not laid off - has nothing to do with minimum wage

[ In Reply To ..]
TRA was approved for them back in 2006 when CBay took over and laid off a bunch of hourly workers (tech support, supervisors, etc.). They just approved another round of it.

I applied when I was on partial unemployment and they said I had to have a letter with a date of lay off to be eligible.

This is for EVERYONE working for MMOdal, not just WA or OR, but you have to be LAID OFF.

Some one was fired because they lived in WA - where minimum wage is the highest.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is hard to make minimum wage in WA and OR by staying with this company.

Similar Messages:

So, Its MModal, Formerly MedQuist
Jan 24, 2012

How many can we list now? ...

Medquist/Mmodal
Aug 06, 2012

GOD I HATE THIS JOB, IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT. CAN'T QUIT AND CAN'T RETIRE!!!!!!!!! I WILL DEFINITELY SOON QUALIFY FOR THE A MENTAL INSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Confusion Regarding Medquist-MModal
Feb 04, 2012

What's the deal with Medquist-M-Modal.. is this a merger, complete takeover of Medquist or just rebranding? Curious because the deal which is being done is with CBAY, which is INDIAN OWNED. Deadwood floating on water. ...

Why I Think Medquist Changed Their Name To MModal...
Feb 06, 2012

It's probably because Medquist has such a bad reputation--and the name alone leaves a rotten taste in your mouth hearing it.  I want to be positive and hope that maybe there will be some good changes like they boast in that email.  I'll believe it when I see it though.  ...

New TRA/TAA Approval For Medquist/Mmodal
Jun 12, 2012

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/taa/taadecisions/taadecision.cfm?taw=81128 ...

DTS Oklahoma VR?
Nov 04, 2011

Does anyone know anything about this company and if they have VR?  Their ad just says transcription.  Also, are they a good company to work for? ...

Any Info On DTS Out Of Oklahoma?
May 01, 2010

I've searched the archives for info on Digital Transcription Systems, Inc., out of Oklahoma but no luck---only getting info for DTS out of TN. Anyone work for the company who can let me know about types of acute care specialities, what QA/management is like, line requirement, and pay scale (in general)? Thanks in advance. ...

DTS Oklahoma (formerly Of Tennessee Perhaps)?
Nov 30, 2011

Does anyone currently work for or have in the past worked for DTSOK (Digital Transcription Systems of Oklahoma) who could shed some light on this company good or bad?  I see they are hiring for several acute care positions, but there is not very much information in the archives about them one way or the other, unlike some of the MTSOs.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

DST (DSTOK) In Oklahoma
Jan 13, 2012

I have recently begun working for this company and was hired to work on an account that uses Speech Motion/M*Modal platform.  I have had a few problems with the platform (especially with my foot pedal not working very well), but I guess it would be an okay one to work on eventually.  In the meantime the account I was hired for has not had enough work to keep everyone busy.  I was told I could have another account on a different platform in addition to the one I had.  ...

Encore Out Of Oklahoma?
Nov 15, 2013

Searched the archives and couldn't find anything recent.  Anyone have any feedback on them, good, bad or indifferent? TIA. ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

Absolute Transcription (in Oklahoma)
Mar 01, 2010

Does anyone have any information on this company, good or bad? Thanks in advance. ...

DTS Oklahoma - Information On This Company?
Jul 14, 2010

I posted earlier about this company but got no response  - can anyone give me ANY information on this company?  Thanks so much. ...

Any Information On DTS Oklahoma City?
Sep 18, 2011

It says that the web site is under reconstruction. ...

DTS Oklahoma - Communication Is Nonexistent
Apr 28, 2013

This company has some major problems right now, and clearly has all along by the looks of the posts here.  Communication is nonexistent, management is a joke..hostile even.  I'd run, not walk, from ever applying here.  Seriously.  Pay is a joke, and they do not give out raises OR time off w/o a battle.  Even if you were desparate enough to apply, you probably wouldn't hear back from them anyways - cuz that's how they roll.  Save yourself a lot of hassle. ...

Question Re: DTS Oklahoma Workload
Oct 20, 2014

Any DTS MTs out there experiencing a drop in workload following the latest overhire blitz? Guess it's time to update my resume (again)... ...

Any Current Infor Regarding Digital Transcription Service In Oklahoma?
Sep 27, 2010

I found some older stuff.  Just wonder if there is anything more recent. ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Live System Over The Internet
Mar 24, 2010

What is meant by "live system over the Internet" in some job ads.  TIA! ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...

MTs Who Live Up North - Question
Aug 22, 2010

Do MTs who work up north make more than MTs who live down south?  I wonder because I was born in CT, but I live in NC now.  I know the cost of living up there is triple what it is here in NC.  So, how are they living on .08 a line in CT?  ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...