A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well isn't this just great........Failed a very short - report with a "major" error

Posted: Mar 03, 2015

Because it's so short I got 90%.  There is no coming back from that.  No way to get back on the grid even if I got a slew of 100% reports in a row.   And now that they wait 2 weeks instead of 1 to count your QA, this will follow me for 2 weeks instead of 1.  Tell me, WHAT is my motivation now to continue doing well for the next 2 weeks? 

As a side note, I do NOT agree with that major error.  Oh, it was a typo alright but it didn't affect patient care one iota. 

I don't want to get banned from this board so I can't say what I really think of this.

It depends on how much they review that week-sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, how many lines are audited is a crap shoot, but, if they audit enough lines with good scores, there is still a chance to get about 99%.

While that is true, we have no control over the - AMOUNT of lines they audit.

[ In Reply To ..]
If we did, this MAY start to be even close to fair.

I just love how they touted this as our pay being "under our control." No it is not. It's under THEIR's completely.

It has happened to me before... - HangingInThere

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had this happened too on more than one occasion. Just remember the pay week ends on Friday and then you get another chance. My new focus would become line count. I don't intentionally over-do it were my quality becomes really bad, but I have to be financially responsible to my family. I have had a very large report almost 100 lines had a major error that was worth 1 point, but it took me down to 98.94. So it wasn't really worth just 1 point. You would think if errors are worth more for shorter reports they would be counted as less for longer reports. In all honesty, I think there are very very few companies out there who are truly fair.

They have us where they want us - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
So sad, the position they have put us all in. I had a lot of nitpicky errors last week. I got 2 reversed. This week (knock on wood) I have been audited 2 reports both at 100%. Of course every day brings a new audit. I think it is so strange that since this has started NOT ONE long report has been audited. All are very short, less than 60 lines. None of these 30 minute reports that I have had. One 0.25 error kills you. That and getting errors on reports that you pend for the error they charge you with. Yet to figure that one out. Why bother pending!! Such a shame what they have singlehandedly turned our profession into. Used to so proud of what I did. My niece is a cardiologist and they will only use inhouse transcriptionists due to them using Nuance for a trial period and were so upset at the amount of errors and the way they were treated and so they stayed where they were and I wish I lived near her and could work there. They pay them $18 to 20 dollars an hour, benefits, etc.

It is terrible how this system works - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
It really sucks. What state is your niece in. If in Florida I will be right there. LOL. Yes this did used to be a good profession and I think we were all happy with our pay, happy with staying home and working and just happy! Now we are all on food stamps, starving, losing our houses, cars, etc. Isn't this a happy profession now.

Nobody is perfect and it seems that is what they want us to be for 8.00 an hour if even that much.

The worst part is, most of the errors are just stupid words, not even medical words.

Tampa area - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
She practices over in the Tampa area. I got a reversal for a medicine where the QA had marked it off for misspelling it. I knew good and well that i had spelled it correctly and they did reverse it saying I was correct. Of course this morning I wake up and they got me on a 45 line report with 1 error and so there goes my pay unless they audit something else without finding something. So stupid

Similar Messages:

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Failed Another One
Jul 22, 2011

I failed ANOTHER  test. This time I made it all the way through and took the transcription part of the test. I was just informed that my scores were not QUITE what they need to be.        I think I am about ready to give up........I swear......... ...

Seriously You Failed Me For That??
Jun 25, 2014

I give up..please, please FIRE ME..this is just getting ridiculous..I don't care anymore, just end my suffering.. ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Clock On Failed
Oct 04, 2011

Anyone else having this problem this morning or ever before?  What did you do when it happened?  I just started working anyhow.  Guess I will email CCM and ask what to do but for now I am goign to work my shift without being clocked in.  it just keeps saying clock on failed.  I logged out and logged back in but still the same message.  thanks and have a great tuesday! ...

Failed Testing??
Apr 19, 2012

I tested with Probity and was told I failed the testing.  HUH??  I have 20+ years experience.  Really? ...

Failed The Test For SGS??
Feb 24, 2013

So, I go through the grammar portion of the test, use a ton of reference materials when I needed to and I failed the test? Huh???!!! There wasn't even a place that told me what my score was! I have 10+ years in this field and can't see how I failed the test and it's just not sour grapes on my part.  This kind of shakes me to the core and makes me not want to apply anywhere else! Anyone else have this happen?  ...

Well, I Failed. I Am Not Perfect Enough.
Dec 03, 2013

Failed by 0.15. Got an error for "not following CP" Excuse me! I could not find this tiny exception in the jumble they call the CP. Oops, like, sorry I missed that, but I did hunt for it! I know there is one account in the many I encounter every day that I has this little tidbit waiting to bite you in the rear end. Looking forward to 2 more fails - even though I am in the 99% range. I do not know how I am going to do any better with the sound quality and the horrid ASR I am given. I al ...

First Failed Audit
May 28, 2014

What happens after you fail your first audit?  Figures I would get audited on my birthday.  What a birthday present.  I guess getting over 99 is not good enough.   ...

Oh Boy...another Failed Audit....
Jul 31, 2014

Well....probably on to my final warning...another failed audit today.  Really disheartens me because I try so hard.   ...

Failed An Audit
Feb 05, 2015

let us know the steps you will take to correct this." Here's my step:  DELETE! ...

To Those Who Have 'failed' Audits
Jun 09, 2015

i'm just curious.  most of the time i pass my audits with a 99.7.  but there have been a few times i have gotten emails telling me my score was below 99.6 and showing me the error of my ways.  but i have never seen the word FAIL nor has it even been a big deal, i just get the email letting me know and thats that.   does something different happen to some of you or is this what you are calling 'failing an audit' ?  because i've never found it to ...

Short Pay
Mar 01, 2013

Looks like I will have made approx $250 after working for two weeks.  A total of 48 hours in 2 weeks if I can get in an 8 hour day tomorrow.  Brother.  ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Anybody Get Failed Job Alert E-mail
Nov 01, 2010

I was wondering what the failed job alert e-mail meant. Also I have noticed that on every single one of those alerts that it has always been the bottom of the barrel dictator. ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

DQS Problems? Says Failed To Connect
Nov 04, 2010

Can't get in.  Keeps saying failed to connect.  Anyone else? ...

Has Anyone Failed The Tier 3 Test
Oct 20, 2011

I took the test and scored a 92.91 and I needed a 96 to pass.  I feel like a failure.  The fourth report that I was given was a difficult dictator (a fast talker).  My question is, do you know when we can retest.  Is it 90 days? ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A MT Enrollment Test?
Jun 11, 2012

Have any of you ever failed an enrollment test for a MT course? How did you feel about it? Did you get angry or upset or did you try again?  ...

FAILED 2ND AUDIT 3 DAYS AGO!! HELP!
Aug 08, 2012

Failed my second audit in 2 weeks a few days ago. Help, what happens now???? Do they fire ASAP? ...

Oops, 98.75 Failed Audit
Aug 28, 2013

Oops, 98.75. Maybe you need to fire me and give my job to a perfect ILP. I won't argue, lol.  ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

Failed Another 3 Focused Audits.
Dec 31, 2013

Yep, that's my 4th within a week. Yep, just as I noted a couple weeks ago, 2 "punctuation" errors and you fail. One spelling error that I have no idea how that could make it through spell check. And a full point for not cc'ing a dictating physician who said to send him a copy - because the CP did not say not to??????? I thought it was policy not to cc the dictator even if they requested such. I cannot even remember any client profile stating not to send a cc to the dictating physi ...

Failed Audit Ridiculous
Mar 25, 2014

Ridiculous. Nobody can maintain 99.7% accuracy for the long-term. They're probably going to fire me anyway so to heck with it, I'm just typing away. Whatever. ...

Failed Another Audit - Not Long For This Job! NM
Apr 01, 2014

NM ...

Woohoo Failed My Second Audit
Sep 05, 2014

Now I get to retire!!!  yaaaaa ...

Failed My Second Audit This Month....
Feb 24, 2015

Oh I wonder how long before I'm fired....had 99.35 for last month's score.... ...