A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Test site compatibility - Veteran MT

Posted: Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal.  Does anyone know a work around?I know there have been discussions about test grading on MT Test and it just seems to me that they need to work on their compatibility issues. Windows XP will soon be history and most people are going to need to get either Windows 7 or Windows 8, which only support the newer browsers.  I would appreciate any experience that people would be willing to share, thank you.

IE Cmpatibility - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Windows 7 and use IE8. Uninstall IE 9 and if it asks you to roll back to a previous version, roll it back to IE 8. I have had no problems with Windows 7 and IE 8 and I also do not do automatic updates. When it tells me an update is available, I check to see which update it is and then download it.

IE compatibility - Veteran MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What I ended up doing was using the function keys on my keyboard to control the player instead of my foot pedal, that works okay. Thanks for your help.

Test Site Comptability - Lissybell

[ In Reply To ..]
You can try the compatibility view. I used this as I have IE 10. It looks like a broken page up top in the address bar. This should work. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Do Not Use MT Test Site
Mar 31, 2011

Have seen where veteran MTs have failed this test and been referred to Career Step for training.  Not up for an ego buster myself.  Can you tell me companies that DO NOT use this as their test site?   TIA ...

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Windows 7 With DocQscribe Compatibility
Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that. ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Keyboard Compatibility Question
Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard? I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.   Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sti ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

OB-GYN Site?
Feb 07, 2010

Good morning! Does anyone know of a good ob-gyn site where I could find some sample operative reports/info regarding c-sections and terms? Thank you! ...

I Know I Saw Somewhere On This Site Someone Had
Oct 14, 2011

posted about never would they work for 7 cpl as IC.  It must be nice to be able to choose your pay.  I have personally been so close to being homeless more than a few times that I grab what I can when I can.  I am always looking for the better-paying job.  Of course, that could mean the dictators are awful or the platform is bulky or my boss is rude.  I personally would rather work for 7 cpl as an IC and get 200+ lines per hour than 9 or even 10 cpl being lucky enough to ...

Need Help - New To The Site
Sep 08, 2012

In a H&P - past medical history, S/L "brush air's" disease. Pt is having carpal tunnel release, has Kienbock's disease and AVN as well. ...

New To Site
Sep 08, 2012

Need help with s/l "brush air's" disease - doing an h&p and this is listed in PMH. I think I posted this to the wrong board first! Sorry - new to the site. ...

Job Site
Sep 20, 2013

Check out virtualvocations.com  Search by job or company. ...

Anatomy Site
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know if I should be asking this on the main board - let me know if I need to move it over there!  I am just wondering if any of you have a favorite and/or great online human anatomy site?  I have looked at a few but just haven't found "the one" yet.  Maybe it's better to get a book?  Opinions please!  ...

Transcend MLS Site
Feb 08, 2010

Did you know that when you log into the MLS site you have to download a tracking cookie/activex control.  That is so they can track when you are doing your job and when you are surfing the web.   I only activate it when visiting the MLS site and then I deactivate it after leaving the site so they can't know what I am doing.  ...

SM Transcription FTP Site
Jun 30, 2010

Just a bit puzzled because I got directions to log into their FTP site and I am not finding any files to download.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into the same problem.   Thanks ...

On-site Vs Telecommute --- (sm)
Jun 03, 2010

Have any of you ever applied for a clinic or hospital job you found online where it's an on-site job, and everything about it fits, except that you live too far away to commute?  I've found a couple that would work well for me, but I can't do a 3-hour 1-way commute!  (I COULD, however, be persuaded to attend a meeting once a month.)  Have any of you ever applied to an on-site job and convinced them to let you work directly for them, but from home?  I just ...

Is This Site Acting Up For You?
Jun 10, 2010

Typing takes a few seconds to show up. When I click on a link, it takes 2 or so seconds to go through, and sometimes I have to click twice. Or is it just me? ...