A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help! Pay stub question! - Newbiegal

Posted: Mar 27, 2010

So I've been at Medquist about 2 months and this last paycheck was my first all-production check. I only make 0.05 cents a line and it has ME 0.05 and MT 0.05 and then it has my lines. The lines match what is on Doc Q Manage, but I don't see how it is a 60% rate for editing. I hope it's right because I am getting paid way more than I thought I would. Does everyone else's paystub have the same rate for ME and MT? Or is this an error and they are going to come back and take the extra money from me? If it's right, I must just be figuring wrong. When DocQManage counts the lines, does it reflect 60% or does Medquist adjust that on your paystub? I hope this question makes sense and someone will answer me!! Thanks! :-)

If you have only recently completed ASR - sm - meemee

[ In Reply To ..]
training, then for the first month or so (not sure if it is 30 or 60 days), you receive the same line rate for ASR (ME) as you do for MT. I hope this answers your question. Have a great day!

Thanks! - newbiegal

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh ok! I did not know that. I did ASR at the beginning of Feb. I think. Well I am glad it's not an error then! I didn't want it to fall back on me later! Thanks!

Understand - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If she is literate at all and hired on for 5 cents a line, I see now why they are trying to get rid of the rest of us.

oh my goodness - 5 cpl -3 cpl for QA

[ In Reply To ..]
that is 2 cpl people!

Why would someone agree to work for that?

More confused - poorasdirt

[ In Reply To ..]
Why in God's name would they pay ANYBODY $65,000 annually when Newbiegal is willing to work for 5 cents a line? None of this is "adding" up.

Please tell us 5 cpl for MT is a typo ? Should - be 8+ for MT and 5 for ME

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually one would hope closer to 10 formt, but 5 for MEW would be a little over 60% of 8...

flat rate per line for ASR - sickenedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told just the other day by the recruiter that there is now a flat rate per line, not a percentage of the straight transcription rate. The flat rate is 4cpl, so minus 3cpl for QA and it's 1 cpl!!!! The recruiter didn't see why I was arguing with that rate!! Seriously?

Hey, tell them you want YOGA TRAINING and a PING-PONG TABLE to go with that lilne rate! - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to match the Americans with the Indians, but the Indians get the good stuff. Damn, I started transcription at 4 cents a line in 1985 (not MQ of course), ended at MQ at 8.5 cents typed and ASR 5.1 or something like that. 25 years of experience. As*ho*es!!!

Please tell me they're NOT hiring at 5 cents a line! - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would anyone agree to transcribe at that rate? Yes, no wonder they want the rest of us to QUIT!
Well I can kiss it goodbye apparently. They will be replacing me with 5 cent a liners! - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Better watch out L&L -- you are way more overpaid than me!

What? Wait a second - Badcat

[ In Reply To ..]
I was rehired at the start of February and they told me 8 cpl for transcription, didn't tell me what ASR was but I assumed 5 cpl. When did this flat rate thing start? Why wasn't I informed by my CCM?

MAY HAVE MISUNDERSTANDING - sickenedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't mean that they pay 5cpl for transcription. What I am saying is that it was 7.5 I think for level 3 or tier 3, whatever they call it, and then instead of 60% of that being your ASR rate, the ASR rate is now a flat 4 cpl. It would be 4.5 cpl if it were 60% of 7.5 cpl or 4.8 cpl if 60% of 8 cpl, etc. It must have just happened because it was not the case in January. So, I am meaning that ASR is a flat rate, not 60% of the transcription line rate. Sorry for any confusion.

If you ever think they've overpaid you... - toots

[ In Reply To ..]
got a letter that said they noticed I'd been overpaid a couple cents a line and even though IT IS MQ'S POLICY TO REQUIRE REPAYMENT, in my case they were not going to do it. I had no idea, but was happy they weren't going to take any $$ back.

Is this the only profession that doesn't keep up with inflation or COL raises? - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
It is really sad. The only ones making the money are the CEO's and suits off of our fingers. YOU CAN ONLY TYPE SO FAST! Like I said before, I started out with on-the-job training in 1985 at 4 cents a line. It is now 2010, and at MQ I was making 8.5 cpl straight typing and ASR 5.1 cpl. The only good thing I can say about this profession is that I was able to stay at home with my babies and I would absolutely not have traded that experience for the world!

I know, I know - newbiegal

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I realize I am extremely underpaid, but I am fresh out of school and there were very few companies willing to hire a new grad with no experience. I asked for 7 when I got the job offer, but 5 was all they would give me. It was either take that or not get a job, so I figure I will just get my year of experience in and then hopefully be able to go somewhere where they will pay me more!

No raise in 6 years. Pay cut when you factor in ASR. - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
OOPs I forgot about my millionth of a cent per line that will be forthcoming ~~

Similar Messages:

Pay Stub SM
Feb 08, 2013

Can someone please tell me where to find out pay stubs now.  When I click on the pay stubs tab under Nuance payroll, I get a message that there are none for 2013.  Thanks ...

Where Do I Find My Pay Stub?
Jun 25, 2010

I have direct deposit and am wondering......do they send me a paper pay stub or is there somewhere I can look to see this information? TIA   ...

Pay Stub Explanation
Jul 19, 2011

Would someone please tell me what this means on our pay stubs under HOURS AND EARNINGS: TR QA lines wk I know it has to do with lines transcribed but where does this amount come from? Thanks ...

Check Stub
Dec 29, 2012

ADP on webclock.  How do I view my check stub?  Still not seeing it.  Thanks.  I do not see ADP anywhere to choose. ...

Subsidy On Pay Stub
Jun 06, 2015

I was recently looking over my pay stubs and noticed there was a subsidy amount for the first 3 months of 2013. Does anyone remember what that was for?   ...

Minimum Wage On Pay Stub
Jun 10, 2010

On today's check I had 0.25 hours at minimum wage, and I have no idea why. I have always produced my 150 lph minimum every day since I started. I am not making a ton of money, but my hourly average is more than minimum wage. Now I am getting really paranoid. Of course, I am in the over 10 cpl category. This just can't be right, but I fear it has put me on some big-wig's termination radar. ...

How To Read Medquist Pay Stub???
Aug 14, 2010

I am fairly new to Medquist and when I receive the "2" paystubs in the mail--I have no idea how to read it.  Can anyone help? I have tried emaily them--but with no answer. ...

Where The Shift Differential Is On The Pay Stub?
Mar 11, 2011

Also wondering..... did anyone ever figure out where the shift differential is on the pay stub? ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

Should Pay Stub Info Be Available On UltiPro ?
Nov 02, 2012

Good morning everyone.  I was newly acquired by MModal and still struggling to figure out how everything works.  I checked the UltiPro site this morning (9:00 EST) and it shows my Gross/Net pay for last pay period as $0--Yikes! Does anyone know what time our pay stub info should be available to view on pay day?  I need to know if I should contact Payroll because of an issue or if I just need to wait for the info to show up. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Where Can I Find My Pay Stub On Webmedx Platform??
Jan 04, 2012

I thought it was located on the community home page.. but I cannot locate where?!  I need to print my last check stub from them.  Thanks for any help!! ...

What A Smack In The Face! Just Looked At My Pay Stub For The 1st Time
Nov 11, 2010

in a few months. I get direct deposit and rarely check my pay stubs on line. I've been doing significantly more lines this month so I wanted to see exactly what I make per line on ASR. I went from 6.75 to .555!! What? I am SO upset and disappointed. Why didn't they tell me about this huge cut in pay? Here I was calculating my lines at the 6+ rate, only to see on my pay stub that I've been making substantially less per line. I feel sick! I am going to contact my supe, but I don ...

How To Determine Your Line Count On Your Check Stub
Jul 15, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to determine your line count on your check stub.  I can't make heads nor tails of it.  The hours are correct, I just can't figure out the line counts.  ...