A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hate really short reports.. - frustrated

Posted: Aug 07, 2012

Most of the time if a report is a minute or 2 long, that's no big deal. But I just had a report that was all of 20 seconds. I spent more time in the ADT screen (verifing and adding in things the clinet wants) than I did proofing it (ASR report like always), and it ended up being a measly 2 lines. Wow, I just made a whole 8 cents. That will almost get me a package of Ramen noodles.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Love short reports and thank my lucky stars for help on long ones - just me #1

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of my reports are 10-15 seconds long to at the most 2 minutes. Luckily, I am not on a platform, as one service I worked for, it took 25 minutes to fill in all screens and stuff for a 2- to 3-liner report... I can only transcribe short reports and am so extremely thankful for the transcriptionist helping me!

I feel for you and hope your day gets better.

Similar Messages:

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Short Reports
May 03, 2012

What are considered "short reports" according to line counts?  It seems to me I have been typing a lot of them lately.  Today,  I have edited around 20 reports with only 1 being over 30 lines.  This is typical on my account, but I am new so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.  I have a pretty high requirement to hit, but with at this rate, it is pretty slow going. Is this pretty common? Thanks. ...

Tips On Short Reports
Jan 13, 2015

I got switched to a new POD and went from accounts with long reports to one with really short ones, like at least half of them are less than a minute. Between downloading and uploading and time spent in ADT, I'm struggling with my line count and I'm wondering if anyone has good tips for how to approach these short reports in order to maximize line count.    Please only respond with real tips if you actually happen to know any from experience (sorry, find a different job doe ...

Really Short Reports - Worth My Time?
Dec 14, 2012

I'm an IC and don't make a great line rate (9 cents/line) but I'm fast and my doctors are easy so it works out to a fairly good rate/hour.  My question is I've recently been given a new account with a doc who does reports that are on average only 20 seconds long.  I have to cross-reference the day sheets to find the spelling of the patients' names, as well as look up the referring doctors' addresses, etc.  I can't stand doing these reports as you ...

I Just Hate These Reports
Nov 10, 2009

I'll leave out specifics  - just that patient had fetal intrauaterine demise and she had to delivery the baby vaginally.  I went thru 14 years of infertility without any results and I'd rather go thru that again than what this lady just went thru.  I feel so awful for her. ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Short Pay
Mar 01, 2013

Looks like I will have made approx $250 after working for two weeks.  A total of 48 hours in 2 weeks if I can get in an 8 hour day tomorrow.  Brother.  ...

Vetac....can't Think Of What It Is Short For??
Nov 23, 2009

cardiology ...

Short Fingers With Lab. :)
Oct 18, 2010

Whenever I type lab, I slow down. My fingers are short and I have trouble reaching the number characters on the keyboard. I want to type lab fast too. Are there tricks that I can do to boost my typing when doing lab values? TIA :) ...

Short Cut For Hypotension
Nov 04, 2011

For the life of me, I cannot figure out an easy shortcut for the word hypotension.  I have tried a few things but they conflict with my other shortcuts i.e. hypothyroidism.  Brain dead today.  Can you suggest something?  TIA ...

Short Cut For -year-old
Jun 11, 2012

How can I get a short cut created for -year-old.  I used to know how to do this but have forgotten.  Tyvm. ...

Short On Hours
Sep 03, 2013

When you are a little short on hours, why do they tell you to add some and what do you put for a reason? ...

Short Rant
Jan 01, 2014

I would love to have just 1 stinking report that I didn't have to renumber every list in that report.  Of course it has to be done manually which just slows me down!  Mission accomplished.  Short but sweet, I'm done.  Happy New Year all.  At least we know we have one constant in our lives other than having to pay taxes and die.  ...

Last MDI Paycheck Is 1 Week Short?
Feb 02, 2010

or did I figure wrong?  Is Transcend holding a week back?  I am glad I saw this because I would have been unpleasantly surprised come pay day on 2/12. ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Short-straw Syndrome?
Jul 26, 2010

... ...

Short Cut For ADT In Typing Screen
Sep 07, 2010

What is the short cut to bring the ADT info into the typign screen.  I seem to have deleted it somehow and forget the short cut to get it back again or the function to use. ...

Is There A Short Cut To Remove All @ Signs At Once?
Oct 26, 2010

. ...

Moving Short Forms
Apr 21, 2011

On DQS does anyone know how to move the short forms to another company that also uses DQS.  Can you send me the information if you have it. ...

Do Not Sell Yourselves Short!! There Is A World Without VR.
Nov 29, 2012

So many of us have been "gobbled" up by Nuance in the last few years. So many of us are transcriptionists with specialized, honed skills, and those skills are valuable. Do not be deceived by a company who devalues your worth and causes self-doubt and continues to tout itself as the leader in the industry. I believe there are many facilities, doctors, clinics, etc, who do not want their work run through a computer to be deciphered. It may be time-consuming and seem like a fruitful task, but if yo ...

Short Term Disability
Feb 25, 2013

My wife just went on short-term disability and so far has received a check for 3 days that is peanuts. I'm getting zero help from benefits/PR on this and Hartford is really pathetic. I know you get 50 percent, but 50 percent of what? She's a Level III MT. I calculated last years gross wage, divided it by 50%, divided by 26 so that should be the STD but I'm not sure what Hartford considers a base wage? Our attorney is curious too. Any one experience STD through Hartford/MMod ...

Free Short Cut Programs
Feb 28, 2013

My shorthand stopped working, I tried to rename my file like changing a letter like the instructions said, but nothing works. I now need something very quickly to help me out with work today. Is there anything that is easy and quick and simple that you all know works well with windows? ...

Short Cut For -year Old In Word
Sep 27, 2013

Hi there, Can anyone please tell me the short cut so I can just creat an autotext for -year old patient. I am working in Word and every time I try to do this with the hyphen, a space is left between the age of the patient and the hyphen ie: 27 -year old, instead of 27-year old. I have forgotten the trick to do this. Thanks, kdm ...

Well... 33 Lines Short This Week.
Dec 30, 2013

:-) Was solicited ASR Proficiency training/mentoring if I had not already had it. Loudly and clearly, I let my TSM know that I had had it, and the mentor was not able to help me as she could see that I was not problem. I let her know full well that my LPH depends almost entirely on the ASR. ...

Short- Term Disability
Feb 08, 2014

Unfortunately, this week I sustained a tib-fib fracture and will need surgery. Has anyone had to deal with Cigna and short-term disability? Just want to know what I can expect. Thanks ...

Well Isn't This Just Great........Failed A Very Short
Mar 03, 2015

Because it's so short I got 90%.  There is no coming back from that.  No way to get back on the grid even if I got a slew of 100% reports in a row.   And now that they wait 2 weeks instead of 1 to count your QA, this will follow me for 2 weeks instead of 1.  Tell me, WHAT is my motivation now to continue doing well for the next 2 weeks?  As a side note, I do NOT agree with that major error.  Oh, it was a typo alright but it didn't affect patient ...

Short Hand And Bold Keys
Oct 04, 2010

Hi  I use Shorthand in word2003.  I have a paragraph that I use all the time and would like to put it into shorthand, but my problem is the bolding...several words in the paragraph are bolded....how can I make this paragraph, copy it into the shorthand and have it keep those words bolded so every time I use shorthand to bring up the paragraph in a document the words stay bolded? Any help is greatly appreciated. Wendy ...

Deleting Whole Sentence Short In MS Word 07
Nov 19, 2010

Hello there fellow MTs. I know that there is a short to delete a sentence to the next period in word, but I can't find it by googling it and I am wasting way too much time just pushing buttons.  If anyone knows this short and would like to share I would really really appreciate it. Since I am asking for a short, I will share the one I use the most.   Ctrl+bksp = Delete last word Ctrl+delete= Delete next word Thank you for any help! ...