A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keyboard compatibility question - CAMT

Posted: Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard?

I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.  

Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sticky space bar, the usual problem), so thought I'd give the Perixx a try if it's compatible.

TIA!!!

Keyboard compatibility question - PrincessMoFo

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on what model you are looking at but this model says it is

http://www.amazon.com/Perixx-PERIBOARD-512B-Ergonomic-Split-Keyboard/dp/B0076KQRXG

Similar Messages:

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Windows 7 With DocQscribe Compatibility
Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that. ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

MT Test Site Compatibility
Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

Anyone Using This Keyboard?
May 31, 2010

... the TypeMatrix (see link at bottom) If so (or otherwise) anyone using the Dvorak key layout?  Actually I was just trying to search for fast keyboards (as it seems like my keyboard is slow to react), and came across info on this.  Aside from the initial question, any tips on a regular keyboard with fast reaction and highlighting ability appreciated as well.  (I prefer an uncurved keyboard that isn't real large though.)  Thanks for any info you can give me! ...

What Keyboard Everyone Uses
Sep 05, 2010

Hi! Wondering what keyboards everyone uses. I currently have the logitech wave but think it is suffering a slow death and will be needing to purchase a new one soon. Any recommendations? Thanks! ...

Best Keyboard
Jun 21, 2011

I am going to be looking for a new keyboard.  I see most of you seem to like the split keyboard.  When I tried that at one time I couldn't get used to the 6 being on the wrong side of the keyboard (I use my right hand for it), for one thing.  Is this something you just get used to or do you all not have that problem to begin with?  Does anyone have an ergonomic keyboard that is not split that they like?  ...

Keyboard Help Please!
Nov 30, 2011

Please someone help.   Sometimes when I am typing my keyboard will just start typing wrong letters and/or numbers.   I have tried the num lock to no avail.   This only ever happens when I am typing on a platform.    Does anyone know a solution?  As always, thanks for any input! ...

Best Keyboard ???
Oct 16, 2012

Need a new keyboard and was wondering if any of you out there use a gaming keyboard for working as an MT?  If so, do you think they are better?  Which one would you recommend?  Thanks for your input. ...

DAS Keyboard?
Sep 03, 2013

Thinking about taking the plunge and investing in a DAS tactile keyboard.  It's a bigger investment than I've ever made in a keyboard. Does anyone here use a DAS keyboard or have used one?  If so, any feedback about it would be greatly appreciated.   TIA!!! ...

Need New Keyboard
Sep 13, 2014

Hello all, I am in need of a new keyboard.  I am using a Goldtouch now but the keyboard configuration does not really work for me, specifically the cntl, alt, and windows keys, as well as the home key.  I hit the wrong keys frequently, too much, and it hurts my production.  I do like the "touch" of it though.  I would like something that feels the same, a little bit spongy but not sticky.  Any suggestions.  TIA. ...

Keyboard
Jun 25, 2015

Hello, I am using a Microsoft split keyboard that is just about worn out and would like to know what most of you are using now. After using a split keyboard I do not think I could go back to a regular keyboard. Also, I keep the keyboard slanted to the left slightly which is more comfortable for me, probably because I am left-handed, but it does make to getting to some of the keys on my right hand a little difficult. Anyhow, just curious to see what most of you are using now. Thanks. ...

What Is The Best Type Of Keyboard?
Oct 13, 2009

I have a REALLY old, loud COMPAQ keyboard.  I am going to buy a new one soon.  What are the best kinds for transcription?  With mine, you really have to punch down on the keys, and I know that a lot of the newer ones are much easier to press.  Any ideas? ...

Keyboard Issues
Dec 07, 2009

Is anyone else having problems with their keyboard not working properly and sticking when in DocQScribe?  I changed the batteries in my keyboard but that didn't help.  This is an on and off problem in the past few days and I can't figure out if it's my keyboard, my computer, or DocQScribe.  ...

Quiet Keyboard
Jan 11, 2010

Hi all, Hoping this is on the "write" board. I'm looking for a keyboard for my Dell desktop that's quieter...like a laptop keyboard is. Any suggestions of model, where I can look, etc.? Personal experience with one is preferred... Thanks!! J ...

Footpedal Or Keyboard.sm
Mar 19, 2010

For those of you who are experienced with VR, do you use the footpedal to control the audio or the keyboard.   I am new to this.  I am used to using the footpedal but have heard from a couple of others that using the keyboard to control audio seems to be faster for them. I would like some opinions please.  Also, maybe you could tell me how long your learning curve was.  How long did it take to get your speed up to the point that you were making what you could make trans ...

Keyboard Protector
May 01, 2010

Does anybody use a keyboard protector/cover.  I am on my third keyboard this year due to spilling accidents (I think I better get a sippy cup).  Does a cover effect your typing at all? ...