A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Holy cow what happened to ASR - sm

Posted: Mar 23, 2014

it is worse than EVER...I have the clearest dictator I have had in a while and the things that are printing our are simply amazing. I need to get away from this place, I think it is seriously time to start exploring other options.

MM's SR is the worst I have ever used. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been using SR for years, since 2007 or 2008. When they bought my company a few years ago...oh my goodness. I couldn't believe how bad it was and still is. It does not "learn" as they say it does. They want to blame that on the MTs, not changing the text, which is a load of hooey, and honestly just plain silly. Many of my doctors have "canned" phrases, things they say all the time, and SR will get it wrong every single time, which is NOT because the MTs aren't changing it -- this is stuff that clearly needs to be corrected, but it's been YEARS and still, SR doesn't get it.

SR will never get it right. There are too many dictators and - too many editors. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Seems like every time they do an update it - goes haywire..nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
ASR - ORMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they want it to be bad so the doctors who are hesitant about MM's version of EPIC to finally throw their hands up in the air and say, "I'll just do this myself," thus the company can let go of more MT workers. Crazy thinking I know, but these are crazy days.
Drs. dont know how bad asr is. THey get back a perfect - report, done by you and me. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We are the only ones that know the hoops that have to be jumped through to get that report. THe drs. dictate and voila, a perfect report appears a day or so later.
Yep, and on the other board - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
(the coding board), some coder said something to the effect of MT is of no use anymore because of VR, even phones can do that job... People have no idea how bad VR really is & what it takes to make a coherent report.
My phone does so much better! - tired
[ In Reply To ..]
My phone is greater at least 97% accurate when it comes to VR for voice mail.

Mine is putting :'s every where anyone else - this is sick

[ In Reply To ..]
every time there is a pause in goes a colon and the all new headings are just sooo helpful as well.

If such a hospital existed.... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
The patients and doctors would make a great comedy film if all the VR mistakes I've seen today were real. Doctor encouraging hitting (getting) the patient out of bed, patient being taken to the OR to have bacon (lesion) removed, patient with fractured anus (humerus), a 16-year-old sebaceous cyst (sister), and ankle ulcer which opened up and began to eat shrimp (bleed). Eat shrimp? I don't even know.

OMG that is hilarious..wow what else can you do but - laugh.. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It just keeps getting worse. - untrainable

[ In Reply To ..]
It used to be pretty reliable when it came to numbers, but nowadays, I don't even understand how it comes up with the numbers in the output, and often, it causes confusion as sometimes I am not sure if I am influenced by the output or I am wrong. Shesh, another blank for the doctor.

Holy cow what happened to ASR - sm - isee

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if a dr is new to the hospital/system so even tho dict. is gr8, maybe the VR does not know them well enough to pick it up correctly. Have had same exp. v. v. weird.

Similar Messages:

Holy Cow
Mar 09, 2014

I came back to see how everyone was doing only to find this.  My new job is hard on the legs, but doing okay for only being there a total of 7 whole days.  When I worked for MModal (Medquist) things were tough, but not terrible.  I'm kind of in shock over this.  ...

HOLY COW!!!
May 21, 2015

I am glad I'm sitting down. QA,TH, is actually transcribing!!! Put this on the calendar. I would love to audit her work because if it is anything like her emails, QA would have a field day w/that! Would love to pick her work apart like she does everyone else's, and not encouragingly either. Would love to see how she likes it... ...

Holy Cr*ap Batman
Mar 22, 2010

Got an RN dictating alphabet soup -- ER, CHF, CAD, CABG, INR, DOE, JVD, TURP. . . a medication that she can't get close enough to pronouncing for me to get close enough to spelling, and then to top it all off, a hgb of 113.7.  Nothing on previous report look-up is a help for this one! But I bet she got a raise -- not a pay cut ~~ ...

Holy Water
Jul 05, 2011

The wound was irrigated with Holy/Wholly water?  I have seen it both ways in old reports, can anyone clarify?  Thanks ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Holy Cow...BREATHE !!!
May 15, 2015

You don't have to do the entire dictation in one breath, honest. And stop slurring..Gonna be a loooonnng day I can see it already. ...

Holy Cow. 66 Pages To Print Out
Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time. ...

HOLY SMOKES, I Must Be Dreaming!
Oct 25, 2014

THANK GOSH I'm not working my "regular primaries" anymore ... the accounts I've been working on for the past 5 years are almost ALL completely indecipherable accents from every country on the globe but since the new switch I haven't had even ONE single report from those accounts but the new ones I'm being routed are vanilla-accented, plain English-speaking and normal-speed midwesterners in Kansas and Oklahoma.  Those of you who have always worked on these accounts until ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

Holy Smokes ... If You Think WE Have It Bad, Check Out The Nuance Forum
Dec 03, 2014

New pay plan was just announced and is going into effect ... WOW ... what a mess.  Reading that page will make you want to count your blessings with MMoral.  ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

S/l "holy" Dissector (used In Cholecystectomy)
Mar 04, 2011

Looking for instrument term  s/l "holy" dissector. ...

Has This Happened To You?
Dec 21, 2009

I just wondered...has anyone ever made a mistake on a report (which was your fault and you readily admit you screwed up) and get an email stating:  please explain why you made that mistake because the client is waiting for an explanation??!!!  WTH?  Yes, I purposely made that error because I wanted too?  I enjoy making critical errors?  My error was most likely a keystroke error that I failed to catch..I admit it.  I try to be as careful as possible but I am human. ...

What Happened To Me?
Apr 21, 2010

I started my bartending class yesterday.. first time I have done anything outside the house in 7 years.  I was terrified. I don't think I really realized how isolating and stressful working for the Q at home really was.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to interact with real people, doing something that was real and down to earth. But I had a wonderful time, terrified though I was.  I still feel like I've been totally reborn, and I am so relieved to be out of th ...

Has This Happened To You? What To Do?
May 06, 2010

I just to recently switched to a whole new region, supervisor and QA supervisor with 3 days notice because of ONE particular account I transcribe on. I had been typing the previous accounts for over 5 years. Since the switch two weeks ago,  I have now TEN new accounts that I type for with all new CP's, set-ups and dictators; however, I have noted AT ALL the account for which I had previously typed which was the reason I was transferred in the first place!! Furthermore, there& ...

What Happened?
Jun 21, 2010

DocQScribe froze trying to download next report.  Tried to check Q E-mail while I was waiting and it is "not available."  Am I the last to know something? ...

Has This Ever Happened To You?
Oct 11, 2010

Occasionally when I'm doing an ASR report and insert a QA marker the yellow cursor marker will go away and the cursor goes to the end of the report.  Then I have to scroll back through the report to find my place and if I lift my foot off the foot pedal it happens again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  It's irritating on a really long report.  TIA. ...

What Has Happened To MT'ing?
Jun 14, 2011

(I am not a "suit." :-) ) I would like to know from some of you what is the going rate now (really) for lines per hour or hourly pay and if there are even steady hours anymore. I just can't believe that this "profession" has gone downhill so much and downhill so quickly in even the last 5 years. I wonder what the next 5 years will look like or if there will even be MTs? If anyone has left the "profession" because they just can't make a living doing this anymore, what are you doing n ...

What Happened To The Job Ad
Jul 03, 2012

that was just on there earlier and now it's gone? I was going to send an email, came back to get the address and the posting is gone. Must have hired someone already? ...

What Do You Think Might Have Happened...
Jan 07, 2013

When I signed on this morning, I pulled down 3 reports.  I did the first one and went back to find just one left.  What happened to the other report?  Please let me know if you know.  Thanks ...

What Happened To JG?
Jan 24, 2013

I am curious to know if you got any responses to your emails.  ...

Anyone Know What Happened
Jan 28, 2013

to DF with MDI? Is she still there somewhere on board with Nuance. Wonder what she thinks about all of this, not that it really matters at this point, just curious... ...

Anyone Know What Happened With
Mar 01, 2013

Transcend law suit? I haven't seen it mentioned recently and wondered if it was still going on or settled. Anyone know? ...

This Ever Happened To Anyone?
May 18, 2013

You are made part time because you can't make full time line counts due to low work volumes, then when you go part time, you are given more accounts? ...

First, What Happened To OSi?? LOL ..
Jul 22, 2013

Used to work there but have been gone awhile and have been gone from these boards just as long.  Did they finally shut down??   My second question .. is there ANYONE out there still hiring radiology transcriptionists or has every radiology job out there been sold out to PowerScribe?  ...

Does Anyone Know What Exactly Happened In Oct?-sm
Aug 14, 2013

That is when I got a new CSM and they said they were "restructuring" and some CSMs were going to deal only with MTs and some only with customers.  My new CSM said her old MTs were always running out of work because THEY said the average MT could do "x amount" of dictation and most of hers could do twice that, and so when she got the "new-to-her" MTs and accounts, then we all started running out of work. ...

SGS...what Happened?
Mar 13, 2014

Hi all.  Is SGS still an MT company?  Did it get sold?  Did it change to coding only?  Does anyone know?    Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me. B ...

I'm Sure This Has Happened To Some Of You
Jul 19, 2014

Having been at this job for only five months, I've noticed certain new behaviors in myself that can only be attributed to the stressors of this job: Insomnia Stress eating Stress drinking Stress shopping  I know have to eliminate some of the above behaviors in order to attain a state of well-being. I have to thank god that I inherited my mom's pension after she passed away, because if it weren't for her pension supplementing my income, I would have told MModal to � ...

What Happened To The MT
Mar 09, 2015

for failing Jan and Feb audits? Curious how it went. ...