A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dragon compatibility with Fluency - yogamom

Posted: Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency?

Haven't used it with Fluency, but... - I love my Dragon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for the long post. I was just excited to see someone else who uses Dragon for transcription purposes!

I use it in Citrix, EditScript, my instant messenger, for my emails, and of course in Word, among other things. I couldn't live without my Dragon. I use it for everything, but I primarily got it a year ago because I'm too old to sit here and type 8 hours straight and too old to try to find another line of work that didn't involve crippling my hands, neck, and back. I did have to configure some setting to make it work in Citrix and other things that aren't strictly Word, etc., but I can't remember exactly what that was now. Sometimes, however, I prefer typing in Word and then copying and pasting to Citrix, so if you have that option and can't get it to work in Fluency, you could do that instead. The program is made by Nuance, however, so I would be willing to bet it would work with Fluency.

You probably could Google it or even go directly to Dragon's help site and ask them there how you need to fine-tune it to work with Fluency. I think they may have a live chat or perhaps an email contact where you can ask these questions. They responded to me fairly quickly via email when I had a question about something else one time.

All I know is that since I got Dragon and spent several weeks training it, my productivity has skyrocketed. I can even sit here and fold laundry while I am repeating what the doctor said into my microphone and letting Dragon type it out. If you listen to the entire sentence the doctor is saying and then mentally remove all the stammering and correcting they do, by the time you say it aloud into the mic, it's going to type it out exactly as it should appear, depending on your client's account specs, proper grammar, etc., and you aren't forced to hunt and peck for the backspace and delete keys like you would if you were typing along with the speaker.

Hope this information helps you. The scary thing about this is if the doctors took the time to train their Dragon or any other speech recognition program like I have done, there will no longer be a use for us at all. The good news is most doctors don't have the time nor do they have the grammatical savvy to be able to do this, at least hopefully not until I retire in about 10 years. Good luck!

some more good stuff - I love my Dragon

[ In Reply To ..]
So that no one thinks I just blindly dictate what I'm hearing in my headphones and then send reports on their merry way... I do have to have my eyes on the screen and review what Dragon types out. It's not magical like that ;) Even a year later, there are terms it doesn't know and I have to teach it, but those are far and few between now. Sometimes, I might slur a word or like the day I hit my knee on my desk turning in my chair... Dragon was really confused with what came out of my mouth, lol. When the kids get home after school or the phone rings or maybe I'm just talking to the dog, I have on many occasions looked at my screen and realized that Dragon just typed out my entire conversation, complete with the foul language I used at a bill collector on the phone, lol.

So for anyone out there wanting to try this out, you do have to be ULTRA careful about turning off the mic if something else is happening in the background and you do have to make sure what shows up on the screen is what you intended. I paid for the Premium version 12 and it was well worth it. The Premium version has a lot more options for tweaking, saving, and backing up or exporting your voice files. You don't ever want to lose the training you've done, so I would invest in the Premium version. That's my two cents ;)

Dragon - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations - as my mentor always said "work smarter not harder."
:) - I love my Dragon
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, after 24 years, my body was telling me I had to do something different. I can still type 140 wpm, but it kills me and then I don't feel like doing anything else once I've clocked out. Life should be more than that, you know?

Gosh, I should go to Dragon's website and "testify" about how much this product has saved me in musculoskeletal pain! On second thought, I'm not a fan of Nuance at all. Worked for them once and have seen MTSOs sucked up by them one by one. I owned the very first Dragon program eons ago, but it didn't work like I wanted it to back then. So kudos on the improved Dragon, Mr. Nuance, but boooo on the way you treat your employees.

Just a question - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How is that going to work with the ASR output that is already there? F11 or delete it, use Dragon in Word and copy and paste into Fluency? There are so many dictators I would just love to use Dragon for. If you get it to work, please come back and tell us.

I use it mainly for an all-typing account - I love my Dragon

[ In Reply To ..]
When I work on my eScription (ASR) account, I don't use it as much, but it does save a lot of time if I need to jump to something that I see is incorrect, because I can command it to jump to that section rather than using the jump keys (ALT K, etc.), then I just replace the words that are incorrect with my voice. It comes in very handy on the rare occasion I get a job in eScript that has to be typed from scratch too. I sometimes don't use it at all if I'm tired of wearing my headphones when I'm forced to work in eScription (which is my secondary account).

As far as typing in Word and copying to Fluency, it all depends on whether you can copy from Word to Fluency. I've never used that program. I can't copy from my Word to eScription, nor can I copy from eScript to the internet when I need to look up a word or drug. I don't know if that's just a problem on my end with Word settings or not. I used to be able to do that before I started working at TransTech. If you can type in Word and copy/paste it over to Fluency, then you could use Dragon for all your needs. Holler back if you need more information ;)

Similar Messages:

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Windows 7 With DocQscribe Compatibility
Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that. ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

MT Test Site Compatibility
Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal ...

Keyboard Compatibility Question
Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard? I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.   Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sti ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

Using Dragon But Need Help, Please
Dec 05, 2009

Just got Dragon 10.  Install and setup went smoothly (although tedious) and was using it without a problem for almost a week.  Then one day it just stopped working.  The program won't even start.  Anyone else have this problem and if so, how'd you fix it?  I want to avoid reinstalling it since it already has several user profiles set up and was working well. Also, I noticed it's a HUGE resource hog and I really can't run anything else at the same ti ...

EMR With Dragon
Feb 21, 2010

Does anyone here do editing with Dragon?  The office that I have worked for for 9 years went to EMR last year. They have not had anyone editing their stuff and it looks like crap.  The office manager sent me an email asking if I would be interested in doing the editing now that the last doctor is going to start on the EMR system.  I do not know what the name of the EMR system is only that the docs use Dragon to dictate into.  I have several ques ...

Dragon And P.o.
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know how to add p.o. into the vocabulary editor of Dragon? The problem comes up due to there being no "spoken form" that the system recognizes. Thanks in advance!   ...

DRAGON QA
Jun 25, 2013

I work for a hospital doing acute care/clinic work. We have a handful of docs using Dragon, and the plans for the future are to implement "Dynamic Dictation" for all clinic providers. Administration recently notified us that they want us to start doing QA on the docs who use Dragon. Of course, we are thrilled as this means job security. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? ...

If What We're Using Is Dragon,
Jan 13, 2014

...at the inaccuracies. Everything that everybody has said on this board is true with regard to blatant and flagrant errors even when the dictation is crystal clear! For me particularly, one of the most annoying things is how there is a word put in there that was not even dictated. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? In addition, when "not" is dictated, but is not put into a report. That can be so very detrimental to patient care if not caught, and it is so very easy to overlook. OMG, I cannot believe these e ...

Does Anyone Use Dragon For VR On Your Own (as An IC)?
Sep 04, 2014

I was wondering if anyone uses Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional to manage their workload as an IC.  I would like to be able to input my voicefiles into Dragon and have it produce a draft for me to edit (like at an MTSO).  I need to be able to create the profiles without needing to "teach" it because I want to have a different profile for each doctor I have so it will be more accurate.  I am wondering if the cost would be worth the time savings or not.   I know it wasn&# ...

Videos On Dragon
Nov 24, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dragon+with+medical+transcription&search_type=&aq=f Call them sales pitches or actual demos (i.e. talking about the Phillips microphone), these are the real thing. It's Dragon in action. Draw your own conclusions. And there's an additional video down the page from the organization formerly known as AAMT. ...

Anyone Use Dragon Essentials?
May 07, 2010

Okay...so I was in Walmart and noticed that they had Dragon Essentials for $40 so I grabbed it, not really thinking about which version it was, just knowing that I usually see Dragon for $100+.  And I'm not about to spend $1500 for Dragon Medical right now. Before I open the box and can't return it....can we even really use this version for transcription work? I've tried Googling the topic but can't really get a clear answer on this and I've also come across some d ...

Dragon Medical
Aug 26, 2012

My son's pediatrician says she tried the Dragon product for doctor's to dictate and edit their own work.  She says Vyvanse came out as underpants and every time she tried to correct it, it came out something else - even after she spelled it.  She gave up -- what a surprise.....   I think that has a place in clinic work, if doctors aren't pressed to see a thousand patients in a day by their employer, but definitely not fit for hospital dictation.  Frankly, I w ...

Dragon EScription
Mar 05, 2014

The company I work for is currently looking into a new transcription program and have been asking about Dragon. We currently do only straight typing and do a lot of copying and pasting from previous notes. My concern for VR is that we would spend more time fixing formatting issues than if we just straight typed. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those who have used Dragon. I welcome all opinions, suggestions, etc. Thanks for your time! ...

Dragon/nuance
Jun 04, 2014

I went to see a chiropracter this morning and he asked me what I "do" and I told him that I am a transcriptionist and I work for Nuance - he told me that he has used Dragon to dictate his reports for about 6 years and he thought it was great when he first got it, but he said that in the last year or so, it is starting to put in things that he isn't saying.  He said one day it started substituting the word sex for six - he solved that by taking the word "sex" out of it so it can� ...

Re-dictating By The MT Using Dragon Etc
Jun 24, 2014

Anyone have thoughts on using program such as Dragon to "re-dictate" reports to save some transcription time and hopefully save further wear and tear?  Not an expensive program start-up but willing to spend some time to set up a more basic program to work.  My shoulder is nearly frozen, again.  Us old-schoolers are wearing out.  Thanks! ...

Dragon/Novaris - See Message
Jan 15, 2010

Anybody using this VR program for editing.  If so, what type of foot pedal works with this OR are there function keys that can be used to control rewind/play/forward? Thanks for your help. ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5
Dec 16, 2011

I have the Standard version 10 and had to deal with a lot of bug issues with it.  I love the program, but I didn't like the constant problems with trying to download updates, etc.  (I have Vista).    I wondered if anyone else out there bought this updated version and was pleased with it.  I'm hoping to hear that they have the bugs worked out of this program, as the program itself is great and a valuable assest to an MT who types in Word.  Any feedback a ...

New To Medical Transcription-Dragon?
Jan 26, 2013

I'm new to medical transcription and thinking about buying Dragon software.  Does it work on wav files from different doctors?  If you have a Mac and MacSpeech could you transfer those files to the Mac and then back to the PC to send back?  I don't want all of my work done through Dragon, I just want it more for clarification and accuracy.     Thanks! ...