A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how do you figure your work availability time? - downtime

Posted: Nov 23, 2012

Like say you wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, etc., till you have accumulated 15 minutes, but then how do you show it on the clock? Or do you restart the clock each time a job comes in?

It's supposed to be 15 continuous minutes. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

no its not... you dont have to wait 13, then get job, then wait 12 - then get job, then wait 14...

[ In Reply To ..]
Add up your minutes waited and that is all you are paid for, the 15 minutes total, not 78 minutes scattered...

I asked CCM - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I was restarting the clock and waiting for a 15-minute block of time, which was driving me nuts because I would wait 13 minutes and get a job, then wait another 10 minutes and get a job. It was crazy, so I asked and was told to use my own judgement essentially and not have to wait for a 15-minute block of time. So now I will wait 10 minutes or however long, do the job, then 5 or so more minutes and clock out. No more crazy. Hard to give a clear answer though.

According to the procedure, it is continuous 15 minutes. - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Work Availability Issue Resolution Procedure:
If a âNo Jobs Availableâ message is received by the employee, the employee waits 15 minutes to determine if there is no work available or if work begins routing, then:

where in that sentence did it say CONTINUOUS? - that is your interpretation of it

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not accurate, but that is your interpretation. They cannot make you keep waiting and not pay you. That goes against labor laws and is ILLEGAL.
You don't have to yell. as you said, it is - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
my interpretation, so be it. It can be whatever you want it to be. I just go by what my TSM dictates/VP manager.
but it seems like you might spend a lot of time - doing that
[ In Reply To ..]
Where you were not productive and yet you could not claim work availability for it either.
I rarely run out of work so when I do, it is - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
usually 15 minutes continuous.
You said it was "according to procedure" and I said, - No, that was your interpretation.
[ In Reply To ..]
Dont tell people it is procedure when it is not. You obviously dont know the procedure, and therefore should not be telling people what it is.
I know the procedure quite well. Been doing this - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
for about 10 years here now. Just because your TSM/CCM does it one way, does not mean it is the way my TSM does it. I also agreed with you about interpretation. You just must be having a bad day, so sure am sorry about that. Hope things are better for you soon. I'm glad I rarely have to use it.

Similar Messages:

Trying To Figure Out Jury Duty Time Off
Apr 28, 2010

I've been trying to figure out jury duty time off.  I'm PT and see a lot of info for the FT folks and PT in certain states, not mine, but don't see anything other than that.  Does that mean they won't release me for jury duty?  I kind of thought companies were required to let you off for Jury duty.  Where I live, I can only opt out of Jury duty if I can prove an actual hardship and I don't believe MQ disallowing me to go constitutes that.  If anybody has experienc ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Orthopedics Splint - Figure-eight Or Figure-8
Apr 18, 2010

The patient has a fracture and the doctor said he "placed a figure-8 splint."  What is the correct for this: figure-8, figure-eight, figure-of-8, or figure-of-eight? ...

Figure-of-eight Or Figure-of-8 Sutures? Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...

Job Availability For New Coder
Feb 09, 2011

I am planning on enrolling in Andrews School to begin a new career in medical coding and also plan to become certified following that.  While looking at job opportunities, I see that most ALL job openings require 2-5 years experience in this profession.  On the other hand, I also read where this field of work is in demand of more coders.  Obviously, after finishing my course and becoming certified, I don't expect to walk right in and nail down the first job or two that I ...

ExecuScribe Availability, Pay, Etc..
Oct 11, 2011

Any current info on this company as of 2011, as in work availability, pay, etc..   I can't find them listed on the BBB's website and that concerns me.  Is there another way to check on a company to see if they're legit? ...

How Do You Check Job Availability
Feb 03, 2013

How do you check job availability? Thank you so much! ...

Work Availability
Sep 06, 2013

I am in California but as I understood the law, if they REQUIRE you to return to work and they still cannot provide work, they are REQUIRED to pay you work availability again.  Isn't that true?  Also I have only seen any of this in emails.  Why hasn't the policy officially been changed yet.  Working on researching a complaint with the labor board.  This is BS. ...

Do We Do Work Availability?
Sep 26, 2014

s ...

VR Rates And Work Availability
Nov 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the following companies pay for VR?  I would also really like to know if anyone has any problems with no work available, trouble meeting quotas, "funny" line counts, etc. I am job shopping and this is my short list of companies.  (Though I am really looking at Webmedx)  1.  Webmedx 2.  Diskriter. 3.  Precyse. 4.   Proscript. Thank in advance for any information you are wiling to share! ...

NJA And Work Availability. Different For Each Account?
Nov 24, 2012

I'm so mixed up. What I read here about no jobs available and what we are being  required to do is much different.  Originally we were told to check for work every 30 minutes and could enter 30 min of work availability, but had to stay all shift.   The following day after doing this we get an email that says that was wrong and we can only have 15 min work availability and the time cards would be corrected to take out that extra 15 min originally instructed to include.&n ...

Curious About Something,,availability Of Work
Dec 31, 2012

Those of you with limited work, I mean really low line counts..What tier are you?  Im a 3 and I rarely run out of work..Wondering if they are limiting based on experience? Not that that is right, the whole thing just makes no sense ...

Work Availability E-mail
Jan 20, 2014

Anyone else get this e-mail.  WOW.  Unbelievable.  In part: . . . there are 2 options for when we have NJA/WA   1.  Make up time the same day NJA occurs.  If you can't get in all time throughout the day to contact  TSM to make up additional time when slots are available.  DO NOT work outside your hours on any other day without permission from TSM.   2.  PTO. There is no excused absence to be used for time not able to get in.  . . .& ...

Work Availability Controlled By Schools?
Aug 26, 2010

All summer, my work has been slowly but steadily drying up.   "NJA" pops up so often, my PC screen is now starting to show those letters in that spot, even when I'm not logged on.  When your work gets slow, and you contact your company to inquire about it, don't you just WONDER how our workflow could possibly be tied-in with your local educational system?  I know I sure do. May 2010:   Reason for NJA?   "School is almost over." Early June 2010 ...

I Am Thinking Of Clocking In Under Work Availability While
Apr 25, 2013

If I am sitting at my computer waiting for jobs to come in every 5-13 minutes, I should be paid. I should not have to be penalized by an adverse effect on my line count if I were to stay clocked in as production. Waiting for jobs while clocked out is still being on the job if you are signed into Fluency. So, the way I figure, you are still working, but off the clock. Plus, as proof that you are working off the clock, your Fluency log in time will be greater than your clocked in time. ...

How Do We Enter Tech DT - Under Work Availability?
May 18, 2015

x ...

How To Figure This
Mar 10, 2010

How should I figure out lines per hour? ...

How Do You Figure Out This ????
Jul 21, 2010

I am not good in math and would like to know how you figure out which is better 7 cpl w/spaces and a 55-char. line or 8 cpl w/spaces and a 65-char. line?  I am told the 7 cpl rate uses a lot of canned text that you get paid the full amount for so this should be a plus. Anyone out there feel brainy today?  If so, thanks for your help. ...

Can't Figure Out
Aug 02, 2010

It is also important to watch for the development of delirium tremens and treat with       s/l perincual valiums if this should occur. Any suggestions would be appreciated! ...

Figure This One Out.
Nov 17, 2012

I wonder if the in-house employees, office employees, have their time as scrutinized as ours is.  I wonder if they get docked for, let's say, going to the bathroom or getting a cup of coffee.  I know the transcriptionists working in-house make $15 an hour to start.  There was a job advertised 6 months ago or so, and I questioned it.  Here is their reasoning:  Because they have to drive and wear dress clothes, they make more money.  What the #$)(.  I have t ...

Can't Figure Out Why...
Jan 03, 2013

VR just can't get the word "catheterization."  This time it said "catheter is Asian."  Good grief. ...

Trying To Figure Out A Word
Jan 13, 2010

I'm trying to figure out a word that s/l "perinif"....here is the sentence.   The pain actually radiated square across her upper abdomen, but is close to the side of her surgical ______.  I had her undergo a CT scan Thanks for any suggestions!   ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Diwali -- Last To Figure It Out
Nov 04, 2010

We were told there would be more work for the next few days.  Then I looked up what you were all talking about (Diwali).  At least now I know what happened to all our work -- it is going to India.  I simply don't understand that.  Yes, I understand the hospitals wanting to pay lower rates, but I DO NOT understand how they would put up with the poor quality of work they are surely receiving.  I am so discouraged and heart sick. ...

Can't Figure Out This Sign
May 09, 2011

Dr. is listing....Patient with 3-4 weeks of a frontal headache.  Discomfort with ROM of the neck, a lot of trapezius muscle tightness and paraspinal muscle tightness.  Positive s/l La-Rick.  ?????  HELP! ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

IC - How Do You Figure Your Taxes?
Sep 19, 2014

Going to be working as an IC and curious how to figure what I might need to be putting back for taxes.  I did this years ago and paid quarterly taxes, but can't remember the formula I had to use to figure what to send.  Seems like it was a percentage. ANyone direct me to where I can find out short of actually going to see an accountant.  TIA.   ...

I Cannot For The Life Of Me Figure Out
Jun 13, 2015

Seriously, no disrespect, 25 year veteran here, but really.  I cannot understand why any of you who are the caliber I was, which I know is many of you, well trained, top notch, used to earn 40,000 without blinking an eye and denegrated to become minimum wage typists adhering to draconian policy.   The BEST thing I ever did was quit and immediately land a job paying 40,000 a year...simple work, not my dream job, but great benefits, they BEGGED me to take the job...even after offering m ...

S/l Wecksel Pledget - I Know I've Had This Before, But Just Can't Figure It Out. Nm
Oct 16, 2009

x ...