A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shorthand compatibility with Chartscript.net - cmc

Posted: Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks!

Using a Shorthand list with Chartscript.net - MarianneK

[ In Reply To ..]

If Shorthand is not compatible with Chartscript.net, one way to use a Shorthand list with this platform would be to switch to Instant Text 7 Pro.
With a few clicks you can convert an spf file into an Instant Text glossary and use the Shorthand list of abbreviations. Instant Text 7 Pro has been tested with ChartScript.Net and works.
You can try out the fully-functional trial version of Instant Text 7 at link below.

Similar Messages:

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Using Shorthand With Chartscript
Jul 02, 2013

Hello to all :) I need help.  I use Shorthand Version 10 and just started working in Chartscript.  I access Chartscript through a virtual private network, Oracle VM Virtual Box. Shorthand won't work at all. I looked to see if there was a box to uncheck for the "Enable Protected Mode" issue, and there is no box there to uncheck (Tools, Internet Options, Security tab). I did also change SH to run in compatibility mode and when I restarted SH I was able to see my little yellow window ...

Problem With Shorthand And Chartscript.net
Sep 16, 2011

I am using Shorthand and Chartscript.net.  They don't seem that compatible with each other because no matter what setting I try, my expansions often come out wrong.  For example, I'll get "pr.n." instead of "p.r.n." or "MEICAL HISTORY" instead of "MEDICAL HISTORY" or "PHYICAL XAMINATION" instead of "PHYSICAL EXAMINATION."  The entries are correct in Shorthand, but letters and characters are just getting cut off.  It's kind of driving me crazy because it m ...

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Windows 7 With DocQscribe Compatibility
Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that. ...

MT Test Site Compatibility
Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal ...

Keyboard Compatibility Question
Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard? I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.   Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sti ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

ChartScript Help
Mar 27, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to pull up a log of a particular users activity?  I am trying to be able to look to see which jobs the person has been into, just looking/not transcribing).  These are reports that have already been transcribed by another user, that another user is going into during unscheduled hours for some reason.  Is there are way to pull this up to show? ...

New To Chartscript
Jan 31, 2013

I just started a new job as an IC, and the platform is Chartscript.  Most of it seems straightforward, but I've only worked on it for a couple of hours.  Is there a way to keep a job from downloading when you open Transcribe to look at old jobs?  I don't want to keep hitting cancel.  Thanks in advance! ...

Anyone Familiar With Chartscript?
Oct 20, 2009

Is anyone familiar with Chartscript? Is it user-friendly? ...

ChartScript Question
Aug 11, 2010

Does anyone know how to adjust the settings on the footpedal in the ChartScript platform?  I'd like to have mine roll back a couple of words but have no clue where the settings are in ChartScript (I'm new to the program). Anyone who can help, TIA! ...

Chartscript.net Question
Nov 17, 2010

Not sure if anyone can help on this but figured it might be worth a shot. I am working on chartscript.net and it has some preloaded garbage in the abbreviation expander.  These are basically global expansions and I am wondering if there is any way to delete them.  I can add my own expansions and edit and delete those with no problem but have not been able to figure out a way to either turn them off, delete them, or whatever.  If anyone has had this situation and can give me a sugg ...

ChartScript And CS.net - Are These The Same Thing?
May 06, 2011

What exactly is the difference, if any?  Is this a transcription-based platform or a voice-recognition type?  Company only states cs.net as platform. ...

Chartscript Platform 7
May 03, 2012

Does anyne have experience with Chartscript 7.  The facility for which I do transcription is having a big change-over to Chartscript 7, and I am nervous about it as I had a stroke and use Dragon to work (which is not fun), but I would like to ease my anxiety.  Thanks for any info ...

Chartscript At Keystrokes
Aug 19, 2012

Please give me your opinion of this program. Do you have to keep a separate log of every single job you do? Do you find it productive? Does Instant Text work well with it? Do you need to use your mouse with it or can you get by with all keyboard commands?   Thanks. ...

Anybody With Chartscript And Slow DSL?sm
Nov 20, 2014

Hospital I work for just went from Dictaphone to Chartscript. My DSL (Frontier) is old and slow. When too many people are using the DSL, the speed slows WAY down and the jobs don't save. Never had this problem with Dictaphone, so not sure whether it's the DSL or Chartscript. Anybody else have this particular problem? Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Work With Chartscript?
Mar 21, 2015

Does anyone work with Chartscript?   Precision has account that uses it -- any and all feedback appreciated! ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Chartscript Remove E Signature?
Jun 10, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove electronically affixed signature on Chartscript/Netlinc system?  TIA!     ...

Chartscript.net - Switching From Weblinc
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone used this?  I found a couple of things in the archives but they are OLD.  I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with it.  My hospital is switching from Weblinc to Chartscript.net and I was wondering what we should expect.  ...