A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

free Short cut programs - mee

Posted: Feb 28, 2013

My shorthand stopped working, I tried to rename my file like changing a letter like the instructions said, but nothing works. I now need something very quickly to help me out with work today. Is there anything that is easy and quick and simple that you all know works well with windows?

Re: Shorthand.s/m - liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried converting the file (merging the file) into another Shorthand file?

that is a good suggestion - also

[ In Reply To ..]
if your subscription is close to renewal, that could be the cause of your problem. The program will self-disable parts of itself to remind you to renew your subscription. This happens in the last 30 days.

Similar Messages:

The Dangers Of So-Called Free Mentoring Programs
Mar 07, 2010

Every year there are a few people who start free or for-charge mentoring programs. Stay away from them if they have you transcribing work that they are critiquing. Mentoring is advising, supporting, encouraging, but not having you do their transcription for them for free. Because of privacy issues, you also would be well advised not to send any of your transcription to a 3rd party for help. There are all sorts of red flags. Just be careful. Over the years many of these free programs have turned ...

Are There Any Free Line Count/invoicing Programs Out There?
Apr 09, 2010

I used MP Count on my old computer. Just got new one, and I see it's no longer available. ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Short Pay
Mar 01, 2013

Looks like I will have made approx $250 after working for two weeks.  A total of 48 hours in 2 weeks if I can get in an 8 hour day tomorrow.  Brother.  ...

FTP Programs
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know what this is?  Or what FTP stands for? ...

Who Programs The ASR?
Nov 16, 2009

Okay, I want to know who programs the ASR.  I'm told that we do, but anytime I make a ligit change, it doesn't stick.  Yet, all of a sudden, on an account I have been typing on for 3 years, ASR starts changing the word stroke to a backslash (/) and this is for every instance.  If this is something our lovely ILPs are doing, I don't think they are going to last long.  If this is something our new USMTs are doing, it's no wonder our work is being shippe ...

VR Programs
Oct 08, 2012

I would appreciate some feedback on VR programs.  Are you currently working on one you you would recommend?  If so, which one and why?  Also, are you working on one you would not recommend.  If so, which one and why?  I would greatly appreciate this information, as we are just beginning to explore the possibility of going to a VR program and this information would be of great value to us in choosing a program that is transcriptionist friendly.  ...

Programs For A MAC
Dec 28, 2012

Hello.  A friend is a psychiatrist and just got a Mac.  What voice recognition software works well with Macs? ...

Vetac....can't Think Of What It Is Short For??
Nov 23, 2009

cardiology ...

Short Fingers With Lab. :)
Oct 18, 2010

Whenever I type lab, I slow down. My fingers are short and I have trouble reaching the number characters on the keyboard. I want to type lab fast too. Are there tricks that I can do to boost my typing when doing lab values? TIA :) ...

Short Cut For Hypotension
Nov 04, 2011

For the life of me, I cannot figure out an easy shortcut for the word hypotension.  I have tried a few things but they conflict with my other shortcuts i.e. hypothyroidism.  Brain dead today.  Can you suggest something?  TIA ...

Short Reports
May 03, 2012

What are considered "short reports" according to line counts?  It seems to me I have been typing a lot of them lately.  Today,  I have edited around 20 reports with only 1 being over 30 lines.  This is typical on my account, but I am new so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.  I have a pretty high requirement to hit, but with at this rate, it is pretty slow going. Is this pretty common? Thanks. ...

Short Cut For -year-old
Jun 11, 2012

How can I get a short cut created for -year-old.  I used to know how to do this but have forgotten.  Tyvm. ...

Short On Hours
Sep 03, 2013

When you are a little short on hours, why do they tell you to add some and what do you put for a reason? ...

Short Rant
Jan 01, 2014

I would love to have just 1 stinking report that I didn't have to renumber every list in that report.  Of course it has to be done manually which just slows me down!  Mission accomplished.  Short but sweet, I'm done.  Happy New Year all.  At least we know we have one constant in our lives other than having to pay taxes and die.  ...

Shorthand Programs
Nov 25, 2009

I would like to know a little more about the shorthand programs and which one is best to use? Thank you in advance. ...

Cumbersome EMR And VR Programs
Feb 24, 2010

I just spoke with an MT at a large radiology group who says they use different softwares for different studies. So they have probably 5 different programs to try to merge into one cohesive patient record. So if they have an MRI and a mammogram (two different software programs), she spends her day putting them together. Not only that, but before they implemented these cumbersome programs, they had 2 IT people to run the IT show. Now they have 7 all of these different engines running. They got rid ...

MT Training Programs
May 08, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good online training program for Medical Transcription? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Internship Programs
Apr 27, 2011

I am almost finished with my MT course but feel I need more training.  I have heard about internship programs, specifically AIM mentoring program (Houck Transcription) and  Online Transcription Essentials Internship program, both had enrollment fees that aren't too bad.  What their advertising and what I am questiioning is it true that they do hire their interns after the program ends?   ...

Software Programs
Jul 25, 2011

I've worked for 3 different MTSOs. each bought out by another. I was never aware of the type of software programs used by these companies as the work platforms were "proprietary." I'm currently looking for part-time work and notice that most all job applications are asking for the name of or type of software programs used. How do I find out this information? As an example, Webmedx used Enterprise, but I have no idea what software program was used to create this platform. How do I ...

Incentive Programs
Feb 05, 2013

Do most companies offer some type of incentive program on top of regular CPL or is that few and far between? Thanks. ...

How Do They Sell These VR Programs??
Dec 18, 2013

I'm assuming the software vendors talk the clients into how much they'll save by paying editors to fix this crap.  There is no way someone would buy into this software if they knew what it really looked like in draft form...omg.  It would not surprise me if the software vendor slipped a few Benjamins under the table to a willing doc at the facility and had him "train" the software before the presentation to the client.  The doc goes in, reads from a script, and near perf ...

Does Anybody Know If The Nuance Programs Are
May 29, 2014

compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1? TIA. ...

Programs Out There To Do The Proofreading For You
Jun 02, 2014

I have a doc I do IC for who thinks there are programs out there to do the proofreading for you.  Considering what he pays for what I am expected to do I wish he was right, but I have never heard of such a thing.  Anyone out there have any idea? ...

Last MDI Paycheck Is 1 Week Short?
Feb 02, 2010

or did I figure wrong?  Is Transcend holding a week back?  I am glad I saw this because I would have been unpleasantly surprised come pay day on 2/12. ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Short-straw Syndrome?
Jul 26, 2010

... ...

Short Cut For ADT In Typing Screen
Sep 07, 2010

What is the short cut to bring the ADT info into the typign screen.  I seem to have deleted it somehow and forget the short cut to get it back again or the function to use. ...

Is There A Short Cut To Remove All @ Signs At Once?
Oct 26, 2010

. ...