A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Changing CCM/Region - Kazaam

Posted: Sep 07, 2010

I was switched to new accounts back in March, a group of long-term subacute hospitals with the same name and locations all over the country.  HIGH HIGH ESL.  Most of the notes barely 30 seconds long, if that.  They are the worst money accounts possible with more time spent on ADT than typing because the notes are so short.  The ONLY good thing is that I rarely ever run out of work.  My income has gone down over 40% since being put on these accounts.  I asked my CCM months ago to be switched to a new region with regular acute care work.  She said she would work on it.  No response, so I went above her head.  I keep getting told "We are looking for accounts that need help." 

Now I need to find a way to contact a CCM who has acute care accounts that are always behind and asking for OT to see if I can get swtiched that way.  Any of you working on accounts like that?  Please feel free to respond by e-mail with CCM contact information.  I'm stuck in that old fear of going to another company for fear of jumping from pan into fire, but I have got to do something about my income and quick.  Thanks!

when you get the work you want - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Who do you think gets the work you don't want? You guys are fooling yourselves, the work is drying up and leaving because of ASR and offshoring. This is what you will get from now on. Its time to find another profession!

Everyone does better in some areas than others, - Kazaam

[ In Reply To ..]
These accounts just do not happen to be an area I excel in. Simple as that.

really? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You said it takes you longer to plug in the ADT info than to type the job, and also its HIGH HIGH HIGH ESL. Who would "excel" at that? I think that would impact anyone negatively. What gives you the right to dump it on someone else? Again, there is no more quality work anyway, but its pretty shady to try to weazel out of any work. Just realize you need to move on from MT'ing.
Silly me, thinking I could get some sort of helpful response to a question here - Kazaam
[ In Reply To ..]
I never looked at it as dumping anything on anyone, just trying to make a living like anyone else. I have every right to seek honest work that suits me and benefits my bottom line without being judged by anyone. If you can't be helpful, how about you "move on" from posting any response to this thread at all.

We all want the cushy acute care work. Hate to - break it to you.

[ In Reply To ..]

same thing here - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was given those same accounts in March because my accounts went to India or somewhere. These truly are the worst accounts. No one could make much money on these accounts. Nobody cares. I don't understand why they offer OT almost every weekend and holiday. They offered it Sunday, Monday NJA.

Dumb ? for you - FmrHS

[ In Reply To ..]
What are the "regions" that you guys keep mentioning? Apologies, but I've just joined MQ in the buy-out. At this point, I couldn't care what wk I'm getting as long as I'm getting some. Have put in 18-1/2 hrs in last 2 days to get 16 hrs in. Rarely had NJA until we were bought out.

Similar Messages:

CHANGING JOBS/CHANGING EMPLOYEES
Feb 23, 2011

I have been applying and studying the "online transcription world" for about 2 months, so I realize I have am a neophyte. BUT-it seems to me that what is happening here is a huge waste of time and money. If the companies paid enough, ACTUALLY had work when they hire, were able to ACTUALLY pay the employees at all,  and treated employees well, then the transcriptionists wouldn't go looking for another job and leave.  THEN the companies wouldn't have to maintain recruiters, pos ...

If You Are In The SE Region........
Oct 31, 2009

run, and run fast.  That's all I can say right now. ...

If You Are In The SE Region......
Dec 08, 2009

I have a question.  I'm in the SE region where the CTL quit effective immediately last week.  Is our supervisor gone, too?  She never is good about communication, but I sent her an e-mail 2-1/2 weeks ago which is still unanswered and there has been no communication of any kind for about 3 weeks.  Shouldn't there have been a communication about our CTL leaving?  Nothing is completed in Schedule Source, etc. ...

ENT Help ~ S/l Pla-via Or Cla-via Region
Apr 18, 2010

Let me first say THANK YOU in advance, because I always forget to come back and do that as I get wrapped up in the next report (or 5 or 10 or 20, etc.)! I am covering for an ENT doc (I do rheum & ortho) so am totally clueless here! Doc says:  Fiberoptic endoscopy shows some residual pale edema to the right _____ region. s/l pla-bia, pla-via, cla-via - The more I listen the more I keep changing the beginning sound.  The end is very clearly "ee-ah" just not sure of the V or the B. ...

Am I The Only One With NJA In The SE Region?
Jul 23, 2010

I'm starting to wonder if I've been fired and no one's bothered to tell me. ...

Job Out Of Region?
Jan 05, 2013

I've only been on DQS since July and still getting to know how all things work. I work in the North region, and today I am getting jobs from an account I can't find in my BOB. This account is in Tennessee, which doesn't seem like it should be in the North. Am I getting jobs from another region? Anybody know if this is possible? My regular BOB seems to be pretty much out of work, but I didn't know I could get work from somewhere else. ...

NJA In The ?? Region
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know my region anymore, but seriously, this NJA is getting old... ...

Another Example Of How MT Is Changing
May 06, 2010

Position available for full-time EMR Transcriptionist/Medical Assistant Applicants must have some EXPERIENCE in Electronic Medical Records data entry to qualify. Medical Assistant skills are necessary. For example, how to put on an EKG. Other important skills and qualifications of the ideal candidate are: Strong data entry skills - accuracy is also very important Good patient and people skills Dependable and a good team player ...

WMX - Changing From FT To PT ?
Jun 25, 2011

Does anyone know if you have to request your PTO be paid out when you change status?  I know we don't accrue PTO as PT so I would assume they would.  Just didn't know if I should request those hours on next payperiod or not.  Communication now is rather sketchy, so I thought I would ask here first.  ...

Changing TSM
Jul 03, 2014

What are the chances of changing TSMs or accounts?  I am on an account that has a lousy ESL who won't budge on his "speaking better".  I can never get the man right.  Always, always have errors on his reports.  Told my TSM that if I didn't understand and left blanks, would probably end up the whole thing being blank. ...

No More CTLs In SE Region
Dec 23, 2009

Big whoop-di-do.  ...

New North Region
Dec 29, 2009

I think I've been up too long as I was reading the directions for text expansions and dictionaries for this "new" north region being created.  Directions indicates loggin into DocQscribe use new company code and then proceed with copy the above.  I don't ever put the company code in when I log into DocQscribe.  I only enter it sometimes when logging into DocQmanage. Has anybody already logged in with the new company code and downloaded the tex ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

Out Of Work. SA5 Region.
Apr 09, 2010

Volume is low.  About 750 reports to type.  Lockout in my group started Tuesday midnight.  Our BOB has no work.  ...

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

More Incentive? Anybody Still With NJA? My Region Has
Oct 14, 2010

... ...

Im In The North Region-sm
Jan 26, 2013

and my supervisor's BOB has been pretty much empty for really the last month or more.  I have had maybe 10 jobs of my primary, secondary and so on accounts that Im familiar with for at least 2 weeks.  When I do get jobs from these accounts a lot of them have been hard to hear (background noise and such), some of the ASR reports have been horrible with a lot of added words and whole sentences left out.  This is crazy. Then tonight I check the back log and there are 2,000 ...

How Is Your Region Looking Today?
Nov 11, 2013

I took the day off but checked email.  Looks like manditory OT will be implemented soon ...

Transferred To Different Region
May 15, 2014

About 3 weeks ago I was transferred to a different region.  Been with MM 9 years, with many different supervisors and BOBs, but always the same region.  Was called by supervisor and told work load was low in her BOB and was "only going to get worse."  ILPs taking over, probably I assume.  She wanted to transfer me to make sure I had "plenty of work and stayed with MM."  Not sure what that meant.  I had never experienced NJA in that particular BOB.  The accounts ...

West Region
Dec 18, 2014

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that their line count average is sucking really bad since we got all these new accounts and then the new and improved (yeah right) software update?  And now its mandatory overtime (probably because we are struggling with the new accounts).  Yeah, I need the overtime just to make what I used to make without overtime.  ugggg. ...

I Got In Trouble For Not Changing 1st, 2nd Etc
Oct 23, 2009

I always thought it was optional to spell out 1st, 2nd, or 3rd per AAMT BOS so now I will go look for it.  I am so frustrated though because not only do I get paid less on ASR but it takes longer to do it!  My accounts have to be put into standards and the dictators sure as heck do NOT dictate it that way!  On the physical exam in one of my accounts we have to do headings caps on the left margin, which isn't so bad, but I said they sure as heck don't dictate that way and ...

Changing Transcription
Jan 18, 2010

I recently discovered that another employee has been making changes to transcription that carries my initials along side the doctor's initials, which indicates me as the transcriptionist. I feel that this is not only inappropriate, but possibly also illegal. Is it illegal for someone to change transcription done by someone else without their knowledge and/or permission? Can I be held responsible for her changes within my reports? I do have copies of my original transcripti ...

Changing Professions
Feb 28, 2010

This message is to everyone who posts on this board, especially those who are advising/telling others to get out of the medical transcription field.  It seems that things have changed overnight with voice recognition and electronic charting but it is still very new and probably too soon to tell for sure how it will impact us.  Many of you are imagining the worst and every directive from a company or news item that appears is taken out of context and blown out of proportion by certain p ...

WMX And Changing Shifts
Sep 04, 2011

If you find you aren't happy with the shift you hired on for, do you have to wait 90 days to ask for a change?  Do you just ask your  manager or is there a request form you need to submit?  TIA. ...

Changing Gears
Dec 14, 2011

Well, here I am-45, recently lost my job due to one of the big MTSOs taking over at the hospital I worked at, and I am seriously considering going back to school.  I was thinking medical reimbursement and coding, but have been reading on some posts about that profession going the same way transcription has.  I would hate to put all of the time, effort, and money into another degree, just to be in the same boat in a couple of years, yet older and even more uneasy about changing to anoth ...

Changing To Something Besides Healthcare
May 20, 2012

Well, I've done it -- I've changed to something else for work other than anything in healthcare. I was an MT for many years, and I can't see any future for decent earnings, benefits or growth unless a person wants to be in direct patient care -- if they can even break into it after all of the hard work to earn another degree. I do have a university degree and changed to a job that pertains to that degree. I have seen many organizations go to Epic, which is an excellent system by t ...

Changing Schedule
Jun 11, 2012

Anybody being asked to change their schedule to a "weekend component or four 10 hour days?" ...

Changing Jobs
Jul 09, 2012

I work for Medscribe right now and just had to take a pay cut (gasp)!  I am seriously thinking about changing jobs but I have been here for 5 years and hate to lose my PTO accrual rate and great schedule.  (M-F flex 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)  Also, I fear the grass is not greener on the other side.  Our work load has diminished greatly over the past few months and I have a huge fear about this.  What would you do?? I have 13 years experience in transcription and this is the wors ...

Changing Platforms?
Aug 22, 2012

Before totally giving up on this company, I would like to give an E-Scription account a try (currently on Enterprise). Does anyone know who I would contact? TIA. ...

Changing Passwords For 7.0
Aug 24, 2012

So I was prompted to go to docqmanage to change my password when I tried to log into docqscribe 7.0 today.  I went to docqmanage, changed the password, now I'm locked out because I kept trying the one I changed to, then the old one too many times.  Arrgggghh!  Any ideas? ...