A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Holy smokes ... if you think WE have it bad, check out the Nuance forum - MME

Posted: Dec 03, 2014

New pay plan was just announced and is going into effect ... WOW ... what a mess.  Reading that page will make you want to count your blessings with MMoral. 

they're going to the same pay plan we have - at MM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

You are so wrong. There is no set cpl now - at Nuance. You will not know

[ In Reply To ..]
week to week what you are making until all is said and done. Nobody will ever know if they are being paid correctly as the calculation is so convoluted. They call it cutting edge and industry leading, so lookout mmodal, you may be next.

Hope they're ready for lawsuits & labor board investigations..... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
... and a mass walkout! - Boy do they deserve it.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I bet that's what they are hoping for - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Send even more work to India and line their pockets. Sounds like a well-though-out plan!
I don't think this is even about - sending work to India...
[ In Reply To ..]
Is really about eliminating MTs altogether. When they low-ball human MTs so much that no one will do this even in a third world country anymore, they will simply say the hospitals have to accept VR as is with no corrections. I already saw on this board where someone saw a disclaimer at the bottom of a record saying it was a given that it had errors.
I think you're right. They just want to end it - with as little UI payments as possible.
[ In Reply To ..]
And I'm also sure the reason they're keeping all the Indians (for now) is that most likely they won't have to pay UI to the Indians when they're let go, since they don't live in the U.S.
Don't quit. Make them fire you. MRC Group - IMANMT2
[ In Reply To ..]
lured me from my hospital with FLEXIBLE hours so I could go back to college. Well, that ended. When I'd get home from class the work pool would be dried up. So they fired me for not hitting the minimum line requirement to maintain employement. I filed unemployment they denied I appealed I got unemployment after a while. They were transitioning to Medquist right at that time.

So, play their game. Work just enough for them to maintain employee or make them fire you for not being an employee (not that I did it intentionally it just worked out that way - but lesson learned) if you can hang on longer than them with not enough work. You can draw unemployment and work part-time at the same time and be enrolled in school, you just have to enroll in school BEFORE you apply for unemployment.

When everybody is tired of being ripped off by these middle men, we should really group up and take advantage of an opportunity that has presented itself to us, the people who actually do the work for cheaper. I'll post later about it. Remember, without us and our cooperation, they are nothing. They can't produce even with India and VR without us. ;)

MModal does not have that type of pay-plan. - Do you actually work here?

[ In Reply To ..]

What's to stop M*Modal from adopting - the NUANCE pay plan?

[ In Reply To ..]
Stranger things have happened at this place.

Oh please! - think

[ In Reply To ..]
We get paid half the amount for SR as we do straight typing (yes, this is the same thing as saying you'll only get paid for half your lines in SR). Send too much to QA, you get dinged. Fall below quality score, you get dinged. In fact, if you end up becoming a "proof all" your pay goes down 3 cpl.

Just because Nuance words it different doesn't make it any different, or at least not much different. Yes, they have a complicated formula and maybe MM will end up adopting it, who knows??
You all are way out. You act like you WANT bad things to happen - to you. Such a negative bunch.
[ In Reply To ..]

Agreed - there is only one place worse than MM

[ In Reply To ..]
and that's Nuance.

nuance/mm - hayley

[ In Reply To ..]
They can't pay us less than min wage, and that's what we make now.

Is it true that Nuance doesn't have a line requirement anymore? Do they have a set work schedule?

yes required lph 186 now, more under new plan. - Yes, set schedules.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

line requirement - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
No we DON'T have a line requirement anymore but we do have a set work schedule. We can type 100 lph if we want..186 was the old requirement, BUT if you type 100 lph then plan on not making any money at all, especially if you scores are low

Scores - suzi

[ In Reply To ..]
What scores do you mean when you say "especially if your scores are low." Do you mean accuracy scores?

It seems like a good thing not to have the pressure of a line requirement.

Similar Messages:

HOLY SMOKES, I Must Be Dreaming!
Oct 25, 2014

THANK GOSH I'm not working my "regular primaries" anymore ... the accounts I've been working on for the past 5 years are almost ALL completely indecipherable accents from every country on the globe but since the new switch I haven't had even ONE single report from those accounts but the new ones I'm being routed are vanilla-accented, plain English-speaking and normal-speed midwesterners in Kansas and Oklahoma.  Those of you who have always worked on these accounts until ...

Last Nuance Check
May 03, 2013

Can someone tell me if the last check has PTO on it or does it come after last payroll check?  Now that I cannot get into the web site to check I have no clue.  ...

All Nuance Fans, Check This Out . . .
Dec 30, 2013

I happened to see this on indeed.com - Nuance's ad for a VP of operations for their transcription service division.  It's just packed with insights about Nuance.  A couple of my favorite quotes from the ad: "The Nuance Transcription Service business is the largest contributor of revenue to our Healthcare business . . . " The transcription service business brings in more revenue than anything else ??!!  Real interesting fact, who would have thought, LOL. "Key emph ...

Nuance Employees Check This Out!
Jun 17, 2014

Baptist Health Systems in Louisville KY is looking for remote MTs on first and second shift and it says you need to know the Nuance platform. ...

Check Out This Link To Nuance India
Jul 11, 2012

Oh please look at this link for Nuance India: http://www.ntsindia.in/ and while you're in there, check out the tab at the top that says "MT Training" and while in that tab, look at the subheading concerning earning potential for Indian transcriptionists. The base salary as quoted from that information is 8000 rupees a moth, which equals 160 dollars in US funds.  This is why we have no work and can't make production because we cannot compete with a company that hires out of coun ...

Nuance Selling Out - Check Out This Article
Sep 26, 2014

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahcohen/2014/08/29/nuance-faces-challenges-whether-selling-in-whole-or-in-parts/ And being that ...

Check Out The UNEMPLOYMENT Message On The Nuance Board Everyone
May 29, 2012

nm ...

Holy Cow
Mar 09, 2014

I came back to see how everyone was doing only to find this.  My new job is hard on the legs, but doing okay for only being there a total of 7 whole days.  When I worked for MModal (Medquist) things were tough, but not terrible.  I'm kind of in shock over this.  ...

HOLY COW!!!
May 21, 2015

I am glad I'm sitting down. QA,TH, is actually transcribing!!! Put this on the calendar. I would love to audit her work because if it is anything like her emails, QA would have a field day w/that! Would love to pick her work apart like she does everyone else's, and not encouragingly either. Would love to see how she likes it... ...

Holy Cr*ap Batman
Mar 22, 2010

Got an RN dictating alphabet soup -- ER, CHF, CAD, CABG, INR, DOE, JVD, TURP. . . a medication that she can't get close enough to pronouncing for me to get close enough to spelling, and then to top it all off, a hgb of 113.7.  Nothing on previous report look-up is a help for this one! But I bet she got a raise -- not a pay cut ~~ ...

Holy Water
Jul 05, 2011

The wound was irrigated with Holy/Wholly water?  I have seen it both ways in old reports, can anyone clarify?  Thanks ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Holy Cow What Happened To ASR
Mar 23, 2014

it is worse than EVER...I have the clearest dictator I have had in a while and the things that are printing our are simply amazing. I need to get away from this place, I think it is seriously time to start exploring other options. ...

Holy Cow...BREATHE !!!
May 15, 2015

You don't have to do the entire dictation in one breath, honest. And stop slurring..Gonna be a loooonnng day I can see it already. ...

Holy Cow. 66 Pages To Print Out
Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time. ...

Not Sure If This Is The Right Forum, But....
Nov 04, 2010

I've been approached by a local physician to take over his transcription.  He dictates from home right now, into his computer.  I think maybe with EMDAT?  My guess would be that the voice files are created and held somewhere, and his current company/transcriptionist goes in and gets them and somehow transcribes and sends them back via the computer.  Anyway, I've been out of the loop for long enough that I'm searching for a low cost, easy way to get his files to ...

Since This Is A Forum To Help One Another...
Feb 16, 2011

I do completely straight typing & have abbreviations in my computer that I use.  I add to them but would like to know how people are increasing their line counts and get 20,000+ with straight typing in 80 hours (2 weeks)??  Any input would be appreciated!  TIA ...

New MTs Forum
Nov 05, 2012

I haven't seen any notes lately on the New MTs forum, but it's still "there."  Does anyone know if they're getting rid of it, or is something funny on my end?  Been this way for quite some time. ...

New MT Forum
Dec 16, 2012

I think the New MT Forum is drying up again.  I'm a little surprised.  It was always a very popular forum.  There are still people wanting to do MT. ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

New Layout Of Forum
Jan 26, 2010

How do you like the new forum layout? I must say that I really got used to it and I now like it better than the previous one. I especialy like the list at the bottom of the newest posts with the floating little window, indicating what it is about.   Thanks! ...

Your Forum Search Is Still Not Available
Aug 17, 2013

. ...

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into This Forum? What Gives? Nm
Aug 26, 2013

.. ...

Forum Question
Feb 17, 2015

For some reason, after I read a post, the subject isn't changing colors, so that I know what posts I've read. I use Vista with Google Chrome as my browser. Thanks! ...

I Love This Coding Forum!
Jun 17, 2010

The people on this coding forum are so pleasant and helpful. If someone gets cranky, it only seems to last for a minute and, unlike many other forums, people don't jump in and start battles. Also, people don't seem to get so defensive or take things personally the way they do in other places. There is an enormous amount of helpful information here and we get to see more than one side of everything, without battles. People respect each other's opinions even when they disagree. Thi ...

Does This Forum Have A PM System That I'm Overlooking? Sm
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone! I've seen posts where someone would say to contact them privately for whatever reason yet, unlike other forums, there seems to be no obvious way (to me, anyway), to send a private msg. to the poster. Am I overlooking something? Thanks! ...

Just Want To Say I'm Grateful For This Forum And To All Who Post Here
Mar 20, 2013

There are so many message boards on the internet, but I always come back here.  It's great to discuss issues to which we can all relate as MTs.  Beyond that,  MT Stars seems to have some of the most intelligent posters anywhere online. Thanks again. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Forum For MTs Recently Escaped From MT....
Jan 20, 2015

....to encourage each other and give each other ideas.  Does anyone know of such a forum?  Maybe we could start one here? ...