A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What a smack in the face! Just looked at my pay stub for the 1st time - MQer

Posted: Nov 11, 2010

in a few months. I get direct deposit and rarely check my pay stubs on line. I've been doing significantly more lines this month so I wanted to see exactly what I make per line on ASR. I went from 6.75 to .555!! What? I am SO upset and disappointed. Why didn't they tell me about this huge cut in pay? Here I was calculating my lines at the 6+ rate, only to see on my pay stub that I've been making substantially less per line. I feel sick! I am going to contact my supe, but I don't get it. My MT rate is the same. Was there a cut that I didn't hear about? I can't work this hard on ASR for 5 cents per line. No effin way.

It took me almost 6 hours to do 800 lines as it is! Do the math! That's just working for peanuts. I'm so *****

Um, they can't just cut your pay w/o telling you can they? - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean, I know they cut your pay for over 5% QA but that is by 3 cents a line. I'd definitely call your CCM tomorrow. I'd be so effin pissed too. Maybe they are sneakily cutting the rate by just a little bit thinking we won't notice. Um, if THEY lived paycheck to paycheck they'd noticed! Now, I think I better go check MY paystub.

Yikes! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I never open my paystubs, just check the amount of deposit. After reading what happened to you, I just checked it, and it looks okay - 40% less per line for ASR, which I mostly all I get.

I also looked at my year-to-date. I don't think I'll even break $20k this year. Wasn't too many years ago I earned #45k.

yep I made 45K a few yrs ago 2 - now I am lower than u

[ In Reply To ..]
have faith, u can get lower.

Yikes! - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there a way to see you pay stub online or do you have to wait till it comes in the mail? If so, let me know, please. Thanks
It depends. - ...........
[ In Reply To ..]
If you receive your check in the mail, you will get your pay stub with your paper check.

If you get direct deposit, you will not get a paper check stub in the mail.

The pay stub, if you have direct deposit, is available online.

The website is: https://ipay.adp.com/iPay/login.jsf

You have to register. Then, every payday, you can view, save, print, etc., your pay stubs.

I hope MTStars does not mind me posting this site URL. MQ has a history of not letting people know how to access information that they need.
It depends - sarmt
[ In Reply To ..]
not true. Paper pay stubs still come snail mail even with direct deposit. One must sign up to receive pay stub online

Down another $80 myself - How low can they go?

[ In Reply To ..]
Before we start to wonder? It totally blows me away when I have to virtually retype a 1174(s) report on ASR because it is so obviously wrong (First Time Right? Not even close!) But supposedly I have exceeded my monthly limit for F11'ing the garbage. ?? Lawsuit anyone? I'm documenting.

How low can they go? - jumpin jack flash

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a post on here by someone called Whisper regarding a lawsuit, but I think it mysteriously disappeared along with the couple of replies to it when I saw it???

Noticed that too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Somewhere, although I just looked for it and couldn't find it, there are rules for posting on MTStars. That thread was probably considered volatile or inflammatory (there's a word for it) and removed by the moderators.

hmm, they cut pay all the time, 1st time for u?? - join the crowd :(

[ In Reply To ..]
we all work for peanuts

Welcome to my world. - I check my stubs

[ In Reply To ..]
online EVERY pay period and have opened a case with the Dept of Labor.

They have screwed me out of a lot of money.

DON'T let it go. I have been screwed out of PTO, I have not been paid for lines typed, I have not been paid for down time, I have not been paid proper min wage when not getting line count due to NJA, and I have not been paid for the 15 minute wait period we must wait before logging out for NJA.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I am starting to get my grease.

Don't let them get away with it. I still have my job, and I am actually getting retribution as well.

Similar Messages:

Pt With Horner's Syndrome. She Seems *sweatily* On Both Sides Of The Face. Face Is Otherwise S
Feb 24, 2010

nm ...

Prolonged Service Without Face To Face Patient Contact
Nov 09, 2010

Can 99358 and 99359 still be reported in addition to e/m services and procedures or should we use another code? ...

If I Could Reach Through The Phone, Id Smack Ya
Jun 19, 2012

x ...

Pay Stub SM
Feb 08, 2013

Can someone please tell me where to find out pay stubs now.  When I click on the pay stubs tab under Nuance payroll, I get a message that there are none for 2013.  Thanks ...

Have Any Of You Looked Into.......
Aug 25, 2013

.......getting an RHIT?  This is just one of the things I am considering. ...

Just Looked At My W2
Jan 21, 2015

I haven't made such a low amount since the early 90s, and that was working a low-paying job with great benefits - which was the only thing that kept me there. ...

Don't Know Why I Even Looked...
Jun 22, 2015

Open for any suggestions on how to handle this one?  I am on vacation.  I'm from Chicago and right now in a hotel in Asheville NC on a road trip until July 1!  I checked my email and saw that I have a failed audit and have a scheded mandatory conference call on Wednesday at 11 am. Well, I am going to be in the van with my family on my way to Virginia at that time!!  Should I call and let the pod mistress know or act like I never checked?  I had such a feeling someth ...

Help! Pay Stub Question!
Mar 27, 2010

So I've been at Medquist about 2 months and this last paycheck was my first all-production check. I only make 0.05 cents a line and it has ME 0.05 and MT 0.05 and then it has my lines. The lines match what is on Doc Q Manage, but I don't see how it is a 60% rate for editing. I hope it's right because I am getting paid way more than I thought I would. Does everyone else's paystub have the same rate for ME and MT? Or is this an error and they are going to come back and tak ...

Where Do I Find My Pay Stub?
Jun 25, 2010

I have direct deposit and am wondering......do they send me a paper pay stub or is there somewhere I can look to see this information? TIA   ...

Feel Like I Have Looked EVERYWHERE
Oct 19, 2010

Where to look now?  I feel like I have looked everywhere possible.  I applied to a place in Minnesota.  They had told me, "After we review all of your tests (which I passed) and your application, along with your online interview, you will be contacted."  I have not yet been contacted, and that was on 9/22.  I have emailed them and everything, and they have not responded.  I was thinking about calling them, but should I even bother? Also, I had advice from my mother ...

Pay Stub Explanation
Jul 19, 2011

Would someone please tell me what this means on our pay stubs under HOURS AND EARNINGS: TR QA lines wk I know it has to do with lines transcribed but where does this amount come from? Thanks ...

Check Stub
Dec 29, 2012

ADP on webclock.  How do I view my check stub?  Still not seeing it.  Thanks.  I do not see ADP anywhere to choose. ...

Subsidy On Pay Stub
Jun 06, 2015

I was recently looking over my pay stubs and noticed there was a subsidy amount for the first 3 months of 2013. Does anyone remember what that was for?   ...

Regarding Paychecks. I Looked At How Many Hours
Jan 10, 2010

I decided to look how many hours left in PTO and it was deducted today because I used some PTO on this paycheck that should have been deposited in my account yesterday morning.  I think that is good news?  Payroll doing their job?  Maybe it means paychecks should be in our accounts in pending mode which should be deposited first and then deductions taken out next.  Otherwise, my direct deposit check would not show until the 12th which to me, is one day late.  ...

Minimum Wage On Pay Stub
Jun 10, 2010

On today's check I had 0.25 hours at minimum wage, and I have no idea why. I have always produced my 150 lph minimum every day since I started. I am not making a ton of money, but my hourly average is more than minimum wage. Now I am getting really paranoid. Of course, I am in the over 10 cpl category. This just can't be right, but I fear it has put me on some big-wig's termination radar. ...

How To Read Medquist Pay Stub???
Aug 14, 2010

I am fairly new to Medquist and when I receive the "2" paystubs in the mail--I have no idea how to read it.  Can anyone help? I have tried emaily them--but with no answer. ...

Where The Shift Differential Is On The Pay Stub?
Mar 11, 2011

Also wondering..... did anyone ever figure out where the shift differential is on the pay stub? ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

Should Pay Stub Info Be Available On UltiPro ?
Nov 02, 2012

Good morning everyone.  I was newly acquired by MModal and still struggling to figure out how everything works.  I checked the UltiPro site this morning (9:00 EST) and it shows my Gross/Net pay for last pay period as $0--Yikes! Does anyone know what time our pay stub info should be available to view on pay day?  I need to know if I should contact Payroll because of an issue or if I just need to wait for the info to show up. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Have You Ever Looked Up Your TSM On Google Or Facebook?
Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up?  ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Where Can I Find My Pay Stub On Webmedx Platform??
Jan 04, 2012

I thought it was located on the community home page.. but I cannot locate where?!  I need to print my last check stub from them.  Thanks for any help!! ...

Looked Up My Account On Google. Curious.
Aug 18, 2012

They are hiriing MT's in-house.  Looking for an MT who graduated from high school, some college experience in medical transcription and 1-2 years experience.  Pay is 15.50-22.50 an hour with benefits.  I'm applying!  ...

I See That More Than 150 People Have Looked At My Post, But No Recommendations
Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much.  Sincerely,  Suzie ...

How To Determine Your Line Count On Your Check Stub
Jul 15, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to determine your line count on your check stub.  I can't make heads nor tails of it.  The hours are correct, I just can't figure out the line counts.  ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

Patient Wrote This On His Chart - Grispang For Ringworm. ?? I Looked On Google And Unless I'm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

Max Face
Feb 05, 2010

I haven't ever heard this phrase before and wondered if someone could tell me what it is/the correct way to transcribe it. Patient has facial trauma after high-speed motor vehicle collision. ...and on arrival had imaging workup with a traumagram and "max face" CT. ...

Face It...
Apr 17, 2013

She/they are never ever. EVER. going to tell you what you want to hear on these calls. Ever.  They tell us things we already know - what our collective concerns are via the employee survey, that they're oh-so-excited about this and that - things that will pad THEIR paychecks, not ours - and spout off a bunch of useless "statistics" that not one of us cares about - pretty much how successful THEY are as a company, not us as the MTs. Pass on some of that wealth!  Again, if you' ...

I Indeed On His Face! (sm)
Dec 26, 2013

Dictated: "I&D'd on his face" ...