A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am in the cesspool now. Feel sorry for those this facility. - dnr

Posted: Nov 09, 2014

The ASR for this facility is even worse than my primaries! Gonna have a dismal count today - cesspool with its accompanying client profiles, mush mouths and doctors names dictated that I cannot figure out or find a match in the database.

The POD (Precipice of Damnation) - hangs

[ In Reply To ..]
over the cesspool. Welcome to Hell

Sometimes the only way people learn - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And when I say people, I mean the suites here, is the hard way..Leave blanks, let the facilities complain about it, and maybe they will "see the light" I'm funny after my morning coffee aren't I?

LOL Lets have another blanks buster contest. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Or are people still faking it?

Me too - Call it what you want it is still the cesspool

[ In Reply To ..]
And my TSM told me it wasn't going to be anywhere like the cesspool experiment that got canned a few years ago. No, it is exactly like the cesspool. When your "grouping" runs out (which in itself is 10+ accounts) then you get whatever report comes up next. In our POD there are almost 100 accounts. And we are running out of work.

I'm in the western region cesspool ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
...and there hasn't been a day so far with the POD system that I haven't run out of work. It's not that hard to figure out when you have several dozens of domestic employees plus hundreds of global ones working on the exact same accounts at the exact same time, the well is going to run dry - and it's going to run dry quickly. This is EXACTLY the set-up that MModal wants. They want the work done FAST and it doesn't matter who does it, or how well it gets done.

The other side of that is, they want to put so many "policies" and "guidelines" in place that when we run out of work we have so few options for ways to earn our income that we are forced to quit or "make do" with our little $300 paycheck. THIS IS ALL BY DESIGN ... there is nothing "accidental" about this, and they are never going to fix it because for them, the system is running perfectly.

If you are someone who has been fortunate enough to have plenty of work and/or decent accounts, good luck. Those days are over.

Anyone working for this company who does not have a backup plan in place to get out of this God-forsaken industry needs to have their heads examined because we are being squeezed in every direction and now with the new POD setup, the vice is getting just a little tighter.

Work is too low due to OT, so work being sent over. And it is that facility! - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Gonna be fun today!

Work is not low due to OT. They have to call for OT to keep - in TAT. Cant hold work just so SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs will have jobs to do. They HAVE to call for OT, get it?

Who ARE you? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Not Only Am I In The Cesspool
Aug 10, 2014

getting the absolute worst doctor from each account.  And I can see that by the job list.  There might be 14 H&Ps getting ready to go out of TAT and I will get a DS just dictated 5 mins ago by Dr. PostnasalDrip AppleGum ...

Welcome To The Cesspool
Sep 21, 2014

Was just singing Guns 'N Roses Welcome to the cesspool It gets worse here everyday Ya learn ta live like an animal In the cesspool where we play   That's as far as I got.  Wading back in now.... ...

Cesspool Revisited
Nov 10, 2009

Remember a few months ago when most of us were in the cesspool, getting dozens of reports from all over the country and all different specialities?  I've come to the conclusion that the whole cesspool thing was just a major scam to get us so upset and ifrantic that when they finally gave us some semi-stable accounts, we be so grateful that we wouldn't notice the how our income was dwindling.  Pretty slimy. ...

I Was Informed That I Could Get The Cesspool Again!
Jan 12, 2010

So, if you are on your primary and secondary and there is work in your BOB, but a different BOB area needs help, you will be directed to new accounts by the team regional lead (police) and they will pool you to those accounts you have never done before because the account needs help getting caught up. Hopefully it does not happen to many times, but already has happened to me 5 times.   Just in time to make my pay go down EVEN MORE!!!! ...

Ahhhh...here Comes The Cesspool
May 13, 2015

getting all kind of unfamiliar accounts tonight.  the good times just never stop rolling at MModal. i have a question for those of you with the high lph.....do you get more lph with ASR, less?, or not much difference?  just wondering.   ...

Why On Earth The Cesspool Is Back?
Feb 01, 2010

Why on earth the cesspool is back?    I log on to work and I am getting work from "a helper pool" which I don't want to help.  The work sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has to do this account regularly.  I never agreed to be a helper for the helper pool.  There is work in the accounts that I am used to!  Why are they doing this? I already had my pay cut from the ASR, from the bouncing around in my own pool from the work going overseas, and now this???? Didnt they take awa ...

A Nice, Refreshing (NOT!) Dip Into The Cesspool
Aug 08, 2010

Only now they call it a helper pool! Just about every report is from a new, unfamiliar hospital! Yay! Plus, my computer is doing that slowing down/stuttering thing that people were talking about yesterday! What my luck! I do so love my job (did I really say that?). Ugh ...

Facility Instructions
Oct 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the MTSOs call the set of medical facility transcription instructions that you are given when assigned to an account? ...

See The Email About A Facility Closing?sm
Aug 15, 2011

Just got it and it is goodbye, you just are out of a job.  I don't think it affects me but it is beginning!  ...

PT Job In Facility Company Has Contract With
Oct 06, 2011

Have been offered a PT position in a facility that my current company does transcription for.  It is for MT work NOT sent out of the facility.  Do you think this would be a conflict of interest?  I would ask Human Resources, but... trying to stay low profile.  ...

MMmodal Is Surely The Cesspool/septic Tank Of MT. Sm
Jan 16, 2013

I have NEVER in 20 years worked for such a sewer. ...

Capitalize Urgent Care Facility?
Oct 12, 2009

He was seen at the urgent care facility becuase of his discomfort ...

Advice On Working On Facility Terminal
Mar 31, 2014

I am looking at job that I will have to use the facility's terminal.  I rely heavily on Instant Text and some word autocorrects.  They can upload my Word autocorrect but I have to lose Instant Text. Does anyone have experiences/advice to share about making such a change?   ...

Interview At Assisted Living Facility For MT
Nov 19, 2014

I live in a very rural community, 1-1/2 hours from any larger city.  When I moved here, I thought I could work from anywhere.  I have been looking for a job for 2 years, but there has been no need for someone with my MT experience, and age discrimination is definitely alive and well.  I have an interview set up for tomorrow at a local assisted living facility/nursing home for full-time MT. I certainly have no problem demonstrating my expertise and ability to perform thi ...

Who Does UCLA Use? Top-notch Docs And Facility
Jan 01, 2015

A lot of these doctors were on the Michael Jackson trial and what company do they use?  Do they not set the pace and only use the best?  So then who is the best and what do they pay?  Inquiring mind would like to know, or wonder if that is a secret too. ...

I Saw A Report Today From A Local Rehab Facility
Jan 28, 2013

and it had the doctor's initials at the bottom as usual and then "MedQ" as the transcriptionist ---- so XX/MedQ.  This report was typed in the last couple of days, some two years almost since there has supposedly been NO MEDQUIST, but only M-Modal??????  Could it just be an IT glitch that has yet to be corrected or is there still some form of MQ? ...

Anyone Have Secret Fantasies Of Anonymously Calling The Facility--sm
Apr 18, 2013

and educating them about what truly constitutes a STAT.  Just because something is dictated by a resident does not mean it is a stat, especially if the discharge was 4 months ago.  Of course, I also have fantasies of conducting a class for residents, helping them to utilize their critical thinking skills and critically evaluate the pertinent information for the report instead of talking for 30-45 minutes about stuff that does not need to be on the chart for the umpteenth time.  If ...

In-house MT Needed In Huntsville, AL. Facility Not Named.
May 01, 2013

. ...

Does Anyone Who Works On Epic Find That Once A Facility Goes To Epic You Have Some Work Left To
Sep 05, 2012

continue to do.  ...

Typing Cesspool. CP Says "NO Blanks" May Be Sent
Jan 11, 2011

Foreign doctor, new to me, several blanks.  What to do? ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...