A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Found this info when I was trying to figure out the - buy out. Very interesting.

Posted: Jul 03, 2012

Higher utilization of offshore production and ASR leads to lower costs for us, which permits us to offer better pricing to our customers while at the same time contributing to margin growth. We have successfully migrated a significant portion of our volume offshore and we will continue these efforts.

As technological advances and increased use of offshore resources have driven down industry costs, the average price per character has also declined as healthcare providers have sought to participate in the economic gains. We intend to monitor and adjust our pricing accordingly to remain competitive as these industry trends continue.

Operating Improvements

Cost of revenues on a per unit basis has declined compared to the prior year period due to the increased percentage of volume produced offshore and the increased utilization of ASR technology, as well as a shift in other staffing offshore in order to further reduce operating costs. We increased our offshore production volumes from 41% for the three months ended March 31, 2011 to 48% for the three months ended March 31, 2012. We also increased our use of ASR technology from 72% for the three months ended March 31, 2011 to 75% for the three months ended March 31, 2012. As we continue to increase the use of ASR technology and move volume offshore, we expect to continue to reduce costs.

Sucks to be us - On Shore MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hoping to make it to retirement age before taking a greeter position at Walmart.

We joke, but from what I have heard - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
those greeters are making way more than we are!!

Just as well ... I read they've done away with those - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It was mentioned in a recent article that their greeters didn't add anything to their customer's shopping experience so it was decided to eliminate the greeter position. If it hasn't happened yet in your area, it will be very soon.

Can we be forced to change our schedule? - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
I received the following email. I already work Friday-Saturday and Sunday...now they want me to take 4 hours from Mon or Thurs and work longer on the week-end. Can they do this???

As you all know there have been some issues with TAT recently so therefore some mandatory schedule changes need to be put in effect until you have been notified otherwise. We need you to decrease your schedule by 4 hours between Mon-Thurs, with the exception of Wednesday this week due to the holiday and replace those 4 hours between Friday, Saturday and Sunday, preferably Friday or Saturday evening. Please let me know which hours you would like to change right away so that we know we have adequate coverage.

Uhm,,on that notice I would tell them to pack sand - but thats just me

[ In Reply To ..]
its one of those do it to keep on the good side and employed or dont and they will never forget,,,I would NEVER do it

I always wonder about this issue with the CCMs - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
If we are a 24/7 company, like my CCM loves to throw out there, why are they not required to work weekends? If the largest volume of work is produced on the weekends, I would think that they should have a Tues-Sat or Sun-Thu schedule like the rest of us. I am sick to death of being threatened with them changing my schedule. I was hired with this schedule and it was good enough then. If the needs changed, hire someone to cover the shift you are short.

If I am going to be forced to work every weekend, so should they!

My CCM works 24/7 ... literally - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
She is on board all day, every day.
on this board maybe - thats what they do
[ In Reply To ..]
Read the board and then joke around between themselves. Ha ha. Isnt it funny?

well put - ditto that

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Absolutely not - Ignore the email

[ In Reply To ..]
Back 3 CCMs ago we all got the "mandatory switch of schedules" and I gave up my nice M-F to wherever she had openings which ended up of course evenings and weekends. Then of course a few weeks after that we lost our account and everyone under the CCM got switched around to somebody else. Every CCM since I have tried to get some semblance of my schedule back but they just ignore my email and pretend like I do not exist. I absolutely regret changing my schedule, it did nothing for me and I still sit without work.

I can sit for days on end without response from my current CCM so if I ever got an email like that I would respond back in as timely fashion as I get responded to.

Gee I thought it was just my CCM that ignores me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Really makes me wonder what they do for work...Hopping on and checking backlog every few hours far from qualifies as a full time job..What DO they do anyway? other then the payroll and talking to the accounts, which also I hardly think takes a whole lot of work either..Scam how do I get that job?
Gee I thought - WrigleysSpearmint
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been told that these CCMs stay on the phone a lot, practically most of the day in conference calls with other management people. One of my former CCMs claims she was on the phone a lot and that was why she didn't answer her emails in a timely manner. I don't know if this is the case for EVERY CCM but that's the excuse our's gave us.
On the phone about what? - hard to believe
[ In Reply To ..]
that that job is that difficult...Sorry but it doesnt..its a scheduling job and a running interference job...anyone can do it. they dont answer cause they are out messing around..Had one at another company that answered emails from her Iphone...
On the phone - DontknowDontCare
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't ask me, I don't have a clue what the CCMs talk about on the phone in these conference meetings. But, that is what my former CCM told our team of MTs when we complained about not being able to reach her - not answering emails, etc. She said she was on the phone a lot. I don't work for MMODAL anymore thank God.
CCM work - soapie12
[ In Reply To ..]
This company is so top heavy with management positions, I can see my CCM constantly being on the phone probably getting conflicting instructions from different managers and trying to figure out which ones to obey and which to ignore! Mmodal needs to trim the fat in management. We don't need all those managers and departments! I think that's part of why some of us have too much work and others have very little, they don't like crossing over between BOBs (at least my CCM doesn't seem to like it). I don't know, I just work here or at least try to.

No, don't change your schedule - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
Anytime I was asked to change my schedule, I had the good sense to tell them I already scheduled other things into those times, and sorry, but I wasn't able to change my time. I never got fired and was never forced to change my time.

Can we be forced to change our schedule - OnMyTime

[ In Reply To ..]
I was asked to change mine but it didn't matter because I worked whenever I wanted to anyway. My CCM never even noticed. I was asked to work 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. which I hated. I'd get on in the mornings sometimes or later at night, whatever suited me and when there was work available. I figured as long as I got my 8 hours in it was no big deal.

I would not advise this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can be put on the compliance list for working outside your schedule unless you have ticket numbers for NJA for that specific day. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your shift, you can be written up and/or fired. It has happened before and I just would not advise anyone to do this.
I would not advise this - sm - NoMatterNow
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe, but I did it and got away with it. CCM never said a word to me about it either. It really doesn't matter for me anymore anyway because I don't work for MMODAL anymore anyway. I resigned. Got a better job. ;-)
My CCM - PJ
[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM always told us when we ran out of work we had 1 of 3 choices - flex time until more work came in, take PTO or take leave without pay. I NEVER filled out one of those NJA tickets. Maybe it depends on your CCM. Apparently there are a lot of MMODAL MTs who have CCMs who are clueless as to what they do.
You need to fill out the NJA - soapie12
[ In Reply To ..]
They are using those tickets to evaluate the workload/employee ratio. They are also using those tickets to evaluate the CCMs to make sure they are properly staffing their accounts. Sounds to me like your CCM is trying to look good at your expense. I am convinced that if you don't submit that NJA ticket when you run out of work, it can be used again you later if JPMC decides to make cuts to the MT force. Please, help us all out especially the other MTs under your CCM, and submit those tickets anyway. Mmodal needs these to properly staff the accounts. That's just my humble opinion though.

Also in cahoots with Nuance apparently - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
On June 30, 2011, MModal MQ Inc. and Nuance Communications, Inc. ("Nuance") entered into an agreement whereby MModal MQ Inc. agreed to pay Nuance an agreed upon amount in full satisfaction of MModal MQ Inc.'s license fee obligations with respect to certain products through June 30, 2015. MModal MQ Inc. also agreed to pay Nuance for one year of maintenance services to be provided by Nuance to MModal MQ Inc. with respect to the licensed products.

Can anyone interpret? - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
Whoooosh....this last one goes right over my head! I know this is some kind of legalese, but can anyone put in simpler terms what this means?

Did anyone here know about some kind of connection between Nuance and M*Modal before now? Maybe a dumb question, but they're two completely separate companies, aren't they? i.e., not related in some way?

I thought Nuance used MModals software but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
then MModal merged with the Q so I think they are just tying up loose ends.

Not in cahoots - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance acquired Transcend, which uses BeyondTXT, which is an M-Modal platform. The agreement has to do with licensing and maintenance. A little paranoid, are we?

All I said was they had a contract. Not paranoid. - They are just friendlier

[ In Reply To ..]
than I thought. Don't be nasty.

Not nice to call people paranoid. It is a form of - passing thru

[ In Reply To ..]
bullying.
You're right - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Notice they never say a thing about quality - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I do believe the quality issue and lack of it will come back to bite them in the --- eventually. I have to believe that some one out there cares what the reports look like and the integrity of the medical record. I have to believe that some one out there will not tolerate the lack of quality. Hope is all I have that this profession will rise from the ashes some day.

Quality doesn't matter until someone gets sued - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone else posted something about this elsewhere on this board. Something about being sued and having to present a medical record report typed by Indian MTs. I mean, really, what would a Judge think if he/she should see a report typed by an offshore MT where the report was one big long paragraph with no punctuation or anything and hard to read and understand. That Judge would most likely find the doctor/hospital guilty due mostly an inability to decipher the poor quality reports thus causing the doc/hosp to make a mistake. That made sense to me. If you don't have a good thorough understanding of the most difficult language in the world, English, you should not be typing medical record reports as docs/hosps rely heavily on them. I guess that's what it will take, losing lawsuits due in part to reports that are impossible to read and understand. Does somebody really have to die or be maimed for life (I am not exaggerating here, it can happen) due in part to a poor quality report before the industry decides that report quality is important enough to pay close attention to? Sad.

Similar Messages:

The MTSOs Have Found Another Way To Screw Us -- Anyone Have Info On
Apr 26, 2010

Looks like the MTSOs have found a new trick pony.  They tried to screw Medical Transcriptionists out of hard-earned money by trying to implement line counts based on VBC (visible black character), but very few MTs were willing to accept that, so not many MTSOs are still trying to push it.  Now they have found their newest way to screw the MT -- “meeting quality” mandate in order for us to keep the minimum wage we currently make.  Pay is set at .09 for 65 char line wi ...

Where Do I Find OOW/Remedy/six Minutes Info? Not Found In Policies.
Feb 12, 2014

nm ...

Orthopedics Splint - Figure-eight Or Figure-8
Apr 18, 2010

The patient has a fracture and the doctor said he "placed a figure-8 splint."  What is the correct for this: figure-8, figure-eight, figure-of-8, or figure-of-eight? ...

Figure-of-eight Or Figure-of-8 Sutures? Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...

How To Figure This
Mar 10, 2010

How should I figure out lines per hour? ...

How Do You Figure Out This ????
Jul 21, 2010

I am not good in math and would like to know how you figure out which is better 7 cpl w/spaces and a 55-char. line or 8 cpl w/spaces and a 65-char. line?  I am told the 7 cpl rate uses a lot of canned text that you get paid the full amount for so this should be a plus. Anyone out there feel brainy today?  If so, thanks for your help. ...

Can't Figure Out
Aug 02, 2010

It is also important to watch for the development of delirium tremens and treat with       s/l perincual valiums if this should occur. Any suggestions would be appreciated! ...

Figure This One Out.
Nov 17, 2012

I wonder if the in-house employees, office employees, have their time as scrutinized as ours is.  I wonder if they get docked for, let's say, going to the bathroom or getting a cup of coffee.  I know the transcriptionists working in-house make $15 an hour to start.  There was a job advertised 6 months ago or so, and I questioned it.  Here is their reasoning:  Because they have to drive and wear dress clothes, they make more money.  What the #$)(.  I have t ...

Can't Figure Out Why...
Jan 03, 2013

VR just can't get the word "catheterization."  This time it said "catheter is Asian."  Good grief. ...

Trying To Figure Out A Word
Jan 13, 2010

I'm trying to figure out a word that s/l "perinif"....here is the sentence.   The pain actually radiated square across her upper abdomen, but is close to the side of her surgical ______.  I had her undergo a CT scan Thanks for any suggestions!   ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Diwali -- Last To Figure It Out
Nov 04, 2010

We were told there would be more work for the next few days.  Then I looked up what you were all talking about (Diwali).  At least now I know what happened to all our work -- it is going to India.  I simply don't understand that.  Yes, I understand the hospitals wanting to pay lower rates, but I DO NOT understand how they would put up with the poor quality of work they are surely receiving.  I am so discouraged and heart sick. ...

Can't Figure Out This Sign
May 09, 2011

Dr. is listing....Patient with 3-4 weeks of a frontal headache.  Discomfort with ROM of the neck, a lot of trapezius muscle tightness and paraspinal muscle tightness.  Positive s/l La-Rick.  ?????  HELP! ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

IC - How Do You Figure Your Taxes?
Sep 19, 2014

Going to be working as an IC and curious how to figure what I might need to be putting back for taxes.  I did this years ago and paid quarterly taxes, but can't remember the formula I had to use to figure what to send.  Seems like it was a percentage. ANyone direct me to where I can find out short of actually going to see an accountant.  TIA.   ...

I Cannot For The Life Of Me Figure Out
Jun 13, 2015

Seriously, no disrespect, 25 year veteran here, but really.  I cannot understand why any of you who are the caliber I was, which I know is many of you, well trained, top notch, used to earn 40,000 without blinking an eye and denegrated to become minimum wage typists adhering to draconian policy.   The BEST thing I ever did was quit and immediately land a job paying 40,000 a year...simple work, not my dream job, but great benefits, they BEGGED me to take the job...even after offering m ...

S/l Wecksel Pledget - I Know I've Had This Before, But Just Can't Figure It Out. Nm
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

How To Find Or Figure Out Blanks
Oct 27, 2009

Hi, I am looking for any ideas or tips that MT's may have as to how to find or figure out blanks. Thank you. ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Can't Figure Out Lab Screen Abbreviation
Jan 13, 2011

Hello!  :) This segment was dictated, and I can't for the life of me figure out what is in the parentheses: "Rubella immune. Varicella immune. Hepatitis negative. RPR negative. GC/Chlamydia negative. PPD negative. (JPS/JPF/GPS/GPF) negative." Obviously the doctor didn't say all of those acronyms, those are just some options of what it sounded like to me. The most distinctive sound is the middle letter "P." So it sounds like a 3-letter acronym with the middle letter being P. The pa ...

How In The World Do I Figure How To Charge?
Dec 05, 2011

Hi! I have been a transcriptionist for over 15 years.  I have only worked in a hospital and from home.  The home  job had been ELIMINATED, so I have not transcribed in about a year and a half.  I have never had to figure my lines as the hptl or powers that be have always just magically issued a paycheck.  Recently I was offered a PT job typing for a local clinic and I need work so of course I accepted and offered 8 cents a line.  I know a line is based on a 65-char ...

PLEASE READ! For The People Who Can't Figure Out
Dec 17, 2012

I'm sorry, but there's a thread below where someone is calling out the user "SM".  LMAO! SM MEANS: short message, small message, or see message.  Pick whichever you prefer. It's been used on message boards practically since Al Gore invented the internet! (lol) I was told it meant "see message", while others have been told it's is one of the other 2 meanings.  However, the overall meaning is the same.  It means "Hey, there's a message ...

Trying To Figure Out Jury Duty Time Off
Apr 28, 2010

I've been trying to figure out jury duty time off.  I'm PT and see a lot of info for the FT folks and PT in certain states, not mine, but don't see anything other than that.  Does that mean they won't release me for jury duty?  I kind of thought companies were required to let you off for Jury duty.  Where I live, I can only opt out of Jury duty if I can prove an actual hardship and I don't believe MQ disallowing me to go constitutes that.  If anybody has experienc ...

Orthopedic Clinic Notes Ad, Anybody Figure It Out?
Mar 31, 2011

I applied to this ad and received an answer.  I got some very vague instructions on how to type the voice file.  Did anybody figure it out?  It sure would be nice to just receive a voice file in the email, transcribe it and then send it back to their email address.  ...

Can Someone Please Leet Me Know How To Figure Line Counts?
Oct 16, 2011

I've done this before but can't figure it out now.  I've totalled my line counts each day for a week including ASR and straight transcription, but now what do I do with that total?  Do I divide it by 7 days in the week or however many days I work or is it the hours I work?  Thanks for helping me. ...

How Do You Figure Your Work Availability Time?
Nov 23, 2012

Like say you wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, etc., till you have accumulated 15 minutes, but then how do you show it on the clock? Or do you restart the clock each time a job comes in? ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

Can You Figure Up Your Paycheck By Your Line Count?
Sep 13, 2014

nm ...

Gonna Wait 2 Wk & Figure It Backwards
Dec 05, 2014

I saw the video, read the information, went to the meeting. Decided it's not worth stressing at this point, what can I do about it? But for the next 2 weeks I'm going to do the best job I can, as usual, and be a little more careful with my webclock punches.  Then I'm going to use the old plan to track my lines as usual, apply any shift differentials as usual, and calculate my total gross pay as usual. Then when the 26th paycheck comes, I'll look at the gross pay and see ...