A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why on earth the cesspool is back? - given up

Posted: Feb 01, 2010

Why on earth the cesspool is back?    I log on to work and I am getting work from "a helper pool" which I don't want to help.  The work sucks and I feel bad for anyone who has to do this account regularly.  I never agreed to be a helper for the helper pool.  There is work in the accounts that I am used to!  Why are they doing this? I already had my pay cut from the ASR, from the bouncing around in my own pool from the work going overseas, and now this???? Didnt they take away the cesspool for obvious reasons, the LACK OF QUALITY that the Q is demanding we maintain?  What on earth is going on with this company?

I think I might have the same helper pool! - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
And it does suck. Bunch of off-the-wall rules that no other account has. I don't want it either and I'd rather be out of work.

Are you having a mandatory Webinar about it today?

No, no one informed me of a Webinar - given up

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I was in a Webinar! I would raise all kind of stink about it. This is absolutely insane. I cannot produce a quality document if I have to spend 10 minutes on each report flipping back and forth to the client profile to see what is what, not to mention the countless e-mails about "if you get this account, Dr. SoNSo wants this done this way and Dr. WhatsHisFace wants it done like this, and absolutely no cc's go to Dr. WhoGivesACrud, but absolutely must send a cc to Dr. MumblesALot.

This is the most *&%##*@! company I have ever worked for.

To Given Up - Foz

[ In Reply To ..]
I am right there with you. Helper pools can kiss my fat patoot. Then we get e-mails from our QC that Dr. ChewingGumWithOpenMouth is unhappy with our work from the helper pool. I wish I could find a job that values our knowledge and experience. Plus pays about 11 cpl and no set hours.
A big thanks Foz - given up
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the post! It helps knowing I am not the only one.

I would work for a lot less money if I could just have a familiar account! Back when I first started doing this, making 5 cpl, I made more money than today being in the cesspool.

Whomever decided that the cesspool was a good idea needs a good ol' fashion tongue lashing.

These hospitals do no pay enough for a 1 minute turn around time. This may make the Q the top gun for the moment, but this will not last! They are digging their own grave, and I know they don't care, but I do damn it! I care about patient safety and I care about making enough money to put food on the table. I have worked hard my whole life, paid my taxes and then some, and I deserve to be treated better than a cabbage picker or sweat shop worker.

UGGGHHHH I am sorry for being a cry baby. Thanks for letting me scream it out for a minute.
To Given Up - Foz
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for 40 years, sometimes 2 and 3 jobs to support my family, paid my taxes, "Done the right thing" my whole life and this is what we get??!? This is how we are treated now??!! If you are a cry baby, I am right there with you. It's enough to make anybody cry! I suspect a lot of us are crying today. This is sure a sad time in America... We need an MQ PTSD support group.

Similar Messages:

What On Earth Is Going On At The Q
Apr 08, 2011

Is there a magic prize offered?  Did they land some huge new accounts?  Are they just looking to hire a bunch of even lower paid individuals to start replacing more higher paid? What is going on?  Why are all these people looking to work here?  They dont know how bad it is, do they? ...

If You Hate It So Much Why On Earth Are You Still Here??
Jul 11, 2011

The posts seem to be getting more and more bitter and full of vitriol for basically every MTSO out there.  Frankly I don't understand why those of you who hate this job so much don't just go get retrained and move on.    I find it hard to believe they are all that bad.  I have worked for 5 or 6 of the big nationals and thought they all lived up to their end of the bargain and were for the most part decent to work for (DSG, Transcend, WMX, MedScribe, and ev ...

With This Stupid New NJA Policy, What On Earth Are
Aug 23, 2013

we supposed to do at holidays when there is No Work and No Work to make up later that day or even that week?!?! ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

Not Only Am I In The Cesspool
Aug 10, 2014

getting the absolute worst doctor from each account.  And I can see that by the job list.  There might be 14 H&Ps getting ready to go out of TAT and I will get a DS just dictated 5 mins ago by Dr. PostnasalDrip AppleGum ...

Welcome To The Cesspool
Sep 21, 2014

Was just singing Guns 'N Roses Welcome to the cesspool It gets worse here everyday Ya learn ta live like an animal In the cesspool where we play   That's as far as I got.  Wading back in now.... ...

Cesspool Revisited
Nov 10, 2009

Remember a few months ago when most of us were in the cesspool, getting dozens of reports from all over the country and all different specialities?  I've come to the conclusion that the whole cesspool thing was just a major scam to get us so upset and ifrantic that when they finally gave us some semi-stable accounts, we be so grateful that we wouldn't notice the how our income was dwindling.  Pretty slimy. ...

I Was Informed That I Could Get The Cesspool Again!
Jan 12, 2010

So, if you are on your primary and secondary and there is work in your BOB, but a different BOB area needs help, you will be directed to new accounts by the team regional lead (police) and they will pool you to those accounts you have never done before because the account needs help getting caught up. Hopefully it does not happen to many times, but already has happened to me 5 times.   Just in time to make my pay go down EVEN MORE!!!! ...

Ahhhh...here Comes The Cesspool
May 13, 2015

getting all kind of unfamiliar accounts tonight.  the good times just never stop rolling at MModal. i have a question for those of you with the high lph.....do you get more lph with ASR, less?, or not much difference?  just wondering.   ...

A Nice, Refreshing (NOT!) Dip Into The Cesspool
Aug 08, 2010

Only now they call it a helper pool! Just about every report is from a new, unfamiliar hospital! Yay! Plus, my computer is doing that slowing down/stuttering thing that people were talking about yesterday! What my luck! I do so love my job (did I really say that?). Ugh ...

I Am In The Cesspool Now. Feel Sorry For Those This Facility.
Nov 09, 2014

The ASR for this facility is even worse than my primaries! Gonna have a dismal count today - cesspool with its accompanying client profiles, mush mouths and doctors names dictated that I cannot figure out or find a match in the database. ...

MMmodal Is Surely The Cesspool/septic Tank Of MT. Sm
Jan 16, 2013

I have NEVER in 20 years worked for such a sewer. ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Typing Cesspool. CP Says "NO Blanks" May Be Sent
Jan 11, 2011

Foreign doctor, new to me, several blanks.  What to do? ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Well, Back To NJA Again..
Oct 27, 2009

Oh dear, here it goes again. ...NJA and a whole week to go on this pay period.  Due to my sickness I had to take off my 3a-5a shift, but now cannot get work to make up.   I long ago used up all my PTO.   Arrgggghhh.  Arggghhhh.   Argghhhh.  Argghhh.  I am practicing my pirate sounds for Halloween.  I've already got the screaming banshee routine down so much I have nothing but low growly voice left. ...

I Wonder If They'd Take Me Back.
Jun 22, 2011

I quit last July because they couldn't keep me "transcriptioning," sent my resignation to my supervisor, and then received a letter in October stating that I was terminated.   Loved it!  And I'm thinking of reapplying.  Ought to be an interesting experience.. lol..  just love it!  I don't have anything else to do, and what other company would let you not work for 3 months before they terminated you?   Did I mention how much I love this ...

I Got Back Into DQS
Nov 04, 2010

I just got back in so maybe problem is fixed?! ...

Getting Back In To MT
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks so much for any advice! I am newly divorced and working at a call center, and I have an MT certificate from Everett Community College, and even though I have lost 1/2 of my stuff thanks to my ex, I seem to have held on to my foot pedal, software, and that is about it. I would like to start over and try to find an MT job. I had an excellent GPA in school but have never worked. I graduated in 2007. Am I crazy to try? I figure it is now or never, anyway. If someone here is optimistic enough ...

Getting Back Into The Biz
Mar 15, 2011

Hi all, I'm getting back into editing after a 5-year hiatus.  I'm being offered .06 cpl at this time.  Back in the day, it was an hourly wage I made.. so, am trying to figure out what it's going to take volume wise to make a decent paycheck.  Anyone have any suggestions for me?  Thanks, I appreciate this site  and your input very much! ...

DQS Back Up For Me...nm
Jun 11, 2012

nm ...

MM Wants Me Back
Sep 17, 2012

ok so after 13 years, having to resort to food stamps and borrowing money to make my rent, I leave MM approx 2-1/2 months ago to to type for 2 docs and 2 PAs in a private practice at $15/hr, no weekends, no holidays, beautiful office building, 1 hour lunch...and I get a call asking if I would consider coming back to MM ... AND I wouldn't even have to test for them!. ha....ha ha....ha ha ha....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Anyone Back In Yet?
Oct 31, 2012

Just wanna take a nap. ...

Im Back Up
Nov 26, 2012

:) ...

Looking To Get Back Into MT???
Dec 15, 2012

I worked in medical transcription for about 3 years, but it has been about 3 years since I have done it. I really need to get back into it due to the fact my family needs the extra income. I cannot work outside the home because my daughter has special needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is Anyone Else Back In?
Nov 11, 2013

Everything (for me) seems to be uploading/downloading OK.  Light is still red though.  ...

BACK AND FORTH!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2014

Since the announcement of MModal bankruptcy, I have had such mixed feelings.  First of all, I have just begun my 17th year with this company.  I have been through many TSMs or whatever they are now.  I have only had 1 that was totally unreasonable which I guess is pretty fortunate.  Like everyone else, I make about half the money I used to with this company.  I am a tier 3 MT and have been since the beginning.  I have 30 years of MT experience, have a degree in heal ...

I Want To Go Back To My Old Job
Mar 25, 2014

I left in good standing I think! Two week notice, exit interview, good words about company, etc. ...