A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I know we are all in the same boat, but pathetic...SM - barelystayingafloat

Posted: Oct 12, 2011

I know there are a lot of us in the same boat, but I am just so frustrated after turning my invoice in. Back in May of this year I was turning in invoices for 3 times the amount I turned in today. I was so excited because I thought I was going to hit a decent amount but about puked this morning from the lack of money. I wish I could work just ONE job that would be enough income coming in, instead, I have to have 3 and feel like I never get away from the computer and don't even come close to what I was making 5 months ago. Rant over.

barelystayingafloat - frustratedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
oh how I hear ya there...family life has gone down hill as I am always on the computer too. Tired of companies promising there is soooo much work and they honeymoon ya and then it's over and you are left with 3-4 jobs with the same issues trying to make ends meet...

Well, I'm rural with few jobs around, but for others - Hear ya too.

[ In Reply To ..]
the spring quarter, with certificate programs in various lines of work, awaits. I just wish that were an option for me. Looking over the course catalogs on line is like being a kid in a candy store. I fancy criminology at the moment. :)

rural too - barelystayingafloat

[ In Reply To ..]
we are about as rural as it comes and for me to find a decent paying job it's going to cost probably $100 week in fuel to get there, but I feel like I am killing myself here at home and bring home pennies (I would LOVE the $700/week checks some are complaining about).
$200, Barely. Don't forget, you have to get home too. :) - Hear ya too. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Now I'm in deep doodoo .. - BreakingDown

[ In Reply To ..]
I work an IC job that I like, but it just doesn't pay enough.

Anyway, now that I'm sans insurance of course my entire body starts breaking down!

For the past 3 or so months I have been walking around with broken glasses, looking like an idiot. (The frame broke, lens fell out, can't see to find the lens, so I have one lens missing.) Finally got this job (my past job was much worse!) and got old bills paid off. Was just saving up the money for the eye exam ($85) plus new glasses ($300) plus contacts ($185 or so), when my doc refused to refill my thyroid replacement without an office visit ($55 for 15 minutes) and a serum TSH (cost?). To top all of that off, now I have gum recession on a few lower teeth that is so bad I can't eat on that side or brush there without excruciating pain. So I now need gum graft surgery, which for 3 teeth will probably be $2000+.

I have no money saved.

My state has its own "health care plan" for the indigent, but I have already been told that (A) It was sverely slashed due to budget cuts. (B) I wouldn't qualify anyway because I "make too much money."

I am supposed to be saving up $150 a month for my moving fund so I can move into a cheaper place, but with these other expenses that's not possible.

I am looking for a 2nd, part-time job.

Avoid the eyeglass monopoly and get your - Hope

[ In Reply To ..]
pupil distance from your last exam. Luxoticca makes overpriced glasses for everyone from Prada to RayBan. Pearl Vision, Lens Crafters, Sunglass Hut, and all the department store and small eyeglass stores get their glasses from one company, for pennies. Go online and get your glasses. Heard the story about this monopoly on a public radio program. The company linked below was recommended. Also, my county has eyeglass service - all you need is your last Rx - $30-$75 for glasses for residents in my county. If your state doesn't have counties, your state might have a similar program.

I'm forgoing gum grafts because it is mostly cosmetic. Keep your gums squeaky clean and use desensitizing tooth products and rinses as long as possible. The American Periodontal Assoc website has good info on this.

My link didn't post - Hope

[ In Reply To ..]
it is w w w dot eyebuydirect dot com

This is just how Corporate wants us: Desperate. - Hope your 2nd job turns out better than the 1st.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Please Help. What Would You Do? Been With The Q For 10 Years. In The Same Boat As
Jan 13, 2010

everyone else here. You know the deal. Anyhow, I am only flex part-time and consistently bring home about 250 every 2 weeks. About 6 weeks ago I landed another job. It's an IC  job, though. Pays on-time, pretty good work load. Again, very part-time there. But between the 2 jobs, I feel I'm overextending myself. Why can't I just let go of the Q??? What the heck am I holding on to? I know if I quit MQ, I can dedicate more time and energy to this new job as it seems I can work ...

Same Boat, Different Storm
May 11, 2010

Am I ever going to get off 100% QA!  Q in all their wisdom takes away (or loses) good or decent accounts, gives us cesspool ESL dictators and incomprehensible blather dicators or just plain old various crud to try to make heads or tails of and then scolds us for not maintaining 98%!!! What galls me is those "reply mandatory" e-mails they send just to rub in how incompetent they think I am, how unworthy I am to be working for them...  THEY can't even keep up with each client profi ...

We're All In The Same Boat With M*Modal And I'm Looking To Get Out
Jun 25, 2014

Has anyone heard of or used the site "FindTranscriptionWork.com?"  I just discovered it and wondered if it is legit.  I need to find something fast before being fired I hope.  Have you heard of it?  Thanks in advance ...

Rock The Boat...
Apr 16, 2015

Questions from http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/3rdparty.htm How are/were you paid (salary, hourly, by piece or by job rate)? What is your rate of pay?  Is "I'm not sure" a valid answer? Are you involved in any type of interstate transactions, such as shipping or receiving goods, producing goods, making telephone calls, processing credit cards, etc.?  Yes. Are the hours worked records an accurate reflection of the hours you worked? Do you perform work prior to or after signing in ...

PATHETIC PAY
Nov 25, 2013

I lost my home of 21 years last year due to Nuance's pay cuts. Now I have a car that needs major repair and I have no money to repair it. How much lower do they expect their employees to go??  I have no credit cards and no access to money for car repairs, a decent place to live and they berate the quality of my work when no one ever has before.  This company is throwing me to the curb and they could care less! ...

Pathetic Wages
Mar 17, 2012

Does anyone else feel this way, work hard, trying to do a good job, need to pay the bills, need the insurance and end up with $80 for a full day's work and that is sometimes on a good day but $10.00 per hour seems to be on average what I get, after looking up docs, looking up meds, relistening to blanks, relistening to diagnosis, trying to understand lab values and yada, yada, yada.  Everyday becomes a marathon just to make $10 bucks an hour - haven't earned so little for man ...

This Profession Is Pathetic
Jun 23, 2013

Cannot believe it, I am 60 years old, been doing this almost 40 years and I sat down last night and really checked things over and now with NJA all the time, my monthly bills are not covered by my 2 pay checks a month.  I do not have a high mortgage ($240 a month, can't rent a room for that), I have basic cable that is bundled with the internet (which we all need to do this job), the very minimum of phone bill ($40), and have to pay for my own health insurance (as my company  ...

Same Boat Here. Newly Hired. Questions And No
Oct 03, 2012

stayed put in my prior company to experience this.   My training experience was not a great one to begin with so I probably should have expected this.  I sent out my resume and luckily have already received a couple of nibbles.  I figure at this rate with no email replies, when I email my resignation nobody will even notice (or probably care).  ...

FORCED To Abandon A Job...this Is Pathetic!!
Mar 17, 2010

I was just forced to abandon a job to save my pay. I've only been in my shift for 1 hour and have gotten the same horrible dictator for every report and have to send them all to QA!!!! I just went into my 4th report and SURPRISE it was the same dictator....This isn't fair!!!!! ...

Hello Digital World. I Would Like To Rant That MME Pay Is Pathetic.
Sep 28, 2011

I seriously think I would get a raise if I went back to tier 3.  Our work pool stinks with getting random stat and priority jobs from every account and then 100% QA which pays even LESS. Not to mention getting stuck with a crap schedule. Seriously MQ? Hey MTs out there, If you are thinking about testing "up" to MME, DON'T.  Harder work + more responsibility is not rewarded here. I feel scammed.  But then again, we are all scammed with the junk pay for editing ASR. Whoever dec ...

I Feel Pathetic!!! I Apply For Jobs Excitedly And Then I Sit Here (sm)
Aug 12, 2010

constantly checking my email, refreshing the browser, going through it to make sure that one has not come in "under the radar," hoping and praying for some kind of response from whatever company I have applied to.  How pathetic is that!!!!  Just a kind thank you very much but position has been filled or even an automated reply saying we received your email would help so much.  With 22 years experience I keep hoping and praying that someone will hire me, pay me above minimum wage a ...