A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Windows 7--Switching to compatibility mode - Wondering

Posted: Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA

I know with my job - MTdrone

[ In Reply To ..]
that I use Windows 7 and I have EditScript and Dictaphone, but they will only work on Windows 7 if you buy 32-bit. If you go to the store and buy a computer, it will have 64-bit, which won't run the programs. You could try Best Buy and ask the Geek Squad people to downgrade it for you. My husband did it for me, he had to uninstall Windows 7 that the computer came with and reinstall Windows 7 - 32 bit but that would require you to have your own copy of Windows 7, which we did. Sorry its so complicated but everything is now a days.

Similar Messages:

Is Windows 7 In XP Mode Compatible With Editscript
Nov 01, 2010

Hi there. I have taken a job with a company who uses editscript which they tell me is only compatible with Windows XP. I am running Windows 7. On microsofts home page they have a download that will allow you to run 7 in XP mode for compatibility with older programs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or had any experience with this issue and editscript. I could just load a second OS on my computer but this download woud be much simpler and cheaper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Driver For Windows 7 (running XP Mode W/ Winscribe)
Jan 13, 2010

I've got Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and have XP mode set up and running.   I'm using WinScribe and my problem is that XP mode doesn't seem to recognize my foot pedal, but everything else in WinScribe is working great on 7.  Does anyone have a driver that I can get a link to?  Or, is there a new foot  pedal I should look into for this purpose.   I cannot for the life of me find a website with a legitimate driver download and with it bein ...

Windows 7 With DocQscribe Compatibility
Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that. ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

What Do B-mode, E-mode, And DVI Station Mean?(nm)
May 22, 2012

x ...

Does Anyone Else Go Into Panic Mode
Mar 01, 2010

I do every time.   I start thinking worse case scenario, and feel cut off.  Think about losing the house, ending up on the streets, fighting for unemployment.  Then another job pops up and i'm instantly comforted.   But i'm left with a headache from jaw grinding, and the shakes.  Why didn't I get that degree years ago???  Thanks for listening.  :(  Wish I had a good supply of muscle relaxers. ...

Pacemaker Mode - Please Help!
Apr 06, 2010

Identity DR pacemaker, model 5386, it is in s/l "ADVR" mode ...

Dreaming Of Mode Instability?
Feb 01, 2012

Elderly patient involved in MVA, developed cellulitis to leg.  He became delirious on Lexapro and his mood became unstable.  Would this be an appropriate sentence for HPI?  The patient is a 76-year-old married white man who was transferred from the Medical Service for evaluation and _____ (dreaming of mode) instability. ...

M-mode Measurements Term S/l TAP-C
Oct 30, 2012

i'm typing an echo report, and a new term he said under M-mode measurements.  Has anyone of you encountered a term s/l TAP-C under M-mode?  TIA ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

MT Test Site Compatibility
Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal ...

Keyboard Compatibility Question
Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard? I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.   Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sti ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

Switching To VR
Feb 01, 2010

Would some of you share your experience of going from Dictaphone ExText to VR.  Anything positive at all?  Our company will be going that route and we will be paid hourly so salary should not be a factor.  The bottom line is, it is happening.  I would appreciate hearing from MTs whose companies have switched over; the good, bad and ulgly.  Thanks.   ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Are There Any Companies Out There NOT Switching To VR?!
Dec 24, 2009

I can't get by on literally half my salary, which is what I've been asked to do. Thanks. ...

Switching From FT To PT For MDI-Transcders
Apr 29, 2010

Have any of you that came in with the MDI merger to Transcend or Transcend MLSs had a problem switching from full-time to part-time, or to IC status, etc.?  It was mentioned during the conference calls that we could switch after the merger if we felt we needed a different schedule or less/more hours.  Was this an easy process with HR or your TL/ROM? ...

Switching Careers From Mt
May 18, 2010

Any of you thought of switching to dental laboratory technician, you can work independently a lot of times and they make pretty decent money.  Or do any of you know a dental lab tech and if they like their job, just looking around for something else to do besides MT ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...