A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HOLY SMOKES, I must be dreaming! - anon

Posted: Oct 25, 2014

THANK GOSH I'm not working my "regular primaries" anymore ... the accounts I've been working on for the past 5 years are almost ALL completely indecipherable accents from every country on the globe but since the new switch I haven't had even ONE single report from those accounts but the new ones I'm being routed are vanilla-accented, plain English-speaking and normal-speed midwesterners in Kansas and Oklahoma.  Those of you who have always worked on these accounts until the switch must've been raking in the big bucks ... maybe now I can actually make a decent, livable check.  Heck why not dream big ... I might even be able to get myself off Food Stamps.

For those of you who might be doing my horrible old primary accounts, GOOD LUCK ... and, I'M SORRY.  I wouldn't wish those on my worst enemy. 

About time... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy things have been reorganized across the board. I have been in a pod for several months and was told by HDSM this would be done company-wide to "level the field," as some were extremely lucky to have great accounts with easy dictators, while others were stuck with garbage. Now we will see who really has what it takes to stick with it around here..Good luck with the crap many of us have been dealing with for years and thanks for your gravy accounts.

Agreed ... these accounts are a *breeeeze* - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a WHOLE. NEW. WORLD.

Even if I keep doing work on the crap accounts I've had for so long (and going broke on - literally) I know I can be in a better frame of mind to give them a little more effort if I can take a mental break with a few of these reports during the day.

Now that I've thought about it today, I actually can't recall EVER hearing one single complaint from an employee who works in the midwest. Now I know why ... they're absolutely dreamy. If I worked in the midwest full time it would feel like I hit the lottery.

I sincerely hope some of the rest of you have the playing field leveled for you, too and I honestly mean that. We *ALL* deserve to do an occasional decent account once in a while - it makes absolutely no sense at ALL why some people should get nothing but mind-liquifying accounts while others breeze through months or years of radio announcer voices.

I honestly didn't know what I was missing.

I still have my difficult account, but at least I've had it - since 1999

[ In Reply To ..]
so I know how to deal with it. Glad some of you are getting decent work.

Hope you didnt jinx yourself - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You know what they say once you acknowledge something good,,,poof its gone..What region may I ask? I have noticed no difference in the North, other then having more accounts added to my normally horrible ones.

LOL ... yes I have heard that !! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I sure hope I didn't ... but I've heard that too! I guess time will tell when I clock in to work tomorrow.

The super crappy accounts I've always worked are in the western region, mostly in CA - San Francisco area with every imaginable thick and indecipherable accent (98% accents, only about 2% native English speakers) but since the changes to the "pod" set up, I haven't done those accounts anymore and they've been replaced with midwest ones ... Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska area. It was the first day in YEARS I've earned a decent wage without feeling like I got hit by a truck at the end. Just nice, smooth, clear dictation with normal speed and clarity and tiny little client profiles that were super basic. I never even knew such dreamy accounts even existed!

I hope in all these changes that you all get some good ones too ... I hope something good comes from all the years of crappy work we've all done and if MModal is working toward evening up the difficulty level for our work so we all have a nice "mix", it would be one of the best changes they've made for us in YEARS.

Similar Messages:

Holy Smokes ... If You Think WE Have It Bad, Check Out The Nuance Forum
Dec 03, 2014

New pay plan was just announced and is going into effect ... WOW ... what a mess.  Reading that page will make you want to count your blessings with MMoral.  ...

Am I Dreaming
Aug 01, 2014

Today it seems as though my primary account has dried up and I'm working on my secondary and tertiary accounts.  Sure hope this is temporary.  I hate these things.  ...

OK, I Know I Wasn't Dreaming Last Night When I ...
Mar 10, 2011

tried several times to go to this site and it either would not load or a couple of times it went to some totally different site...had a picture of a dog on it, forget what the text on it said but it was something similar to "MT stars". Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I gave up getting on the site last night and this morning the site came right up. ...

Dreaming Of Mode Instability?
Feb 01, 2012

Elderly patient involved in MVA, developed cellulitis to leg.  He became delirious on Lexapro and his mood became unstable.  Would this be an appropriate sentence for HPI?  The patient is a 76-year-old married white man who was transferred from the Medical Service for evaluation and _____ (dreaming of mode) instability. ...

Holy Cow
Mar 09, 2014

I came back to see how everyone was doing only to find this.  My new job is hard on the legs, but doing okay for only being there a total of 7 whole days.  When I worked for MModal (Medquist) things were tough, but not terrible.  I'm kind of in shock over this.  ...

HOLY COW!!!
May 21, 2015

I am glad I'm sitting down. QA,TH, is actually transcribing!!! Put this on the calendar. I would love to audit her work because if it is anything like her emails, QA would have a field day w/that! Would love to pick her work apart like she does everyone else's, and not encouragingly either. Would love to see how she likes it... ...

Holy Cr*ap Batman
Mar 22, 2010

Got an RN dictating alphabet soup -- ER, CHF, CAD, CABG, INR, DOE, JVD, TURP. . . a medication that she can't get close enough to pronouncing for me to get close enough to spelling, and then to top it all off, a hgb of 113.7.  Nothing on previous report look-up is a help for this one! But I bet she got a raise -- not a pay cut ~~ ...

Holy Water
Jul 05, 2011

The wound was irrigated with Holy/Wholly water?  I have seen it both ways in old reports, can anyone clarify?  Thanks ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Holy Cow What Happened To ASR
Mar 23, 2014

it is worse than EVER...I have the clearest dictator I have had in a while and the things that are printing our are simply amazing. I need to get away from this place, I think it is seriously time to start exploring other options. ...

Holy Cow...BREATHE !!!
May 15, 2015

You don't have to do the entire dictation in one breath, honest. And stop slurring..Gonna be a loooonnng day I can see it already. ...

Holy Cow. 66 Pages To Print Out
Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time. ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

S/l "holy" Dissector (used In Cholecystectomy)
Mar 04, 2011

Looking for instrument term  s/l "holy" dissector. ...